All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Clean
    Rather comfortable
    Food is all right
"Vancouver B&B"
The B&B is on a very busy street with difficulty to cross the street. With the close proximity to the street the noise level is very high at night. The owners are very nice and provide a good breakfast. The house overall needs some TLC. The bathroom needs new calking around tub. The location of the B&B was convienent for our business meeting but when we return we will not stay there again. The price of the stay is not a good bargain for the minimum amenities at the house.
Response by Granville House B&B
Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate all feedback. The amenities that are all included in our rates are: WiFi, off street parking, bottled water, locally made spa amenities by Purely Saltspring, phone calls (to anywhere in North America), full breakfast, 8 organic teas and fresh fruit, all included even with the deepest winter discount you enjoyed ; ) You can safely cross the street at the light on West 33rd one block away (by car or on foot), and our location on Granville St makes a very quick trip to getting downtown or the airport in minutes. Thanks for complimenting our breakfast and ourselves, we love what we do and appreciate all of our guests! Pam & Randy
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2015

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Absolutely would come back to stay here for longer! Great B&B at a wonderful location!
Business trip Apr 19, 2016
Danica
"happy"
it was very fine
2 night trip Apr 6, 2016
"Great value and comfort at discounted price"
Great value and comfort for your money at the discounted price. Nicely appointed room, nice common area and dining room, and good breakfast which includes hot cereal& omlette.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
"Quick family visit"
The location near our son's place was good, so we could visit the family, especially our granddaughter.
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
Elspeth
Most comforting stays outside of home!
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2016
Jatinder
Great place which I liked as more like a hotel than a B&B. Granville is a busy street so road noise was certainly audible (we were in a front room) but not a big deterrent from my perspective. Great value and a tasty breakfast. I would stay again.
Response by Granville House B&B
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it! It was great meeting you during your brief stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing our B&B for your stay in Vancouver. All the best, Pam & Randy
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Perfect location!"
We stayed two nights in the Birch room, which unfortunately faces the busy street, but was otherwise very comfortable and cozy! Breakfast was delicious, bed luxurious, and it was so convenient and private to have our own key-code to get to the house and the room. Thank you for having us!
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
Lovely home and I really appreciated the special breakfast set aside as I was leaving before the main breakfast time. It was a bit warm in the room, but as the night cooled off, it was fine. The staff was quick to respond to any inquiries. I would recommend this B and B.
Response by Granville House B&B
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we did well accommodating your feather allergy (replacing duvets and pillows) and early departure (with protein options set aside for you), we strive to making even single night stays memorable! Thank you for choosing us! Pam & Randy, owners
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Nice B&B, away from downtown core"
Enjoyed my stay at Granville House B&B. Breakfasts were great every day. Staff very friendly & helpful. Conveniently located on the Granville street, but about 5km away from Downtown. Easy access in & out.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Ron
"Great place to stay when visiting Vancouver"
This is a top class B & B on a par with many many expensive hotels. The rooms are large and fitted to a high standard and everything you might need is provided. We found the staff very friendly and helpful, particularly Sandy. The B & B is clean and well appointed and operates a 'shoes off' policy to maintain standards. It is well located and on a frequent bus route that gets you straight into Vancouver in 10 mins or so. There is an excellent restaurant nearby within walking distance (15 mins). There were only a couple of little niggles. Firstly, there is parking space at the rear of the b & B for one vehicle per guest room but it is quite tight and needs everyone to park considerately. Secondly, there is only one option for the cooked element at breakfast. Whilst this is done to high standard and creative, if its not something you like/want (we didn't want Creme Brulee toast one morning) there is no other choice - not even the standard eggs etc.
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"5 star B&B accommodation."
We arrived late but had no problems with entry due to great information given by hosts. The quality of room and all other aspects was of a very high standard. The hosts could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much bother for them to do in order to help you. Parking was very easy, and loca busl services were very convenient in the proximity of the premises. Overall a very good place which deserves it,s 5 star rating.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Colin
Fantastic! Staff were so accommodating! They allowed me to keep my luggage there for the day when I checked out, and were willing to help with absolutely anything I needed! Would definitely come back in future.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"peaceful and elegant"
A relaxing and peaceful stay and a delicious breakfast. I will be back.
sarah
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly.I would definitely stay again and most highly recommend it. It requires driving to all destinations but worth it.
Response by Granville House B&B
Thank you so much Rosemary, it was great having you! We are also on a bus route that can take you downtown in 10 minutes in case you don't have a car, very easy to get around!
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Rosemary

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"near airport, friendly, but difficult to find out"
difficult to find out the building and the road is repaired at the time
1 night family trip Feb 10, 2016
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Granville House B&B

"Lovely and friendly "
03/13/16 Classic T Hampshire
Great location in Shaugnessy and we walked into Vancouver downtown (about an hour). Very comfortable beds and bed linen. Beautifully decorated too. Randy was extremely friendly and helpful. Good local eco products in the bathroom. All very well appointed. All in all excellent value and I highly recommend Granville House.
"Spacious and comfortable"
02/21/16 Curious_cats_IO Bellevue, Washington
Overall, we had very good time in B&B. We stayed in Alder suite. It was very spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed a Jacuzzi, although we ran out of hot water when trying to take a shower afterwards. The suite faces the garden and is pretty quiet. I am a very light sleeper but didn't have any problems. Our great overall impression was spoiled a bit by an odd interaction with the owner during breakfast. I had a sore throat and asked for a warm milk. "No, no warm milk" replied the owner and started chatting on unrelated topic. To clarify - the cold milk was already there, it just needed to be heated. I was not sure if he was joking, so I asked once again. "No, we don't have it" was the reply again. I was simply shocked. If a simple request like this cannot be accommodated for some obscure reason, I'd expect at least an apology and an explanation, not plain refusal. I left the B&B with the feeling that the owner does not really care about my comfort, which is a shame, given how much effort was put into maintaining this place.
"Comforts of home "
02/08/16 Fauzia R Calgary, Canada
Checked in with an email for our codes and the place was extremely clean. I like to stay at places that are comfy and cozy and not too intrusive. This suite was big, spacious and roomy. Bed was super comfy as were the bedding quality. The only thing is that when the TV doesn't work you don't have a front desk to call & have to wait, luckily the people were available when the TV wasn't working to help get it going. The breakfast although I didn't have any of the breakfast for the three days that we were in there I saw that they were quite gourmet and vibrant it was a very nice change. Not the usual tired eggs, bacon and hash brown. The breakfast one of the mornings was crab quiche, and Grand Marnier French toast is another morning & I cannot remember the rest of them but it was really well done very clean and service was very hospitable. Our suite however the TV was too far away and it should be mounted on a wall or something, it wasn't properly placed. Highly recommend staying here was a quiet street a bit away from downtown, by only 15 min and it was perfectly located. For some reason didn't take pictures but it was super nice. Sweet dreams
"B&B on Busy Street South of Central Vancouver"
10/03/15 TArmstrongNYC New York City, New York
Houses on busy Granville Street are hidden by high hedges, so finding the proper house number was difficult for a vision-challenged senior without GPS who hadn't been to Vancouver before. The owner-managers of Granville House were away during our two-night stay but, having received entry codes prior to our arrival, we let ourselves in and found the way to our room easily. House policy requests guests to remove their shoes upon entry and wear the freshly laundered slippers provided; however, they caught on the rug on the stairs, resulting in temporary abandonment halfway up. (Walking past another temporarily abandoned slipper on the stairs later that evening, I realized we weren't the only guests with that problem.) The room temperature when we arrived after dark was chilly due to cool air coming out of ceiling vents, The thermostat, we found, controlled the temperature of the bathroom floor, not the room temperature. At breakfast the next morning we were greeted by Jonathon, an assistant to the owner-managers, who was welcoming and solicitous. He advised us that we could screw the vents shut by rotating them and offered to do it, but we were able to do it ourselves. However, we subsequently found that, since our room faced west, we had to re-open the vents to counter heat from the early September afternoon sun. The Dogwood Junior Suite, in which we stayed, was comfortable. The hot entrees, an egg casserole the first morning and quiche the second, were tasty although the second was a little overdone, possibly due to being cooked in advance and kept hot on a side table from which guests serve themselves. Guests park on an alley behind the house. Motion-sensing security lights are plentiful although the one on the alley didn't work while we were there. Schlepping luggage on stepping stones around the side of the house to the front entry is challenging for seniors.
"Very glad we found this B&B"
09/25/15 carotelfer Darkan, Australia
We found Granville B&B through an Internet search and, having never been to Vancouver before, we were pleasantly surprised at how accessible it was. Very easy to find in our hire car from the airport. And it was easy to catch an electric bus to go downtown. Also a nice stroll to the botanic gardens. Our suite was very well equipped and spacious. We felt quite decadent staying there! Our host, Randy, was friendly and able to give us local information and he also gave us bus tickets to get into town. The only drawback was the traffic noise, but that was outweighed by the convenience of the location.
"Nice establishment, clean and comfy."
09/07/15 Mai P Los Angeles, California
I stayed here for 4 nights I believe, October of 2014. I liked the no shoe policy in the house, which was one of the main reasons I booked here. I stayed in the junior room, downstairs, and had no problem in regards to the traffic noise. I was out the whole day and by the time I got back all I wanted to do was sleep. The room was cold the second night but it was addressed right away by the owner. I didn't get to try their hot breakfast while staying there but I do like the hot oatmeal and the bread available in the fridge. When staying at a hotel and or B&B, cleanliness, quietness, and the management's availability when there's a problem is very important to me. At the time of my stay Granville House met all of those requirements.
"Perfect welcome to Vancouver"
08/01/15 Adam H Vancouver, Canada
Genuine and helpful friendly staff. I stayed in the Alder suite. Very spacious and cosy room. Great value for money. Couldn't fault it. The room and bathroom was very clean. Unlike others I couldn't hear traffic and thought the room was quiet at night.
"Good place with serious drawbacks"
07/24/15 vidhusagar chennI
The B&B itself is very nice, charming and spacious. Our room was really good with a great bathroom and good bedding. Very clean and elegantly furnished. They do have drawbacks though. The entrance is through the rear of the house and you will have to tread a rough path, it is slippery during the rains and older people will find it difficult. It is situated on the main street so the noise from the traffic is a bit disturbing. Our room was st the back but could still hear the traffic. We did not have hot water on two days . The staff were very apologetic and helped out but you do not expect such things to happen while paying top price. Breakfast was nice but lacked variety . A hot dish was served every day. The bus stand is just across and it is convenient in a lot of ways. Hopefully they will find a for the entrance and have a standby for emergencies.
"Unacceptable service delivery"
07/15/15 SagarVS India
I generally prefer staying in a Bnb instead of large hotels for their warmth and personal touch. The risk that one takes with a Bnb is that when there is a maintenance issue there is no one standing by to solve the issue. We spent four nights and on two nights we did not have hot water. We had no option but to have cold showers/shave. The owners had disappeared and the helpless staff gave me a kettle to make hot water for the shower and I had to use a tea cup to splash it over me. At over CAD 250 a night this is clearly unacceptable.The sad part was that new guests kept checking in and they were not told about the issue. The other issue was the traffic noise which was bad even with the rear facing rooms. The rooms and bath were both large and comfortable. The management sent me a note offering a free night stay, but of what use is that to someone who does not make frequent trips to Vancouver. After paying $ 250 a night, such issues are clearly unacceptable. Empty promises are not enough and fully functional back-ups must be in place. Thats the risk one takes by staying in a BnB.
"The Welcoming, Quietly Understated and Elegant Granville House B&B"
04/09/15 Wendy R Toronto, Canada
Pam and Randy Vogel own and run this very welcoming B&B with a warmth, graciousness and friendliness that one would hope for every B&B! The environment is so very peaceful and the home is clean as a whistle! I have stayed in 2 different units (one smaller than the other) and both were excellent! My only regret, when staying there, was that I didn't have more time to linger over the delicious hot breakfasts, as well as the yummy Granola and fresh fruit! The evnironment lends itself to relaxing, following breakfast, in the cozy living room with the supplied newspaper of the day. It wouldn't be hard to while away the morning with a good cup of coffeee or tea while reading the local and world news..... or a good book! Oh, and, also, at the end of a busy day, either sight seeing or visiting with Family, it is a wonderful experience to fall happily and wearily onto one of their luxurious beds with their extremely comfortable mattresses and beautifully puffy pillows; another place I wished I had had more time to enjoy! The location is very central and convenient, with the Granville St. bus practically at the doorstep. One can access great shopping, restaurants and other ammenities very easily from here. I wouldn't say that this B&B is necessarily quaint or trendy but, rather, well maintained, welcoming and relaxed, as if one is entering an inviting family home that is loved and cared for on an ongoing basis. One feels immediately and comfortably relaxed! It has all the necessary updates. Bathrooms are modern and pristine! All in all, I would give The Granville B&B a hug thumbs up! A+++