All hotels in Gorey, Ireland
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereOld Wexford Road, Gorey, Wexford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Had a nice stay in a lovely spacious room and ate fab food at the bar however I felt .....too many young children running about public areas as they pleased with no shoes on and teenagers running wild in swimming pool and getting in jacuzzi under age (so not so relaxing)no life guard just guy on desk doing 2 jobs!! pool was to small long and thin so appears crowded Deposits required for towels at pool, payment for rooms requested on arrival and I witnessed another guest as he left the bar questioned over a a bill he had to explain that his family were still eating...all this suggests to me that the hotel may be used to having regular visitors whom may be fond of not paying bills and taking towels!!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
the staff were what i expected in the hotel,excellent,,and always with ah smile
Other trip Jun 19, 2014

"late checkout"
we really enjoyed our stay they even gave us a late checkout no extra charge?
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"High Standart"
+1 all was perfect
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Tomas
"Family Friendly"
Went for 2 nights with my partner and son who is almost 2. Plenty of things to do within the hotel for children. He loved it and made it very enjoyable for us. Will definitely be back again.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Katie
"Excellent Hotel"
We had a one night stay and really enjoyed. Everything was top class. Very good value, good food, very friendly staff and very comfortable staff.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Nice hotel but nosiy"
Hotel is nice, staff are very friendly however our room was beside elevators and there was a vent outside our window which kept us awake most the night. No towels in our room either had to ring down for that. This wouldn't put me off staying again it just was irritating leaving more tired than when we arrived because of the noise. Overall pleasant atmosphere in the hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"GREAT MIDTERM BREAK"
I BOOKED THIS FOR MY NIECE AND HER DAUGHTER (WHO IS 4 YEARS OLD). THEY STAYED FOR 2 NIGHTS AND HAVE BEEN SINGING YOUR PRAISES EVER SINCE. THERE IS SO MUCH AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN THAT THIS MADE THEIR STAY EXTRA ENJOYABLE.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Deirdre
"loved it"
I was there for my nieces wedding beautiful hotel staff very friendly food was delicious hotel spotless clean would definitely stay again
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
gerard
"Family trip"
Fabulous hotel great for the kids. Great food staff very friendly and helpful. Very clean throughout. Pools a great size.Just one complaint evening Kids club leaders seemed a bit disinterested and didn't seem to interact with kids enough which is ok for older kids but not for the over 5 under 7. Already planning our next stay.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"amber"
Nice enough hotel.Good facilities. Pool kids adventure.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"pricey"
nice hotel very expensive stay for room had no choice but to book as was attending a wedding, would not have booked at price otherwise
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Ian
"Service the worse ever"
We had really bad services at the hotel, our booking for dinner was not relayed by reception to the restaurant so when we arrived at 7 to no table. Our party of 6 had a birthday and an anniversary, we were eventually given a table at 7.45 and it took until 10 o clock to have dinner, the service was appalling.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Marie
"residence bar"
Didnt think it was ideal to have no residence bar,closed at 1am fri and sat,food and drink a little pricey but overall its a quality hotel!!
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
james
"Service is very bad"
We had a lovely stay but the service was probably the worse we ever had, the restaurant service was so bad it took 3hours to have a three course meal they were so short staffed.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Marie
"Amber springs gold"
Great welcome great service great room. Will come again
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Basil
Lovely hotel though the reason we stayed was for my daughters eight birthday. We were very misleaded as there was no kids clubs on even though it stated "every day" and the outside facilities were not running Eg. Go-karting crazy golf and football. The hotel had spare golf sticks and so on but instead of just giving us them they contacted the person in charge just to come down on his day off was a bit too much they could have just solved the situation on front desk.. I would stay again but in the right season so that our money is is best spent..
2 night family trip Feb 9, 2014
Isabelle
"Great stay ! Needs tea !"
Not sure if it was an oversight but the only bad thing was no tea making facilities in the room. Everything else perfect ! Staff were very friendly and breakfast was delicious ! Would recommend !
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
"superb"
Great hotel. Great stay. Can't Fault it. Everyone so helpful and friendly. Great food.
5 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
Craig
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2015
Anne
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa

"Family friendly hotel"
05/19/15 t m drogheda
Spent a couple of days here recently with wife and 4 year old daughter. Hotel is very much geared to families with kids, there is an abundance of activities to entertain kids, from pet farm, crazy golf, train, go-kart track, indoor play centre along with swimming pool. Couldn't fault hotel for being kid friendly, little one thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have young kids, they'll love it! Wouldn't rush back if I didn't have kids though!!
"Disappointing "
05/19/15 Staoja
Stayed here for one night as a treat for my son. Booked 2 interconnecting rooms and they were fine, basic but clean although towels in bathroom were stained and grubby looking. We had booked table for 8.30 and we were all very disappointed in the restaurant, both in terms of food and service. We given a table just outside kitchen and breakfast area. Terrible location, felt there should never have been a table there in the first place as we were made to feel we were in the way of staff who constantly and vey loudly moved tables, chairs etc and set up for breakfast before we had even been given our meals. Food was just about passable apart from the potatoes and veg which looked and tasted like they had been left for hours and then barely reheated. My husbands apple crumble was a cheap frozen dessert which was not nice at all. My beef was grisly and not very pleasant despite having to pay a supplement. My daughters both had the risotto which they enjoyed. We nearly missed breakfast due to being told at check in that it was available until 11 when in fact it Finished at 10.30. The night was a treat for my son and I felt very disappointed with the experience. The only high point was the fantastic waitress at dinner who was lovely, friendly, helpful and chatted away to my son who loved the attention. Would not return here.
"Lovely stay"
05/17/15 Lauralouxx
Stay was fab Value for money completely Staff accommodating and welcoming Breakfast was tasty and all so fresh. Smoked salmon was great too see and I had this both mornings Loved the yogurts and small potted jams as they are locally produced. This is great too see. The biscuits supplied with the coffees are divine and when i asked what biscuits they were. I was delighted to hear they are made in house by the chief..... Brilliantttttttt. Room was big and spacious. Nice to see bottled water supplied Pool and steam room fabulous. Sooo clean and well maintained. Negitive - Something wrong with the radiator on the wall in the bathroom..... continously making noise. Brought it to the receptions attention when leaving and wud sort it for the next guest. We put up with it as wanted a lazy day Wanted to watch on movie on rte2 but this was the only station the the telly that wasnt working..... bummer!!! Wall dirty...... when lying on the bed could clearly see spill marks on the wall. Other then this a great stay and would visit again
"great wedding stay. would recommend for both a stay and a wedding"
05/11/15 hellrazor007 Dublin. Ireland
was here just over a week ago for a wedding for 2 friends of mine. It was easy to get lost in the hotel as it is huge but i will excuse that. we had to head in the back door as it was absolutely lashing rain (you would think the hotel would have the sun turned on......only joking) anyway we were greeted by a very friendly lady on reception, I could see the staff were up to their eyes with everyone checking in but they didnt let that get to them and they were very friendly and courteous. the room itself was huge with a comfortable bed but I wasnt in it very much given it was a wedding. shower the next morning was nice though. now in between. Wedding itself, bar staff very friendly, quick to serve everyone despite it being busy, there was times i was waiting 5 minutes but when 180 people are there what do you expect. The toilets were extremely well maintained and despite the amount of people there the room we were in initially had plenty of space for people to get around. As for the main room well it is bloody gigantic! well spaced out, the timing of every meal was spot on and they kept the drinks and wine flowing. Again very friendly staff. I think the co ordinator/ manager got on the microphone before the meal saying the hotel were basically going to do whatever it was they could to make it a great day (at this stage the alcohol is kicking in but i think thats what I heard) but they werent wrong. Every member of staff is really polite and friendly. the meal itself was huge and was fantastic, everything just went so well. I am getting married myself soon so I do tend to notice what hotels do for weddings and I pick things up here and there so if you do want to book this hotel for your wedding I personally think you wont go wrong. Night went off brilliantly and I dragged my sorry head down to breakfast for a buffet which went down well and had plenty to choose from. As I said earlier the one thing that went wrong was the weather, it honestly NEVER stopped raining, the reason I want to mention this as i said earlier to point out if your wedding is here there are still many photographic opportunities inside the hotel (the stairs in particular are stunning). It is a very bright and spacious hotel so it caters for everything so well. there was also a bridge outside ideal for some great photos, once again the weather did its best to ruin that but we eventually got some terrific photos outside at 530am and it just went to show not only was it a great day but that this is a great location for a wedding. (there are some grounds around the hotel that looked nice from the inside but I didnt really look due to he weather, it looked great though) an easy 5 stars.
"Is there a staff shortage?"
05/09/15 Wexman72 Wexford
We were at a wedding reception here recently and had booked to stay overnight. It was close to 4.30 p.m. by the time we actually got to the hotel after the wedding itself and tried to check in, but we were told our room wasn't ready. Several other people who were there for the wedding were told the same thing too. It was between 5 and 5.30 p.m. before they started sending word out to people that rooms were ready now and that they could go up if they wanted to. That's a ridiculously late time before you're allowed even go to a room that was booked months before and it just makes you wonder if there's not enough staff to make sure all rooms are ready by the time guests expect them and are entitled to them. Then, down in the bar where they put the wedding crowd, there was a so-called barman who was obviously on his first day in the job as he struggled with just about everything. I know evverybody has to start soemwhere but surely he could have started on a quiet Tuesday night or something instead of being put on duty at a wedding reception. Then on the Sunday morning, at the breakfast, there was a large part of the dining room not set at all. But the tables there should have been set because pepole had to queue to wait for a table when things were busy. You had to wonder again was it because they didn't have enough staff on to look after the crowd. Finally, checking out at around 12 p.m., there was just one person on duty on the front desk. Again this meant a long queue of people having to wait to be served. Why weren't there more people on the desk at the peak busy check-out time? Overall it was a really bad first impression and a bad last impression too. Everything in between was grand but checking in and checking out were the problems!
"Emma is such an amazing ambassador"
05/04/15 jconnie444 Dublin, Ireland
My family stayed at the hotel for two nights for a mini break. Alison in reservations made our booking and was my first point of contact and she was so kind and professional. From the moment we checked in we had the pleasure of meeting Emma, who in my opinion, is a first class ambassador for the hotel. Emma was so courteous, professional and her interpersonal skills will take her very far in life. She is wonderful. Emma was equally as courteous and attentive to children and adults alike and my daughter decided that Emma 'is the best'. Thank you so much Emma. We look forward to meeting you next time we visit.
"Good stay"
04/29/15 Ian R
Had a really nice stay in the hotel, was staying for a month and really enjoyed my stay, really clean and well looked after by all staff especially Julie in the bar. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"ONE OF THE BEST"
04/28/15 R F Dublin, Ireland
This hotel is one of the best hotels my partner and I have stayed in. We had a lovely warm welcoming from dawn on the front desk who was very friendly. We had our 1 year old with us and the facilities there were PERFECT for kids.. Indoor soft play area.. Outdoor playground.. Some farm animals on the grounds, swimming pool and lots more. We had great value for money, the food was delicious and fresh we were served by Lisa and Gyuri from the restaurant, they were lovely people very friendly and professional, recommended to us what great things there are to do in the hotel.. The staff made our stay even more enjoyable! The rooms were spotless, beds are comfortable,I really can't put a fault on this place, It's very hard to find a hotel that ticks all the boxes and I know this from working in the industry and also travelling a lot.. And this by far is our favourite, we will definitely be back.. Thank you so much for a great family weekend away!
"Out of control children running amok"
04/28/15 EmilyHessionSacke Ireland
This is a nice hotel, and Gorey is a great town, lovely shopping and friendly people. Alas, my stay was marred by the unruly children allowed to run amok by parents and staff alike. Don't get me wrong, I like children but surely am not alone in thinking that some manners wouldn't go astray. I can't really blame the hotel I suppose for lazy parenting, but it spoiled the ambiance of the place.
"July"
04/21/15 Elanna V Blackrock, Louth, Ireland
lovely hotel ! plesent staff! especially Julie behind the front bar she is an absolute gem and made us feel very comfortable :).........................................,,...............................................,............ .......... ..........