All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines
Station 1, Sitio Pinaungon, Balabag, Boracay Island, Aklan, 5608, Philippines, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.7
"A dump, pure and simple."
I am rarely harsh about hotels, but I have to take a moment to do what I can to dissuade anyone from staying at this dump of a hotel. You are likely looking at this place because you are a budget traveler looking for a deal. Look elsewhere, there are plenty of other places on this island in much much better locations. When traveling, there are certain requirements that I expect hotels to meet regardless of budget. Things like providing bath or hand soap so guests may shower after a long trip. I thought this was just an oversight, but when I asked the "front desk" (the table next to all the hanging laundry), I was told it was "my problem." That pretty much encapsulates my experience at this hotel. Other notables - the location is on a terrible dirt road that cabs are hesitant to go down, the room has a stove and sink, but no utensils or cookware making it pretty useless for travelers. I booked for two nights and left after the first. This place was a joke.
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello Jeff, Thank you for your time in reviewing our place. We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay here. We are just a simple place 6 minutes walk to the famous White Beach at Station 1 (where the best part of the beach - widest sand is). We are located in a quiet residential village area, with a rural access road that is 1 minute walk to the Main road. Willy's Rock (the most photographed 'Rock on the Beach') is 6 minutes walk away. The room allows guest to cook as there is a stove, cooking equip is not stored inside the rooms, but can be borrowed in the common area, this is because not all guests have cooking needs, if you need any pots/pans, etc just ask the staff, they are happy to help out. We understand that we cannot change your experience of our place, but hopefully you felt your words have been heard. Thanks Family at Bambooze Hauz Boracay
2 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
Jeff B

"hot in summer"
A little hot in the evening because of what they call electrical shortage in boracay.
3 night family trip May 10, 2015
Calvin
PH
"NICE RESORT + NEAREST IN FRONT BEACH"
First near in front beach, and two seasons, clean resort , very warm staff ...100% very excellent
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello, Thank you so much for the kind comments, it is most wonderful that you enjoyed your stay at Bambooze Hauz. See you next time your in Boracay. WIsh you many happy travels.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
iah
"Value for money"
Too far away from beach, price expansive compared to one closer to beach at St. 2.
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello Sir, Thank you for your review of our place. We are 6 minutes walk to the White Beach at Station 1, you will exit out near Willy's Rock, the famous landmark. The walk may feel longer as part of the walk is through a rural road. However station 1 White beach is the best part of the beach in Boracay....However this may not be what you are looking for as Station 1 is a lot quieter than the hub in station 2. We pride ourselves on our competitive pricing and we are always reviewing our competitors so that we can offer our guests good deals. Thanks Family at Bambooze Hauz
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Kana
"Hotel is far away from beach"
Hotel is deep inside residential area with terrible road to walk on. The road leads to the main road is terrible. The road is not maintain and there is no light along the road. Room is not clean. There are dusts and rubbish from the previous customer. Strongly not recommended!
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello Sir, We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our place. We are located in a residential village about 1 minute walk to the main road. Our village and access road is rustic, so we understand that this is not for everyone. The village houses provide the lighting at night, and sometimes this is not enough lighting, so if need be we have flashlights guests can borrow from us to help them through the 1 minute walk should they need it. We are 6 minutes walk to White Beach, you will exit out near Willy's Rock (the most photographed landmark in Boracay), the walk may seen longer to you as you pass through a short rural road. We are sorry that you found your room not to be as cleaned as you liked, we have talked to the staff and it was an oversight on our behalf, we seriously sorry about that as we generally pride ourselves on being clean! Once again we understand that our comments will not change your past experience with us, but we hope that you felt you have been heard. From the family at Bambooze Hauz Boracay
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Top destination"
A good Place to stay,and Close to the Beach. Loved the bunk beds .
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello Sir, Thank you so much for your kind comments and yes we love the bunk beds too! You are a pleasure to host. Thank you From the family at Bambooze Hauz Boracay
3 night trip Mar 17, 2014
sir alex
SG

"싼 값에 잠만 자고 나오기 좋음."
에어아시아 이용하시는 분들은 늦게 도착해서 하루 잠자기에는 좋습니다. 도착하는 날과 출발하는 날 이틀 머물렀는데 잠만 자고 나오기에는 좋습니다. 늦은 시간이었는데 친절하기도 했구요. 다만 위치가 너무 안좋습니다. 여자 두명이 갔었는데 중심가에서도 너무 떨어져있고 메인로드에서도 조금 들어가야 해서 늦은 시간엔 무서울 정도였기도 했어요. 그냥 평타.
1 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
KR
"Bisschen abgelegen"
Lage etwas abgelegen. Preisgünstig im Vergleich. Eidechsen und Kakerlaken können durch türschlitz ins Zimmer hinein kommen (war bei mir der Fall). Lieber vorher diese mit einem Streifen Pappe oder ähnliches stopfen.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2014
kavin
CN
"후기참고하세요"
일딴 여기 찾기너무힘듭니다 사전에 완벽하게위치를 파악하고가시거나 해야할꺼에요 저희는 트라이시클타고 한시간넘게헤맸습니다 현지사람들한테 위치 물어봐도 아는사람이없더라고요 참고하시기바랍니다 룸컨디션은가격 대비만족합니다 수압약합니다 참고 좋은여행되세요
Response by Bambooze Hauz
Hello Sir, Thank you for your comments about our place, yes Boracay don't really have formal address system, so it can be hard to find new or hiding places. We do include a map with the booking, so hopefully it will help future guests. We also encourage guests to ring us if they are lost so we can give directions to the driver. Thanks Family at Bambooze Hauz Boracay
1 night trip May 19, 2014
보라카이
KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Bambooze Hauz

"A good place to stay with family and friends on a budget"
05/26/15 shar K Bacolod, Philippines
My friends and I stayed in Bambooze hauz for 3 days and 2 nights. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. They catered to our every request. The location in my opinion is not that far when you want to go to the beach. It took us 3-5 minutes to reach it. We were able to save money and enjoyed our stay. My friends and I all agreed we will stay in this place again next time. I do have 2 suggestions to the owner of Bambooze haus, though. I hope this will be considered. One; I hope a towel holder will be installed in the bathroom as we had no place to put our towels and clean clothes in the bathroom every time we showered. Two; I hope you will consider installing a shower outside, so your guests can shower and rinse the sand before going up to their rooms. This way, it is less 'sandy' when we go to our rooms after a swim. I recommend this to people who are on a budget and those who want to cook their own food. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly.
"affordable and clean"
04/30/15 Jordan_Montecalvo
the room we booked was clean and the staff was accommodating enough to let us extend our stay a bit as our flight was still late in the afternoon and check out time is 10AM. it takes about 5-7 minutes walk to the beach as the hotel is located in the interior portion of a residential area but we didn't mind because it's away from the noise of the passing vehicles. also the way to the beach is not lit so when you go there at night, you need to bring a flashlight or something to light your way. i'd recommend this hotel for those who are looking for an affordable place to stay while in boracay and not mind the little exercise going to the beach
"A budget friendly Station 1 accommodation"
01/13/15 blissful_wanderer Metro Manila, Philippines
We arrived before 8am (too early for check in) but we were already allowed by the caretakers inside since the rooms were already available then. The two adjacent rooms provided to accommodate all 8 of us (4 in each room) during a 3D2N stay were fairly neat. There was one bunk bed and one futon foam in each room. The bed sheets, blankets, and towels were clean. A refrigerator and television was set up in only one of the two rooms. I actually expected both rooms to have a ref and a TV but the caretaker told us they can only let us use one of each at that time. We were okay with that because we did not plan to spend most of our time in the hotel anyway. (Tip: If you will be getting more than one room and you're particular about having a TV set and a ref in each room, it is better to clarify this with the hotel prior to making a reservation). They gave us two portable Butane gas stoves and cooking utensils. This is a plus especially for groups like us that are on a budget. Since the hotel does not offer breakfast, you may just cook your own meal/s and save more for sightseeing or shopping. There is a sari-sari store near Bambooze that also sells fresh meat, vegetables, frozen, processed, canned goods, etc. If you happen to wake up early or have the time, you may ride a tricycle and go to their "Bagsakan Market" (walking distance away from the more famous D' Talipapa) where the prices are a bit cheaper. The bathrooms are small but would've not been a concern if not for the low water pressure during our stay. On our second day, we even have to borrow a pail so lining up for a bath will not take us a very long time. This may be common to the rooms on the second floor because there is a properly working faucet right below the stairs (near the garden beside the staff house). They have a wireless router but because most of us are on a data plan, I was not really particular about utilizing the free WiFi. I remember one of us was able to connect but he said that the connection was slow and was unavailable once you are back inside the room. The hotel is less than a 10-minute walk to the white beach. Just bring a flashlight with you if you plan to stay out late as the path going to and from the hotel is not cemented. There were intermittent rains when we were there and I noticed that the path gets flooded real quickly and can even be almost knee-deep at some point. The water subsides 15-20 minutes after the rain but be prepared as the road can get real muddy. (Floods during the rainy season have been common, not only around Bambooze's location, but also to other areas in the island. This may be caused by the lack of adequate drainage with the construction of newer hotels and other facilities). Ashley (the manager) was really patient in responding to all our queries before and after the deposit was paid. The caretakers were also nice and always did the best they can to assist us. (They even let us borrow their umbrellas when it started to rain). Overall, I do not regret picking Bambooze Hauz for our spontaneous Boracay adventure. I recommend staying here if you are on a tight budget but still want to be close to White Beach. The hotel itself is simple and it comes with basic amenities so if you have additional requests or inquiries before booking, it is best to ask right away so the right expectations are set.
"Would not recommend it"
11/16/14 Moly M
It is one of the cheaper places in boracay. Not like other travellers, I think the location is not so bad. I prefer the unpaved road that leads to the guesthouse to the main street, where you constantly have to take care of the noisy tricycles. Walking to the beach takes less than 10 minutes. The condition of the room was poor, loads of ants. The cooking option consists of a sink and a gas stove. You have to haggle for everything (TV, stove, ac). There was no WiFi and the staff was laughing at us when we asked for it. If you plan to sleep during the night this is no good place! There are about 10 roosters in the backyard that are hold for cockfighting I guess. The "rooster farm" is also run by the bambooze hauz and they start to scream at about 4 am.
"Awful, just awful. Be warned."
07/02/14 Vegard S Sandvika, Norway
Firstly, this place is a hazzle getting to. Nobody seems to know where it is. We had to ask at the tourist office. Even they didn't know. So they looked it up, and called to find out where. Once your close, you have to walk down some shady backstreets (read slum). Finally there, the staff was nice. Unfortunately that does not make up for the poor poor location (its a bit of a walk to the beach). The room is in poor shape. Ants crawling along the window / sink. Moth cocoons hanging around on the walls. The place was in general not clean. They also got a lot of cats on the property, making it a minefield for anyone with cat allergy. We stayed for 15 min before concluding that this was to crappy even for our backpacker budget standards.
"Bad location"
04/23/14 Zi Wei K
The hotel is located far deep inside residential area. It took us 5 minutes to walk to the main road. The road leads to the hotel is dark at night with dogs standing in the middle of road. At least lights should be set up if there is a hotel inside in my opinion. Room is clean for the bedding and floor but not the racks. Found dust and leftover rubbish on the racks and boards. Took us some time to clean with tissue before we unload our clothes. Other than location and cleanliness, others are ok. Staffs are friendly.
"Boracay, Station 1 - On a Budget"
02/24/14 Jinky G Makati, Philippines
I found Bamboozehaus on the internet while looking for a cheap place to stay in Boracay for me and my family during my son's birthday week. We didn't have a lot of budget on us so my main focus was to get an affordable accommodation and hopefully at a place where we can cook our own food. This place offers both. We were 3 adults and 1 little boy and we rented the room at 1,200 per night. The rate was not per person but per room. It had a double deck bed where the lower bunk can accommodate 2 people and an upper bunk for a single person or with a little kid. It was good enough for us. The bathroom was small but it works. We stayed for 4 nights. PROS: 1. They offer cheap accommodations and the rates are per room basis. The number of people to stay in the room, you can negotiate with them (at least on my experience, initially our group was supposed to be 4 adults and 2 kids and they were OK with all of us in one room). 2. You can cook inside the room. Just ask them because the gas tank isn't inside the room but will be taken there. They lent us plates, cups, a knife, a pot to cook, a pan, a kettle. Just be considerate to wash them upon returning the items. They also have a grill you can borrow for your barbecue. Also make sure the air-con is off when you cook. 3. The bed foams were not bad at all. They were comfortable enough for a good night's sleep. 4. There's a caretaker anytime inside the hut within the compound to ask help from. 5. Though it's in a residential area, there were stores that sell toilet essentials, a bakery, a big sari-sari store that also has frozen food, vegetables (in the morning), condiments, charcoal, etc. And the prices, since it is in a residential area, were not over the top, at most times, the same as when you are in Manila. 6. In the morning there's a stall along the interior street leading to Bamboozehaus that sell fresh whole dressed chickens and pork. I can't remember if there was fish. But we took advantage of the chicken indeed. I think we bought a whole one for only 150 or 160. CONS: 1. Location. It's off the main road and there's a little bit of walk from the main road to Bamboozehaus. If it's rainy, the small road from the main one leading to the place might be a little muddy. Also a bit dark, especially if it's already past 8pm. It's a residential area, the houses may have lights in them, but along the street, not so much. Bring flashlights. 2. If you're into pretty places or a hotel fan, it might not be up your ally. The room is simple and clean, yes. But there's a chance that you might be placed in one of the rooms at the back, like we were and you won't be liking the view. There's a swamp and small forest at the back. It doesn't smell, at least we weren't noticing any smell. It's just not a good view. 3. As there are many trees and I said some puddles and swamps, there are flying insects like mosquitoes. Best bring loads of OFF lotion and I even bought mosquito coils from the store outside. I think mosquitoes are everywhere even in Manila. 4. The TV and WIFI are not dependable. The TV, there's not a lot of selections and poor signal. If you expect to watch TV after a day at the beach, at least during our stay last year, might not be your place. Unless their connections' have improved. 5. No tables and chairs inside your room so if you'll be cooking and dining in, expect to do it on the floor, lotus-style seating. I am not sure if there were tables to borrow, we didn't ask. You should ask if ever. 6. There could be times (maybe in peak seasons) where the things that we can borrow from the caretakers like the plates, cups, the gas tank, pots, are in use by other guests. Just communicate with the caretakers if you'll be needing anything so that you'll know if you have to wait or not. 7. No potable water. There's a lot of stores within the area that sell mineral water. I wanted this review to be as honest and detailed as possible because a lot of people look for cheap accommodations in Boracay especially in Station 1, which is just a few. Sometimes people want cheap and yet expect Station 1-type comfort. Yes, Bamboozehaus is affordable in a Station 1 location but ensure the expectations are set. For me, I wanted affordable and a place where we can cook so we can save on eating out, it worked out for me and my family. We were there for the beach which my son really enjoyed. When we went back to our room, it was just to sleep. We cooked our meals and ate together, yes, on the floor which we also sometimes do in Manila, within our budget. The caretakers were willing to help with our requests as long as it is doable or possible. We made sure we have tons of OFF lotion and bought mosquito coils to burn to keep away mosquitoes during the day. We cleaned the room and washed the dishes after eating so we won't get ants or flies in. We ignored the swamp, as long as it stays where it is. The interior street leading up to it, doesn't seem dangerous or threatening, it was just a little dark but we managed. And the people living in the area, didn't looked at us funny or made us uncomfortable, maybe because we also didn't disturb them or weren't loud or act prissy. My son loved the beach (and the plane ride, boat ride, van ride and trike ride that came along with it) and it made the trip worth it.
"uncomfortable room"
12/06/13 kathrockz toronto
we got their around 2nd week of november 2013,we have a long ride and we didn't expect when we get to this hotel they don't have electricity due to the typhoon,ok we decided to stay to stay for two nights,since they said that they will give us discount not knowing when is the electricity will be back,the two nights is a nightmare no air is coming from the room with 100 degrees inside the room all window opens which is unsafe,still didn't help at all,when we check in,they said that they have a back up generator but they where two cheap to run the things,we only have small fun and one light working on the room,no a/c no tv ect.and they only run the generator at night and by that time you get up in the morning they turn off the generator means your sweating to death inside the room, no choice but to open the doors and window and still don't help which is unsafe at all,i don't think it is right to treat your guest like that at least keep the guest happy and comfortable.
"Great, friendly place."
08/08/13 checkyourbucket Busan, South Korea
It's off the main road, in an actual residential area, but not too far from the beach (finding it the first time was tricky). Everyone who worked there was very friendly and accommodating. It's terrific value for a room with AC, fridge, TV, etc. My TV didn't really work but I wasn't interested in watching it anyway. The Wi-Fi worked well. I'm glad I opted for Bambooze Hauz over a pricier place near the beachfront prone to more noise at night/early morning. Great place.
07/31/13 Alicia C
Don't be afraid of the location- it's a bit of a walk- but worth it. It was quiet (except for the roosters) & extremely clean. The staff was very accommodating- they lent us an umbrella. The bathroom is tiny but efficient. Everything worked. The room we stayed in had a double bed on the bottom & a bunk on the top. The room also had a mini-fridge, a/c & storage areas. A great simple place to stay.