All hotels in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
7-13 Saxby Street, Leicester, England, LE2 0ND, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.6
"Good value for the money"
Decent value for the money. The staff was very helpful and there was street parking available. Good location for downtown and the area of the B&B was satisfactory. There was no elevator or fan and on the days I stayed there, it was very hot and so the room was a bit warm . Provided a very good breakfast.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Friendly staff, clean rooms with own tv, internet access, conservatory, central location - all for a very cheap price!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014

"Basic"
Did not do breakfast as stated on stay wanted to charge extra
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
tony
"Waste of money"
No arrangements , stay was like punishment
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
p
"Highly impressed"
Two nights with my wife. Our first visit to Leicester. Very much impressed with the city and the hotel. Large rooms. Great neighbourhood.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
ABBA
"Excellent for the price"
This is a cheap B&B, and not in newest condition. But the room and hotel appeared very clean, and quiet. For the price I would definitely recommend it.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"cold hotel"
It was cold room Don't think heating was very good
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Steps back in time - but not in a good way"
I didn't think places like this still existed. Only use this if you have no choice.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
S
"Overall just OK"
Neighborhood was not the best, but never felt in danger. Still safe and people were friendly. We were up on thrid floor and over as far as you could go, which meant the 'free wifi' did not reach our room. We could connect when downstairs, but then by the time you got into the room, you could not even find the network on the list to try and connect. The room itself felt very spaceous as there was little in it other than a bed, 2 nightstands, a sink and a large table with a chair or two. Everything was old and worn down a bit, which is probably why the rates are cheaper than other places around it. The shared bathroom was qute dingy and dirty looking with an old run down small shower. Sink and toilet were fine, and seemed to be cleaned everyday (only know cause something weird was studk to side of the inside of toilet bowl and it dissappeared the next day).
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jess
"underwhelming"
All about locatuon and price not a great okace by any means but very near station and very cheap. Ni comfort whatsoever very noisy and token cheao breakfast. Ok for 1 night but no more
1 night trip Dec 2, 2014
Roger
Very disappointed. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. Room was very basic and there was an unpleasant smell in the shared shower room. Breakfast was very average. Neighbourhood was rough and felt very unsafe. Also nowhere to park. Had to park ten minutes away, which given how rough it was might not have been a bad thing.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
YDM1
"Good Breakfast"
Lacks on-suite facilities
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Nice one. Close to where we went."
Good one. Close to place we went and well located.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
milind
"ONE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
Bright and cheerful external look but terrible inside. Had a damp-smelling room with a strong smell of dust which affected my asthmatic family but we had to endure. Female staff was abrupt & rude when my husband and son entered to kitchen next morning to provide additional information about their breakfast to avoid further mistakes. She just shouted, "..you're not allowed in here; go out!". No shower was available on our floor and baths had the labels DO NOT USE BATH. The only available shower was on the next floor down. It had tile grout covered in black mouldy grime and the cubicle leaked and flooded the entire floor as you showered. There were two damp mops and mop bucket propped against the wall, which meant that guests had to take part in the housekeeping (mopping up the flood from their shower, which is no fault of their but part and parcel of the disrepair that the hotel was in). Staff indicated that we had to pay for the key if we stayed out late. We came back at 23:22 hours and were told we didn't need to pay. No beside lamps, so you have feel your way to the door in the dark to use the toilet just on the landing. Worst hotel experience ever! Expedia please do not sell this hotel to anyone again. Hallway was welcoming with fresh flowers but apart from that, there was nothing else that met the standard of a modern a B & B except the brand new flat screen TV in our room. Hospitality ain't just about fresh flower and one or two paintings on the wall!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kelechi
We were shown the door by the owner at 2 midnight when we arrived just because our card is a swipe one. We ended up staying at a much cleaner and nicer hotel Campanile in the same area. The bathroom is a shared one which thing we didn't like and instead of getting frustrated by being told to go away we were grateful to go elsewhere
5 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenoent"
The place is well located close to he train station and city center, our room was spacious, breakfast was very nice the staff was very sweet and helpful. It's worth it unless you are looking for extravagance. The person at the reception sounded somewhat abrupt but ultimately he is OK.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
M & A
SG
"Better than expected"
Great hotel for the price!
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"Decent"
Not a luxurious place but decent for budget travelers.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"very good services"
I felt quite happy with my stay. It was convenient for what I needed at the time - a short stay and clean and tidy and a comfortable bed to sleep in.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Perfect for cheap"
I came here just to sleep after an event that night so was looking for the cheapest room possible, at only £30, so £15 each, with breakfast included it was perfect for what we were looking for! Will definitely stay here again if I find myself back in Leicester.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"My poor experience"
When I arrived, I found myself staying in the middle of the red light area. Service : terrible..... This was summed up by the girl at the desk telling me that I wasn't allowed any visitors and other types of guests. I found this highly insulting. Rooms: they were like a cave and dampness was apparent. Ended up leaving within an hour and booked in to another hotel and was then accused of destroying the room..... Needless to say I didn't and walked the woman around the room with my phone on record to prove I had done no wrong..... Absolute disgrace Never be back
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
Chris Black
"Very basic facility"
There is a time limit of 11.30 pm for check-in. No towel in room. You have to request for it. No toiletries in room.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Basic"
Rooms are ok for contractors who just want a cheep bed. People who run the b&b are nice and welcoming. Building in need of update
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Tony
"Great B & B."
Was very surprised, for its cheap price I wasn't expecting much at all but it was lovely if not better than alot of more expensive places I have been to. Certainly tops trvaleodge. Friendly and helpful staff, the beds were extremely cosy which made it hard to get up in the morning in time for check out. Clsoe to the station and bars but not in a noisy area. Having shared toilets doesn't matter as there are so many of them. The only proble is that the parking is a bit tight and tricky, but that could be just me. The doors lock at 7 but you can go out all night if you wish, just get a key from reception for which you need to give a ten pound deposit.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Bekcy
"Must -visit hotel"
Had a wonderful stay with excellent client service.
4 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
"Pay a little extra & stay somewhere else!"
If you're thinking of saving some money, I wouldn't suggest doing it by staying here. I was well aware I'd have a shared bathroom, having booked that - however, the sink in my room didnt have any soap, nor was I provided with a towel (for the shower on another floor, that I had to find myself). If you're staying out beyond 11pm, you'll need to give them a deposit (nearly 50% of my total cost) for an extra doorkey. The only real positive is the surrounding area has easy access to restaurants, tesco and the train station.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
BT Ward
"Good B & B"
Convenient location and good breakfast.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Handy and cheap"
Just stayed there after a night in the pub, got exactly what I hoped for
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"good location"
Breakfasts were good and staff were helpful. Hot water sometimes not available. There was a good variety of places to eat nearby. Basic, but reasonable for the price.
5 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"A great night's rest"
The hotel had the feeling of an old fashioned boarding house.The service was efficient but detached.With only East European staff I felt the English 'touch' very much missing.Though a Friday night it was so quiet both in and out of the hotel that I got a wonderful night's sleep
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
tell
"Very comfortable and excellent service"
We spent 2 nights there and the only issue was parking but not a problem in the end as there are places to park further up Saxby street. We could not fault the staff at all and we were well looked after. The hotel is in a quiet residential area and not far from any shops.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
MKF
"Hotel disgusting"
I booked a double room with breakfast when I got there I was told I only paid for a single and they wanted more money but I called experien and they sorted it when I came down for breakfast I was told it was not included the room was dirty and the bathroom was awful I would not go back it is a dump
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
laura

"Hôtel calme proche du centre ville"
Déception dès l'entrée dans la chambre (n° 1) : ampoule nue au plafond pour tout éclairage, le néon au -dessus du lavabo ne fonctionnait pas. J'ai dû demander une lampe de chevet et une serviette de toilette qui n'était pas fournie spontanément. Locaux vétustes ne correspondant pas du tout aux photos figurant sur le site de l'hôtel. Le personnel d'accueil n'est pas souriant et ne fait pas d'effort pour communiquer avec l'étrangère que je suis.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Dominique
FR
"Hôtel calme et bien situé près du centre ville"
Locaux ayant besoin d'une remise à neuf. Equipements demandant un remplacement pour la literie en particulier. confort de la chambre minimum. J'ai dû demander une lampe de chevet, il n'y avait qu'une ampoule nue au plafond et le petit néon au-dessus du lavabo ne fonctionnait pas. J'ai dû également demander une serviette de toilette non fournie spontanément. Personnel peu accueillant et ne faisant pas d'effort pour communiquer avec l'étrangère que j'étais. En conclusion, le rapport qualité/prix n'est vraiment pas bon !
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Dominique
FR
"Good for a "one-day" travel"
This is a good B&B, rooms are old but almost comfortable. Not a business hotel! Breakfast is the typical english breakfast (bacon, eggs and beanz). Not far away from the city center.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Emanuele
IT
"One night only"
Ik moet aan het liedje "One Night Only" denken bij dit hotel. De kamer ziet netjes en verzorgd uit. Bed is netjes opgemaakt. Je deelt de WC en de douche met de andere gasten. Douche heb ik niet zo snel kunnen vinden, de WC wel. Die bevondt zich in de badkamer, waarvan het bad niet gebruikt mag worden. Ontbijt was op zich netjes. Je kon een full English breakfast krijgen, maar dat was voor mij teveel. Als je naar buiten gaat en na sluitingstijd terugkomt, dan moet je wel van te voren tegen borg de sleutel van de hoofdingang lenen. Al met al een redelijke B&B als je voor 1 nacht in Leicester bent en vooral niet veel wil betalen en niet te veel waarde hecht aan luxe.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Remko
NL
"Très bien placé"
L'emplacement de l’hôtel est idéal, Il vous sera possible de vous promener à pied vers les différents points d’intérêts de Leicester en environ 10min. De plus, de nombreux restaurants et cafés bordent London street à quelques pas seulement de l'hôtel. Vous y trouverez également un personnel à l'écoute de vos besoins.
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for Grafton House

"No no no!"
08/04/15 RichDonnachie Paris, France
I can't believe places like this still exist - the décor would have been outdated 35 years ago and nothing has changed since at least that long. Our room was by the looks of things an old bathroom that still had the towel rail on the wall! This guest-house isn't particularly clean, isn't in a fantastic location, and is honestly like a step back in time to an era that nobody wants to remember. The only positive is that there is space to park on the pavement outside!
"Last minute accommodation "
08/04/15 Tab-Kinghorn Market Bosworth, United Kingdom
After having hotel problems we found this guest house last minute. For a budget night out on the town this is an okay place to stay, just somewhere to get your head down. Downstairs area clean and modern. Upstairs quite dated but bedrooms were all cleaned to a very high standard. Basic, but it's got what you need.
"To be avoided"
07/23/15 Judy R Leicester, United Kingdom
Definitely not the better end of town. Host had heavy accent and reception was a windowless darkened dungeon. Forget any basic b&b inclusions. Reasonable sized Room was only on first floor. Advertised vast array of TV programs faded away after 9pm and remote worked intermittently. Good wifi. Sink in room not attached to wall. No tea making, no cup. Only one pillow. Advertised good food in City necessary as there was nowhere nearby to buy acceptable English style food. All cheap Asian and not what I would consider LOCAL to Leicester, but it was Sunday. Breakfast was NOT included in the price as implied in online site and payment was demanded in cash. Why this place is still part of your recommendations I can only imagine. Please do not edit this into a favourable report as it most definitely is not. This is a cheap boarding house at best.
"Biggest pile of Bleep Bleep Bleep!"
06/02/15 Aamar D Leeds
Recently stayed here with 6 additional workers whilst contracting. I have stayed in some awful places, but Grafton House is in the top 3 worst places of all time! On arrival, the lady at reception is what other reviewers have already stated - Rude, arrogant and nasty! I paid and checked in my bags. I noticed that the rooms booked where all basic with beds along with shared toilets and bathrooms etc. I was also promised a wifi password which never materialised. The rooms generally had a terrible lingering smell of damp and as though someone had smoked a 100 cigarettes that day. The beds literally had springs coming out of the mattress along with itchy bedding. There were flies all over the room as well as squeaky floorboards. The shared toilets had no light! My workers claimed they saw a mouse running across the floor in the night! My conclusion - guys, do not ever take your wife or the GF here thinking it is a romantic getaway as she will either divorce, dump or beat you up! For the guys who think price matters - trust me do not do it, sleep in the park instead!
"Does Not Quite Cut The Mustard"
05/18/15 Rick P Ratnagiri, India
Booked this low-end Budget B&B through Booking,com.Greeted by an East European woman who was rather brief on exchanging pleasantries.Perfunctory at discharging her duties at best.Small room.Curtain did not split in two but pulled to one side,half hanging.Clean sink but lot of DIY-sealant on sink.Small working tv.Shared bathroom and toilet.Lots of sealant usage.Had to ask for a towel & soap.Shower worked effectively,bath-tub usage barred.Bed under the duvet cover looked like previous liner sheets not replaced.Warm radiator.No breakfast,extra £5.99.Serbian-run establishment with Serbian flags and paraphernalia in a large room.Value for money?For £25.20?Perhaps.Close to Leicester railway,walking distance of 10mins.Lots of eateries around on main London Rd.
"Absolutely shocking and dirty! BED BUGS! Horrible woman at reception"
04/16/15 ByronBenSellem
I arrived at eleven to book a single room, initially the man at reception was lovely and welcoming, got my room key and went to bed. I woke up itching like I've never itched before! BEDBUGS I would post the pictures of my back which was riddled with bites. Two of my work mates where staying in the room next to mine and had similar issues. However when brought up with the receptionist (Lady) she was absolutely horrid. In a nutshell stay away from this B&B
"Terrible service"
02/03/15 Bornsinner
fallen on hard times this week and needed to stay in a bed and breakfast for the night; spoke to the lady over the phone and went in too! I asked her if the council ever rents out rooms for people that are currently homeless, and I don't understand why but she got so offended and dint give me a room because of it. The only reason I asked was because the council told me this themselves. And she got so angry she kicked me out! I will never come here again. Poor quality of service wasn't happy to talk to me about anything it was just so apalling!!!!!!
"Do not go there"
01/28/15 alamay Lodève, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
30£ for a single room, room which is more basic than on the pictures, it is also very dark since the lightning is poor. Hotel is very noisy. The stay was horrible. Also, the lady took me 10£ she never gave back. I gave them thinking it was a deposit for the key but deposit are only for outside key. She refused to check in her cash box if she indeed had 10£ more and I have never been refund. I should have paid more for something nicer and honest.
"Very good value for the money"
01/15/15 Zia C London, United Kingdom
I paid about 20£ for a night, considering the money I have paid it was clean, though bathroom was not very clean but use-able, I wont fault them as it was shared bathroom and you may not get enough time to clean it. Parking is issue as they have limited parking onsite the parking outside the premises is permit only and almost run for 24 hours. So arrive early if you want to park on their site.
"A surreal experience .... So bad that it's funny !!"
11/30/14 NovaScotiaMark Nova Scotia
This place is why it pays to check trip advisor !!! I was in a hurry and just booked this place on Hotwire without reading the reviews. Very cheap ... And I should have known better !! It reminded me of my old student accommodation .... Only worse !! Much worse. My dad and I were 'greeted' by a lady who kept telling us that we had only booked 1 room and not 2 and that I'd made a mistake ?!? She couldn't really speak english very well and got aggressive when I told her that she had made a mistake. A more friendly guy who works there came along and sorted it out. All a bit odd !!?? The beds are bad (mattresses and bed sheets old and worn out), rooms are small and prison cell like. Shared bathroom - no en suite in the rooms we had. I felt like we were in a half way house / detention centre. We left after a couple of hours and are now in the local premier inn. Only positive is that it's cheap ! If you choose to stay at the grafton because it's cheap... You'll almost certainly wish you hadn't. !!!