All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
35 Shepherds Bush Road, London, England, W6 7LU, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not a three star hotel."
If you read the Star Ratings Explained on hotels.com, this is not 3 stars. Two or one would be more accurate. The pictures make it seem nicer than it is, but it's just a family-run business without the charm of an inn. The concierge is a guy sleeping on a couch in the lobby. The rooms are very tiny. No elevator or assistance with baggage. The vibe is not of a true hotel, but of staying at someone's house for the night. It was cheap for London, but our bathroom reeked of mold so badly that we shut the door and didn't shower during our stay. For that reason alone, any other hotel would have been better than this place. Oh, and we opened our window when we arrived because our room was hot, and then stepped outside for just a moment to get something from our car. As we were leaving, the owner stopped us and said he was going to go into our room and close the window because we would be complaining about being cold later. I understand he was probably just concerned about his heating bill, but it put me off to think about some guy going into our room without really asking. Breakfast was actually in another house a few doors down, and again had this weird "someone else's kitchen" vibe. The sugar and jam jars were communal, and filled with crumbs of the previous diners. It was gross. It's close to a tube station, the neighborhood was okay for the most part, and the wifi worked fine, so it got us through the night.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Functional hotel in zone 2"
Stayed in a single room, was quite small but functional. Quite central location for a reasonable price
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Stay if you can mange with very narrow space"
The location is good with free breakfast and WIFI, however if you have any issue with space and stairs do not stay in this hotel
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Hassan
"Don't expect any sleep"
Hotel is very loud - there was some mold in the corners of our shower, and bathrooms were smaller than the closet.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2014
"My stay at the sapphire"
The room and immediate cleanliness was fine, but for some reason room service would not do a thorough job (nor give one the option of opting out of room service, which I would have opted for). One day they replaced the towel, the rest they did not; most days they did not clean the bathroom. Even worse the wi-fi was terrible!
Other trip May 11, 2014
"This hotel was clean, close to the airport"
This hotel was clean, close to the airport and staff was very friendly, the rooms spacious. We stay only for one night but I do recommend it and I will stay with them again.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Cristina

"HORRENDOUS HOTEL."
Horrendous hotel. Was unable to check in until 5pm without them telling us beforehand, our room was dirty, the fridge did not work, the wardrobe was rickety and poorly built, the mirror had a large crack in it, the shower fixture was broken meaning the shower head faced the wall and it was impossible to shower. The hotel was extremely noisy and we did not have a good night sleep any night. We asked to switch rooms and the second room was no better. This shower did work but would not drain so the bottom of the shower filled with filth from the drain! I had to ask for this to be cleaned. Was then moved a second time by the hotel staff as they had placed us in a triple room rather than a double, even though I had requested to stay in one room for the full 5 nights. Hotel cleanliness was very poor and shabby. The only saving grace for us were the ladies serving breakfast as they really were lovely. Everything else severely disappointed us. I have emailed Sapphire twice for comments but no response. AVOID. THIS IS NOT A THREE STAR BOUTIQUE HOTEL!
1 night business trip May 24, 2015
Rex
"noisy hotel"
This was a very noisy hotel and the refrigerator did not work and very small room not impressed at all.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
robert
"Lovely place, will definitely book again."
We stayed here for three nights and would definitely recommend it to others. Handy for Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush the hotel was clean, staff very nice. No negatives although be aware it's on a main road and traffic starts early, although hey, it's London!
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Jackie
"Disgusting place"
Not a hotel but ramshackle apartment described as a hotel. who rated this place as a 3 star hotel? A shame to hotels.com. Beware of the other so called hotels in this street.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
"Good value for money"
I have stayed in the sister hotel (The Pearl) before and as with this stay it is perfectly good value but you get what you pay for. A good sized double room with shower room. I arrived late to check in and to say service was lack-lustre would be polite. Nothing wrong with my stay as such but nothing special. Would stay again purely because it's location is very good and the price is worth the money. Plus breakfast is included which is great as other hotels in the area charge an additional £10+.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
Carly
"Sapphire Hotel"
Not impressed with the Sapphire Hotel. Service was not great and the room was not very clean. The paint on the walls was peeling in places and there was hairs on the pillows. On a positive note, it is located close to the tube station and to Westfield shopping centre.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great value ..."
Great hotel for the price ... newly renovated and a 10 minute walk to the tube. If you are a QPR fan, Loftus Park stadium is a 10 minute walk. Book with confidence. Kaz Akbar
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Khazimain
"Pretty bad!"
When we arrived we were shipped over to a sister hotel down the street the "Emerald" - which was nowhere near as nice as the website's pictures. The room was tiny, unbearably warm and the bathroom had tiles falling off the walls. The breakfast was an uncomfortable atmosphere, and did not feel hygienic - for example, jam/nutella jars on the table which had had previous guests dipping their used knives in for god-knows how long. Would not recommend this hotel - was a uncomfortable stay, I feel ripped off.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
Gemma
"Fantastic Value for Money"
Fantastic value for money, convenient for getting into London (sits directly between Shepherds Bush Tube and Hammersmith Tube stations) and a good breakfast selection. Really couldn't have asked for more. Not the most luxurious of hotels but having stayed many times in the local area for work this is by far the best condition I have seen. Very clean and comfortable and both check in and check out were very organised.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Carly
"Great Value for money"
Great Value for money - close to metro and westfield shopping center Very friendly staff
4 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Melissa Naomi
"Good experience at this great value small hotel"
As many others have reported, when we arrived at the Sapphire Hotel we were told that we would actually be staying at their sister premises, Pearl Hotel. Thankfully this was only 2 minutes walk away and was in my opinion equal standard to the Sapphire Hotel. We requested a quiet double room but were initially given a triple room on the 1st floor which faced on to the main road. After requesting to change rooms, we were then given a nice double room on the basement floor which felt a lot more private. Overall, very happy with our 1 night stay after being initially apprehensive. May book Pearl Hotel directly in future.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Vanessa
"Convenient"
Really good for price and very close to Westfield shopping centre which is a bonus.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
leon
"Did what it said on the tin !"
I was specifically staying at this location as I was going to a concert at hammersmith opollo . It was a comfortable 10 min walk from the venue , and also the closest tube station . The hotel although small , did everything I expected , it was clean , bed was comfortable , shower was good , and breakfast was more than adequate . It was very reasonably priced , and I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area .
3 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
Alison
"Great location .. Very central .. 5 mins from tube"
We stayed at the pearl and overall the hotel was fine .. Room a bit small but had everything you need and was spotless apart from a ripped net curtain .. We found the room a bit noisy in the morning but I suppose this can't be helped as our room was at the top of the stairs which accessed the breakfast lounge so everyone had to pass by our door ... Maybe make sure that you ask for a second or third floor room ..
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
suzanne
"Excellent value, good night's sleep"
Small single room but very comfortable. Impeccably and strategically furnished. Good wifi signal. Decent breakfast. Well situated for local bus links. Not a luxury hotel by any means but is fresh and modern. Make up your own mind.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Lynsey
"All in all I was very satisfied."
My single room has a little small but that was alright. Nice clean room/bathroom. Lovely breakfast and good wifi coverage in my room. All in all I was very satisfied.
3 night trip Dec 21, 2014
Clive
"Convenient hotel for a night's stay"
Had absolutely no trouble with this hotel. The bathroom was rather small and the room did have a bad smell to it but this did not bother me as I only stayed for one night.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Georgia
"excellent 1 nighter hotel"
I had a 1 night stay as our Christmas party was around the corner from the hotel. Lovely room, bathroom was very clean and ideal for me on my own for the night. The pillows were very hard though and the room was very warm - I would say to turn your radiator down slightly as when the heating comes on, it's very warm! I took an extra towel too as you are only provided with 1 and it's tiny. Other than a couple of minor things, it's an ideal little hotel for local stays
1 night trip Dec 18, 2014
"Good value hotel"
Good location . Wifi worked . Clean rooms , nice breakfast! I booked the sapphire but was moved to pearl hotel just 5 doors down road. Could not fault it for the price
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
andrew
"Unbelievable value"
Unbelievable value for such a location. Will use again without hesitation
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Well recommended for a couple of nights stay"
The Sapphire was clean and tidy and the hotel staff where pleasant and friendly.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
GRAHAM
"The hotel was in an ideal place!"
Westfield was only a short walk away aswell as shepards bush station which was easy to find. We were in room 59 right at the top. The decor was very nice and surprisingly the beds were quite comfy. The bathroom was a bit on the small side however it was manageable. There was a fridge, wardrobe, tv and a small hairdryer in the room. I would recommend it to my family or friends to stay here. Will be visiting again.
lucy
"A good chice for budget turists"
We chose the Sapphire Hotel because it is cheaper than other hotels, relatively close to subway stations, and fairly close to the historic London. The hotel is in fact an old townhouse that was renovated and transformed in a small hotel. Other surrounding townhouses seem to have had the same transformation. It seems that there are three similar hotels named Sapphire, Emerald and Pearl that are located within a short distance and managed together. When we arrived at the Sapphire Hotel, we were told that our room was in fact in the Emerald Hotel close by. There, we were shown a very small room on the third floor with a tiny "bathroom". There was no elevator, and the stairway was narrow and steep. When we commented that we could climb those stairs with difficulty, we were shown another room on the main floor (we were lucky that the room was available). This one was quite large, with a larger bathroom. We settled in this room. The room was nicely decorated and clean. However, the heating did not work properly. We complained several times about it, with no results. Even though the website claims that the rooms are sound-proof, it seems that the access door to the room is not: we were disturbed by the noise coming from the hotel hallway and by the banging of the hotel access door, which was several meters distance from our apartment door. The complimentary breakfast included a variety of choices, even though we used it only once.
4 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
sergiu
"Good value for money"
Good value for money, especially if you stay in new side (Pearl Hotel). Great location close to the tube and restaurants, relatively small but comfortable room (including small fridge which was a plus), in recently renovated part of hotel. I would book it again.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Review"
Room very small, but clean Didn't stay for breakfast as the hotel only started serving at 7:30,
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Double room very tiny only suitable for single, no space to go to bed only jump to bed because side it by wall and corner , even the door difficult to open it because stuck with single cupboard. Very noise even mid night we heard loud noise such as street . Good staff and good breakfast. Hotel is clean but room so tiny not comfortable to sleep in or to back again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Terrible stay !!"
The hotel I booked was actually down the road. Was put in a single room when I booked a double. Took quite some time to solve the matter only to find out that all the double rooms we're fully booked. After the hassle was only offered a £7 refund which I thought was ridiculous. The refund in the end was still not satisfactory. Overall worst night sleep I have had, 2 people sharing a single bed !
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Dee
"Beautiful and clean but Bad staff"
The night I got to the hotel Saffire they said my room was in Hotel Pearl (even though I had booked in Saffire). It was ok since it was 5 buildings far from Saffire Hotel. There is no elevator so I had to carry my heavy luggage by myself (since the staff didn't help me) to the second floor. The room was small but very clean and new. There was a mini fridge and a coffee machine. However there was no air conditioner, only a fan. The location is not the greatest but it is woth the price since it is close to Shepherd's Bush subway station. The breakfast is really poor so I think they could work on it. The worst part of my trip was on the check out time. There was noboby in the reception to receive my room key. I waited for 25 minutes but nobody showed up, even in the hotel Saffire (I went there to check it out). So I had to leave the key in front of the reception with nobody and sent them an e-mail explaining what happened.
2 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"excellent boutique hotel"
I have stayed in a few hotels in this area for business purposes and I have to say this was the best. I was placed in a room in the sister hotel Pearl a few doors down. the room was very big for hotels in this area of this type. It was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. The only downside is thw street noise but this didn't bother me too much.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"Not great"
V hot and stuffy room. Couldn't open windows. Lots of road noise. Very uncomfortable pillows. Shower good and clean. All in all, wouldn't go back.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
JOJOJO
"extremely poor"
does not look like a hotel! in fact it is not a hotel! horrible smell in the corridor and room! Left the hotel after few hours of check in and stayed in Hilton overnight as I could not tolerate the room's smell!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Faz
"Ok location"
As a base it was in a good location. Hotel was ok, but we had a bedroom downstairs and it was very hot with no air con and the windows couldnt really be left open.The main problem was their office was above us and the first night we could hear voices untill 2 in the morning also draws banging and the chairs moving accross the floor, i think this was due to no carpet on the floor in the office,also happened on the other nights.The shower well you couldnt swing a cat in there! But overall it was clean and the breakfast was good.
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2014
"Fair price"
Hotel was ok, especially for the price. There was some slight mould smell in the basement corridor, where my room was located, but room itself was nice and clean. Breakfast, simple and this is ok. But coffee was awful.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
"Clean but noisy"
Hotel was clean and tidy and staff were friendly. However it was very noisy. We were on the ground floor and reception was very noisy, even late at night. You could here people on the floor above on the toilet as and the running water. Wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Mark and Karen
"Amazing breakfast to start the day !!"
Very friendly and helpful staff who gave us helpful tips on what sightseeing to do and which bus to take.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Good basic hotel"
We were actually moved 7 doors down to their new sister hotel 'Pearl Hotel' at 49 Shepherds Bush Road upon arrival. Rooms were recently refurbed and clean, beds comfy, location excellent. Breakfast staff friendly but food basic at best and slightly below par for this type of small West London hotel. Would be happy to stay again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Good value for money
4 night family trip Jun 1, 2014
Alan G
"More a B&B than a hotel, but does the job"
Hotel more a B&B than a Hotel, limited services, but rooms clean enough, great location for O2 Empire, breakfast is in hotel 5 doors down! Very noisy as you would expect, had to keep windows open as no aircon...but cant grumble really for the location and price....
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Recent makeover, clean & comfortable, good value"
Just needed an economy priced stay in Hammersmith and the website and reviews looked good. Easy to book & got there to find helpful staff and a clean room with all the basics you need. Not a big room but modern & new. Breakfast area was good & though I was a continental breakfast the girls were there to serve coffee and cook to order in pleasant surroundings. It's my new place to stay in London cheaply when I just need a bed for the night when visiting on business.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Happy customer
"Great place to stay for the Shepherds Bush Empire"
A fab little hotel to stay for gigs at the Empire as was a few blocks away. We didn't stay at the Sapphire tho as we were transferred to their sister hotel The Pearl upon arrival. Rooms were comfortable tho there were some dirty stains on the sheets (looked like coke or something) but otherwise was very clean.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"A cheap and high quality hotel"
Great hotel, clean and tidy. Some rooms are small but they served great as a base for our trip, water pressure was high enough to have a decent shower. Free wifi was actually good and had enough bandwidth to stream video. Location was great and room did not suffer from noise pollution.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
amphetkid
"Comfortable and modern hotel."
We were housed in its sister hotel just a couple of doors away. The Pearl Hotel. The first thing that I noticed was the thoroughly modern finish to all rooms in the hotel. Nice shiny marble floors and all new PVC windows everywhere. Modern electrics with many room power outlets. Free Wi-Fi which was good. Could use my tablet no problems. Room was a liitle small that we had but had ensuite with shower which was also small in size. However the cleanliness was impeccable. TV and tea making facilities were there. Staff were friendly and polite. Just 1/2 mile approx away from Shepherd's Bush underground for easy access into central London. Enjoyed our 3 night stay.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Alan
"Lovely"
Very nice! Breakfast surprisingly good!
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"The worst hotel in my life !"
On the website it looks like pretty boutique-hotel and thats why i've booked it. However reality is totally different: my room was small but it does not matter. The think which does matter is massive mold on a wall. And do you know why? Because second disadvantage is cold, it was extremely cold so i had to sleep wearing jumper, socks and trousers. The hotel's staff gave me a small heater but even it did not help. It just burn the oxygen out and does not help to get comfortable. If you love your families and respect yourself - don't ever book that hotel!!! Otherwise sore throughout next morning is guaranteed.
2 night trip Feb 3, 2014