All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
278-280 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, England, SW1V 1BB, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.3
"Nice and close to the subway and rail service"
The pictures online are very deceiving. Our room (#9) sure didn't look near as nice as the ones shown on hotel.com. No place on their website do they say there is no elevator. Our room was on the 3rd floor and all these windy stairs to haul suitcases up was a pain. It would have been nice to know this ahead of time. Might not have booked this hotel.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
The hotel is a dump.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Hotel Review Victoria Station Hotel"
The location was great, because it was a 5 minute walk from Victoria Station. UI was in Room 14, which looked out onto a back alley. The windows opened which I liked, for some fresh air. The free wireless worked perfectly in that room. I was only there for 1 night, but I had to carry all my valuable around London with me, which was not convenient. The TV did not work. The front desk staff tried to be helpful. I got to the hotel at 9am and my check in time was 2pm. They had a room cleaned for me within 10 minutes and let me check in, which I thought was very nice.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014

"Not for business"
The hotel was fine for an emergency stay over. Not really suitable for business. Bedding was clean
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you very much for your feedback, it is priceless for us in order to understand what we have to improve. I am really sorry to hear your disappointment about our hotel and that your experience wasn't that good this time. Please accept my sincere apology. Our goals is to provide the best service ever and make sure every single guest leaves smiling. Once again thank you for your comments and for have stayed with us. We hope to see you in the future to achieve our goals. Kind Regards, Javed Shaikh (General Manager)
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Victoria Stayion Hotel Experience"
Very small rooms. Old. Not rustic. Good enough to check in, sleep and travel on. Very very close to Victoria Station. Good proximity to food and manditory purchases for travel.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on this platform, it is priceless for us in order to see what we have to improve. We are happy to acknowledge you satisfaction about our location and amenities. Being next to one of the most important bus and train stations in London is a big plus. However, we regret to hear your disappointment for the room provided. Not having you back would be a real shame. Once again thank you very much for staying with us. We hope to have you back in the future. Warm Regards, Javed Shaikh (General Manager)
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Hotel is good location!"
We spend in the hotel one night included free brekfast , friendly staff , good location close to metro , few minut to victoria coach station , so we can recommend this hotel 100 % !
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Anna, Thanks for sharing your feedback for your recent stay with us. We appreciate you took the time to share the experience of your stay at Victoria Station Hotel. We are glad to hear that the services provided by our staff as well as our location & Price were of your expectation. We really appreciated your kind acknowledgement for our Cleanness & Customer Service We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards Javed Shaikh (General Manager)
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Anna
"Good for a quick overstay in London"
I stayed for 6 hours as I had to catch an early train. Was put on the top floor which took a bit of effort to reach with a suitcase. Reception is open 24 hours and location is perfect for a short stop over via London Victoria train station
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful short stay with us. I am also glad to know that you liked the location of our hotel as we are centrally located with easy access to transportation. However, i am sorry to know that your room was on the top floor and was a bit of struggle with your luggage. Thank you once again for your review and hope to see you in the near future. Kind Regards, Javed Shaikh General Manager
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Luca
"Just what we were looking for"
I spent a while trying to find a hotel in a good location for Apollo Victoria theatre that wouldn't break the bank. This place was perfect, being a couple of minutes walk to the theatre and also to Victoria station - staff were lovely and bent over backwards to help us (the fan in our room was broken on arrival - they were in the room within 5 minutes to try and sort it out, and had a new fan installed early the next day). Breakfast was included in the price and there's still plenty left even if you turn up towards the end of the breakfast window (7:15-9:45). The selection was cornflakes, toast (with jam/marmalade/butter), hard boiled eggs, bread rolls, croissants, mini muffins, yoghurt, orange/multi-vit juice, machine coffee. Perfect for a small feast to get your day started, and save you a fortune having to grab something outside. It's not the Ritz, look at the price and manage your expectations - if you're looking for a king size bed with feather down and 1500 count Egyptian cotton sheets then you will be disappointed, but if you want somewhere clean in a handy location to get your head down without spending an absolute fortune then this is just the place
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am also glad to know that you were very happy with the location of our hotel as we are located in the heart of Victoria with easy access to several Theaters, Transportation and many Tourist attractions. I am also delighted to know that you liked our breakfast as well as the service of our staff. This is always encouraging and motivating for our staff to receive positive comments and makes them feel satisfied that they are doing a great job. I would like to thank you once again and hope to see you in the near future. Kind Regards, Javed Shaikh General Manager
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Stayed here for easy access to the apollo theatre - Just opposite. The hotel was clean and staff were Friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Chris, we couldn't have asked for a better comment, Customer Services and Cleanliness are very important aspects to us and we are happy to see that they are being so good. Again, thank you. Kind Regards.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Victoria Station Hotel"
We stayed one night, originally had to book double room but on arrival requested twin room and was given this at hotel 5 mins down road. Member of staff assisted with luggage up narrow winding stairs to first floor, thank goodness as original room was on the third floor. Both hotels very old but okay for one night, not as close to Coach Station as we thought, so with luggage, if you are not young,catch taxi.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Annette, thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you found our staff helpful, as we always try to offer the best possible Customer Service to our guests. Best Regards.
1 night trip with friends Apr 28, 2015
annette
"Would stay again at this cute, central hotel."
Tiny weak shower with scalding hot water, super nice location, nice staff, and a clean room
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Holly, we are very thankful for your comment. It is a pleasure for us to see that we did fulfill your expectations and you would repeat your stay with us.That is our main goal, make our guests happy so we are happy too. Again, thank you for your feedback. Warm Regards.
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Holly
"what do you expect !"
I chose the hotel for the location as we had planned to visit the orchid show and it was only a very short walk away. I expect the room to be clean and airy and the en-suite likewise and the linen freshly laundered, in this respect I was not disapointed this being a budget hotel.I do not look for swimming pools sauna gym etc, as I want to spend my time exploring. Staff were good,breakfast fine, the only drawback was the stairs especially if you happen to have a room on the top floor but overall I (and more so the wife ) was satisfied with our stay and would book again.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Peter, let us thank you for the time spent to write this beautiful review. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. This makes our day. We truly look forward to thank you in person next time you will be staying with us. Warm Regards
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
peter
"Trip"
It was convenient as was central to all we needed. The room was clean. It's served basic needs.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write your beautiful feedback on this platform. We are really happy to hear that your overall stay was good. We truly look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel. Best Regards
3 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Clean hotel, close to station and sights."
Clean, convenient, opposite Victoria Station, and a reasonable price. However, on return to the hotel at midnight, the doors were open, reception unmanned, with room keys on the desk! Note said 'gone for 15 minutes'. Very unhappy with lack care and security. We picked our own key and accessed the stairs and corridors to our room, totally unchallenged. Could have been anyone! There was also a door in our room to another staircase of rooms, which did not lock. No idea what that was. Worrying. Did not sleep a wink!
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are happy to hear that you liked the location as well as our cleanliness standards. However we are sorry that you had to face this inconvenient, but all action has been taken for further occasion. Once again thank for have stayed with us. Best Regards.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"One very bad hotel stay!"
This experience was not like expected! At all! We had room nr. 2 and that room was horrible! The bed was small and very hard. Couldnt sleep well at all. The florblanket was very filty. You could see the dirt! There was three windows on the room, but there was only two of them that the daylight came true. The bathroom had a very cold tilefloor. You could not stand on the bathroom tilefloor without a towel to stand on! The shower was in a very bad condition. It was extremley bad pressure on the water in the shower. The drain was clogged! On top of all this - the power went! I do not recomend this hotel. We paid 700$ for 3 nights. It was not at all worth it!
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"Quality of service and staff"
Stayed for 1 night .. Staff at reception were very nice and helpful .. Room was very clean .. Small and basic .. comfy bed .. Hotel old .. No lift .. Lots of stairs to climb .. Staff at breakfast gave no assistant what so ever .. Self service but wasnt told that by them .. To busy talking to each other to advise us .. Apart from that had a good night sleep .. Ok if your planning on just sleeping at hotel and not spending tonlong in room ..
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Cheap and cheerful!"
Cheap.. it worked out at about £35/person/night, so for London and near Victoria that is very good! The bed was very comfortable, sheets were clean. Room service was spot-on. All staff were polite. The continental breakfast was generous. The hotel does need some time/attention and money spent in certain areas. Our toilet seat was loose due to a broken hinge, no plug in the basin, shower-head wouldn't stay put, toilet door lock was loose/broken and fell off several times. Very noisy traffic outside, but it is central London so you have to expect that. If you want a quieter room, then ask for one at the back, away from the street. Overall, it was acceptable.
3 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
"good location"
good location to downtown, excellent price
4 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"no, thanks"
carpet is dirty and moulded. Windwos tiny and with mould. bathroom: shower ok, but basin was extrem ugly.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Cheap but not cheerful."
The room I had bore NO resemblance to the room photo on the web site. Three single beds crammed into a tiny room.Curtains barely hanging on the rods . Bedside lights didn't work.Sink had no plug. Traffic noise at night.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Hugh
"Fair price,central to all major London attractions"
Brilliant member of staff who went out of his way to ensure we knew we were in walking distance of so many of the wonderful London attractions, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus, All Theatres, Bond Street, The Ritz, London Eye etc. Hotel adjacent to Victoria Station & also Big Red Bus routes covering all areas. Clean & comfortable Hotel, reception covered 24/7. Wifi available. Will definately be returning. Really happy with the whole experience!!!!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"I thought I was back in College"
My stay was comical... only needing the room to sleep for a few hours it was no big deal - however - Broken shower door, no hot water, a room that was last updated in the 1970's (maybe 60's) and the fact that my room was down the street from the primary hotel - very odd indeed. I would not stay here again but for any poor fellow backpacking across Europe looking for a 1-star hotel that is economical - I might consider it. Hotels.com was 25 pounds cheaper than walking in off the street. The location is excellent - theaters - food - Victoria Station.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Traveler
"Cheap"
We actually did not stay in the Victoria Station hotel but a room across the street in the basement. The stair well looked awful but the room was not to bad. The bed and bedding were wonderful, the curtains do not keep out any light. Someone above was drilling or something at 11:00 pm till about 1:00 am. Thank god I was exhausted and fell asleep amyways.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"A good place."
The hotel itself doesn't look much, but it's location is perfect for anyone that wants to tour London, it is places within a couple of minutes walk from Victoria station and the underground and there a lot of bus's in the same area. Also a lot of quick places to grab food for the traveler. The Bedroom is very basic but comfortable, the fan works as well as any air conditioning, though choosing between the fan and Tv can be a cause a little bit of argument. They provide a fridge in the bedroom which we found very useful to keep your own milk and drinks and if we had been staying longer probably some snacks. The breakfast we decided against getting due to personal preferences. The staff where nice and competent when we had to deal with them, but we didn't have much to deal with them.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
devilburns
"Nice and clean"
A nice and clean hotel. Good value for the price !!!
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Small hotel in centre if London."
Staff very helpful but room very small, little or no storage space, narrow staircase, shower room recently upgraded. Smell in hallways. However, as we were using it as a base for moving around London for only three days or so it worked but wouldn't go back.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Ken
"Victoria Station Hotel"
The stay was adequate for one night but I don't think I would stay longer for the room was quite cramped. As we checked in there was an unpleasant smell as we were walking up the stairs, we wonder if they have a problem with the drains. At least the smell didn't permeate the room. Most importantly the bed had nice clean fresh sheets and the bathroom was nice and clean. The breakfast was okay.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Convenient to Victoria Station"
i expect more than a choice between a bedroom with no window and one that is extfremely noisy on road front without sufficient glazing
Other trip May 27, 2014
Teddy
"Never go again"
Terrible breakfast, low services, room is unclean.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Sandy
"disgusting rat hole"
if i had another option that night i would have gone elsewhere and forfeited my payment. I checked in around midnight and there was no hotel at the time. the place is not as night as a good hostel.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
jamestravel
IL
"Disappointed hotel quality"
The hotel room was not clean, bathroom lights did not work, toilet did not flush and the floor in my room was not even. The bed was not too bad but was not too sure whether it was clean or not. For that price, I did expect to have a better room - better standard.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hotel for Victoria Station"
The location is perfect for Victoria Station. The hotel is a bit run down but the room was actually spot on and very clean. Breakfast was a bit basic but would recommend this hotel to friends
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2014
"Nice staff"
The staff in the reception was nice. However, the rooms where small and bed hard. Had to climb all the way to the top of the hotel with a heavy suitcase and the stairs was narrow and step.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Great staff, shame about the room"
Spotlessly clean bathroom but had some mysterious "stuff" on my duvet cover so I had to take it off. There was also a blocked drain smell coming up through the stairway which I had to block out with pillows so I recommend checking that is sorted before staying here.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Umhygenic Fleapit"
This hotel was unhygenic. There was mold in the rooms, unclean and very poor standard. The lock on the bedroom door did not work, I was concerned about my safety as a result. I will not be staying in this hotel again. Words fail me at how much I did not enjoy my stay.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Does what it says on the tin, very quiet and comfortable, overpriced but that's London
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Kat
"Close to theatre"
As a couple of students looking for a budget hotel next to the Apollo theatre it was convenient location wise. And its right near the train station and a Weatherspoons across the road. The rooms were basic but clean and the staff were polite and help full.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Budget hotel near Victoria Station"
Booked for one night. Victoria Station Hotel is a cheap budget hotel very close to the station. The room was small, but had a kitchenette area and bathroom. It was clean although the decoration is a bit tired. Continental Breakfast is included; bread rolls; jams; ham; etc
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
"a place to rest ones head"
a bit overpriced for what it is
1 night trip Dec 16, 2013
michael lloyd
"Avoid this hotel!"
The reception desk had peeling veneer on its surface and the dining area next to it looked grubby. The corridors had an over powering stench of mildew. The room had no curtains and one window had been replaced and provided a clear view to the street - no privacy. There was no towels, soap or even toilet paper provided in the room. The bathroom floor was dirty. While the sheets were clean, the duvet cover was not. The room door did not fit properly letting in lots of light around its edges which was disturbing considering you could reach the door from the bed. 3 star hotel - you're having a laugh! Little better than a flop house! I didn't stay for breakfast. If the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel was anything to go by I suspect that that I may have caught something if I had eaten there.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
D Spencer
"Peaceful at the heart of Victoria"
Considering this hotel is remarkably close to Victoria station, the room was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. The shower was small and unfortunately, the shower head was broken but we were still able to shower. For the price we paid, this was a great value room although we missed breakfast due to it finishing a little earlier than we would have liked. A great find though.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
louise
No running water in the shower. No hot water. White dust all over the room.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
"Broken curtain, Tiny TV, Close to station"
This hotel was not to close to the station as to be too loud to sleep, but it was close enough for convenience. The Sat Nav on my phone took me to the back of the hotel to start off with which was a little creepy, but I soon found my way. Being a small hotel the staff knew who I was already when I arrived. The hotel had a strange layout, but my room was an okay size (for London), the bed was comfortable and it had an en-suite. The TV within the room however was really small & the curtain broke off the rail when I attempted to shut it to block out the light pollution. The breakfast was minimal but it suited me just fine, not a lot of hot choices, mainly cereal and toast with some yoghurts. Overall, probably wouldn't stop again, would look at other hotels in the area, but it served its purpose well.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"Basic!"
Do not stay here if you're expecting any degree of luxury (or even curtains that meet in the middle)!
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"Good location..."
I chose this for the low price in the location, a very last minute booking. Good location, opposite 'Wicked' show just around the corner from Victoria station. Just a B&B though, so need to go exploring to find dinner. A Wetherspoons is opposite if you do not want to go far, or jump on the underground to quickly get to Leicester Sq/Covent Garden for more choice. Room small, basic and smelled of stale smoke. Bathroom new and clean. Lots of narrow stairs to get to top floor where my room was. Note that the sign outside says Station Hotel, not Victoria Station Hotel.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Kiz
"good value for money"
clean rooms--basic facilities- convenient location- 2.5 is about right
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
james
"Sad stay"
Apart from the location which as good, we felt most other things did not go well, to list just a few problems with the room, no handle to open close window with cracked glass, screws coming out and missing from room door, shower water did not drain away and unable to shower (too much trouble to try and get sorted late at night), when the curtain was opened it came off the end of the rail!! I could go on.
1 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2013
"Terrible expirience"
Stayed in this hotel for just one night but it was enough. Went to the original hotel which was the Victoria when i went up in the room I found people there. Went down to reception and they just showed me the hotel opposite, which I believe it is under the same management. The room was dirty, unpleasant, stains in the basin, missing bulbs, mirror not hanged to the wall, broken shower and it keeps on going!! I suggest you avoid such hotel as it was a nightmare for myself!!
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"Slightly better than sleeping rough"
Room was by reception. It contained a fire escape door, spray painted white, leading to a busy road on Victoria. The furniture was dirty and worn, as are the walls, and the noise was constant. Even with beer inside me and 2 pillows on my head, I couldn't sleep!!! Do not stay here. There are cheaper hostels and better hotels!!!
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
Matthew

"Lieu parfait pour visiter Londres"
Endroit parfait à côté de Victoria Station (bus, tube et Gatwick Express) 10 minutes à pieds du Buckingham Palace et 3 stations de bus du Big Ben et de la Tamise. Petites chambres propres et très fonctionnelles. 3 étages avec escalier en colimaçon sans ascenseur. Hôtel parfait pour visiter Londres, donc y dormir uniquement. Buffet du petit déjeuner un peu minimaliste, mais tout à fait correct. Je recommande pleinement l'adresse.
Response by Victoria Station Hotel
Cher Doris, je vous remercie beaucoup pour un tel commentaire merveilleux. Nous sommes heureux d'entendre votre bonheur pour votre séjour dans notre hôtel. Nous travaillons dur pour que chaque client se sent unique et à l'aise dans notre hôtel, et quand nous réussissons, ca fait notre journée! Il a été un plaisir de vous avoir ici avec nous. Nous sommes impatients de vous accueillir à nouveau dans un proche avenir. Cordialement, Javed Shaikh (directeur général)
6 night family trip Aug 17, 2015