All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
511 Rideau Street, Ottawa, ON, K1N 5Z5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

This is not an hotel, and should not be rated at such. These are private appartments in a building. Furthermore, it is said the room will not be charged immediatly, but later on by the Hotel and in local currency. This is absolutly wrong. My credit card was charged immediatly, and in euros, which is intolerable. As this is not an hotel, nobody is there for check in and check out, and you have to settle everything in advance. If anything happens before your arrival, you will be simply left out in the street....
3 night trip Jun 16, 2015
patrick
"It is a fantastic location. Better than home... :)"
Super clean. Beautifully renovated but kept the feel of the 1850s. I will return.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Lovely Accommodations"
The accommodations were lovely. We were not aware that a front desk was not on site at first because the only notification was in the confirmation e-mail. Entry issues were solved quickly. Would recommend this accommodation to others.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great apartment ."
We spend 4 nights / 4 days and had a really great time. The apartment was clean, well maintained and we felt like we were at home. The meet and greet was great , very organized and on time.Thank you.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Great Stay but there is construction."
We had a great stay there. The accommodations were great just be careful as there is major construction on the Rideau St that makes getting to and from the hotel difficult.
Response by Rideau Mews Vacation Rental
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we promise we will work hard to change your opinion from a 4 to 5 star when you visit us again! Good news! The road construction is winding down and will be finished shortly. The new, wide sidewalks are beautiful. Perfect for a stroll to the Byward market.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013

Spent a weekend with family in the Laurier Apartment. Wonderfully renovated with a very period feel to fit the house. The apartment building and rooms are clean and well maintained. We all really loved using it as a homebase for a site-seeing weekend in Ottawa. It is a 20-25 minute walk to the Byward Market, and a little further to Parliament and other downtown attractions. However it is a very short bus ride from the stop that is steps from the door. There is a information booklet provided with a wealth of information on transportation and the surrounding area. The surrounding neighborhood is a little on the rougher side, but seems to be in the process of gentrifying as the popular tourist area expands out. There was only one minor upgrade they could make in 'room comfort' and that is to refresh the pillows in the bedroom, they were a bit past worn out. Other than that I have no complaints at all. Management was friendly and attentive and provided great detailed information.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Ian
"Ottawa overniter"
Bed was terrible. Needs new mattress.Very cramped space.
Response by Rideau Mews Vacation Rental
I am terribly sorry that this guest did not feel the beds were comfortable. I have found that the overwhelming majority of my guests did enjoy their stay including the beds (and mattresses) but sometimes people have particular types of mattresses that they prefer and nothing else will do... I encourage my guests to contact me during their stay if there are any issues. As the other reviews will show, I respond quickly and I do my best to fix any issues.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Rideau Mews on Long weekend"
Our stay was very good. The apartment was clean and welcoming. The bed and sofa bed were both very comfortable. The section of Rideau Street was a little questionable but we still felt very safe walking. It was a good walk to the Byward market and Rideau Centre from Rideau Mews. There was no trouble with parking for the long weekend. The only less than optimal situation was there were not enough towels or pillow cases for the pillows on the sofa when we arrived. We also found a dirty towel on the back of the bedroom door. When the contact person was told, the situation was rectified within a half hour, with lots of clean towels, new pillow cases for the sofa bed. We enjoyed our stay there very much.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Beautiful, Comfortable, Convenient"
We spent a Mother daughter weekend...two moms three daughters.. in Ottawa doing a university tour & spent one night in the beautifully appointed, impeccably clean designer suite. Every detail has been tended to...including basic foodstuffs like sugar, coffee, condiments, pasta, canned & dried food. The owner knows how irritating it is for clients to waste time & money stocking basic items for short stays. Much appreciated. The property's location on Rideau Street means total convenience for a walk or a bus ride to Byward market & many other tourist stops. The noise from the main street was tolerable. Beds were very comfortable. The sleeper couch was...well...a sleeper couch. Does anyone actually make a comfortable pull-out? Only downside- the area is clearly on its way to being gentrified but is not quite there yet. If it's important to you that the room you stay in is as much a part of your experience as the city you are visiting, this is the place for you!
Other trip May 11, 2015
Travelmom
"this is not a hotel.Its a private residence"
The first thing I noticed was the surrounding area was a bit run down.The place itself wasn't too bad but it felt like someone had just left to let me in.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Like staying at a friend's"
Great place to stay. The room will have about everything you would need to stay for any length of time, and feels like you're staying at a friend's place out of town. It's important to keep in mind that this is not a hotel, but a rental apartment, so there is no reception desk, no room service, no concierge, etc. When your check-in time approaches, the manager will text you with a code to get in the building, and then a code for your room. When you enter, the building looks a bit dated, there may be a freak in the floor or the stairs, but the building is 140 years old, so it's bound to happen. The only drawback is the neighbourhood it's in. There isn't much to do in the immediate area, and it seemed there were always emergency vehicles dealing with something nearby. Luckily the Mews is just a short walk (about 2 km or so) to Byward, Parliament, and other tourist attractions.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Way better than hotel"
Great looking property, confortable and accomodated our large family of six well. Close to shopping and great food. Will definetly stay there again over a hotel
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Francis
"Special Accommodations"
My husband had to have unexpected emergency surgery at the Ottawa General Hospital and we were 6 hours away from home. They arranged an extended stay in another apartment in the same building and helped us move and get settled. Since we were only planning on staying one night we brought bare minimum cooking supplies. It was great to have spices, coffee, etc. supplied so we didn't have to buy everything or eat out every night. Thanks so much to the staff.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Full satisfaction & comfort"
Friendly reception.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Yves
"Great Experience"
My daughter attends uOttawa so we wanted to find somewhere nice and close that didn't cost a fortune to stay at when we visit. The concept of these apartments is great, everything you need (even a washer/dryer) and feels like home. Having a full kitchen and separate living area was really great. There is no parking here but we parked a block away at the Econolodge for 10.00 per night. It was a really hot night so we had the windows open and unfortunately the street traffic was really loud and the neighbourhood is not great. But overall we were very pleased.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Homey, well-equipped, and comfortable"
A very nice home base from which to explore downtown Ottawa. The immediate neighbourhood is slightly seedy, but you don't have to go far to get pretty much anywhere. The property is still undergoing some renovations and updates from what we saw, but they are on the right track toward creating a lovely atmosphere.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"close to all must-see sights"
We did enjoy the apartment which was perfect and the warm welcome of our host. The locatioin is very convenient to visit the city by walk, the only negative remark we have is about the neighbourhood which is unfortunately rather weird!
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
sophie gayer
"Sweaty nights"
The apartment was tiny but had everything necessary to prepare and eat meals. Our only complaint was the discomfort of micro fibre sheets in a humid climate, which made sleep difficult. When we asked if it was possible to replace the sheets with cotton we were told: 'since the rates we charge are less that what cheap motels in the city charge we had to switch to microfibre sheets". That seemed a strange attitude for someone in the business of hospitality.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Frequent Guest"
I have stayed at this location a number of times now. No complaints or concerns. The location is central and it's a nice change to have an apartment/condo environment for a decent price. Keep an eye out for room sales too. They're often available.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Cozy with character"
Wonderful location! Only 15 minutes from the downtown core.Everything one could need was provided in the kitchen and in the bathroom. The bedroom was a little bit warm although we could have used the air conditioning. The living room and dining area are very small but charming.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Nice motel - Near Vanier..."
Nice room & friendly owners. If you intend to only book a room to sleep, then that's okay. However, if you plan to be loud (pre-drinking with friends, playing music, etc), or you have kids that may be loud during the evening, this may not be the greatest spot to stay for the night. The building is old and noise travels throughout the entire building. This motel should only be recommended to those "less wild and outgoing"..
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Cute!"
I really loved it. What a cute place. A touch further from the Byward market than we usually stay but at this price it was totally worth it! Would definitely stay there again. We had a baby so it was nice to put her in a separate space instead of having her in our bedroom. And having the kitchen with the sink and fridge was convenient for preparing her food. Although the furniture was totally antique-ish, it was really clean and comfortable. Great stay!
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Tiffany
"would not stay anywere else now"
we had an over night stay in Ottawa with our friend from England. we were delighted with our appartment. it was warm,cosy and very clean. the shower head was powerful and lovely hot water. everything we needed was included even a tea set and dinner service i will be certainly bookng again...
1 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
angela
"Amazing"
Loved my experience!!! Highly recommend it! Very lovely, homy, awesome amenities. Kat is super nice!
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Excellent service"
First, the manager waited for us to come back very late from a hockey game so we could check in. When we got there, the tv had a problem with the volume which she fixed in no time at all. The room was perfect, really cozy. The apartment comes fully stocked with all you will need to make all sorts of lunches, minus the food of course, but all utensils, pots and pans, even chef knives. It was super clean. It is very close to pretty much anything you will want, even a 24h grocery store. Will definitely go back any time I stay again in Ottawa.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Good Deal"
Very good overall ! Small suite... small living room with hide-a-bed sofa and small dining table and 4 chairs, small galley kitchen, small bedroom, small bathroom... all clean and quite comfortable. Well-stocked kitchen included all sorts of stuff you might need if cooking - ketchup, salt, spices, other condiments, etc. - along with dishes, pots & pans and utensils. Extra towels provided, beautiful fixtures in bathroom. Had to park on the next block at EconoLodge, $10 overnight fee... parked and paid it, but I suspect there is free on-street parking as close or closer if you take a quick look. This would be an excellent place to stay if you were going to be in Ottawa for a few days and wanted to cook a few of your own meals... we were only there overnight, and it was very nice, especially for the very low price.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Dan Viau
"Wonderful Apartment"
My family stayed in the 3-bedroom apartment only for one night but I have been recommending this place to friends since then. We originally planned to stay in a one-bedroom and we appreciated the upgrade. The 3-bedroom apartment is wonderfully decorated, beds were very comfortable and we lacked for nothing. Next time we come to Ottawa we plan to stay longer and definitely at the Rideau Mews (hopefully an apartment will be available!).
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"AMAZING condo style rentals!"
My boyfriend and I were there for a night only and kind of wish we had booked for the week. These condo style rentals are simply amazing. Closed bedroom, living room, fully equipped kitchen ( pots, pans, plates and SPICES!!!) Minutes from the Rideau centre, ps3, netflix, wifi, nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Couples 27-33
"Everything we needed"
A beautiful room with all the comforts of home. Great access to transit (stops right at front door!) Catherine was very helpful with recommendations. We loved the Shawarma Palace (just a block down the street) and the Blue Cactus (in Byward Market- fantastic menu, delicious food). Cheap parking nearby.
4 night family trip Mar 10, 2014
"Great apartment style hotel"
Absolutely lovely! Quaint, clean, great location.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"A gem."
Highly recommended. The owner-operators were extremely courteous and welcoming. I stayed in the Urban Rose apartment, and I can't say enough about how tastefully decorated, comprehensively appointed and carefully maintained the apartment was. These people clearly put lots of TLC into their business. As if that wasn't enough, it was very attractively priced, even factoring in the extra expense of nearby parking. Well done!
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
A. Bendavid
"Perfect little spot"
This guest house is a heritage property that has been renovated and made into six apartments. Our apartment had a full kitchen, bedroom, with lots of storage and a washer dryer, a newly renovated bathroom and a sitting room. It was very comfortable with lots of space. It is important to know that parts of the home are still being renovated, but all work was done without us hearing any noise. It is about a fifteen minute walk to the byward market, and about 20 minutes to Parliment Hill. The bus stops right outside the door, and the bus system is excellent. We found great restaurants close by, The Saffron Restaurant was especially wonderful. We will be using this hotel on our return trip as well
3 night trip Feb 17, 2014
Cindy
"convenient, comfortable and relaxing"
Convenient location with bus stop at door, unit was well equipped with all conveniences.could be a bit more generous on the toiletries . snow plow came on the property early in the morning and made such a noise, woke everyone. everything else was great
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
missv
"Fantastic!"
It was a real pleasure to discover this location! I felt just like I was at home with all the conveniences that the suites have to offer. Within a 7-10 minute walk of the downtown core I could get everywhere I wanted by foot. I have already booked to return in February and plan to continue to stay here whenever I am in Ottawa.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"nice little place"
Stay was quiet a nice experience, refreshing from the usual hotel stays. Parking is not available (called out in their website) but you can get yourself a parking space in near by place. Seemed bit expensive (10$) for overnight.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
jey
"I really loved it and it worth this rate....."
I got more than what I expected ......I love their hospitality, the place and the decoration. every thing was rich and worm. I am sure I'll go back for another visit.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
Hadeel ALS
"Nice apartment for stay in Ottawa."
Prompt reply and staff was very helpful. It is essential to call/email and arrange a check-in time! Apartment was fully furnished even with washer/dryer. Great decor and Netflix with playstation is even available!
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
Devince
"Cozy comfy apartment"
It was a very comfortable and cozy apartment with a kitchen so I could make food. The communications with the management were very good. Someone met me to let me in and explain some things about the apartment. The price was very reasonable and it was close to a 24 hour grocery store. It was in an older heritage building so there was some noise from other people in the building, but this was minor. It was not too far from downtown and the buses stopped right near the building. I would definitely book this place again next time I am in Ottawa.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"An unexpectedly great hotel"
at a cheap price, I got an apartment-style room with a full kitchen, a full living room and a full bathroom. Home feeling. Nice staff.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Clean, lots of space and something refreshing"
I only stayed there for 1 night, so I can only comment short stay experience.The hotel location is very close to the city centre which is important. The parking was free right behind the building. The apartment we stayed in had a lot of space, was clean and stuff was helpful. Kitchen was beautifully equipped, beds were clean and soft. I almost wanted to extend my stay, but couldn`t. Anyways, I can imagine a full family of 4 having no trouble in a place like that.
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2013
Martin
"Great place. Ideal for longer stays"
Stayed here for two nights. This is not a hotel, they are furnished apartment rental units. Room is large and they have household products, spices, fully equipped kitchen, laundry, games, and small touches here and there to utilize during stay. The building is in a beautiful old heritage one and construction was still underway in surrounding streets so was loud during day and hard to walk around with big luggage. There is loblaws close by and quickie mart, both 24 hours. Few places to eat, however 15 minute walk to mall and bus stop outside building. The bed was firm yet comfortable. Linens nice. Showerhead was great. Bathroom product amenties are in dispensers but good quality. Some areas of unit were not fully cleaned, but overall the unit was well kept. Rate it a 3 star with potential for 3.5. Or higher. No front desk or staff at property 24 hrs. All communication is done through Text & phone with kind owners.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
J

"Condo très spacieux et confortable"
Ce fut un réel plaisir de découvrir notre chambre était en fait un condo tout équipé. C'était spacieux et propre. Nos trois enfants ont adoré leur expérience! La cuisine complète était vraiment incroyable. C'est certain que nous retournerons à Rideau Mews lors de notre prochaine visite à Ottawa.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Magalie
"The apartment is amazing with all we need."
The pictures of the apartment is not fair with it. The place is really fantastic and everything is in place for a pleasure stay. Definitely is a very good choice for your family.
3 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Lucio
BR
"Great place"
it has everything you need to stay there all day or only overnight. You feel like you are at home. I would be there again for sure.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Luis Celis
MX
Tout ce qui est nécessaire est déjà en place. Même la crème solaire, cela veut tout dire. Par contre, il devrait être spécifié dans l'offre que le stationnement n'est pas inclus.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Rideau Mews Vacation Rental"
Expérience général agréable. Manque un peu au niveau de la disponibilité des responsables.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Bertrand
"Appartement hôtel comme chez soi"
Hôtel très bien placé. Au centre ville d'Ottawa, tout près du marché byward , avec des supermarches alentours. L'hôte a été charmante et très disponible. Très bonne expérience que je recommande.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
FR
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Fenghua
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
Response by Rideau Mews Vacation Rental
We are disappointed to receive a 2 star but we consider it an opportunity to work harder to regain your business. Though you did not provide any details, we will check over the apartment carefully to see what could be the issue. We take, on average 2- 2 1/2 hrs to clean the apartment after each check-out, we sterilize the linens, we re-stock the coffee, tea, sugar, spices, rice, pasta, etc. We make sure the apartment has laundry soap, dryer sheets, batteries, cleaning products for your use. We check that the HDTV, PS3, HD terminal and NETFLIX are working. Could the 2 stars be based on the road construction? If so, we would like to extend our genuine apology for the inconvenience. we are happy to report that the road construction is winding down and will be finished very soon.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013