All hotels in Cannon Beach, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here888 S Hemlock St, Cannon Beach, OR, 97110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cozy and Homelike"
The cottages are cozy, clean, comfortable, and warm this winter, with fireplaces that really provide heat. Extras include access to the Cannon Beach Hotel fireplace room and fresh cookies. So close to the beach and to downtown. Awesome. Coming back in a few months.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Laurie
"Better for the summer"
We arrived in the middle of a Pacific NW storm -- cold, windy, rainy. Our place (not a separate cottage, but the largest unit in a one-floor motel-type structure built in 1941) turned out to be the only one that hadn't been updated recently. It had a painted concrete floor, with a couple of area rugs, but basically a very cold floor and cold drafts blowing from the living room windows. Heat was provided by a wall heater and a fireplace. The kitchen stove didn't work, though the other appliances in the spacious kitchen were fine. The bathroom was pretty tight, but clean and adequate. The bedroom was pleasant but small -- not much real hanging space for clothes. In fact, much of the decor and the furniture were spartan; the couch needed to be replaced. To be fair, we were offered another unit when we complained, but the other units were much smaller, and we decided to stick it out in number 37. Basically, this would be a fine little place in the summer -- a short walk to the beach and to all the shops in Cannon Beach. It was just so cold . . . .
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Sue
"Cozy cottage room steps from the beach."
Romantic and cozy. Walk to the beach in a minute.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great place to vacation with my puppies!"
They thought of everything for the dogs, including a towel to clean them off when we got off the beach and a blanket specifically for the dogs. The room was very cozy and very clean and surpassed my expectations!
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
Arianna
"Cute Cottage Near the Beach"
Lovely stay, albeit small. It is a cottage with a comfortable bed and kitchenette which met our needs. It is very well kept and nicely appointed.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Perfect location, charming, pet friendly"
Perfect location, charming town, comfortable room, pet friendly... had all we were looking for! We had a wonderful, very enjoyable stay here. You can walk half a block to the beach, a block to a great coffee place for your morning coffee and pastry. (Highly recommend Sleepy Monk coffee -- you can take your dog there and sit outside on the porch). We had a wonderful dinner 2 doors down at Newmans 988. (Highly recommend for a nice, special occasion dinner.) The hotel room was great -- very comfortable bed, microwave/frig/coffee maker, a little freestanding gas fireplace which added cozy atmosphere. Nice also to have a DVD player. We bought the movie The Goonies before leaving on vacation, and brought it with us and watched it while we were there. Parts of it were filmed in Cannon Beach. Still a great movie after all these years! This hotel is charming, quaint, clean, quiet and well-maintained, with good service, and reasonable rates. I would highly recommend it to anyone, but especially those traveling with a canine companion.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Loranddax
"Quaint, clean, dog friendly, 1block from beach"
Perfect little 50s style motel. Recent updates and comfy rooms. Dog perfect just 1 block from beach. Close to Sleepy Monk's great site roasted coffee and friendly staff. Comfy beds! Perfect solo or couple get away.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Keith
"Warm and Cozy."
We love staying at the McBee cottages! The rooms are warm and rustic. The atmosphere is perfect a weekend at the ocean. We certainly will stay there again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Brian "Yak"
"Reallynice"
Perfect place for I and our little dog. We got the bigger room and although the rooms are well appointed and ours was actually 2 rooms with no door, I had a hard time imaging the fily if three next door being comfortable. I also wouldn't want to a have a large dog there. Beautiful and very small. Our particular room needed a new mattress even though they have an entire page on their special mattresses. Very nice service. I wpuld recommend McBee cottages!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Cute cottage close to the beach"
We stayed one night in Cannon Beach. The cottages were very close to the beach and less than quarter mile walk to Haystack Rock. Free chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate were a nice touch at check in!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Courtney
"Fantastic"
Great stay, pet friendly, wonderful location and staff
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"We always stay here when we visit Cannon Beach."
Close to the beach. Pet friendly. Clean comfortable and cozy. :-)
Other trip Oct 10, 2013

"Nice and close to beach"
We were disappointed that we only had a microwave and no other cooking facilities. I guess we should have specified that we wanted a kitchenette, but assumed we would have one. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the gas fireplace was wonderful.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for McBee Cottages

"McBee Cottages"
04/22/15 Triva I Sacramento, California
This place was lovely! So close to the beach and just a really cute place. Loved watching the free movies - you need to borrow The Goonies when you go there :) It was raining while we were there but the fire pit in the garden looked like a nice place to sit and relax.
"Lovely seaside charm!"
04/14/15 ashnpearson Miami, Florida
The McBee cottages were great -- from the friendly greeting of the receptionist at the Cannon Beach Hotel to arriving in our room to find a basket with some goodies for our dog to use for the weekend! Our room was quaint and cozy and perfect for a couple not needing a lot of space. The cottage was one block from the beautiful beach and in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Our room did not have a kitchenette but it at least had good coffee from a local roaster! I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a tiny charming seaside cottage for a weekend getaway!
"Room okay, customer service is lacking"
04/11/15 Tim568 Seattle, Washington
The funny thing is that they have a sign behind the counter that says, "Only nice people work here." The trouble started after I booked, they called me up to tell me they had to cancel my reservation because they didn't have a room big enough for my wife, two small children and myself. I told them if that was the case then why was I able to book one of their cottages on Hotels.com. They said it was a mistake, but they would honor the booking. I believe that it was because of the kids. Not the way you want to start a vacation. The other big complaint is their check in/ check out policy. We got to the hotel @ 245 pm and they said we had to wait till 4pm to check in, no sooner. The problem that I have with this is that the cleaners were there the next morning @8 am and you know that they do not let anybody check out later then 10pm. The last customer service issue that we encountered was that my wife brought my one year old to the main hotel bathroom to change his diaper while we were waiting for our room key, @around 330 , the lady behind the counter very rudely told my wife that the restrooms were for guests only. My wife told her that she was a guest and that if she had given us our room key earlier than she wouldn't need to change the baby in their guest bathroom. I am all about service, and that is why I give this hotel 1 star.
"Wonderful, relaxing hospitable"
03/05/15 dianne b exeter
We spent 3 nights at mc bee cottages, and will recommend anyone who is thinking of staying there to book now, the hosts are very friendly and helpful. The cottages are quaint and very clean with wonderful fires, and are decorated to enhance the area ... Within easy walk to a spectacular beach that you can photograph for hours, stunning rock formation with wildlife, and huge growths of shellfish crabs starfish and anenamies.
"Quaint and cozy complex!"
02/22/15 Linda C
We are older and bring our little dog! It is very accessible for us as far as parking and walk- ability! We had an issue with our TV which was taken care the next morning and we were given vouchers for breakfast for the inconvenience! Helpful and welcoming staff! We love this
"Beautiful room, fantastic location!"
02/19/15 BennettTravels Portland, Oregon
Initially we booked our stay at the Cannon Beach Hotel but were notified we couldn't bring our baby, since there is a 16 and over age policy. However Linda was amazing and turned a negative into a positive by booking us at the McBee Cottages. We had a beautiful - cozy room (#35) perfect for a small family, free wifi, plus it was walking distance to the beach and the main strip. Room decor was charming, shower was wonderful and the gas fireplace was a nice touch. The mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were a plus. Would definitely come back again and refer friends and family.
"Quaint Hotel/Cottage a block from the beach"
02/17/15 Adam B Kirkland, Washington
We stayed over Valentines/President's day weekend. Our dog was very welcome here and we felt like we had our own private beach entrance that was just a half a block away. Room had modern, updated interiors/bedding/etc. Gas fireplace was a wonderful touch. Communal bonfire pit in the yard was awesome too!
"Great experience"
01/06/15 Lindsay I Renton, Washington, United States
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and got us checked into our room quickly. Our room was so comfortable and warm, even though it was pretty cold outside when we visited in December. We were impressed with the quality of the housekeeping and the thoughtful touches, like a set of clean dishes to use, coffee maker with local coffee provided, and eco-friendly toiletries. The location is great. The hotel is just off a beach access road - great for planning a beach campfire! The free cookies, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the lobby were great after cold walks on the beach! We can't wait to stay again - thanks!
"Cute, quaint and allows my dog."
11/30/14 Shelly H Bend, Oregon
We stayed here in November of this year (2014) and it was super stormy. Our tv kept cutting out, but other than that, it was nice and warm with the electric fire place. We loved out one night stay. :) Even my 13 year old lab was comfortable and had treats waiting for him!
"Just ok. Location is the best part "
11/12/14 Liz P
Our most recent visit to cannon beach ended up at Mcbee cottages. We decided to stay there so we could bring our chiweenie along. When we arrived, the room wasn't quite ready, so we took a nice walk on the beach. The location is amazing. After entering the room, we were greeted with a sweet basket for our pet with a blanket, towel, food dish and doggie bone, which our doggie appreciated very much. The room was not yet renovated, and it showed. While not bad, it was nothing special. The furniture was comfy, the bed was fine, but the bathroom only had a shower,which was very small. I am only 115 lbs, so I can imagine a grown man not feeling comfy in this room. Oh, the room is number 37. The biggest problem was the heating. I read other people saying they had this issue too, so believe it. The heat is a wall unit with a thermostat. There was an additional thermostat on the wall that had no function that we could see. If you wanted to close the bedroom door, it was freezing because there is no separate heat in there. The room was in need of repair too. Nothing major, but disappointing. The shower and kitchen needed caulking replaced. It is a small thing that would make a nice difference. I guess the best thing about the room is the location to the beach and sleepy monk coffee. Even so, I would not stay there again. The courtyard was much nicer but didn't allow pets. If you don't mind a room that needs a bit of work, or you can handle the room either feeling like the arctic or the surface of the sun hot, it's a decent place. The owner is very nice and gracious. We ended up leaving one day earlier than we paid for because I was not comfortable in the room. I recently had surgery and wanted to recover at the beach so that was disappointing.