All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Quite clean
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
"value for money"
we stayed one night got restful sleep and found the room clean and the manager pleasent.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
taranjit
"Good place for a layover and rest"
It was a small motel, but they made themselves available to me when I arrived at 3am. Staff was available, but not intrusive. The "deluxe" room, I believe meant non-smoking.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2015
Tracey L
"Acceptable for the price"
Upon check-in, front desk claims that they don't have my reservation. Then they checked expedia website and found that indeed three days ago I booked a room for 4 nights. I think they end up cancelling someone else's reservation later that week. I booked a room with King sized bed, which you might have guessed, I didn't end up with. They gave me a room with two good sized beds, which is standard for most hotel rooms. It's quite close to a main road so a little bit noisy, and you can definitely hear people next door. It is a motel, so things are a bit outdated. I was glad that I brought my own towel since some of those they provided had turned yellow. But I can tell people working there are working very hard to keep the place as clean and pleasant as possible. Front desk people were super friendly, and house keeping was very nice.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Cheapest hotel around"
You get what you pay for. This is the cheapest hotel around. King size bed which is about 90% of the room. Breakfast is a muffin , yogurt and a juice box.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Timothy
"Functional motel, reasonable price"
Very functional motel. Non-smoking room smelled smokey, but it faded. Great that it had microwave and refrigerator; sad it did not have any provision for hanging up clothes. Manager very personable and helpful.
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Not very clean and not worth the price"
When I paid $80+ for this motel, I was expecting it is really good. The motel is good, but not clean, and apparently not worth $80+. You can see the stains on the sheets. For such a motel in the United State, $50 would be the most.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Clean and inexpensive"
An inexpensive hotel always compromises something. What I appreciate about Beacon Hill Motel is that they did not compromise cleanliness. The construction of the space is underwhelming--power strips are used for electricity, the room can be drafty in January, the curtains are thin, the faucet was temperamental, and as others have stated there is no deadbolt system. But the room was clean and the neighborhood was safe, so I was happy. They give you a complimentary brown-bag breakfast. As a bonus, the motel is right next door to a fantastic Malaysian restaurant.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"nice place with affordable price"
The motel staff is nice and helpful. The room is super warm during the snow storm...
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Jianxun
"A pleasant surprise"
Very nice, large room
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Not a good one to stay with family"
Not a good one to stay with family. No security, not clean, doors are broken and cannot be locked from inside, neighbors are not good, overal had worst experience in life staying there. Although booked for 7 days, left after a night.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
sam
"Not for someone in a wheelchair"
I was told that it was wheelchair accessible, but they didn't tell me that there was only one small ramp to the room walkway, and getting through the door was a chore......for a person in an electric wheelchair with onlt the ability to "shift" when required, the bathroom certainly did not allow for usage......no bars or poles to hoid on to in order to access the toilet. So if you are confiened mostly to a wheelchair, this is definitely not for you, regardless of what the booking company tries to tell you. Otherwise, for a normal walking person/s, it quite nice.
7 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Governor
"Overall a very good experience."
I totally enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider this motel to stay next time I visit Ottawa. It's less expensive and we got everything in our room. Rooms very prwtty clean and service was good too. Overall a very good experience for me.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
shailee
"Great first visit to Ottawa!"
My friend and I chose this Motel due to it's location and price. It was an easy commute to both downtown Ottawa and the airport. The facilities were great! Nice sized room and comfortable amenities. The staff were very friendly and understanding since this was my first visit to Canada. I would go again!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
YesCyre
"We just could not stay, smoke filled rooms"
We checked out 3 different non-smoking rooms, and the smell of cigarette smoke was just overwhelming in all of them, we just could not stay.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
allergic to smoke
"Cheap, kind of safe, very close to city center"
Most Ottawa hotels are most expensive hotels. We wanted to have hotel just to sleep for 6 hours and did not want spend too much money. This hotel is cheap, and very close to most of Ottawa attraction(city center is around 10 mins drive). But that is it about good stuff. There is no dead lock from inside of room. Just the lock which you open from outside. They do give breakfast but its just brown bag you collect from office. Bag contains muffin,yogurt and juice. You take it back to your room and eat! Neighborhood was ok. Hotel area is well lit and open. Hotel room were ok and clean. We just wanted hotel for nite. We were traveling without kids.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Andy
"It's OK for economic travel"
This hotel is meet the requirement for economic travel. They give your a breakfast bag which has yoghourt putting and fruit juice. The hotel is clean and staff is polite and interesting. It's OK for an economic hotel. I'll recommend the hotel to the economic travelers.
Other trip May 27, 2014
The neighboring rooms occupants are noisy...
Other trip May 3, 2014
"good clean room"
the motel is a short drive from the center of ottawa. the rooms are all very clean and well kept. it is not luxurious accommodations, but very comfortable and i would happily stay here again if passing through ottawa.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"strange experience"
Location was good for us. Not too far from the city. Room was very small, we booked for four and it had two twin beds. Not too shabby, but heater was very old and blew dust when you turn it on. Breakfast is a joke: Stale maffins and not even a cofee. I would not go to this one again.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
"nice motel"
The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant located next to the motel was good too.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"you get what you pay for"
the good... the pillows,fridge, free water bottle and bagged breakfast. the bad... no thermostat. sink handle falls off. shower water tap upside down. bed was like sleeping in a sinkhole. curtains were see thru. could here furnace 'fire-up' in a room down the hall. no plugin in the bathroom. walls wafer thin. very dated...
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
david
All around good...good price and nice and quite.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2016
Exior
"Spend more and get a better hotel. Service Sucks"
The first night we checked in, it was alright. The room was a little small but it was still workable. The breakfast is a joke. We thought it was a proper breakfast, as the website suggested but it was a brown paper bag of mini yogurt, muffin and apple juice. Honestly, nothing more than a grade schooler's lunch box. However it was warm which was helpful because that weekend was very cold. The next day we got a replacement of towels, but they didn't clean the floor. We brushed it off as an oversight, but the third day they didn't make the bed at all. I called and asked for a cleaner and left so they could do it, but when I got back, I noticed that nothing was done. On the customer service aspect, they lose a lot of points. I'll suggest that you should add some more money and visit a higher end hotel, for your personal peace of mind.
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
Tolu
"Small but comfortable"
Staff was very friendly, room was small but clean and in the price range we were looking for.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
"Worst Motel EVER"
This was by far the worst motel we've ever stayed in! We arrived after 3 pm and checked into a freezing room!! It had a very old fashioned window AC/Heating unit that was NOT turned on. Outside temperature was -10; room was -12. They turned it on after we complained, and gave us a space heater; an hour and a half later, it was still very cold. Then we were moved to another much warmer room; same old heating unit. We could not sleep at night from how noisy this heating unit was. It kept turning on and off every MINUTE. I DO NOT recommend this motel to anyone! And we will definitely NEVER go back there ever again. Oh, and the breakfast!!! A paper lunch bag with a muffin, fruit yogurt, and juice box plus a water bottle. You could actually take your breakfast the night before if you'd like.
1 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2016
"Stay at Beacon Motel"
When we arrived we found that our nonsmoking room smelled of cigarettes which lingered through our entire stay. Even though the staff gave us an air filter the smell was still very strong. There were also no available rooms for us to stay in otherwise. The room was clean, but upon unpacking our things we found old dirty clothes in one of the cupboards. The clothes seemed to have been there for many days, maybe even weeks. It was incredibily disgusting.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Joslyn
Our stay was very peaceful and relaxing we enjoyed our time at this motel. We plan to return as soon as we can
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
"Misrepresentation of Room Quality"
Room was adequate, but was booked online as a King deluxe. I was informed on checking in that there were no deluxe rooms with a king bed. The designation on the site is deceptive and should be removed.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
"Nice for a motel"
Motels have always sketched me out but this one was nice and clean. The bed is too big for the room size but we only really needed a place to sleep so it didn't matter. Good location. Nice, extremely clean microwave in the room. The temperature was too cold during the day and slightly too hot at night. Good for the price and very nice for a motel.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
njones
"Beacon Hill"
Stayed while on business and will stay again!
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Stinky place"
Taps didn't work properly. Room stunk as if they had tried to mask the smell of smoking. Bed linen too small for bed & stained. Garbage bins outside full & stinking. Breakfast consisted of stale muffin yogurt & juice in paper bag. Hand basin falling off the wall. Nearly scalded myself trying to get the shower taps to work properly. Person in reception when we arrived smelled of body odour & wore an old singlet. Yuk yuk!!!!!!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Aussie
"Don't waste your money !!!"
Dirty and disgusting . Wifi wasn't working and we received only a muffin and a juice box for breakfast !!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
maya
"Beacon Hill"
Stayed while on business and will stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Beacon Hill Motel"
Stayed while on business. Price was very good, staff was very good. I had a room with a great A/C unit. I will stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Clean and good value"
Room was clean and spacious. Represents good value for the price.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Clean, basic with a good price"
The rooms were basic, but very clean and the beds were firm but comfortable. We planned to be out all day and most of the evening so didn't spend much time other than sleeping in the room. I would go back as the price was good too.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Jodi
"traveler"
Too much for the price.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Well Priced Motel!"
Once you get over the fact that it's a motel in a distant part of town with bare bones features and services it was OK. We stayed for 3 nights - comfortable bed, the cleaning lady did a great job and it was very quiet at night. We would stay again - great rate. They are renovating all the rooms.
3 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"Bare bones and no frills but served me well"
Needed a room last minute and this was one of the only places with a vacancy. The hotel itself is dated but the manager was great and went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
tatboy
"would never stay here again"
very disappointing stay. long black hairs found all over the bed, paper peeling from the wall, no remote control for the tv, so only 1 channel to watch. one of the white towels was a shade of "grey". no air conditioning. was pretty quiet, so that's the one positive point I have.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
"get away"
The worst motel and worst service from management
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Murad
"Living Comfortably With Antique Air-conditioner!"
The overall experience was great, considering the limited budget we had. Big parking space. Friendly staff. The only thing that ruined the stay was the antique airconditioner, which was barely breathing.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
miano
"Nice motel, convenient transportation"
I only stay two nights there, everything is fine!
Other trip May 14, 2015
Students
Great location Easy access to the city Good amenities - basic, clean & comfy
Other trip May 6, 2015
Bern & Rhiannon
"Okay"
Although many people said it would be cold, after turning on the A/C, it got worm in about one hour (considering -27C realfeel outside). But definitely the motel requires renovation. A/C, although worked well, was partially uncovered. The door had some gap. As a whole, it is okay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
The hotel is located on the main road, its kind of noisy, the room i got was not well ventilated , they need to put air fresher, it smelt as if it being a long time that someone slept in the room.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Good value for money"
We were pleasantly surprised with this motel. It was the cheapest accommodation we had booked and it was very comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
We liked our stay, room was lovely,clean and warm great bed hard to leave, staff was awesome
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
"We will be back!"
We had to find a place in Ottawa last minute and we were very happy to find this place. The motel is very clean and comfortable. The host were very accommodating to us. A no frills place that included a breakfast bag for each of us. The motel is close to a cafe and many restaurants. Best of all is the price is very reasonable. We will be back.
Rodney
"Plasant"
Enjoyed my short stay at the motel it was pleassant
Other trip Jan 29, 2015