All hotels in Cannon Beach, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here888 S Hemlock St, Cannon Beach, OR, 97110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Just steps from the beach at Haystack Rock"
My husband and I spent four days at Cannon Beach, Oregon, and the McBee Cottages was the perfect place to stay. Our affordable "junior suite" cottage had a kitchen (stove, fridge, microwave) and living room, plus bedroom, bath and even a working fireplace. Best of all, it was just 162 steps (by actual count) to the beach! Nothing fancy -- this is "shabby chic" at best -- but ideal for a beach-y getaway in comfortable surroundings. The place is pet-friendly, but we saw/smelled no evidence of previous doggy occupants. The room was refreshed daily, the bed was comfortable -- and did I mention the proximity to the beach and the short walk to the amazing wildlife area at Haystack Rock?
4 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Christine
"not recommented"
not cottages no water pressure for shower
3 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Wonderful, quiet spot a block from the beach"
Cute little room with shared courtyard including firepit. only 10 units so it is very private. Half a block walk to the beach through private road access. Modern decor and amenities as well as gas fireplace make for a romantic hideaway.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Adam
My family and I had a great experience and the staff were very nice. It could have been a little nicer in the room for the price. But overall very good.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Cozy and Homelike"
The cottages are cozy, clean, comfortable, and warm this winter, with fireplaces that really provide heat. Extras include access to the Cannon Beach Hotel fireplace room and fresh cookies. So close to the beach and to downtown. Awesome. Coming back in a few months.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Laurie
"Better for the summer"
We arrived in the middle of a Pacific NW storm -- cold, windy, rainy. Our place (not a separate cottage, but the largest unit in a one-floor motel-type structure built in 1941) turned out to be the only one that hadn't been updated recently. It had a painted concrete floor, with a couple of area rugs, but basically a very cold floor and cold drafts blowing from the living room windows. Heat was provided by a wall heater and a fireplace. The kitchen stove didn't work, though the other appliances in the spacious kitchen were fine. The bathroom was pretty tight, but clean and adequate. The bedroom was pleasant but small -- not much real hanging space for clothes. In fact, much of the decor and the furniture were spartan; the couch needed to be replaced. To be fair, we were offered another unit when we complained, but the other units were much smaller, and we decided to stick it out in number 37. Basically, this would be a fine little place in the summer -- a short walk to the beach and to all the shops in Cannon Beach. It was just so cold . . . .
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Sue
"Cozy cottage room steps from the beach."
Romantic and cozy. Walk to the beach in a minute.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great place to vacation with my puppies!"
They thought of everything for the dogs, including a towel to clean them off when we got off the beach and a blanket specifically for the dogs. The room was very cozy and very clean and surpassed my expectations!
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
Arianna
"Cute Cottage Near the Beach"
Lovely stay, albeit small. It is a cottage with a comfortable bed and kitchenette which met our needs. It is very well kept and nicely appointed.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Judgemenet
"Perfect location, charming, pet friendly"
Perfect location, charming town, comfortable room, pet friendly... had all we were looking for! We had a wonderful, very enjoyable stay here. You can walk half a block to the beach, a block to a great coffee place for your morning coffee and pastry. (Highly recommend Sleepy Monk coffee -- you can take your dog there and sit outside on the porch). We had a wonderful dinner 2 doors down at Newmans 988. (Highly recommend for a nice, special occasion dinner.) The hotel room was great -- very comfortable bed, microwave/frig/coffee maker, a little freestanding gas fireplace which added cozy atmosphere. Nice also to have a DVD player. We bought the movie The Goonies before leaving on vacation, and brought it with us and watched it while we were there. Parts of it were filmed in Cannon Beach. Still a great movie after all these years! This hotel is charming, quaint, clean, quiet and well-maintained, with good service, and reasonable rates. I would highly recommend it to anyone, but especially those traveling with a canine companion.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Loranddax
"Quaint, clean, dog friendly, 1block from beach"
Perfect little 50s style motel. Recent updates and comfy rooms. Dog perfect just 1 block from beach. Close to Sleepy Monk's great site roasted coffee and friendly staff. Comfy beds! Perfect solo or couple get away.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Keith
"Warm and Cozy."
We love staying at the McBee cottages! The rooms are warm and rustic. The atmosphere is perfect a weekend at the ocean. We certainly will stay there again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Brian "Yak"
"Reallynice"
Perfect place for I and our little dog. We got the bigger room and although the rooms are well appointed and ours was actually 2 rooms with no door, I had a hard time imaging the fily if three next door being comfortable. I also wouldn't want to a have a large dog there. Beautiful and very small. Our particular room needed a new mattress even though they have an entire page on their special mattresses. Very nice service. I wpuld recommend McBee cottages!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Cute cottage close to the beach"
We stayed one night in Cannon Beach. The cottages were very close to the beach and less than quarter mile walk to Haystack Rock. Free chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate were a nice touch at check in!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Courtney
"Fantastic"
Great stay, pet friendly, wonderful location and staff
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"We always stay here when we visit Cannon Beach."
Close to the beach. Pet friendly. Clean comfortable and cozy. :-)
Other trip Oct 10, 2013

Great location. The cottage is situated half a block from the beach and close to the Hayatack rock. The cottage smelled like dog and it is a bit runned down but has the all essentials. Cannon beach is a great though.
2 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
"Nice and close to beach"
We were disappointed that we only had a microwave and no other cooking facilities. I guess we should have specified that we wanted a kitchenette, but assumed we would have one. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the gas fireplace was wonderful.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for McBee Cottages

"Pet friendly----YES!!!!!"
06/21/15 Aileen W Puyallup, Washington
Our stay at the McBee Cottages has been our most dog-friendly lodging adventure ever. They are TRULY set up for pets. Many times we get squished into some little room that is the only one that has been specified as "pet friendly", and the room is a dump. But McBee's went out of their way to make sure everything was really nice, and they have obviously anticipated the pets, too. Would not hesitate for a moment to stay here again. The ocean beach is just feet away....and very convenient for everything in the heart of Cannon Beach.
"Retro cottages"
06/21/15 Tomi H
Great blue cottages 1 block from the beach. Let friendly rooms. Been staying there for yrs and love it. Its pretty basic but you spend your time on the beach so it's great. Fire pit and grills on the middle area
"Perfect location, a short walk from the crowds of the shops and restaurants and blocks from Haystack Rock"
06/02/15 Sara R Portland, Oregon
This was our first stay at the McBee Cottages. The rooms are cozy and clean, and ideal for a weekend getaway. It was great to be able to park the car and not have to hassle with finding parking for the beach or town on a crowded holiday weekend. Although we had great weather for our 3 days, I did notice there was quite a DVD collection to pass time on those not so sunny Oregon coast days. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Cannon Beach.
"Tired....."
05/15/15 leslie t
Small low ceilings and older property but on ocean side of things. I'm sure it might be fine for summer but family its a little tired and tight. We were in unti 37 and toilet didn't work well and floor plan is funky. Had coughing person in unit next to us so that certainly didn't help. If we hadn't prepaid we would have left, for sure.. Gal behind the desk gave us a bag of granola when we checked out!
"Lovely gettaway"
05/13/15 Panciee Hillsboro, Oregon
I had not been on vacation since August of 2011. I enjoyed my 3 night stay with McBees as it was homey and clean. My dog Camille felt at home and enjoyed her stay as well. The beach was close and nice to not have to drive anywhere.
"ANNUAL CANNON BEACH GET-AWAY"
05/11/15 Dana A Sammamish, Washington
We love staying at McBee Cottages! We just spent our 3rd spring get-away there and was once again were very happy with the accommodations, location and pet-friendly atmosphere. A block from the beach, close enough to walk to town and the best coffee nearby (Sleepy Monk) and burgers (Brew & Screw). Can't wait for next year!!
"McBee Cottages"
04/22/15 Triva I Sacramento, California
This place was lovely! So close to the beach and just a really cute place. Loved watching the free movies - you need to borrow The Goonies when you go there :) It was raining while we were there but the fire pit in the garden looked like a nice place to sit and relax.
"Lovely seaside charm!"
04/14/15 ashnpearson Miami, Florida
The McBee cottages were great -- from the friendly greeting of the receptionist at the Cannon Beach Hotel to arriving in our room to find a basket with some goodies for our dog to use for the weekend! Our room was quaint and cozy and perfect for a couple not needing a lot of space. The cottage was one block from the beautiful beach and in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Our room did not have a kitchenette but it at least had good coffee from a local roaster! I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a tiny charming seaside cottage for a weekend getaway!
"Room okay, customer service is lacking"
04/11/15 Tim568 Seattle, Washington
The funny thing is that they have a sign behind the counter that says, "Only nice people work here." The trouble started after I booked, they called me up to tell me they had to cancel my reservation because they didn't have a room big enough for my wife, two small children and myself. I told them if that was the case then why was I able to book one of their cottages on Hotels.com. They said it was a mistake, but they would honor the booking. I believe that it was because of the kids. Not the way you want to start a vacation. The other big complaint is their check in/ check out policy. We got to the hotel @ 245 pm and they said we had to wait till 4pm to check in, no sooner. The problem that I have with this is that the cleaners were there the next morning @8 am and you know that they do not let anybody check out later then 10pm. The last customer service issue that we encountered was that my wife brought my one year old to the main hotel bathroom to change his diaper while we were waiting for our room key, @around 330 , the lady behind the counter very rudely told my wife that the restrooms were for guests only. My wife told her that she was a guest and that if she had given us our room key earlier than she wouldn't need to change the baby in their guest bathroom. I am all about service, and that is why I give this hotel 1 star.
"Wonderful, relaxing hospitable"
03/05/15 dianne b exeter
We spent 3 nights at mc bee cottages, and will recommend anyone who is thinking of staying there to book now, the hosts are very friendly and helpful. The cottages are quaint and very clean with wonderful fires, and are decorated to enhance the area ... Within easy walk to a spectacular beach that you can photograph for hours, stunning rock formation with wildlife, and huge growths of shellfish crabs starfish and anenamies.