All hotels in Mumbai, India
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereJuhu Tara Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400049, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.6
    2.6
    2.5
Average property.
5 night business trip Jul 14, 2014

"Not a good experience."
I stayed in hotel royal garden with family owing to its proximity with juhu beach but was disappointed with the condition of hotel. Rooms were average and refrigerator was stinking. Toilets were average with taps creating problems every now and then. However food was excellent with good service. Overall not worth of spending money.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Nisar
IN
"Pictures can be deceiving.."
When i booked the hotel the room in the picture looked good but when i checked in it was depressing.
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
IN
"You get what you pay for..."
Not the best place to stay overnight. If you cannot find any other hotel within your budget then this hotel might be your choice.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
IN
"!! Worse Hotel !! Stay away from this Hotel !!!"
It was worse ever hotel, I have ever stayed. I had a 5 day business trip. I am regular visitor of city but this was horrible experience. AC was very noisy !! Internet was pathetic !! Rooms were smelly !! Bathrooms were of stone age !! Unprofessional approach and ethics of staff. If you are young they will start explaining rules immediately without knowing about you, about your female friends that you can not invite your female friends to your room. If local female friend, then not allowed to visit your room. If outsider even then she has to make a declaration. Honestly do not go on pics and advertisement, I would recommend Bawa continental, which is half a KM away from it. That was my regular hotel, I opted for change but was highly disappointed.
6 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Sunil
IN
"Hotel is near to beach but horrible"
Manager is horrible They don't have respect for guest
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
probin
"Nothin is lik royal. Very addemand staff."
Very worst experience. Wl never prefer this hotel again.
Kiran
"Nice ..clean beds and warm shower"
I got the budget room by the elevator.Due to the noise from some if the other guest ,it was not that Nice !.But its not the hotels fault..The nabourhood was Peaceful except for the ocationally plane.and the staff was good.I think it was value for the money.the train Station is a 40rupi trip away(use the meter;) so you can acsess the touristc Mumbai easy ..
5 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Christine
"Stay at Royal Garden"
Nice hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
RAJ
IN
"Average hotel close to the beach."
Stayed here for one night and the stay was more or less comfortable.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Priyanko
"deceiving hotel info"
it is not three star hotel,should be one star very old building,still using door room key not card. disappointing one
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
nasir
IN
"Awesome Location, mediocre service"
Location was pretty good. But mediocre service really spoils one's holiday mood. Apparently the hotel does not allow opposite gender guest, so if you're planning to call friends into the room, think twice. But, it's cheap and if you only need a place to sleep, then its ok.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Ashish
IN
Our stay was just OK - not as good and clean and well maintained as the website shows. Front desk staff are not well trained and mislead you and talk back unprofessionally as if they are doing guests a big favour by giving a room in the first place in their hotel!! Since I had already paid upfront and refund option was not available, I just continued to stay. And as we were just 2 women I did not want to risk our safety by picking any quarrel with the hotel. In short I stayed there by force! The hotel management need to do a lot to make the Hotel popular..
4 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Shobhana
IN
"A very Average Hotel, not worth the price!"
The rooms are very average, a little smelly. Also, i was supposed to get a taxi shuttle which the hotel denied having any information of.
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
arjun
"Ok but not that great"
Hotel was ok. On daily basis we had to call and ask for facilities that were supposed to be provided during room service. Hot water only came through the taps from 7am until 4pm. If you had to take a shower out of this time, you had to call and ask them to turn on the hot water. Internet service was very poor and took ages to login in. I had booked this hotel through Expedia which included, free breakfast, Wi-Fi and airport transporation but the Manager of the hotel had no idea and keep saying those services were not included in our package. A lot of time was wasted trying to make him understand. First day breakfast was decent but other days we stayed here, the breakfast service was not as expected, although the dining room staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay here again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Roslyn
"Average Location"
The hotel is fine to stay, as an average property. Location is good on Juhu Tara Road near to beach.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
Ajay
IN
Hotel is Good taking an hour for check in proces .staff should be more trained.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ashok
IN
"Nice location....near juhu beach."
It was a comfortable stay....but room tariff seems little higher then what the hotel actually serves you.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
I was not impressed by the hotel. As it was rated a 3.5 star hotel, the reality was not what one should expect in a popular developed area of Mumbai. The two overriding issues were bugs in both rooms (I asked to be switched after the first one) and the poor internet connection. Staff was helpful enough, and the location was perfect. Luckily my stay was only two nights.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
Monty
"great location"
Stay was ok! you have NOT given full details of the package, they did NOT give breakfast in the package!!!!!!! Restaurant is good with good food and good service, but room service was lousy!!!! In bathroom NO COLD water!Only Hot water was coming........so you cant take bath. Definitely we are not going to the same hotel and NOT recommending any body.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
lalit roy
IN
"Hotel below the flight path"
If you are deaf then you won't be too bothered about planes going over the hotel every 20 minutes. The receptionists doing the night shift when I checked in were particularly unhelpful, fortunately the lady during the day sorted out what the 2 men couldn't be bothered doing
Other trip Jan 10, 2014

"Inbjudande men ganska nerslitet hotell."
Hotellet såg inbjudande ut på bilden, men visades vara ganska nersliten. Vi bytte rum efter första natten då det var väldigt mycket oväsen för personalen samt en del gäster. Tyvärr gick flygplanen över hotellet var 3:minut, vilket ledde till mindre sömn. Fördelen var att det låg när flygplatsen, samt gångavstånd till havet.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Magnus
SE
"service"
Hotellet hade bra service förutom öppentiderna på resturangen.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Gunilla och kjell
SE
3 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Royal Garden Hotel

"Terrible experience with Hotel"
04/11/15 diwaker1984 Pune
Myself Diwaker from Pune, had booking with hotel for 8th and 9th April with Family for Mumbai Darshan. We did advance booking keeping it in mind that It is near by Juhu Beach. After booking, I did call them to make sure they allot us SeaView Rooms. For which they assured us that we would be getting once we arrived. Once we landed in Hotel at 6PM in evening (late to normal check-in Time), They irritated us by not providing Seaview Rooms as promised on previous day on call and demanding Address proof of all occupants, I was surprised as I was carrying only ID cards for all. I have been in Marriot , Novotel, Holiday-In and many more 5-4 Start hotels, But no one asked Address Proof and I am correct that Address Proof is not Government Policy also. I gently talked to receptionist and clarify my stand, but he was refusing to allow us by saying its our Hotel Rule. Somehow i got it my Aadhar saved in my personal email. Even he claimed Address proof for Kid (13Yr) who was with us. It was insane when her parents are with them and showing address proof why Address Proof is required for kids.(Normally Kids doesn't have address proof). Somehow we got the room by showing all docs what he required. This all Incident Irritated me lot , not only because he asked address proof but his attitude and way he was talking. Once i enter room, Room was not pre-checked with essential things, I called again receptionist to provide essential things and suggested that all these items needs to be in room before anyone do checking. His answer surprised me , He says with so much attitude that Sir, We provide essential things when people do check-in. His behavior , attitude was so rude which forced me to talk to his manager where His manager said Sorry to me. It was not end of my problems. I booked two rooms, First for 1 Couple and Second for 1 couple with Kids where he has to provide me Double bed with one extra bed. what he provided is coming all Single Bed in both rooms and making it one. It was so terrible as family and for couples. Room was so Ordinary looks like a Standard Room where i had booked Superior Executive Double Room. I have experience better Standard rooms than his Superior Executive Double Room. It was my one of the worst Hotel experience till now in my life. I promised to myself that I would never visit it or recommend to any one. Attaching few Rooms Pics showing its History.
"Decent option but would not do again"
04/03/15 Jacob N New York City, New York
This place was a decent option for the price because it was reasonably close to the airport so that we could check in really early morning and check out right before our morning flight the next day, but still be in an interesting place and removed from the slums immediately around the airport. Hotel staff were not terribly welcoming, and there were a number of communication issues in trying to order at the restaurant and room service. There were definitely better quality five star hotels up the street. The beach, which could not be viewed from our room (instead, I woke up to a view of people bathing themselves in the alley), was not very exciting and the location was distant from anything western tourists would typically do in Mumbai. It actually took over two hours to return from South Mumbai to the hotel in
"Don't stay near Juhu Beach"
03/20/15 Malcolm G Sydney, Australia
This hotel was way too far from the Downtown area and had nothing to offer. The beach from an Australian perspective, was dirty, uninteresting and full of hawkers and food sellers all day. We were directly under the flight path so subjected to aircraft noise. There were very few restaurants in the area. The wifi was very intermittent, in fact often not at all. The rooms were small, the safe didn't lock, the view was non - existent and the staff were fairly uninterested in our wifi problems. It took 5 mornings to finally get our very basic breakfast right - fruit, one fried egg, one toast and tea!!
"Right place to stay with family"
03/15/15 arungoa2015 Panaji, India
I stayed here with my family from 17-Feb for three nights. we had a pleasant stay and the best part of the stay was the proximity of this hotel to juhu chaupati since my son enjoys Mumbais 'chat' food. the staff at the reception was very helpful. Breakfast is limited but its quite enough for the day. I strongly recommend this hotel if you going to Mumbai with your family.
"Nice and comfortable"
02/12/15 Sandeep B Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
A nice, comfortable hotel at a location not very far from the airport. The staff is courteous and helpful. The buffet breakfast is not all that great, the wifi connectivity is pretty decent and do avail the airport drops provided by the hotel.
"Excellent place"
02/12/15 J R R Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
The place was fantastic. Ideal location. Just across the road from Juhu Beach. In fact, the view from the 3rd & 4th floor of the hotels, have a nice view of the sea - which is breath-taking. The buffet breakfast is really good. They give 2 bottles of water each day and 2 cans of drink as complimentary. Though these don't cost as much as what we pay for the tariff ... it's actually a good feel. The rooms are clean and spacious. However, the party room can get a bit noisier with the music beats in the night. There's a lot of talking in the hallway at nights by other customers who keep coming and going, which can be a nuisance in any place. But there seems to be no way to control it. The wi-fi was really good.
"Small rooms, cracked tiles, toilet does not work"
02/06/15 fsdukejr Federal Way, Washington
In the US, such a hotel would cost less than $50. AC works and there is included internet that worked well. Toilet flushed once and not again. We are flushing it with a bucket of water from the shower. A man came to look at it but could not make it work. Shower has lots of mildew in cracks. Took 1.5 hours to get passports back. Fortunately, we are only using it for a day room before going to the airport. We are looking forward to leaving at 10PM. Very disappointed. We agree with the other reviews.
"Extremely poor experience - hotel couldn't care less!"
01/30/15 DKM22 Mumbai (Bombay), India
We'd booked a couple of rooms for some relatives. The nightmarish experience started with the check-in, where the hotel insisted on address proof, instead of the normal identity proof. We requested the reception that the guests were retired folks from India itself, who weren't used to carrying passports around, and I could vouch for them by producing my addr proof: we were met with a nonchalant response that this was the govt. rule, and they couldn't help it. We tried coaxing them to give us time to produce an alternate proof and at least let the old couple checkin, since they were tired from a long journey - the staff just didn't care. After lot of pleading, they were allowed in. The horror continued when we were told, each and every person checking in, requires an ID proof. Since they were wife and kids, we requested a waiver on that, which was again met with a dont-care attitude. After all the brouhaha, when we finally checked in, the night threw up a shocker: The reception didn't maintain duplicate keys for any room! I'm yet to come across a hotel in this day and age, which can claim this honor, that too with pride! All in all, the impression given by the Front Ops manager and reception staff was completely cavalier and rude, as if they just didn't care for business. Even if the rules were being strictly applied, they could've shown some care and helping attitude. This was easily one of the worst experience I can think of in any hotel, across India and abroad. The management seriously needs to re-define whether they want to continue in this business, and what word-of-mouth publicity they're creating with this kind of staff behaviour.
"Review on our stay at Royal Garden"
12/17/14 goahit1ta
We stayed there with family for 2 nights, it is a hotel very near to Juhu Beach but very far from other tourist places in Mumbai. Room condition is very poor, they are charging very high and the services offered are very poor. Had to call housekeeping many times for the minimum work to be done. It was a terrible experience. Food is very costly, would not recommend this for stay..
"Terrible Food & Poor Ambience – Not Worth to Spend Money"
12/12/14 mukesh_khunger
I am staying here from last two days & living on bread & butter only, a street Dhaba can server you better food than here. Room Ambience is not good as per the amount paid, I got a room in the cornet of hotel and can see a terrace full of wastes only.