All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here525 King Edward Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1N7N3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"Excellent alternative to a hotel"
Not much to add to what's already been said by others: very clean, comfortable, inviting B&B. The owner is extremely helpful in terms of local information, day planning, etc. The location is amazingly convenient. Very highly recommend staying at the King Edward.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Lars Von
"a great choice for Ottawa"
What a nice B&B. The host is very friendly, the breakfast was excellent, and the rooms were great. I shared a bathroom and it was no problem at all. It's a 10-minute walk to Byward Market and 5 to the University of Ottawa campus. The downstairs living rooms have a nice lounge area with a fountain and a fireplace--a nice cozy place to warm up in the winter. I would love to come back here again.
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2014

"Location location location"
The location of the b&b was perfect, all the major sites are within walkable distance. The house was nice and clean. The host was very knowledgeable and he gave us a lot of uselful tips. Breakfast was delicious too.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
travel addict
"Perfect location and close walk to ByWard Market"
Perfect location, great breakfast, and friendly owner.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
"Wonderfully restored, excellent breakfast."
We had a delightful experience with the live in owner of this marvelous old home. The one-table concept for breakfast led to refreshing and interesting conversation with other guests. This B&B rents only three rooms. One room has its own bath and a second 1 bath is shared. The existence of a half bath on the main floor accommodates everyone well. Richard, the owner, is very helpful and happy to discuss the history of the building and suggest routes for getting place in Ottawa.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
3 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
norman

2 night family trip Feb 23, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Auberge The King Edward Bed and Breakfast

"Wonderful B&B in Ottawa!"
05/16/15 Yvonne B Chatham, Ontario, Canada
My daughter and I spent two days in Ottawa. Richard is a pleasant gentleman who was full of information about the area sights. The B&B is neat and clean and the breakfast was delicious! Loved the way the place was decorated with antiques and mementos of his travels. We found the bed a little hard, but that may be a personal preference. We enjoyed visiting with Sunny his dog, but I do know some people who would have a problem with a dog at a breakfast table.
"More than pleased"
05/15/15 NadiaK888 Winnipeg, Canada
I spent two nights in the tower room and enjoyed it immensely. The location is excellent and Richard has sound proofed the room to block out the sounds of traffic, which was appreciated! I enjoyed the character of the house and appreciate all the work that went into restoring it and furnishing it with period appropriate pieces. The tulip garden in the front yard was beautiful. I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and watching the firetrucks.
"Most enjoyable stay"
05/11/15 Shervin S
Had an excellent stay here with my wife! She loved the atmosphere and the decorations, which gives the place more of a "home" feeling than a hotel. The owner is the most friendly and accommodating we have seen in a long time (and we travel a lot); very courteous and professional too. Location is excellent, and the breakfast can be customized. WiFi is quite fast. All in all, considering it's promoted as a B&B, I can't say anything negative at all about this place. Highly recommend it.
"Very comfortable place"
04/25/15 世隆 管
Richard is a very nice landlord, and his dog is sooooo cute. I love there's furniture and breakfast. Hope one day I have chance to visit there again! And next time, I will bring my friends to go with me.
"A place with character"
04/10/15 Anne Q Azilda, Ontario
Great change from the hotel scene. Friendly, personalised bilingual service....the owner gives you the impression of being at a home away from home. Wonderful, welcoming....wished I could enjoy this houses' charm in other seasons. Great breakfast and centrally located.
"Perfect for us!"
04/08/15 Robinettesherman Pahoa, Hawaii
We had two nights in Ottawa and this was the perfect combination of friendly, cozy, beautiful and easy. We really appreciated that we could walk where we needed and we enjoyed how comfortable we felt staying in this gorgeous home. The breakfast was wonderful and way more than we expected. We feel so lucky to have found it. We would definitely choose staying here again.
"One quick night in town"
04/02/15 24Yvonne24 Toronto, Canada
Our room was fantastic, charming home. Our host Richard was wonderful, along with charming Sunny. Lovely breakfast and even a treat for the road. Made us feel very welcome. Highly recommend for short or longer stay
"Lovely house perfectly located to appreciate beautiful Ottawa"
03/10/15 ritanoel9
We had a wonderful stay at King Edward,mostly because the house itself is like a museum, as it is decorated with obvious good taste, beautifully furnished with antiques. The owner is very pleasant and his knowledge of the city was helpful to us We appreciated the peacefulness of the oasis- like living room , the comfort of our amazing spacious bedroom We enjoyed a delicious substantial breakfast in the company of our entertaining host Oh and we loved Sunny the dog also!! Definitely recommend Planning to return Thank you! Rita, Ben &Vincent
"Excellent stay"
03/02/15 lokelyokel Toronto, Canada
What made this accomodation stand out was our host Richard. His knowledge of Ottawa and helpfulness in planning our time made our visit very enjoyable. Also, I love the world map showing where he has travelled and where guests have come from, the incredible artwork displayed all over the house, and of course the food and proximity to town couldn't be beat. Thank you for a wonderful stay! Lisa, Ray, Sacha and Carmen P.S. One week back in Toronto, Carmen was already asking for 'Sunny the Dog'. We'll have to visit again soon.
"Couples Winter Escape"
02/14/15 Fred T Collingwood, Canada
My husband and I spent six nights at the King Edward B&B in January 2015. Our host Richard was charming and welcoming and helpful. His extensive knowledge of Ottawa and surrounding areas really enhanced our holiday. The Tower Room gave us plenty of space to spread out, read, relax and enjoy a bottle of wine. This well appointed home restored to its former glory, down to the crooked floor in our room, felt warm and comfortable and homey. We are not pet people but we fell in love with Sunny. He is a very well behaved and sweet dog that does not leave Richard's side. We highly recommend The King Edward Bed and Breakfast. -Catherine and Fred Tustin