All hotels in Gorey, Ireland
Old Wexford Road, Gorey, Wexford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great kid-friendly hotel!"
Best family hotel We've ever stayed in. Lots of fun things for our kid to do. The food was good, so my wife and I enjoyed ourselves, and the room was plenty big so our whole family could enjoy ourselves. I wish every hotel was as kid-friendly!
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Jacob
Had a nice stay in a lovely spacious room and ate fab food at the bar however I felt .....too many young children running about public areas as they pleased with no shoes on and teenagers running wild in swimming pool and getting in jacuzzi under age (so not so relaxing)no life guard just guy on desk doing 2 jobs!! pool was to small long and thin so appears crowded Deposits required for towels at pool, payment for rooms requested on arrival and I witnessed another guest as he left the bar questioned over a a bill he had to explain that his family were still eating...all this suggests to me that the hotel may be used to having regular visitors whom may be fond of not paying bills and taking towels!!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
the staff were what i expected in the hotel,excellent,,and always with ah smile
Other trip Jun 19, 2014

"Worsed hotel I ever stayed in"
Ur hotel is a kip
1 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Damien
"great place food grand and reasonable"
Was both disappointed due to not many facilties was available to enjoy at time of stay Was a very quiet affair to be honest and we both been many times before
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
robert
We had a wonderful week at Amber Springs and found the Hotel immaculate the breakfast was always hot and fresh with a great variety.The bar meals were excellent and the Staff in all areas were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay in this Hotel again
7 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Matthew
"Could be better"
Nice hotel. Service is awful, Bqq bar staff and food ordering is a joke nobody comes to take your order and chef makes good food but some days food is better than others. Also orders when taken came to the table wrong each of the three times we ate there. Also breakfast on a Monday morning was a disgrace all bread and croissants were stale and the milk for cereal was sour, I pointed this out to staff and they changed the milk not the bread. On the plus side their is a lot for kids to do in this hotel but my advice is dont have your meals there as they are rubbish and not cheap in today's standards.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
Damien
"Family friendly hotel"
Fantastic hotel for young families brilliant facilities plenty for our 3 year old to do we could have stayed 2 weeks and not been bored
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Shotr Break"
restful & relaxing
3 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Stephen
"late checkout"
we really enjoyed our stay they even gave us a late checkout no extra charge?
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"lovely hotel within 10 minutes walking from shops"
stayed at amber springs for 2 nights, attended a wedding reception at hotel of which i can say was one of the best my wife and i have ever attended. the staff were very professional and polite and made it a great day.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
anthony
"High Standart"
+1 all was perfect
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Tomas
"Family Friendly"
Went for 2 nights with my partner and son who is almost 2. Plenty of things to do within the hotel for children. He loved it and made it very enjoyable for us. Will definitely be back again.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Katie
"Excellent Hotel"
We had a one night stay and really enjoyed. Everything was top class. Very good value, good food, very friendly staff and very comfortable staff.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Nice hotel but nosiy"
Hotel is nice, staff are very friendly however our room was beside elevators and there was a vent outside our window which kept us awake most the night. No towels in our room either had to ring down for that. This wouldn't put me off staying again it just was irritating leaving more tired than when we arrived because of the noise. Overall pleasant atmosphere in the hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"GREAT MIDTERM BREAK"
I BOOKED THIS FOR MY NIECE AND HER DAUGHTER (WHO IS 4 YEARS OLD). THEY STAYED FOR 2 NIGHTS AND HAVE BEEN SINGING YOUR PRAISES EVER SINCE. THERE IS SO MUCH AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN THAT THIS MADE THEIR STAY EXTRA ENJOYABLE.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Deirdre
"loved it"
I was there for my nieces wedding beautiful hotel staff very friendly food was delicious hotel spotless clean would definitely stay again
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
gerard
"Family trip"
Fabulous hotel great for the kids. Great food staff very friendly and helpful. Very clean throughout. Pools a great size.Just one complaint evening Kids club leaders seemed a bit disinterested and didn't seem to interact with kids enough which is ok for older kids but not for the over 5 under 7. Already planning our next stay.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"amber"
Nice enough hotel.Good facilities. Pool kids adventure.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"pricey"
nice hotel very expensive stay for room had no choice but to book as was attending a wedding, would not have booked at price otherwise
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Ian
"Service the worse ever"
We had really bad services at the hotel, our booking for dinner was not relayed by reception to the restaurant so when we arrived at 7 to no table. Our party of 6 had a birthday and an anniversary, we were eventually given a table at 7.45 and it took until 10 o clock to have dinner, the service was appalling.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Marie
"residence bar"
Didnt think it was ideal to have no residence bar,closed at 1am fri and sat,food and drink a little pricey but overall its a quality hotel!!
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
james
"Service is very bad"
We had a lovely stay but the service was probably the worse we ever had, the restaurant service was so bad it took 3hours to have a three course meal they were so short staffed.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Marie
"Amber springs gold"
Great welcome great service great room. Will come again
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Basil
Lovely hotel though the reason we stayed was for my daughters eight birthday. We were very misleaded as there was no kids clubs on even though it stated "every day" and the outside facilities were not running Eg. Go-karting crazy golf and football. The hotel had spare golf sticks and so on but instead of just giving us them they contacted the person in charge just to come down on his day off was a bit too much they could have just solved the situation on front desk.. I would stay again but in the right season so that our money is is best spent..
2 night family trip Feb 9, 2014
Isabelle
"Great stay ! Needs tea !"
Not sure if it was an oversight but the only bad thing was no tea making facilities in the room. Everything else perfect ! Staff were very friendly and breakfast was delicious ! Would recommend !
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
"superb"
Great hotel. Great stay. Can't Fault it. Everyone so helpful and friendly. Great food.
5 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa

"Amazing!!!"
02/03/16 kelly M Dublin, Ireland
Well it books out months in advance for a reason!! We had booked this last May to stay last October bank holiday. By the time we went to stay in the hotel we had just recently got in engaged so decided to meet with the wedding co-ordinator. The room was just outstanding we had breakfast lunch and dinner there so we knew exactly how each meal was and I would not rate it any less than a 5 star meal. Our bedroom was beautiful and the amenities for the kids no hotel could compare to it! We left the hotel in awe of it but did not want to jump at the first hotel we had seen for our wedding but now a few months later after been to see a good few hotels with either prices the same or higher than the amber springs hotel, none of them can match it at all for me. I keep looking up other hotels but falling back on this one so I know where my heart is. I think it was the friendliness of the wedding coordinator too that just makes you feel so welcome. We have even convinced a few of our friends with their children to go back down for a few days in June. We are too excited to go to the wedding fair next week, and hopefully get the date that we want for our wedding, the packages they have available for the weddings are amazing too, you too could live a champagne life style on a lemonade budget :)
"😏"
02/01/16 Trisha G
Ok so this was our 3rd time to stay here only because we complained the last 2 times we were there so we got a good deal and up graded to a family room! So basically we were out of the way from the noise! Great hotel for kids so safe, & staff are excellent but unfortunately the adults that don't have kids with them ruin it for everyone. It's such a shame as the kids love it! Between smoke alarms going off in the middle of the night! Wedding party's killing each other on the front lawn and just general noise at night, there has to be better hotels around Ireland that cater for kids like that and are restricted to noise at a certain time. I'm done with it now never again 😏
"Don't expect to get any sleep!!!"
02/01/16 Vick13112012 County Wicklow, Ireland
The staff and facilities are brilliant. Everyone was so friendly but the beds were so uncomfortable!!!!! the duvet and pillows were terrible and very hard and bed was worse.. we couldn't sleep in the bed it was so uncomfortable and to top it off there was a drunkin idiot kicking the door down next to us which woke our daughter. We didn't get a wink of sleep and we left the hotel exhausted and we went home to bed for the day. I feel sorry for the staff because they are very helpful and friendly but new beds are needed badly. We complained as we left and they lady said if we were staying again to contact her directly and she would do something for us but really they should of provided something before we left if they were going to give anything not that we were expecting anything from them!
"Not bad "
02/01/16
Stayed at the Amber Springs for one night. The room was nice, staff helpful. The meal was good value for money with plenty of variety. However the leisure facilities left a lot to be desired, overcrowded with outside parent and child swimming groups.
"Not a wink of sleep"
01/31/16 coaxy32 Clonmel, Ireland
Booked into hotel for 3 nights Thurs, Fri, Sat, Biggest mistake i ever made, On the friday night there was a wedding in the hotel witch we were not a part of , as we were in town for the national powerlifting comp, trained for six months for this and ruined in two nights, On the friday night from 1 0`clock in the morning till nearly 5 it was a constant prosession of drunks banging on doors and shouting and screaming in the corridors of our floor witch was 3rd floor but could be herd on the first as well, numerious complaints to managment on sat morning and gaurenteed it would not happen again, low and behold sat night same again, COMPLAINED TO MANAGMENT again on checkout and got the formal statment ,SORRY BUT WE DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP THE NOISE DOWN, Not good enough
"Extremly disappointed"
01/28/16 selinapoppy Dublin, Ireland
Purchased a night stay for 2 people on escapes.ie Really lovely friendly & helpfull woman at the desk checked us in just after lunch time. When we got to our room there was a breakfast tray left outside still from the room next door from that morning which was STILL there the afternoon of the following day,even tho house keeping had been cleaning some rooms on the floor and left it there - not pleasent to see left over food still there over 24hrs later. Toilet in the room didnt work properly it wouldnt fully flush and tge systerine constantly made noise of water filling which was annoying in the quiet of the night. Bed was really comfortable but sheets had a strong smell of bleach from them. At dinner we had to go find someone to come take our order as the person that seated us didnt come back, our food came (was a choice from a different menu as dinner was included in offer) which was nice, but noone came back over to see if everything was ok or we needed drinks etc? I had to go up to the bar to order a drink for with dinner and i asked the barman if we just ordered at the bar instead? To which he responed "no ask the floor staff" even tho there was no floor staff to be seen after finishing dinner our plates were at the edge of the table for a further 30mins before someone came and took them away. When the lady asked was it all ok we told her how we had been just left etc and she appologised and came back to tell us the reason noone came over was because the person that was covering our table had finished his shift and gone!! We tried to get a treatment done and they only had 40 min slot free which we couldnt have 20mins slot each as the treatment took 25mins each. So if you want something done prebook. Extremly disappointed in our stay and i was very embarrassed too as it was a christmas present to my mam.
"A fantastic wedding!!"
01/25/16 887orla Wexford, Ireland
Myself and some of my work colleagues stayed in this hotel recently for our friends wedding in Dec. The hotel was so close to Dublin that it was ideal and it was also our first visit so a nice treat , after xmas. The lobby was extremely crowed when we arrived with so many children , but it was Christmas so not to worry. Checked in with Emma, who was very nice and helpful , even tough we did wreck her head about wanting to be all close to each others rooms, but she was lovely and laughed away with us. Anyway off to the room, nice and clean so what more do you want. Next stop the wedding reception, WOW WOW WOW, this was amazing, this was 5 star, beautiful private reception area with the full monty for Christmas with tree, lights the lots, gorgeous. The room for the meal was outstanding, O my God, I said when we all walked in, Hollywood stuff, incredible. The staff looked fantastic, immaculate presentation, and so professional, beautiful. The manager was exactly to match the room, yes definitely , we all agreed, Gorgeous! Anyway.. Give credit where its due. The meal was so lovely, fast service and lots of it. We have to complement the chefs of this hotel , the food was 5 star restaurant standard in Dublin. We were so impressed and believe me, five women can be hard to please, but we sure were. All in all we absolutely loved it. P.S. , Is the manager single by any chance?? On behalf of a group of single women!
"Overnight stay"
01/25/16 Martina S Dublin, Ireland
We were very warmly greeted by the lovely Dawn on our arrival. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was spacious, clean and airy. Plenty of families staying with young children so for those who like a quiet drink theres an adults only lounge. Breakfast was really lovely with a wide variety of cereals, hot cooked food and breads. Fantastic facilities for the kids at the rear of the hotel from animals to.play areas even a football pitch. So looking forward to our daughters wedding there next year. Thanks guys.
"Wow"
01/23/16 Anthony N
Was here for New Year's Eve what can I say it was amazing. Check in Amazing rooms clean and spacious. All staff were smiling and very helpful. My kids loved the kids club pool was beautiful. Everything you need for a family vacation. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends there is so much to do for the kids in side and outside. There is a really great pizza place out the back called Farina all hand thrown authentic wood fired pizza they are absolutely delicious. We also ate in the bar the standard of food was really good and the service was great.
"Lies from natmax2000"
01/14/16 pixie_baby08
I go here for Christmas train and New Years past few years First of all from reading on of your other people's complaints my guide dog did not wee in the corridor The lady in question that her son pushed my daughter down the stairs didn't listen to her son when he kept saying mammy I need to go to the toilet and went So saying you saw my assistance dog from Irish guide dogs do it is a lie when it can be checked out on cctv Again drunk people not looking after there children and then screaming awful stuff as I tryed my best to approach my bedroom I had to walk away and ask for management help It's a family hotel and really so adults there forgotten about that Fabulous room and fabulous staff as always lovely food Fantastic fireworks Unfortunate that my little girl ended up hurt having ice packs and having to see doctors over the situation (( where the person has said my assistance dog from Irish guide dogs for the blind wee in the corridors it never happened she is highly trained and would never do that I would like that noted in your response to her as it can be proven cctv))) Natmax2000 is the name of the other person