All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereStation 1, Sitio Pinaungon, Balabag, Boracay Island, Aklan, 5608, Philippines, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.7
    2.7
    2.4
"A dump, pure and simple."
I am rarely harsh about hotels, but I have to take a moment to do what I can to dissuade anyone from staying at this dump of a hotel. You are likely looking at this place because you are a budget traveler looking for a deal. Look elsewhere, there are plenty of other places on this island in much much better locations. When traveling, there are certain requirements that I expect hotels to meet regardless of budget. Things like providing bath or hand soap so guests may shower after a long trip. I thought this was just an oversight, but when I asked the "front desk" (the table next to all the hanging laundry), I was told it was "my problem." That pretty much encapsulates my experience at this hotel. Other notables - the location is on a terrible dirt road that cabs are hesitant to go down, the room has a stove and sink, but no utensils or cookware making it pretty useless for travelers. I booked for two nights and left after the first. This place was a joke.
2 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
Jeff B

"Value for money"
Too far away from beach, price expansive compared to one closer to beach at St. 2.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Kana
"Hotel is far away from beach"
Hotel is deep inside residential area with terrible road to walk on. The road leads to the main road is terrible. The road is not maintain and there is no light along the road. Room is not clean. There are dusts and rubbish from the previous customer. Strongly not recommended!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
PH
"Top destination"
A good Place to stay,and Close to the Beach. Loved the bunk beds .
3 night trip Mar 17, 2014

3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2014
kavin
CN
"후기참고하세요"
일딴 여기 찾기너무힘듭니다 사전에 완벽하게위치를 파악하고가시거나 해야할꺼에요 저희는 트라이시클타고 한시간넘게헤맸습니다 현지사람들한테 위치 물어봐도 아는사람이없더라고요 참고하시기바랍니다 룸컨디션은가격 대비만족합니다 수압약합니다 참고 좋은여행되세요
1 night trip May 19, 2014
보라카이
KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Bambooze Hauz

"A budget friendly Station 1 accommodation"
01/13/15 blissful_wanderer Metro Manila, Philippines
We arrived before 8am (too early for check in) but we were already allowed by the caretakers inside since the rooms were already available then. The two adjacent rooms provided to accommodate all 8 of us (4 in each room) during a 3D2N stay were fairly neat. There was one bunk bed and one futon foam in each room. The bed sheets, blankets, and towels were clean. A refrigerator and television was set up in only one of the two rooms. I actually expected both rooms to have a ref and a TV but the caretaker told us they can only let us use one of each at that time. We were okay with that because we did not plan to spend most of our time in the hotel anyway. (Tip: If you will be getting more than one room and you're particular about having a TV set and a ref in each room, it is better to clarify this with the hotel prior to making a reservation). They gave us two portable Butane gas stoves and cooking utensils. This is a plus especially for groups like us that are on a budget. Since the hotel does not offer breakfast, you may just cook your own meal/s and save more for sightseeing or shopping. There is a sari-sari store near Bambooze that also sells fresh meat, vegetables, frozen, processed, canned goods, etc. If you happen to wake up early or have the time, you may ride a tricycle and go to their "Bagsakan Market" (walking distance away from the more famous D' Talipapa) where the prices are a bit cheaper. The bathrooms are small but would've not been a concern if not for the low water pressure during our stay. On our second day, we even have to borrow a pail so lining up for a bath will not take us a very long time. This may be common to the rooms on the second floor because there is a properly working faucet right below the stairs (near the garden beside the staff house). They have a wireless router but because most of us are on a data plan, I was not really particular about utilizing the free WiFi. I remember one of us was able to connect but he said that the connection was slow and was unavailable once you are back inside the room. The hotel is less than a 10-minute walk to the white beach. Just bring a flashlight with you if you plan to stay out late as the path going to and from the hotel is not cemented. There were intermittent rains when we were there and I noticed that the path gets flooded real quickly and can even be almost knee-deep at some point. The water subsides 15-20 minutes after the rain but be prepared as the road can get real muddy. (Floods during the rainy season have been common, not only around Bambooze's location, but also to other areas in the island. This may be caused by the lack of adequate drainage with the construction of newer hotels and other facilities). Ashley (the manager) was really patient in responding to all our queries before and after the deposit was paid. The caretakers were also nice and always did the best they can to assist us. (They even let us borrow their umbrellas when it started to rain). Overall, I do not regret picking Bambooze Hauz for our spontaneous Boracay adventure. I recommend staying here if you are on a tight budget but still want to be close to White Beach. The hotel itself is simple and it comes with basic amenities so if you have additional requests or inquiries before booking, it is best to ask right away so the right expectations are set.
"Would not recommend it"
11/16/14 Moly M
It is one of the cheaper places in boracay. Not like other travellers, I think the location is not so bad. I prefer the unpaved road that leads to the guesthouse to the main street, where you constantly have to take care of the noisy tricycles. Walking to the beach takes less than 10 minutes. The condition of the room was poor, loads of ants. The cooking option consists of a sink and a gas stove. You have to haggle for everything (TV, stove, ac). There was no WiFi and the staff was laughing at us when we asked for it. If you plan to sleep during the night this is no good place! There are about 10 roosters in the backyard that are hold for cockfighting I guess. The "rooster farm" is also run by the bambooze hauz and they start to scream at about 4 am.
"Awful, just awful. Be warned."
07/02/14 Vegard S Sandvika, Norway
Firstly, this place is a hazzle getting to. Nobody seems to know where it is. We had to ask at the tourist office. Even they didn't know. So they looked it up, and called to find out where. Once your close, you have to walk down some shady backstreets (read slum). Finally there, the staff was nice. Unfortunately that does not make up for the poor poor location (its a bit of a walk to the beach). The room is in poor shape. Ants crawling along the window / sink. Moth cocoons hanging around on the walls. The place was in general not clean. They also got a lot of cats on the property, making it a minefield for anyone with cat allergy. We stayed for 15 min before concluding that this was to crappy even for our backpacker budget standards.
"Bad location"
04/23/14 Zi Wei K
The hotel is located far deep inside residential area. It took us 5 minutes to walk to the main road. The road leads to the hotel is dark at night with dogs standing in the middle of road. At least lights should be set up if there is a hotel inside in my opinion. Room is clean for the bedding and floor but not the racks. Found dust and leftover rubbish on the racks and boards. Took us some time to clean with tissue before we unload our clothes. Other than location and cleanliness, others are ok. Staffs are friendly.
"Boracay, Station 1 - On a Budget"
02/24/14 Jinky G Makati, Philippines
I found Bamboozehaus on the internet while looking for a cheap place to stay in Boracay for me and my family during my son's birthday week. We didn't have a lot of budget on us so my main focus was to get an affordable accommodation and hopefully at a place where we can cook our own food. This place offers both. We were 3 adults and 1 little boy and we rented the room at 1,200 per night. The rate was not per person but per room. It had a double deck bed where the lower bunk can accommodate 2 people and an upper bunk for a single person or with a little kid. It was good enough for us. The bathroom was small but it works. We stayed for 4 nights. PROS: 1. They offer cheap accommodations and the rates are per room basis. The number of people to stay in the room, you can negotiate with them (at least on my experience, initially our group was supposed to be 4 adults and 2 kids and they were OK with all of us in one room). 2. You can cook inside the room. Just ask them because the gas tank isn't inside the room but will be taken there. They lent us plates, cups, a knife, a pot to cook, a pan, a kettle. Just be considerate to wash them upon returning the items. They also have a grill you can borrow for your barbecue. Also make sure the air-con is off when you cook. 3. The bed foams were not bad at all. They were comfortable enough for a good night's sleep. 4. There's a caretaker anytime inside the hut within the compound to ask help from. 5. Though it's in a residential area, there were stores that sell toilet essentials, a bakery, a big sari-sari store that also has frozen food, vegetables (in the morning), condiments, charcoal, etc. And the prices, since it is in a residential area, were not over the top, at most times, the same as when you are in Manila. 6. In the morning there's a stall along the interior street leading to Bamboozehaus that sell fresh whole dressed chickens and pork. I can't remember if there was fish. But we took advantage of the chicken indeed. I think we bought a whole one for only 150 or 160. CONS: 1. Location. It's off the main road and there's a little bit of walk from the main road to Bamboozehaus. If it's rainy, the small road from the main one leading to the place might be a little muddy. Also a bit dark, especially if it's already past 8pm. It's a residential area, the houses may have lights in them, but along the street, not so much. Bring flashlights. 2. If you're into pretty places or a hotel fan, it might not be up your ally. The room is simple and clean, yes. But there's a chance that you might be placed in one of the rooms at the back, like we were and you won't be liking the view. There's a swamp and small forest at the back. It doesn't smell, at least we weren't noticing any smell. It's just not a good view. 3. As there are many trees and I said some puddles and swamps, there are flying insects like mosquitoes. Best bring loads of OFF lotion and I even bought mosquito coils from the store outside. I think mosquitoes are everywhere even in Manila. 4. The TV and WIFI are not dependable. The TV, there's not a lot of selections and poor signal. If you expect to watch TV after a day at the beach, at least during our stay last year, might not be your place. Unless their connections' have improved. 5. No tables and chairs inside your room so if you'll be cooking and dining in, expect to do it on the floor, lotus-style seating. I am not sure if there were tables to borrow, we didn't ask. You should ask if ever. 6. There could be times (maybe in peak seasons) where the things that we can borrow from the caretakers like the plates, cups, the gas tank, pots, are in use by other guests. Just communicate with the caretakers if you'll be needing anything so that you'll know if you have to wait or not. 7. No potable water. There's a lot of stores within the area that sell mineral water. I wanted this review to be as honest and detailed as possible because a lot of people look for cheap accommodations in Boracay especially in Station 1, which is just a few. Sometimes people want cheap and yet expect Station 1-type comfort. Yes, Bamboozehaus is affordable in a Station 1 location but ensure the expectations are set. For me, I wanted affordable and a place where we can cook so we can save on eating out, it worked out for me and my family. We were there for the beach which my son really enjoyed. When we went back to our room, it was just to sleep. We cooked our meals and ate together, yes, on the floor which we also sometimes do in Manila, within our budget. The caretakers were willing to help with our requests as long as it is doable or possible. We made sure we have tons of OFF lotion and bought mosquito coils to burn to keep away mosquitoes during the day. We cleaned the room and washed the dishes after eating so we won't get ants or flies in. We ignored the swamp, as long as it stays where it is. The interior street leading up to it, doesn't seem dangerous or threatening, it was just a little dark but we managed. And the people living in the area, didn't looked at us funny or made us uncomfortable, maybe because we also didn't disturb them or weren't loud or act prissy. My son loved the beach (and the plane ride, boat ride, van ride and trike ride that came along with it) and it made the trip worth it.
"uncomfortable room"
12/06/13 kathrockz toronto
we got their around 2nd week of november 2013,we have a long ride and we didn't expect when we get to this hotel they don't have electricity due to the typhoon,ok we decided to stay to stay for two nights,since they said that they will give us discount not knowing when is the electricity will be back,the two nights is a nightmare no air is coming from the room with 100 degrees inside the room all window opens which is unsafe,still didn't help at all,when we check in,they said that they have a back up generator but they where two cheap to run the things,we only have small fun and one light working on the room,no a/c no tv ect.and they only run the generator at night and by that time you get up in the morning they turn off the generator means your sweating to death inside the room, no choice but to open the doors and window and still don't help which is unsafe at all,i don't think it is right to treat your guest like that at least keep the guest happy and comfortable.
"Great, friendly place."
08/08/13 checkyourbucket Busan, South Korea
It's off the main road, in an actual residential area, but not too far from the beach (finding it the first time was tricky). Everyone who worked there was very friendly and accommodating. It's terrific value for a room with AC, fridge, TV, etc. My TV didn't really work but I wasn't interested in watching it anyway. The Wi-Fi worked well. I'm glad I opted for Bambooze Hauz over a pricier place near the beachfront prone to more noise at night/early morning. Great place.
07/31/13 Alicia C
Don't be afraid of the location- it's a bit of a walk- but worth it. It was quiet (except for the roosters) & extremely clean. The staff was very accommodating- they lent us an umbrella. The bathroom is tiny but efficient. Everything worked. The room we stayed in had a double bed on the bottom & a bunk on the top. The room also had a mini-fridge, a/c & storage areas. A great simple place to stay.
"Намного хуже ожидаемого"
04/19/15 AlexWard17 Moscow, Russia
Трудно найти,никто не знает где находится этот отель! На письма не отвечали. Мы предупреждали что будем поздно + искали этот "отель", нас не встретили и сообщили что мол "уже спали и работаем мы до 10 вечера". Расположение так себе - остров вообще маленький. Номер никакой, без горячей воды wifi не во всех номерах... Мы бронировали на 1 ночь потом искали жилье сами на острове - предложений больше дешевле и лучше. Не оставайтесь тут на долго есть вероятность испортить отдых...
"Бюджетное проживание"
08/21/14 DenisBlag Благовещенск
Можно снимать комнату как посуточно, так и помесячно. Расположение - вблизи лошадиной фермы на 1 станции. Есть слабый генератор, хватает только на освещение. Если на Боракае вырубят свет (а это частое явление), кондиционера и вай-фай у вас не будет. В комнате есть газовая плитка, можно готовить. Ночью жутко орут жабы, утром собаки, все оставшееся время козы, петухи и прочая живность. Но это пустяки))