All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

"Amsterdam"
Good location, uncomfortable bed
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"Good values place in the heart of the action"
There on business. Large room and large bathroom. Comfortable enough, but not plush. Good basic room for the money. It is right on Rokin, a main drag, so it can be a bit noisy. But that also makes it very convenient. I'd stay again on business, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice for a vacation stay with my girlfriend.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Lou
Room was smelling as a tolilet And the stuff do not deal with it
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Nice safe location but right in the middle of a stalled underground rail project that is more than a year away from being finished if it ever does get finished this'll be a cool place to stay"
Don't stay in this hotel unless they can assure you that you will not have to listen to the main street-my room was directly over the sidewalk. I didn't get an hours nights sleep even after an eight hour plane ride and one hour train ride
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Bart
"Bad service"
The AC unit leaked water all over the floor and the guy at the desk said there's nothing he can do. Find a hotel somewhere else...
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"noise, noise, noise"
Room was clean and the staff was nice the bed was OK but every night we could not sleep because of the noise on the street. Drunks screaming at each other and buses and trucks making noise as well as the tram. couldn't wait to get to another hotel and get some sleep.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"3 Stars Hotel as they rate but i think its less."
Close to the best places in Amsterdam but so so small, the stuff are just ok, will never go there again
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Mohamed
"pleasant and central"
I like the Cordial and would consider staying there again. Our room was teeny tiny as Amsterdam rooms can tend to be, but stylish with all the basics. Staff was terrific.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great location for younger crowd"
Would highly recommend to anyone looking to go out and explore the town within walking distance of central station and just about all the main attractions. Was a bit noisy at night but we went out and got drinks anyways so did not bother us.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Modern Luxury"
The hotel is very clean and very modern. The only complaint in I would make is that I got a room on the first floor, which had a narrow staircase up to the room. Other than that, the room was great, and the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Jerry
"Pleasant Stay"
Quite a good location, in the middle of all the things we wanted to see: Anne Frank House, Red Light District, Leidseplein. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They held our bags for us until the room was ready. The hotel was nice and clean from the lobby to the bathrooms. Didn't eat breakfast, so can't comment on the food, but it was available for an extra fee. It all seemed new and modern. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the rooms are just so small. I expect small rooms everywhere in Europe, but our double room had about a foot/foot and a half on each side of the bed. The bed was also really small for 2 people (we are pretty average size- husband is a big guy, but mostly just tall) The bathroom door bumps into the bed on one side. Slightly more room from the foot of the bed to the cabinet. Maybe this is everywhere in Amsterdam, but it was small compared to the other rooms we had in other cities in Europe. Even with the room size, I would consider another stay here.
3 night romance trip May 18, 2014
Holly
"Very nice location"
The hotel is perfectly located on the Main Street and within comfortable walking distance to all the tourist attractions. Also the rooms have a very contemporary look, clean and just the right space. Do not expect the typical hotel room size as in America. This is an old building in the center of Amsterdam that has been remodeled and therefore the rooms are small. At this point I want to give the staff of the hotel and in particular the room cleaning lady for having saved my girlfirend's and my passports, all our money, I Phone and all our belongings which were left by us in the safe by mistake. We had driven 3 hours before I realized we had left everything in the safe. I called them on a pay phone from Germany and they said they had everything there waiting for us. When we arrived, we found everything there. All the money to the last cent was accounted for. Cudos for the hotel staff's honesty. Definitely recommend this hotel, even before they returned all our belongings. This is where I will be sending everyone I know who is going to Amsterdam.
Other trip May 14, 2014
jose
"good location for a first time visitor"
The location was fantastic for a traveler coming to Amsterdam for the first time.Close to the Dam Station, transportation, dining and shopping.Hotel staff was hit or miss. Room was clean and comfortable. The bar in the hotel was never open. I didn't have the breakfast. Overall I would recommend, but after spending a few days in the city there are a few other areas I would prefer to stay in. Unfortunately the friendliest staff member I encountered was when I was checking out.
2 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Good location, but nothing special"
Booked this room last minute so can't complain about room options too much. Room was dark, tiny, smelled of smoke, and was difficult to get around in with 2 people and door to bathroom, door between bathroom and bed, and main door. Decor was nice, modern, and simple. Turned on shower in the morning and it was pointed directly at the door spraying me and the entire bathroom with freezing cold water, sure did wake me up. Don't recommend unless you are just looking for a nearby place to get a little sleep while in Amsterdam.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
"Right in the heart"
This was the perfect place for my stay in Amsterdam. Not the largest room by any means by just the right amenities to be the perfect place to come and crash for the night after busy days. And very close to the centre of town as well as having the tram right outside the door.
3 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
"close to dam square and good restaurants shopping"
loved it ! coming back in a week or so will def ck availabilityl at the Cordial
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
jeffrey thomas
"Good Location"
While there is no onsite parking there is Pink Parking right across the street (50 Euro/24 hrs). We had a 3-person room that was small even by European standards but clean. Modern bathroom. Staff very helpful. Leave keys at the counter when you go out. Hotel backs up to a modern shopping area that leads to old town within a few minutes walk. First thing you see is the Flower Market - absolutely awesome. So many stores, restaurants, bars, coffee bars and coffee shops. We walked everywhere - furthest was about 30 minute walk to the Van Gogh museum. Trams are plentiful.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Lyn
"Nothing fancy"
It was good for a night, just in and out of amsterdam for a meeting.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2014
Anna
"Good location and room, overpriced flat cab rate"
Hotel staff are pretty unfriendly, but my room was great. Not huge, but totally adequate. I had control over the heat, which is always nice in Europe in the fall/winter. They will call you a cab for a fixed 45 euro flat rate which seems pretty shady, so hail one on the street.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Lakshmi
"dont go to this hotel !!!"
I am spending around 60 nights a year in hotels, this hotel is the worst hotel I ever stayed !!!
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
"Nice Hotel with Good Location"
The Cordial Hotel was clean and comfortable with friendly, helpful front desk staff. The rate was a bit pricey and there were fewer amenities than what I'm used to (no breakfast, no frige in the room) but I suppose you're paying for the location as it is within walking distance of many tourist locations and has good public transit options.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013

"terrible service"
Miserable staff, tiny room but decent location
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
"Decent location, miserable staff and small room"
Miserable staff and poor conditions in hotel. Room was ok
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
"Good stay at nice enough hotel"
Nice stay in a clean, average hotel. Worth it for the location.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Ryan
"2 nights in Amsterdam"
We had 2 nights in Amsterdam. Great location. Although we were expecting the room to be small, we were suprised on how tiny the room actually was. Overall, good hotel. I would stay again.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great value for money"
After reading reviews of the hotel I was a little apprehensive about our stay. We found the hotel easily enough , less than a 5 min walk from Dam Square it's in a good location. I was shocked upon arrival that the hotel was a lot nicer than I had expected. The man on the desk who checked us in was very polite and professional. Our room was another pleasant surprise, I didn't expect a lot due to how little we payed for our stay but the room was clean, and more than adequate for our short stay. Coffee and tea making facilities were available as well as a safe. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great, easy to use and nice and powerful. The beds were comfortable but only one pillow to each side where I would prefer two. I'm sure f we had asked we may have been provided with extras. I booked for a queen room and we were given 2 twin beds pushed together which wasn't great but again we didn't bother to complain so I can't comment on whether or not this would have been corrected. Overall for the price I payed for the stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely consider it for future visits. If you expect 5* then you'll be disappointed however the hotel was rated 2-3* depending which site I looked on and I would say it was 3*. We only wanted the room as somewhere to sleep as we were there only for 2 nights and wanted to make the most of our time spending little of it in the hotel. It met all of our needs and value for money was fantastic.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Alana
"Cordial hotel dam square"
The convenience of the location is the main reason we come back here, the hotel is accomadating and clean and is perfect if you just need a room to stay in!
5 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"great hotel!"
the hotel was great and it was close to everything! we loved it's location. the room was very tiny for 3 people. the staff was amazing and very helpfull, they helped with every problem and question.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
ofir
"DONT BOOK HERE!!"
Worst hotel Ive ever been to in my life
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
"Maybe in the summer when the whether is hot!!"
Poor welcoming and service from reception with taxes to pay the minute you enter the hotel. No possibility to adjust the heater from the room (have to ask the reception to turn it on: in winter, it seems normal!! and they turn it off after a few hours). Windows are really thin (and old) so the air keeps coming in the room... which, by the way is really small (looks a lot bigger on pictures). The good point of this hotel: the location. Do not expect more!
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"Never seen such small single beds!!"
Basically they were charging us more than what I had agreed with Expedia and was advised to deal with Expedia when I got home and then the bedroom was tiny and children's single beds,
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Very noisy hotel"
Hotel was nice in every way apart from the noise mi was woken early every morning by the noise of people on the street, roadworks, the cleaners hoovering etc. the room was lovely and the location was great but I wouldn't stay here again because it's very difficult to sleep in this hotel
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
jan
"Very good"
Great location near dam square and was quiet during the night in the hotel. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
"clean tidy hotel"
The rooms are extremely small but tidy and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
My only complain would be about the bed which is too,too small in size as well as the bathroom. Can hardly move in the bathroom.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Tantry
"A1"
Worth its value would stop again Only moan is small pillows
2 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
"Nice location, friendly staff"
Extremely happy with the stay. I happen to reach the hotel at around 11pm as I was travelling from Paris to Amsterdam (by train). The staff at the reception was quite helpful, good thing about the treatment was the handing over of wifi password along with the room card (key). This was quite a refreshing surprise as this is the first thing a tourist would need to be at ease when outside the country. Recommend this hotel for Amsterdam.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Pradeep
"Location is wonderful!"
Great location walking distance to everything. Dam square and red light right around the corner. Rembrandt plein only 8 minute walk. Heineken experience, van gogh and vondell park 15 minute walk and all are must sees! Saw everything in two days but would have loved to stay longer. Front desk staff not unfriendly but not very inviting either. Rooms are very very smell pillows are awful. The location is what makes this a great stay!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
alicia
"Central city close to everything."
The hotel was very comfortable and close to all amenities, there were roadworks directly out front, but it didn't really interfere with our stay. Was in easy access to the main station, shopping and lovely restaurants bordering the canal.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Sandra
"Great location,only downside was our view !"
Great location,very clean, view was a brick wall so no natural light in the room.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Extreamly pleased with my stay here at the Cordial! Great location, easy to find, room was definatly up to standard and so was the service! Happy with what I got for what I paid!
3 night business trip May 10, 2014
HannahT
"Average"
Wasnt impressed and far too expensive. Only good thing is the location!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Good clean hotel very helpful staff"
Enjoyed our weekend stay, room cleaned and new towels every day. Do NOT buy food from supermarket next door there TOURIST prices are rediculously expensive.
Other trip May 5, 2014
jamie
"inaccurate description"
no bar, no lounge. room was tiny, maybe 6 inches speace between bed and wall. could not even get a coffee when i checked in. would not stay here again
3 night trip Apr 22, 2014
GeoffA
"Ideal location"
It was in an ideal location for the purpose of our visit. The choice of tea in the room was limited. If you like a cup of 'English Tea' then some milk would have been useful. Everybody at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Ron Cooper
"Dirtiest Floor Ever!"
Ok, so it's Amsterdam where everything is expensive & it makes the point that you get what you pay for BUT the floor of this particular room with the grit & dust felt like it has never been cleaned or mopped EVER! The staff was not the most helpful, the man at reception cut us in mid sentence as we asked a question after he received payment and walked off. Thankfully, this hotel was only a stop over sleep for the next leg of our journey & we were out the door @ 5am! WE WILL NOT be booking here ever again!!
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
ComeWeGo
"Great hotel minus dirty walls"
Best thing about this hotel is the location. 1 minute walk from Dam square! Our room was perfect expect the walls were filthy which was bizarre as everything else was modern and spotless. All they need is a wash down or a lick of paint so there really isn't any excuse. However this would not put me off returning again and I would still recommend this hotel.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"Very good!"
Brilliant location in the heart of Amsterdam! Great place to stay very clean room looked like it was brand new bathroom very clean! Definitley would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Great location just 10 min walk from the pubs,bars,clubs and coffee shops.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"First time in amsterdam"
First time in amsterdam. Check in was 2pm but we got to the hotel at 130 expecting to leave our bags and come back later. The check guy welcomed us and checked us in straight away. He was brilliant an even had a sense of humour! He gave us the wifi password without asking and some free maps. The room was a good size. Perfect for 2 people and ok for 3 people like out group. The bathroom was amazing! Shower huge and very clean! The beds were the comfiest I've ever slept in and the black out curtains perfect. Rooms cleaned everyday and new towels too. I was nervous as it said a 10 minute walk to the dam but I'd call that 3 minutes! Hotel was quiet which was perfect to sleep. Overall I recommend this 10 out of 10! We didn't try the breakfast as we wanted to try different cafés but I heard it was good. We went in a small group but I saw a mix of families, groups and couples. I WILL be using this hotel again and recommend it to everyone!!!
Other trip Feb 26, 2014