All hotels in Hastings, Barbados
HastingsHastingsChrist ChurchBB15156Barbados, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Nice hotel close to te beach"
A small hotel with a great staff, positive attitude of service and care. We had the all inclusive plan and the food was very well.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our boutique hotel, The Soco Hotel. We are delighted you had a positive experience and we hope to welcome you back to Soco in the future. Warm Regards,
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
Sandra
"good things do come in small packages"
This hotel is a perfect example that you do not have to be a big resort to be great destination. Although many travelers tend to stick with the big proven hotel chains, I must say that I am so glad we chose the SOCO Hotel. The facility is beautiful, well maintained and the staff is superior. A very friendly place to enjoy your time in Barbados. The meals are superb, and you really could not eat better anywhere else in the area.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Robert, First of all on behalf of the entire team at Soco we would like to say thank you for choosing to stay with us on your vacation. We are pleased to hear that our efforts to be the best have been noticed and we couldn't be happier that you took the time to write such a lovely review of your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Soco in the near future. Warm Regards,
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"beautiful hotel on beach"
The staff was excellent, Michelle will hook you up and make your stay easy, comfortable, and catered to your wants.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Tom & Judy, Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review, we are so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay at The Soco Hotel! We hope that we can welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards,
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
Tom & Judy
"Very nice place"
The hotel was near the board walk and my friend and I were able to walk down and see other places to eat. The hotel was about 25 minutes (on their public transportation) from Bridgetown. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The only downfall was checking out of the hotel. They had a newly hired security and he was not sure how to check me out properly. Apparently the statement for the rooms have to be requested one night before you check out and I didn't know that. The food wasn't the greatest and the time that food was served was like in 2-3 hour increments so if you left the resort you may miss a meal. Also... The resort seemed more geared towards couples. If you're looking for a true relaxing time that is the place to lodge. Their internet connection was stable and really good and their staff was very friendly.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
Lynette
"Small Hotel in Barbados"
Our expectation(my wife and I) of the hotel was very high after reading the reviews before our arrival. A bit disappointed about the size and physical structure of the hotel. overall the experience was okay. Everybody talks about Michelle, the hostess. She was indeed great, made up for the initial disappointment we had when we arrived at the hotel, we got there after 4 pm, our room was not ready we have to wait for a temporary room to be made available for the night and then move to a different room the following day.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Bode
"Nice small hotel on the beach and broad walk"
Excellent hotel located 15min away from the airport and beach front access and view. The staff is super and the food was excellent. Also the drinks were strong and not watered down. The only thing I didn't like was the noise from the street. But I would definitely stay there again.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, On behalf of the Soco team, we thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us and we are delighted that you were satisfied and happy. We sincerely hope that you will join us here at The Soco Hotel for another visit in the near future
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
nyche
"Nice but security issues..."
My family and I received a great welcome. The food tasted great and the staff was friendly. One morning I head a knock on my door at five o'clock in the morning. I ignored it then the person knocked again but I did not hear what he said . Suddenly the door opened and he proceeded to enter my room! I was scared that some random person could do that! My nephew saw him and he left. He apologized after saying that they were trying to facilitate a High Roller client (paraphrasing). I addressed management and all they said was that they would investigate. They then had the nerve to tell me that they got so many good ratings and wanted my feedback . Newsflash, I may not be a high roller but their response to my concern was poor!
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Our management team investigated this issue and the security in question is no longer working at The Soco Hotel. We take security very seriously and we regret that this incident occurred. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Warm Regards
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Mari
"Excellent in every way. Can't wait to get back!"
My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. This was our first time to Barbados. We chose this hotel strictly based on the Expedia and Trip Advisor reviews, which were all excellent. Soco exceeded our expectations. The hotel was sleek and modern, the food was excellent, the staff was superb, and the location was ideal for romantic walks and sunning. We loved everything about the island and the hotel. We really hit the jackpot with Soco. We are already trying to figure out when we can return.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for choosing The Soco Hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary. We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and we greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotels, food and staff. On behalf of our staff and management team, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We sincerely hope you and your love one will visit us again in the near future. Warm Regards
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
T
"Amazing hotel"
I will definitely go back to this hotel. Everything was AMAZING! The staff made sure anything and everything that we needed was taken care, the food could not have been any better and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. I was on the 4th floor and the traffic noise was a little loud, but nothing to complain about. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for choosing The Soco Hotel for your vacation destination. We appreciate your insightful feedback and your support. On behalf of our staff and our management team, we hope to one day welcome you back to The Soco Hotel. Warm Regards,
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Kellie S
"Amazing location, staff, and service."
Lovely boutique hotel. Staff, particularly Michelle the concierge, were gracious, professional, and made our trip truly memorable. We cannot say enough about the amazing cuisine. Every meal highlighted the culinary talents of the kitchen with a fresh and ever changing menu. On every level, from dining to housekeeping, linens, and location, this was truly one of the best places we have ever stayed. Not only do we highly recommend this hotel, but suggest it as a must stay in the Caribbean. Jim and Jill Louisiana
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Jim and Jill
This little hotel in Hastings is a gem! Food was wonderful, staff was very friendly and helpful. Felt like our home away from home! Everything we needed or wanted was at our fingertips.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Babs
"A unique gem"
My husband and I had a really good stay here. While the hotel isn't equipped with extra amenities like a spa or fitness center, the staff here is beyond incredible and go above and beyond to make sure that you enjoy your stay at the hotel and the island. The hotel is all inclusive and the meals served here are top notch with a menus offering a variety of dishes including delicious local fare. There is also a beautiful boardwalk which begins behind the hotel and continues for slightly less than a mile along the beach - perfect for morning and evening strolls, power walks, runs and spectacular sunset views.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great boutique hotel right on the beach!"
My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Barbados and could not have made a better choice than the Soco hotel. The staff was attentive and genuinely friendly and personable. One night when my husband's relatives came to visit us Christine made a point of coming over and introducing herself and talking with them. The food was incredible as well. Always hot and flavorful and a varied menu every day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Excellent All-Inclusive Hotel"
SoCo is a great experience. Amazingly friendly staff, quiet, beautiful beach. The food and drinks were all great. My only less than perfect experience was the air conditioning in our room. Our room never cooled down as much as I would have liked, so sleeping was not the most comfortable. But, overall we loved our stay and would return.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us at The Soco Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback about the air conditioning in your room and we will be sure to resolve this issue. We sincerely hope that you will return to Barbados and join us at Soco again in the near future.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Katie

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great Boutique Hotel ON the beach!"
THANK YOU Michelle, Karen, Michael and Shannon for an excellent stay at Soco! We could NOT have been more impressed or had any more fun. Steve (aka Dr. Love) and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay last week and are already suggesting our friends join us for a repeat trip asap! For those thinking of Soco... Rooms are clean and bright. Food is wonderful - 3 courses, lots of choices - never disappointed. Water/refreshment glasses always filled, & meals are hot and fresh tasting. Michael is a wonderful host - quiet and unassuming, until you get him going. ; )Ocean front is clean, soft sand, aqua water, incredible views - no soliciting, loungers and umbrellas provided. El Tigre Catamaran is a must! - Michelle can set you up. We took the island tour on our last day versus waiting until 2pm at the hotel for departure - worked out perfectly!! Had lunch on the Atlantic side before heading to the airport. Thank you Rodney. We did venture out for a snack and dinner (simply for a change of pace) - the boardwalk provides 2 choices in minutes.. Blakey's for casual/fun atmosphere with a band on the weekend... or Tapas, a little more upscale with delicious food and wine by the bottle. The boardwalk in front of the hotel takes you to an ATM, some shops, drugstore etc. But Holetown has a lovely selection of local crafts etc. and the Reggae bus will get you there quickly. (the Reggae bus is just FUN anyway!! - ask Michelle. All to say we will go back to Soco next trip to Barbados!
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Darlene
"Loved it!"
Great staff, good food, so relaxing! We really liked the decor and the room had lots of storage. Good spot to take a dip in the sea, or walk the beach or boardwalk. Many amenities within walking distance. Intimate atmosphere, personalized service. We'd return in a heartbeat!
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences here with us at The Soco Hotel. We are happy to hear that it was relaxing. Warm Regards,
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Wendi
"Excellent hotel would definitely return again"
We had a wonderful experience with friendly, kind and caring staff.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, on behalf of the Soco team, we thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you had a great experience here with us.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"restauration décevante"
menu peu gastronomique et répétitif (même menu tous les jours )
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
justin
FR
"Un paradiso di relax sul mare"
L'hotel si affaccia sul mare e tutte le camere hanno una bella vista. La spiaggia è piccola ma vicinissima all'hotel, con lettini e ombrelloni a disposizione dei clienti. Le camere sono davvero spaziose, con un letto enorme e adeguato arredamento. La cucina è ottima, con la possibilità di scegliere tra diversi antipasti, piatti principali e dessert. La formula all-inclusive comprende anche i cocktail al bar della piscina e lo spuntino all'ora del the. Unico neo: dopo cena la zona non offre molte possibilità di svago e quindi l'unica alternativa sono due chiacchiere al bar oppure prendere l'auto per spostarsi verso altre zone più "vive".
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Simone
IT
"Beautiful hotel right on the beach."
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear valued guest, Thank you so much for taking the time ito write about your stay with us at The Soco Hotel. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your vacation. Hope to see you again at Soco Warm Regards,
Other trip Dec 30, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for The SoCo Hotel

"Perfect! Small friendly hotel with fabulous staff and best location on the beach!"
05/05/16 carolinesmith93 London, United Kingdom
Myself and my friend just back from 10 days at The SoCo Hotel not my first time to Barbados, but my friends first time. We had a wonderful time there, the staff cannot do enough to make you feel welcomed and enjoy your stay. The hotel location is perfect (its right on the road, but the traffic did not annoy us at all). The bus stop is right outside to take you anywhere on the island. The view from our room was spectacular and the location of the hotel at the end of Broadwalk is just perfect. The beach is gorgeous and the sea is protected by the coral reef. We saw the turtles every afternoon. We met some lovely people staying the same time as us, who all praised the staff and loved the hotel. Its very laid back and quiet. Will most definitely go back there!
"Amazing location!great staff!dissapointing food."
04/30/16 voy1981 London, United Kingdom
The hotel is in a great location with lovely views from your balcony. Staff is very helpful and very nice. The only down side was the food,which was a bit bland and lacking flavour...in comparison to other local restaurants. Also a bit more entertainment wouldn't do much harm.other than that highly recommended.
"Amazing Holiday!!!"
04/29/16 MonkeyNY
First hour after arriving at the Soco Hotel we were disappointed to be honest - for the hotel looked so small and different from how it was shown online. But soon after checking in this was blown away and turned like the bright blue sky of Barbados - we got to love the friendly & attentive service, happy atmosphere, excellent food, peaceful location, small but beautiful beach ... everything really. We literally "lived" "at" the hotel for 5 full days feeling ever so happy free and relaxed, were never bored for a moment. Thank you so very much for a super holiday, we loved the experience. Victoria and Tina, together with all the great staff at the Soco, you made our stay a truly happy one :)
"Nice getaway "
04/28/16 Jessica C Sterling, Virginia
We really enjoyed our time at the Soco Hotel. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Michelle was great with scheduling us a last minute island tour because our scheduled one cancelled and had the same guy take us to the airport.  Food good, expansive options. A couple of negatives: very loud in the rooms as the hotel is located right on the road and we could hear when people were walking by talking. Suggest insulating the doors better. We stayed Thursday through Saturday and the restaurant staff were very friendly the last day, but the first two days the staff were not. It's not that they were mean, but there was not really a sense of hospitality, especially the bartender the first two days. She acted like she hated to be there. Suggest just a little hospitality training.
"A Wonderful week at the SoCo!"
04/27/16 Robert T
My wife and I absolutely loved our time at the SoCo. Every room is beach front. The rooms are immaculete. The beach is private. The hotel staff took care of us and they all were very friendly. As others have said, Michelle is a gem. Fantastic! The menu changed every two days and the food was good. The week went all too fast. Since it is a small hotel, we had the pleasure of meeting most of the residents and it was a great group of people. If I had to pick one thing I liked best, it would be the SoCo staff... the bartenders and servers made us feel at home from day one. We'll be back for certain!
"Golden Wedding"
04/27/16 Carol T Walton on the Hill, United Kingdom
We are just back from celebrating our Golden Wedding at this hotel. We loved everything about it. The view from our room was just amazing, a real 'wow' factor. The staff were keen to please and the food was excellent. The only thing we felt would have improved our stay would have been some local entertainment on a couple of nights. Brian and Carol
"Our wedding"
04/25/16 antonybadman
We stayed at the Soco Hotel in Barbados and arranged our wedding to be held at the hotel. We had a wonderful welcome with comfortable reception and welcome drinks as we were booking in. The room was a generous size and very clean. Coffee maker and facilities cleaned and topped up daily. (A kettle would of been handy to boil water for tea as tried using coffee maker for water only but could taste coffee) Every meal was out of this world different/tasty and plenty all served from a great team of staff. All staff at the hotel continued to make our stay a stay to remember and want to go back again. The day of our wedding was amazing again very helpful and stress free setting up the area over looking the sea to hold the ceremony which gave an amazing experience. Finishing the day off with a romantic dinner and got back to our room to find rose petal laid floor and bed decorated in flowers of hearts and a personal card from the staff. Breakfast delivered to the room. Looking forward to returning to celebrate our anniversary.
"Caribbean sunshine"
04/24/16 CotswoldNow
This is a nice small hotel. The rooms are airy with lovely views. The service is a bit hit and miss, depending upon who is working. The only real constant is Michelle echo is bubbly, friendly and helpful at all times. The food is fine but the menu only changes every two days and some dishes are very similar. The big negative for this hotel is the noise from the road. The reggae buses start blowing their horns from 6am and it is virtually impossible to sleep after this. Be prepared to be up and about very early!
"EXCELLENT"
04/22/16 Lilian O New York City, New York
The SoCo Hotel is right on the beach, with amazing view.We stayed 5 days at the resort. I never got bored! The chefs ,who turned our food to excellent, delicious meals, the service was great, everyone so friendly and respectful. I Enjoyed every minute and would love to come back. I highly recommend to visit The SoCo Hotel with their breathtaking view. From love Lilia
"Great hotel with excellent food"
04/22/16 leeneilharris Guelph, Canada
We spent only 4 nights here and everyone was relaxing. Staff are friendly for the most part and only a few didn't seem to have the energy we would expect for a service industry. The room and food was amazing. If you are used to the buffet style at most resorts you will be happy to find this hotel has a 3 coarse meal for lunch and dinner. The food itself was prepared amazing and tasted great. The place wasn't very busy when we were there so that made it better as we could get deck loungers easy but if it wasn't then it would be difficult to fine one as there aren't many. I would recommend this to couples mainly as the pool is small and the swimming in the ocean is limited here. Right by the boardwalk so you can quickly get to other beaches. Great hotel and would go back again.