All hotels in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
7-13 Saxby StreetLeicesterEnglandLE2 0NDUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.5
"Good value for the money"
Decent value for the money. The staff was very helpful and there was street parking available. Good location for downtown and the area of the B&B was satisfactory. There was no elevator or fan and on the days I stayed there, it was very hot and so the room was a bit warm . Provided a very good breakfast.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Friendly staff, clean rooms with own tv, internet access, conservatory, central location - all for a very cheap price!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Unclean hotel. Severe restrictions on parking so my car was effectively pounded till morning. Staff did not appear to understand English when request was made for towel for shared smelly bathroom and toilet. Day woman rude.
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2016
"Friendly people but shabby hotel"
The hotel is shabby and lacking in any comfort. The room has wallpaper that has parts missing and paint has been applied to cover these. The TV is connected to electricity via a cable that hangs down the wall having been put through a hole in the wall. The wardrobe door is only kept closed by a chair that props the door closed. The carpet is old and has chewing gum or some other substance stuck to it. The curtains are depressing and cheap. The people running the hotel are friendly though and helpful which makes up for the above faults.
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2016
"You get what you pay for"
Overall not a bad place. Calling it a Bed and Breakfast is a bit misleading as you have to pay for the breakfast (look at the small print of the booking). Really it is a hotel, a cheap one. If you don't have much money it is a good place to stay but if you can afford a better bed, do so.
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2016
Mattress was the worst thing I have ever slept on . But a well run nice hotel near to 02.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2016
matt
"Terrible cleanliness, will never stay again."
The room was very basic; the single bed frame was tired and the wooden floors ensured that it not only slid around the room with ease but also that it echoed constantly. The walls were paper thin so all surrounding rooms could be heard - it was like staying in student halls of residence! The bed linen was disgusting; there were hairs throughout the duvet cover and on the sheets below as well as a toe-nail clipping. There was also a large mound of hair entrapped within a dust ball on the pillow.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Value for money
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2015
A
"Central but basic"
Clean bedding, but the hotel lacks tea and coffee making facilities. Looking a bit tired but handy for the train station and town.
4 night trip Oct 28, 2015
Garry
"very peaceful and comfortable sleep"
Usual standard polite and helpful staff peaceful and very comfortable sleep.Great price and will use again next time i am in leicester.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2015
glyn
Went over for the match. Leicester v Arsenal game @ King Power Stadium. Grafton House was perfectly located within walking distance of the station. City Centre was nice to walk around. Bed in the room lovely to sleep in and the breakfast was not bad. Not too many people do a fry -up for breakfast any more they are changing to the continental way. Would like to stay here again sometime
1 night trip Sep 25, 2015
anthony
Hotel was very clean, polite and warming owners
3 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Innis
"2 Star Rating?!"
How on earth can this place justify a two star rating? I suppose it had walls and presumably the roof was intact but that's about it for the positives. I'm not sure what's the most Fawlty Towers feature. Could it be the lack of a kettle, tea and coffee or cups in the room? The fact you can't draw the curtains because they only use one curtain for each window rather than a pair of curtains? The ten year old newspaper that covered the inside of the wardrobe in our room. The mop for guests to clean the bathroom floor after they've had a shower because there was no mat in the communal bathroom? My personal favourite was probably the fact that all the chandeliers in the communal areas and rooms only have one working bulb in, presumably to save money on bills. Also bring your own towels because none were provided. To be fair, even if they were provided I'm not sure I'd want to use them without visiting my GP for some inoculations first. This is quite rightly very cheap and the location is good. The free parking is also handy. It wouldn't cost the owners a lot of money to make this a much nicer place to stay but I get the impression they really can't be bothered with all that. Basically, if you expect this place to be a cheap boarding house with no facilities other than a smelly shared bathroom in poor condition then you definitely won't be disappointed.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Only if on a real budget...."
The place was bad. It was cheap so I was expecting bad and didn't mind as I just wanted somewhere to get my head down for the night. The main issue was the smell - one of old dog food and vagrants. There also only seemed to be 1 shower for the whole floor. It is close to the station though and cheap.......
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
"Decent- value for money"
I stayed with my friend for a night while attending an event in the area. I think the room was comfortable and clean. You get what you pay for, nothing to fancy but decent.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"Basic"
Did not do breakfast as stated on stay wanted to charge extra
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
tony
"Waste of money"
No arrangements , stay was like punishment
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
p
"Highly impressed"
Two nights with my wife. Our first visit to Leicester. Very much impressed with the city and the hotel. Large rooms. Great neighbourhood.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
ABBA
"Cheap boarding house at best."
Why you continue to give this place a listing is beyond my comprehension. It is in a very poor area of town which, whilst readily accessible, had very few facilities to offer on the Sunday I was there. Did not find any English style food, only cheap out of date apologies for same. The building is indeed on a side street but that was marred by an alarm that had been sounding since Friday night on a nearby building. Host was almost incomprehensible and vice versa. Did I need a towel? Room was very basic. No tea making facility which I needed after a difficult four hour journey. Not even a cup. Bare light bulb. Had to pay extra unexpectedly for breakfast and in cash. The sink was not attached to the wall securely. The side light switch was unstable. Recommended town activities in online description were vital as that was where I had to go for food. The reception area is an almost windowless dungeon. The TV remote worked intermittently and the choice of channels included a majority of advertising. My room was only on the first floor, not three flights up. The shower was more accessible than many I have encountered and there was plenty of hot water. The room was clean though very worn and the bed was comfortable. The cook who produced a reasonable breakfast is the saving grace of my rating for this place. I would NOT recommend it to anyone. I shall be disinclined to trust your hotel listings if you publish this as a positive opinion of this very run down facility.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
Judy
"Nice Location but too many cons"
Having stayed at a couple of B&Bs in recent times, I was surprised with this one. While it's located close to city center (10mins walk to train station), I spent 4nights and the room was never cleaned. When I made the booking here, I was of the impression it was for bed & b/fast and ONLY told it wasn't the morning after I'd checked in. Overall, I know i won't be back when next I visit Leicester.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Excellent for the price"
This is a cheap B&B, and not in newest condition. But the room and hotel appeared very clean, and quiet. For the price I would definitely recommend it.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"cold hotel"
It was cold room Don't think heating was very good
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Steps back in time - but not in a good way"
I didn't think places like this still existed. Only use this if you have no choice.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
S
"Overall just OK"
Neighborhood was not the best, but never felt in danger. Still safe and people were friendly. We were up on thrid floor and over as far as you could go, which meant the 'free wifi' did not reach our room. We could connect when downstairs, but then by the time you got into the room, you could not even find the network on the list to try and connect. The room itself felt very spaceous as there was little in it other than a bed, 2 nightstands, a sink and a large table with a chair or two. Everything was old and worn down a bit, which is probably why the rates are cheaper than other places around it. The shared bathroom was qute dingy and dirty looking with an old run down small shower. Sink and toilet were fine, and seemed to be cleaned everyday (only know cause something weird was studk to side of the inside of toilet bowl and it dissappeared the next day).
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jess
"underwhelming"
All about locatuon and price not a great okace by any means but very near station and very cheap. Ni comfort whatsoever very noisy and token cheao breakfast. Ok for 1 night but no more
1 night trip Dec 2, 2014
Roger
"waste of good money"
Booked a room for one, through Expedia, on a deal of £56 for a triple room - only one available apparently, and no bedside light, wc or shower. Ended up in double room, which I asked to change because its mattress was broken and lumpy. Taken to another double (and available) room after pointing out state of mattress which they bluntly stated was brand new and which I poignantly showed them the stains on mattress. They must have been made by the guests the previous night, they claimed, and then immediately, once I pointed out the stains on the other side as well, without apology, told me to follow them and abruptly opened another bedroom door and said "OK?" then walked off. Another room and no bedside light, but there was a toilet! There were other rooms available when I booked through you, but they chose only to offer the most expensive option to a single traveller. The single room price is £22, what I paid was nearly three times the price. Out by 10am, breakfast finish at 8.30am, it was not pleasant or congenial. The rooms were threadbare food was greasy and solid (fried eggs), and the cornflakes were stale. I'm paying just a bit more for a 4-star tonight as I have before on our band's current tour, and feel Expedia, etc., are being used to sell an inferior product.
boomtown
Very disappointed. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. Room was very basic and there was an unpleasant smell in the shared shower room. Breakfast was very average. Neighbourhood was rough and felt very unsafe. Also nowhere to park. Had to park ten minutes away, which given how rough it was might not have been a bad thing.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
YDM1
"Hotel gave us bed bugs"
We stayed here and got bitten by bed bugs. After telling the receptionist, she brushed off the question and said she had never had a complaint about it.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Good Breakfast"
Lacks on-suite facilities
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Nice one. Close to where we went."
Good one. Close to place we went and well located.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
milind
"ONE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
Bright and cheerful external look but terrible inside. Had a damp-smelling room with a strong smell of dust which affected my asthmatic family but we had to endure. Female staff was abrupt & rude when my husband and son entered to kitchen next morning to provide additional information about their breakfast to avoid further mistakes. She just shouted, "..you're not allowed in here; go out!". No shower was available on our floor and baths had the labels DO NOT USE BATH. The only available shower was on the next floor down. It had tile grout covered in black mouldy grime and the cubicle leaked and flooded the entire floor as you showered. There were two damp mops and mop bucket propped against the wall, which meant that guests had to take part in the housekeeping (mopping up the flood from their shower, which is no fault of their but part and parcel of the disrepair that the hotel was in). Staff indicated that we had to pay for the key if we stayed out late. We came back at 23:22 hours and were told we didn't need to pay. No beside lamps, so you have feel your way to the door in the dark to use the toilet just on the landing. Worst hotel experience ever! Expedia please do not sell this hotel to anyone again. Hallway was welcoming with fresh flowers but apart from that, there was nothing else that met the standard of a modern a B & B except the brand new flat screen TV in our room. Hospitality ain't just about fresh flower and one or two paintings on the wall!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kelechi
We were shown the door by the owner at 2 midnight when we arrived just because our card is a swipe one. We ended up staying at a much cleaner and nicer hotel Campanile in the same area. The bathroom is a shared one which thing we didn't like and instead of getting frustrated by being told to go away we were grateful to go elsewhere
5 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenoent"
The place is well located close to he train station and city center, our room was spacious, breakfast was very nice the staff was very sweet and helpful. It's worth it unless you are looking for extravagance. The person at the reception sounded somewhat abrupt but ultimately he is OK.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
M & A
SG
"Better than expected"
Great hotel for the price!
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"Decent"
Not a luxurious place but decent for budget travelers.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"very good services"
I felt quite happy with my stay. It was convenient for what I needed at the time - a short stay and clean and tidy and a comfortable bed to sleep in.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Perfect for cheap"
I came here just to sleep after an event that night so was looking for the cheapest room possible, at only £30, so £15 each, with breakfast included it was perfect for what we were looking for! Will definitely stay here again if I find myself back in Leicester.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"My poor experience"
When I arrived, I found myself staying in the middle of the red light area. Service : terrible..... This was summed up by the girl at the desk telling me that I wasn't allowed any visitors and other types of guests. I found this highly insulting. Rooms: they were like a cave and dampness was apparent. Ended up leaving within an hour and booked in to another hotel and was then accused of destroying the room..... Needless to say I didn't and walked the woman around the room with my phone on record to prove I had done no wrong..... Absolute disgrace Never be back
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
Chris Black
"Very basic facility"
There is a time limit of 11.30 pm for check-in. No towel in room. You have to request for it. No toiletries in room.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Basic"
Rooms are ok for contractors who just want a cheep bed. People who run the b&b are nice and welcoming. Building in need of update
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Tony
"Great B & B."
Was very surprised, for its cheap price I wasn't expecting much at all but it was lovely if not better than alot of more expensive places I have been to. Certainly tops trvaleodge. Friendly and helpful staff, the beds were extremely cosy which made it hard to get up in the morning in time for check out. Clsoe to the station and bars but not in a noisy area. Having shared toilets doesn't matter as there are so many of them. The only proble is that the parking is a bit tight and tricky, but that could be just me. The doors lock at 7 but you can go out all night if you wish, just get a key from reception for which you need to give a ten pound deposit.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Bekcy
"Must -visit hotel"
Had a wonderful stay with excellent client service.
4 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
"Pay a little extra & stay somewhere else!"
If you're thinking of saving some money, I wouldn't suggest doing it by staying here. I was well aware I'd have a shared bathroom, having booked that - however, the sink in my room didnt have any soap, nor was I provided with a towel (for the shower on another floor, that I had to find myself). If you're staying out beyond 11pm, you'll need to give them a deposit (nearly 50% of my total cost) for an extra doorkey. The only real positive is the surrounding area has easy access to restaurants, tesco and the train station.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2014
BT Ward
"Good B & B"
Convenient location and good breakfast.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"Handy and cheap"
Just stayed there after a night in the pub, got exactly what I hoped for
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"good location"
Breakfasts were good and staff were helpful. Hot water sometimes not available. There was a good variety of places to eat nearby. Basic, but reasonable for the price.
5 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"A great night's rest"
The hotel had the feeling of an old fashioned boarding house.The service was efficient but detached.With only East European staff I felt the English 'touch' very much missing.Though a Friday night it was so quiet both in and out of the hotel that I got a wonderful night's sleep
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
tell
"Very comfortable and excellent service"
We spent 2 nights there and the only issue was parking but not a problem in the end as there are places to park further up Saxby street. We could not fault the staff at all and we were well looked after. The hotel is in a quiet residential area and not far from any shops.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
MKF
"Hotel disgusting"
I booked a double room with breakfast when I got there I was told I only paid for a single and they wanted more money but I called experien and they sorted it when I came down for breakfast I was told it was not included the room was dirty and the bathroom was awful I would not go back it is a dump
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
laura

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Bra värde."
Prisvärt och nära tågstationen.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2015