All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

2.6
    2.3
    2.6
    2.9
"Great locationg, good to sleep only...really."
If only to sleep, this is a great hotel. The location is wonderful. Now, it's located on a second floor (European first floor) and there's no elevator, so if you're traveling with heavy luggage get ready to work out. The room we had was small, enough for us though. No restroom in the room; shower and sink room -for the whole hotel- and separate from that one a toilet room so bring your pj to go to the restroom and then to the sink room at night. The weather was around 65-75 in the middle of May, I did see furnace but I didn't see any AC anywhere nor fans. This hotel is very near to the train station, the beautiful beautiful river where everyone seems to meet after work and Sats and Suns, a supermarket that's very convenient if you go on a small budget, the lake where you can take a ship just to have a scenic trip or to go to other small towns around Zurich, etc. Good for the price. If you're arriving Sat or Sun they will ask you via e-mail at what time you're getting there since there seems to be no reception people those days, but if you respond to the e-mail there will be someone to receive you and give you your room. Oh! I almost forgot: it's located above a table dance so I don't think it is for families, but it's nice for adults :) We slept like babies though. Their currency is Swiss Franchs; they'll take Euros but give you Franchs change. We took a train from Zurich to Milan...it goes through the Alps, it has the most breath taking views, I highly recommend it.
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Adriana
"Ehhhhhh"
The hotel is vey basic & in a good location. The strip club below caused a bit of noise distraction my first night. There is also zero reception area. My room fit my purpose well enough but I honestly would not return or recommend it. There are other hotels for the same price that offer a better atmosphere (and breakfast).
2 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
I liked it - it is simple but clean. Smack in the middle of the city and close to the bars and restaurants of the Niederdorf. Would use it again. Attention though: no reception av. before 11.00 and after 17.00 h. There was a sign with a phone number but nobody answered.. The doorbell did not produce a result either at first... Check with the ''Haifisch bar'' just next the entrance door of the Da Vinci :-)
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"hotel was not at all like the description said"
terrible, rude service. the hotel was located above a sketchy night club. it was basically very slight improvement over a hostel. i've stayed at many hostels during my backpacking trips, but had looked for and reserved a place that would be relaxing and comfortable for my business trip. this "hotel" was a huge disappointment. i actually walked out immediately and found another place. and was never refunded my payment.
3 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
Gopal
"A hotel to avoid"
They claim to be open from 10:30 am for several hours and again in the afternoon for several hours. If you arrive before that as we did at 9 am in the rain, the door is locked and you will have to wait outside in the rain as we did. There is one person in the office whose English is not great and that can lead to misunderstandings. We were on all-day tours and tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to contact them by phone. On the last day, our tour finished at 7 pm and we needed to leave for the airport. We had left a note under the office door on the previous day and were left a note in reply that morning that we could leave our belongings in the room. However, when we got to the room with our key, the room was occupied. Fortunately, someone was somehow checking in at the (normally locked) office where our luggage had been brought or we would never have had access to our luggage and left Zurich that evening for the airport. The room was small and slanty. A six-footer would bang his head when opening the window, which by the way tended to swing closed. The bathroom was separated from the room by a flimsy curtain. There was not a chair in the room to sit. The closet was small and there was no dresser. In short, amenities were non-existent. Our recommendation is to pay the difference in price for a real hotel and hotel room if you want to enjoy your stay.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Decent hotel in great location"
This is a decent and affordable hotel in what can be a very expensive city. The room was very spacious and over looked the river which was nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is that the hotel is located above a cabaret club and the thumping bass of the club's music can be heard all night.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
NoCuffChris
"Mixed emotions"
Our room was clean, spacious and adequate. We were welcomed by a very helpful young lady called Nina who even carried our heavy suitcases. That earns high marks. But the hotel is accessed through a blank (no glass or decent signage) side door to a night club, and occupies nine rooms on the second and third floors above the club. Looks very sleazy as you approach. Reception is only open from 10:30 am until 5:30 pm. Access is up a very long, steep stairway. There is no lobby or welcome area: the reception is in a small cramped office (complete with ironing board.) There is no elevator. No eating facilities. Probably suited to younger, fitter travelers.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
"great location within the city!"
This hotel is perfect for traveling cheap but with the most convenience. You cannot beat the location within the city. 5 minute walk from the train station and surrounded by shops and restaurants. However it is over a nightclub that stays open until 6am on Friday and Saturday nights, nothing some headphones cant drown out. The only negative to my stay was that my room was not cleaned once, even when we signaled on the door for it to be cleaned. Overall GREAT stay and you cannot beat the price
4 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2013

good but extremely difficult to find room even inside hotel
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
"Smallville"
We were on the top floor which seemed to be attic space. My husband is over 6 feet and the ceilings were 5 feet. He couldn't even stand. The shower was also small and short for him. If you are over 5 feet, pick a different hotel. It's also above a strip club, if you want that in your life, not I. Lots of stairs to climb as well.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Dawn
"Strongly NOR recommended"
- low ceilings in my room and also in the bathroom, you have to bend your back to move around the room or to take a shower in the bathroom at the last floor - yellow ants on my bad and all over the floor - as I was checking in I saw a note from a lady who showed up later complaining about the bad bugs, she cancelled the rest of the stay. - very non-flexible check-in hours - strip club is the first neighbor, lots of noise from that club - nothing is good about this place other than location, but I would definitely NOT stay there again
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"VERY DISAPPOINTING-"
I cannot believe I booked this 'hotel'. The term hotel does not apply this accommodation. The "reception" is packing cases stacked up and poked in between levels. The receptionist is very rude. The room is NOT deluxe. Very noise, next to a night club, from which the smoke filters up into your room. The bins are never emptied. There is nothing good to say about this place. Would not receommend this hotel to any one.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"good location but too noise"
There is a bar downstairs and it is too noise to sleep.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
David Yip
"Location"
Good location, in the centre of the city, the night club next door may not be for everybody.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"A 3-star rating hotel ?"
The only advantage of this hotel is the location, being within 2 tram-stops from the central station ; and there are many restaurants in close proximity . But it is the worst 3-star hotel I have ever stayed before in the past 30 years of traveling . It is on the 1st floor of an old building with no lift; I had to climb up 25 steps with my luggage when check-in and made strenuous effort to descend the steps with the heavy luggage when check-out. I stayed there for 2 nights but I could only meet the lady staff once,who seemed to be the one-woman-band of the hotel, on the day of check-in in the afternoon . Thereafter I could not see any staff when I returned at about 8pm everyday and departed the hotel at 9am. All guests were required to unlock the hotel main door by themselves when the sole staff was off duty. My room had no chair nor desk provided. Only 3 clothes hangers in the wardrobe . My shared toilet outside the room has no sink; there isn't one in my room; I had to go a distance to the bathroom to get water. The wood flooring of the public corridor squeaked whenever people passed by. All in all, I wonder why the Zurich standard of hotel star rating differs so much from that of other places.
2 night family trip May 15, 2014
bad service
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
yoram
"good location"
The hotel is near the train station, very convenient. Service was good.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Rooms are small but comfortable. Sorry but no lifts, so travel light.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
DT
"Easy Action"
Easy action location. Requested and received and early reservations. Fun neighborhood.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Friendly service, great location.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2014
"Nice hotel, central, above a strip bar"
It was a nice hotel, rooms seemed to have been recently kitted out and were clean, new furniture - all perfectly nice. Main points to be aware of (i) it on the top floor in the converted attic, therefore the ceilings are quite low, especially in the shower where i had to have a shower basically bent over and the shower head reached my chest and (ii) its a above a strip club that is open late - didnt really hear the noise when i went to sleep but could hear people and some music earlier in the evening.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014

"思った通り"
エキストラベッドを 頼んだが付いておらず、2人でクイーンサイズのベッドを横に使い狭い思いをして寝た。 二泊したが掃除やゴミ箱の片付けは当たり前のようにやっておらず、タオルも替えてなかった。 場所だけは観光地に近いため、そこだけよかった。
2 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"立地条件は良い。"
駅に近く歩いて10分の所の川沿いに位置し近くにはCoop、レストランも有り立地条件は良かったです。受付の若いお嬢さんの対応もよく私は気に入りました。ただ受付が3階に有りある時間(4時~5時)を過ぎると閉まります。エレベーターは無く重い荷物を持った人には大変かも!私の入った部屋は屋根裏を改装したみたいでした。スイスの物価を考えると、まあまあかな!
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Mitsuhisa
"OK"
einfach aber OK.
2 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Aud
DE
"Zentrales Hotel mit Stripclub Atmosphäre"
Die Lage mitten in Zürich ist perfekt für jeden der sich nicht zu lang im Zimmer aufhält. Das war sehr heiß, laut & nur beinahe sauber.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nie wieder"
Es ist kein Hotel sondern eine "selbstgebastelte " Pension ohne Personal. Auf meinem Zimmer gab es keine Handtücher und erst in einem nebenliegenden Nightclub habe ich jemanden gefunden der mir helfen konnte. Eine skurile Erfahrung . Nie wieder für diesen Preis! 3 tage später habe ich in einem sehr schönen 3 Sterne altstadt Hotel günstiger ünernachtet...
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
CH
"Evaluation hôtel Da Vinci"
L'hôtel est situé sur une rue très bruyante et le confort de la chambre (même junior suite!)est vraiment basique. Donc je ne recommanderai vraiment pas cet établissement!
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Super
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
FR
"Hotel bintang 3 kamar mandi diluar, hati-hati !"
Sangat disayangkan hotel bintang 3 ternyata kamar mandi nya terpisah di luar, service kalah dengan Accor Hotel, menjadikan kenyananan tamu yg menginap berkurang sekali, saya "tidak" akan memberikan rekomen kpd teman u.menginap disana,ini hotel yg jelek selama sy memesan dgn hotel.com
2 night trip Dec 30, 2014
MELAI SARI
ID
"安価ですが、少し使い勝手が悪いです"
街中にあって、トラムの駅も歩いて3分です。とても便利で安価ですが、以下の点から一般の旅行者には注意が必要です。まず、ホテルと言っても長期滞在用のアパートのような感じです。受付は10:30~14:30, 15:00~17:30しか人がいませんので、早朝や夜遅くの到着時には電話で呼び出す必要があります。私は幸い、受付時間内の出入りでした。また、トイレとシャワーは各階ごとに共同利用です。エレベータはなく、3階の受付まで、重たいスーツケースを持ち上げる必要があります。私はたまたま3階の部屋が割り当てられたので、それ以上の重労働はありませんでした。部屋の鍵は表に出る建物ドアの鍵も兼用しているため、持って出る必要がありました。受付のない時間は自分で表ドアを開ける必要があります。普通のホテルの感覚で行くと、思わぬトラブルになるかもしれません。但し、部屋は清潔でスタッフもにこやかでした。安価な宿をお探しなら、悪くはありません。
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Nonkeyおじさん
JP
"good location but loud and uncomfortable"
it was very good location near the Zurich main station but it was so loud because there was nightclub just below the hotel. The host doesn't care anything.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2014
최소영
Gehört zu Table Dance Lokal direkt nebenan. Keine Empfehlung
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
"Elendig!!!"
"Hotellet" er IKKE hva det utgir seg for å være! Anbefales ikke!!!
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2014
Magnus
"附近很熱鬧"
雖然離中央車站有點距離.房間有點味道,但飯店附近充滿餐廳.商店還有超市,很方便
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2014
Bigi
TW
"katastrofe"
Da Vinchy er slet ikke noget hotel !!! Det er 5 billige værelser ovenpå en lidt suspekt natklub. Man føler sig komplet taget ved næsen og bliver der kun for at overnatte, hvis man virkelig er presset. Det eneste positive var at det var rimelig rent. Det er næsten umulig at finde, da der kun er et lillebitte navneskilt uden på en sort dør. Personalet var heller ikke til at finde...??? Man kunne så bare ønske at man slet ikke havde fundet det. Priserne er på almindeligt hotelniveau så det er komplet til grin. Hold jer væk!!
1 night trip Mar 4, 2014
DK
"Kurz Info in Zürich"
Ohne Stiel nur Bett und Fernsehen kein Waschbecken auf dem Zimmer
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Herbert
DE
"Einfaches Hotel mitten in Zürich"
Ein einfaches Hotel zu einem akzeptablen Preis mitten in Zürich. Neu eingerichtet, anscheinend. Die Dusche ("shared facility") war sauber, auch die Toilette. Service war nicht zu erwarten, gab es auch nicht. Antennenkabel war defekt für den TV, mit etwas Hinnesteln ging es dann leidlich. WLAN gab es auch.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
DE
"Musik bis 4 Uhr Morgens"
Hotel befindet sich direkt neben einem Table Dance - weshalb man Musik und dessen Bass bis 4 Uhr morgens MINDESTENS hört - ohne Schlaftabletten keine Chance. Gruss
4 night business trip Dec 2, 2013
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Da Vinci

"No good "
07/18/15 Trevor D
Good location but not a good place to stay. No airconditioning and no lift. Reception has very limited open times. No electric jug and the TV didn't work. There was no signal. Clean ensuite. Stay away.
"Expensive and not at all worth it!!"
04/26/15 ANUJ1988
I booked a nights stay considering its central location, but it was a poor experience... No lift-we had to carry all our luggage. The reception timing is 11 am to 5 pm. There is a disco on its ground floor, which adds to the noise from the traffic. The location also was a bit creepy. Shower was broken. Overall a poor experience.
"Great location, pity about the throbbing base from the GoGo bar downstairs!"
04/14/15 Stantonfella St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Zurich is an expensive city, so when I found The Da Vinci on line I thought €115 a reasonable price for a central location even though it was a single room without en-suite. I arrived at 19:00 to find the ordinary looking front door (located next to a cabaret/strip club) locked. I called the number printed on the door and worryingly the receptionist popped his head out of the adjacent cabaret club entrance to let me in. My room, although sizeable was hot and without air on and had a sizeable open window which led to the communal fire escape. I did feel a bit uncomfortable leaving it open but the heat of the room forced me to be less security conscious. The fridge, stocked with a few supplies was not plugged in and had that rank musty long dead smell, but the piece de la resistance of my forgettable experience in The Da Vinci was the throbbing base of the music from downstairs which kept its tempo until I fell asleep at 3am. Perhaps because I was tired and irritable and couldn't find a loo in the middle of the night (no loo on our floor) but got the feeling I wasn't alone in my bed and scratched myself raw even though I found no evidence of little critters. The capsule-like communal shower on our floor was adequate and warm but if you are going to ask guests to walk through public areas to get to the shower room then perhaps provide hooks behind the door or at least a stool to leave clothes/towels unless of course it's ok to walk around naked. Lastly, a knock on the door late in the night by what looked like one of downstairs Gogo girls, although tempting, and even with an apology of "sorry wrong room" was transparent even to a abstemious Christian married man like myself! Experience not to be repeated!
"Hotel can spoiled the holiday"
03/16/15 Михаил В
The hotel shares a house with a brothel. All night screaming music, sleep is not possible. The most horrifying thing - bed bugs in the mattress! Hotel owners refused to deal with our problems and to avoid contact. When I showed the bug administrator, she said, "I was hoping that they had already taken." First impression of the hotel spoiled the holiday. Be careful! ((((
"Small room but clean"
02/24/15 Remus P
I was staying at this hotel for one night. The room space is not suitable for families with kids, but it's just ok for couples or singles. I choosed to stay in the room with private bathroom. The sheets and towels were clean, also the bathroom. The noise from the ground floor night bar was not so loud as I was expected to be, the only bothering noise was the one made by other guests using the shared bathroom. I find the price to be too high for such a room, but this is Zurich.
"Great location!"
12/27/14 Stacey M
This hotel is in a great location (close to the train station, historical sights, and restaurants) for a couple of young tourists who want to explore the city. I booked using agoda and the receptionist was very pleasant. The room was much nicer than the pictures and everything was clean. The bed was SUPER comfortable and unfortunately begged me to sleep in. Though Zurich is expensive, this hotel was in our price range.
"Larger Room (suite) sleeps 4"
06/04/14 88_elwood_88 Hong Kong, China
I would have given a 3 star rating, but considering what I had to pay, I thought 2 stars more appropriate. I booked this room quite late when I was tired the night before and missed some important points before making the booking. The larger room can actually sleep 2 adults and 2 young children. I mistakenly booked a second room when the online booking system just added it and it was not really needed. It was not made clear at all the we could have all slept in the larger room. Secondly, this hotel is located above a cabaret club aka strip club. So the noise came through the wood flooring and so too did the street noise if you leave the window open. Thirdly, for the smaller rooms you will be sharing a communal toilet and shower. Lastly, the wifi only worked for one device until the morning, when other devices could connect. Some families may not mind this, but it is not what I would expect paying around 300USD per night for the 2 rooms. So, you may get a different rate to me, but just consider the above points too. The only redeeming feature may be the location or proximity to the Zurich main station.
"Great, quirky place to stay in the heart of the city!"
11/18/13 JackieW1955 Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Great place, funky purple bedroom. Clean and roomy! Only stayed for one night, but loved the experience. Traffic noise the only disadvantage. Next to a sex shop and a restaurant called the Korma Sutra! So lots of interesting things in the area. Just a short walk to the old town and 20m from the river.
"Probably could have got better elsewhere"
10/06/13 forgetmenotxoxo Bangor, United Kingdom
Yes as commented by another reviewer this hotel is right above a strip club, however if it hadnt of been for this we probably wouldnt have found the tiny doorway. The room was clean, bed comfortable, room was small but we were only in Zurich for a night so we really only needed a place to put our heads down which it was adequate for. Bathroom and toilet was shared which wasnt great but seems to be the way in a lot of the cheaper hotels in Zurich. On the upside its pretty central in a busy part of town with a good night life and within walking distance of the train station.
"What a location!!"
09/06/13 MN6
Hotel is above a strip club and next to a sex shop! Breakfast in the cafe next to it was expensive, but nothing special! The room was clean, but because of the bar it was very noisy! Not to recommend if you need your sleep:-)