All hotels in Seminyak, Indonesia

Delicious food
    Room is all right
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Nice Villa - close to beach and great shopping."
Awesome first 5 days - then a squad of young guys and gals moved into the next Villa - partying till 5am! The staff did what they could but made our last 4 nights challenging - we eventually got a Villa switch - but was closer to road. Parties or traffic noise? Staff were very kind and the Villas driver was fantastic.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Nicole
"nice villa at affordable price"
Great location, a bunch nice restaurant just across the road. But often quite hot (even with air cond). Hot water shower is not consistent. Door bell should be loud enough to be heard in the bedroom.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
fat guy n girl
MY

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

4 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Feng-Ju
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Amasya Villas

"Bali High!"
03/31/16 Bolongkoy Danville, California
We were in Bali in October 2015 for a wedding Tea Ceremony and were booked at the Amasya Villas. A short drive from the airport and we were there in less than 30 minutes. Despite the many restaurants, bars and shops just outside the resort's gate, there was a quiet atmosphere within it's gates...and even more within your villa. Each villa has it's own private pool, breakfast area and lounging deck. The rooms are large and very comfortable with spacious bathrooms. Beautiful architecture with good attention to details making one feel relaxed and feeling like you're at your second home in tropical paradise. Breakfast is prepared in your own villa after selecting from a menu the night before - a touch of class indeed. The staff were very friendly, accommodating and most courteous. I have more plans to return to Bali to explore some more of this beautiful place. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
"Average but not satisfying"
02/26/16 Benjamin C
The room is relatively spacious considering the downtown location, but amenity just acceptable level. The service is so so, breakfast quality does not live up to the price we pay. This could be a good option only for those who are looking for "a big Villa in shopping area". I would not consider spending my money this way again
"We did NOT want to leave this place"
02/06/16 Daryatmo H
A MUST STAY VILLA PROS: SUPER FRIENDLY staff. they went above and beyond. Free shuttle to the airport (like 24/7), Free wifi (but really, who needs wifi when you're in bali, you're missing your trip if you're too depending on it). many attraction around the area as walking distance. Free breakfast, Super clean, spacious, room makes pleasant romantic stay.( the Lightning, ambiance, the room structures, etc. ). Gorgeous bathroom CONS: NOT enough vacation days (Would definitely recommend this place)
"Quite impressive..."
02/01/16 Ed S
A very spacious 1 bedroom villa in Bali. It's on the main busy street of Seminyak but really quiet cos the villas are built inside the huge compound inside. Btw they have a huge land. Pros: 1. free airport transfer, to and fro 2. free wifi 3. free breakfast. the cook cooks for you at the villa every morning 4. late check out, at least for us. 5. provide massage in your villa 6. huge and beautiful bathroom 7. quite huge private pool Cons: 1. a lot of mosquito... it was the season during my stay 2. wifi signal not strong enough in my villa 3. can improve on cleanliness
"Amasya Villas January 2016"
01/12/16 iwme Adelaide, Australia
We stayed at Amasya Villas in January 2016. In 5 years we have visited Bali 5 times, always staying in Villas in Seminyak (three other Villas). This is the first time we have stayed at Amasya. The pros: The location on JL Laksmana in the heart of Seminyak's boutique and restaurant strip is perfect. The staff at the Villas were very friendly and helpful. They would follow up on requests very quickly. The layout and presentation of the complex is beautiful. The main pool and café/bar looks good. The Villa we stayed in looked good. The 'in Villa' breakfast, cooked by staff was fantastic. The cons: The complex, on closer inspection, is run down. The air conditioner in our Villa did not work for our first night. This was replaced the following day. This should have been checked before we arrived. The new unit was better but still did not cool the room sufficiently. This made sleep less than easy. The Villa itself was very run down: The lock on the main entrance could have been tricked open by a determined 5 year old. The pool was dirty- the tiles in the pool had a green tinge to them that could be wiped off with gentle scrubbing. The decking around the pool was broken / loose. The pool lost level every day (topped up manually by staff when we requested). Consequently it had a dirty look to the water as it was not skimming. This was shown with greater clarity when the pool light was on at night- giving us second thoughts about swimming in it at all. The cascade wall into the pool had been taken out of service- it would appear this was quite some time ago. My guess, this is probably due to maintenance issues. Staff were 'laid back' about security- failing to lock up after servicing the Villa. This is the first complex we've stayed at that does not 'fog' for mosquitos. When I asked about this, I was given a can of insect spray. Mosquitos were very bad- far, far greater than I've seen them before. Reception were not able to provide me with a 'Do not disturb' sign. My fault- I do not speak Indonesian, but it's not really an unusual request. WIFI did not work for the first 7 of 9 days. Reception consistently advised me that this had been reported and they were waiting for it to be repaired. I understand Bali is Bali, but WIFI is everywhere. Overall, the Amasya Villas look good from the outside, but fail to live up to their appearance. We will not be staying there again.
"Friendly staff but otherwise unsatisfactory"
01/04/16 David G Perth, Australia
We stayed over the Xmas break for 7 days. The breakfast was reasonable, however the menu was very limited. The pool in the Villa was only just clean and not inviting. Green algae around the verge tiles!! In addition, as a 70 year old, I had difficulty getting out of the pool as the only step was very high. I decided to use the main bar pool however that too was disappointing.The surrounds were dirty and needed a good sweeping and the pool furniture was covered so it could not be used. The vegetation around the pool needed to be pruned back for easier access. When I queried with the staff about the conditions, (2 of whom were resting in the shade) I was advised that none of these things were required as no one came to the pool. ( I suggested "build it and they will come" however that went straight over their heads) Very poor WiFi was an issue. In addition Mosquitoes were in charge of the outdoor areas in the Villa. When I enquired as to what days they "Fogged for Mosquitoes", they said regularly, however it did not happen in the week we were there. Instead on one occasion after continual complaints, they arranged for just our Villa to be sprayed with a Mister. I advised that they needed to do the whole complex, however this did not occur. Consequently the Mosquitoes were back within a couple of hours. The air conditioned bedroom was fine as long as we only wanted to use one of the sliding doors.The other had come off the rails. As others have mentioned it is situated in a good position for shopping in Seminyak. The airport transfer was fine. Having stayed in other Villa's in Seminyak, I think this was the most disappointing and not good value for the excess charge that we paid due to the Xmas holiday season
"No one cares"
01/03/16 Bobbi S Perth, Australia
We stayed at Amasya Villas 24th - 31st December 2016 and were very disappointed. The villa resort has a lot of potential. All the bones are there but nobody cares. It seems there is no real management in place who want their guests to really enjoy their stay. Alternatively the management is only interested in taking the money and running. The only thing the villas have going for them is the location, right on Eat Street. This resort is not value for money. WiFi - so slow that there was little point in trying to use it. Breakfast - only a choice of four things and boring, boring, boring. Same fruit every day. No cereal, no yoghurt. Choices were "American" Breakfast, Indonesian rice or noodles and one other choice. The rice was so salty it was inedible so didn't try the noodles and other dish. American breakfast for six mornings? Boring. It was cooked in the villa every day by blokes with limited cooking skills. But very friendly men. Cleaning - very very patchy. Only blokes doing it so maybe that was the problem. Sometimes toilet paper not left, coffee table in front of lounges (which we used every day) was never cleaned. One day they forgot to leave bottle water. Not such a problem because we had the big 20 litre dispenser, which we emptied, which they forgot to replace after we requested them to it. Airconditioning - only the bedroom was cool. The outside area (living area) had a fan. It didn't work. When we asked for a free standing fan (we saw them delivering one to another unit) they told us they only had the one. For what we paid for the unit they should have gone out and bought us one. Villa Swimming pool - had mould or something growing in it. There was no sign the water was tested any day. It was not vacuumed in seven days. A man came and scooped out leaves every day. One day they even forgot to turn the filter on. The water was boiling when we returned from a day out. I suspect I got an infection in a scratch from the pool water and stopped swimming in it. There were no cushions of any sort on the pool lounges or the pool cabana. So if you don't like lying on hard wood you couldn't use the cabana. We didn't. Bar/Restaurant/Outside pool - what a joke. We would have liked to enjoy a drink at the bar, a meal at the restaurant but it was seriously uninviting. Yes, it was always attended by one male staffer as we walked past in the afternoon/evening. But the guy concerned was lazing on a chair away by from the bar not looking like he cared. All the covers were left on the tables and chairs, so if we wanted to sit on them we couldn't. It just looked like they didn't want us there so we didn't go. The design of the communal pool made it difficult to get in and out so we didn't bother after the first visit. It looked like the pool furniture and the covers over the restaurant tables and chairs had not been cleaned in months. Even the heavy rains while we were there couldn't clean them. Kitchen facilities - a fully equiped kitchenette it is not. Only one wine glass until we requested a second. Only one teacup, and never got the second one we requested. The fridge kept our wine and champagne luke warm and we needed to add ice to all the drinks. There was enough equipment for our cheese and biscuits but you wouldn't want to be doing much else in the kitchen. On the plus side - they always brought us mosquito coils when we requested them. Other plus as previously mentioned was location. What should they do in the future? Find a manager or owners who care about the resort and want to make the most of what they have. Just a little bit of effort in presentation would make a huge difference. The staff seemed willing to do whatever they were asked to do.
"In a dire state, in need of a major revamp"
12/30/15 PeiqinLiew
We booked the villa for 2 nights (Check in: 24th Dec and Check out: 26th Dec) and was appalled by the dilapidated state the villa was in (at the entrance). However, the location was fantastic, just along Jalan Kayu Aya where all the best shops in Seminyak are. When we were brought to our room, we were horrified. This place is very run down and it looks like it has been deserted for ages. Nevertheless, the villa was huge and away from the main road hence it was less noisy. We tried to connect to the wifi but to no avail. However, since we have activities planned for the day, we left the villa and returned at night. This was when a horror experience became a terrible experience! It started raining heavily at night so we had to stay indoors. Wifi continued to be bad and despite several calls to the concierge, there were no improvements. Hence we decided to sleep because we an early trek tomorrow. Then came the most torturous moment, we can't sleep because the room is infested with mosquitoes! There were so many that my wife who is usually unsusceptible to mosquitoes got bitten many times. We couldn't have a good sleep. Fortunately, the sleep was a short one and we set forth for our trek. When we returned, at 1pm in the afternoon, the wifi was not connectable. We called the concierge and asked them to fix. After 30mins, they lied it was fixed but I tried, I still could not get any signal. Hence I requested for a refund because three quarters of the time. The service staff indicated that they need to seek permission from their management and will inform me shortly. Indeed, within ten minutes, we were asked to vacate the villa and they will process the refund 2 working days later. A couple of things to highlight: (1) at no point during the issue they offered alternative accommodation. (2) we felt we were chased out by them. (3) we run a risk when they indicated that they will refund but fortunately they did. However, please be aware that they will refund in IDR and they are clueless about overseas telegraphic transfers and you may end up with money stucked in no man's land. Fortunately, we managed to get a good deal at L hotel seminyak (you can see my other review) which turns out to be a blessing in disguised. However, I just need to re-iterate that this villa really needs a major revamp to cater to users and if you are "allergic" to mosquitoes, stay out of this villa.
"Bali afi round de vo "
11/26/15 Mustaffa A
Very convenient to commercial area and conform stay...........☺️😌😌........ Near to the beach for night life quite fair for bar hopping loads of massage pallor for family trip I would very much recommended to this area most of the tourists are western and eastern and European are on to this are I don't why but filthy of them are here
"Perfect Spot In Seminyak "
11/03/15 TheVanMan666 Perth, Australia
This is my third stay at the beautiful Amasya Villas. The location of the Amasya is just perfect. As soon as you walk out the front of the resort you are standing in the main street in Seminyak. With so many amazing shops and restaurants around you. The staff were amazing and would do anything that you requested. We even had a small snake in our bathroom. Within 5min of calling the front. Someone came to our villa to catch the snake. Breakfast each day was cooked in our villa and was always fantastic. The only downside I would give is that there was a new hotel getting built in the next lot. So it was a bit loud and the workers could see into our villa. Plus the wifi is really bad. I would of loved a kettle in the kitchen. As the one that they had was not worth trying to make a coffee with. Plus a few things in the kitchen so you could make your own meals would be a good thing if they had them. But! I do love this place and I will come back again and again. I'm sure you will fall in love with the Amasya Villas as much as I have.