All hotels in Hastings, Barbados
Hastings, Hastings, Christ Church, BB15156, Barbados, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice place"
The hotel was near the board walk and my friend and I were able to walk down and see other places to eat. The hotel was about 25 minutes (on their public transportation) from Bridgetown. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The only downfall was checking out of the hotel. They had a newly hired security and he was not sure how to check me out properly. Apparently the statement for the rooms have to be requested one night before you check out and I didn't know that. The food wasn't the greatest and the time that food was served was like in 2-3 hour increments so if you left the resort you may miss a meal. Also... The resort seemed more geared towards couples. If you're looking for a true relaxing time that is the place to lodge. Their internet connection was stable and really good and their staff was very friendly.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
Lynette
"Small Hotel in Barbados"
Our expectation(my wife and I) of the hotel was very high after reading the reviews before our arrival. A bit disappointed about the size and physical structure of the hotel. overall the experience was okay. Everybody talks about Michelle, the hostess. She was indeed great, made up for the initial disappointment we had when we arrived at the hotel, we got there after 4 pm, our room was not ready we have to wait for a temporary room to be made available for the night and then move to a different room the following day.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Bode
"Nice small hotel on the beach and broad walk"
Excellent hotel located 15min away from the airport and beach front access and view. The staff is super and the food was excellent. Also the drinks were strong and not watered down. The only thing I didn't like was the noise from the street. But I would definitely stay there again.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, On behalf of the Soco team, we thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us and we are delighted that you were satisfied and happy. We sincerely hope that you will join us here at The Soco Hotel for another visit in the near future
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
nyche
"Nice but security issues..."
My family and I received a great welcome. The food tasted great and the staff was friendly. One morning I head a knock on my door at five o'clock in the morning. I ignored it then the person knocked again but I did not hear what he said . Suddenly the door opened and he proceeded to enter my room! I was scared that some random person could do that! My nephew saw him and he left. He apologized after saying that they were trying to facilitate a High Roller client (paraphrasing). I addressed management and all they said was that they would investigate. They then had the nerve to tell me that they got so many good ratings and wanted my feedback . Newsflash, I may not be a high roller but their response to my concern was poor!
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Our management team investigated this issue and the security in question is no longer working at The Soco Hotel. We take security very seriously and we regret that this incident occurred. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Warm Regards
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Mari
"Excellent in every way. Can't wait to get back!"
My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. This was our first time to Barbados. We chose this hotel strictly based on the Expedia and Trip Advisor reviews, which were all excellent. Soco exceeded our expectations. The hotel was sleek and modern, the food was excellent, the staff was superb, and the location was ideal for romantic walks and sunning. We loved everything about the island and the hotel. We really hit the jackpot with Soco. We are already trying to figure out when we can return.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for choosing The Soco Hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary. We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and we greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotels, food and staff. On behalf of our staff and management team, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We sincerely hope you and your love one will visit us again in the near future. Warm Regards
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
T
"Amazing hotel"
I will definitely go back to this hotel. Everything was AMAZING! The staff made sure anything and everything that we needed was taken care, the food could not have been any better and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. I was on the 4th floor and the traffic noise was a little loud, but nothing to complain about. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for choosing The Soco Hotel for your vacation destination. We appreciate your insightful feedback and your support. On behalf of our staff and our management team, we hope to one day welcome you back to The Soco Hotel. Warm Regards,
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Kellie S
"Amazing location, staff, and service."
Lovely boutique hotel. Staff, particularly Michelle the concierge, were gracious, professional, and made our trip truly memorable. We cannot say enough about the amazing cuisine. Every meal highlighted the culinary talents of the kitchen with a fresh and ever changing menu. On every level, from dining to housekeeping, linens, and location, this was truly one of the best places we have ever stayed. Not only do we highly recommend this hotel, but suggest it as a must stay in the Caribbean. Jim and Jill Louisiana
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Jim and Jill
This little hotel in Hastings is a gem! Food was wonderful, staff was very friendly and helpful. Felt like our home away from home! Everything we needed or wanted was at our fingertips.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Babs
"A unique gem"
My husband and I had a really good stay here. While the hotel isn't equipped with extra amenities like a spa or fitness center, the staff here is beyond incredible and go above and beyond to make sure that you enjoy your stay at the hotel and the island. The hotel is all inclusive and the meals served here are top notch with a menus offering a variety of dishes including delicious local fare. There is also a beautiful boardwalk which begins behind the hotel and continues for slightly less than a mile along the beach - perfect for morning and evening strolls, power walks, runs and spectacular sunset views.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great boutique hotel right on the beach!"
My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Barbados and could not have made a better choice than the Soco hotel. The staff was attentive and genuinely friendly and personable. One night when my husband's relatives came to visit us Christine made a point of coming over and introducing herself and talking with them. The food was incredible as well. Always hot and flavorful and a varied menu every day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Excellent All-Inclusive Hotel"
SoCo is a great experience. Amazingly friendly staff, quiet, beautiful beach. The food and drinks were all great. My only less than perfect experience was the air conditioning in our room. Our room never cooled down as much as I would have liked, so sleeping was not the most comfortable. But, overall we loved our stay and would return.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us at The Soco Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback about the air conditioning in your room and we will be sure to resolve this issue. We sincerely hope that you will return to Barbados and join us at Soco again in the near future.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Katie

"Loved it!"
Great staff, good food, so relaxing! We really liked the decor and the room had lots of storage. Good spot to take a dip in the sea, or walk the beach or boardwalk. Many amenities within walking distance. Intimate atmosphere, personalized service. We'd return in a heartbeat!
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences here with us at The Soco Hotel. We are happy to hear that it was relaxing. Warm Regards,
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Wendi
"Excellent hotel would definitely return again"
We had a wonderful experience with friendly, kind and caring staff.
Response by The Soco Hotel - All Inclusive
Dear Valued Guest, on behalf of the Soco team, we thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you had a great experience here with us.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014

"restauration décevante"
menu peu gastronomique et répétitif (même menu tous les jours )
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
justin
FR
"Un paradiso di relax sul mare"
L'hotel si affaccia sul mare e tutte le camere hanno una bella vista. La spiaggia è piccola ma vicinissima all'hotel, con lettini e ombrelloni a disposizione dei clienti. Le camere sono davvero spaziose, con un letto enorme e adeguato arredamento. La cucina è ottima, con la possibilità di scegliere tra diversi antipasti, piatti principali e dessert. La formula all-inclusive comprende anche i cocktail al bar della piscina e lo spuntino all'ora del the. Unico neo: dopo cena la zona non offre molte possibilità di svago e quindi l'unica alternativa sono due chiacchiere al bar oppure prendere l'auto per spostarsi verso altre zone più "vive".
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Simone
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for The SoCo Hotel

"My birthday in paradise "
02/10/16 Dolly L
What an amazing time! Great food, beautiful room with an awesome view. Shelton, Shannon, Karen, Michelle, Nosica, Michael and EVERYONE on staff were more than top notch! Met the owner and he was so cool! Coming back next year! 1/27-2/3
"Great down time"
02/09/16 Maresaq Dublin, Ireland
We stayed in this hotel just for 3 days at the end of January after sailing around the Grenadines with friends just to get our land legs back. The hotel is all white and is decorated very nicely with the most amazing views of the sea from the full wall window in every room. It is a small hotel but has a mighty roar.... the rooms are lovely, the balcony has a table and chairs and overlooks the beach. There is a small pool which is more than adequate. Everything is right beside you, the restaurant is a few steps away and the bar another few steps away in the other direction and the walkway down to the beach another few steps away. There is a fantastic boardwalk just outside the hotel which goes all the way into Hastings - it does need to be continued a bit further - it was great - much easier to walk on than the beach. Great to have a walk before diner and when the sun was going ,watching the most amazing sunsets. The restaurant was excellent - the hotel is all inclusive (well our package was). The food is served to you - not the usual buffet style which means that everything is fresh and hasn't been left out for the flies to get to... which is a huge benefit. I keep getting sick even in well respected hotels because of this. Michelle - well what can you say about her that hasn't already been said..... she's amazing - *note to boss - give her a pay rise, she deserves it*. She's there early until late and always has a smile on her face, she goes around every table to make sure everyone is ok and happy. All the staff are great and introduce themselves to you when you sit down, but she really does stand out. The food is very nice - maybe change it a bit more often - we were there for only 3 days but had worked our way through most of the things that I would eat... portion sizes were just nice - you had 3 courses (not always eaten) and you went away from the table comfortable, not totally stuffed which was nice. I worked my way through the cocktail menu while we were there, well most of it and the cocktails were divine. There is a bit of noise from the road outside but its not that bad and you hear the lovely sound of the sea more so. There are 2 ground floor rooms that don't have any road view so have no street noise if its a major problem and most people seem to go to bed early so you don't even have noise outside you room in the night. I would more than recommend this hotel and can't wait to visit again.l
"Fantastic, relaxing, friendly hotel"
02/07/16 Barneysolo Preston, United Kingdom
This was our second visit to the hotel as a couple and it was great to see so many others who had been at Soco on our last visit; it felt like a reunion. Stayed on the third floor this time, room lovely and clean, wi-fi signal very good. The noise from the road is not a problem its part of being abroad. The view from the room is fantastic. Hotel staff are all really pleasant and the service they provide is excellent. My only gripe would be the owner, Ralph Taylor needs to decide who the customer base is, either couples or families. The hotel is not suitable for young children, especially babies. During our stay a Canadian couple brought their young baby who was clearly uncomfortable either with the heat or change of location and cried constantly. Due to the size of the hotel it was impossible not to hear the crying and to feel sorry for the baby who clearly was not happy. I would highly recommend the Soco if you are looking at a nice quite break, with clean rooms, good location, good food and enjoy meeting new people.
"Heaven on earth - exceeds all expectations!"
02/05/16 AnnieOjeando
My husband and I have just returned from what was meant to be a one-week holiday at the SoCo Hotel in Barbados. Due to a sudden onset of a life threatening illness, my husband was hospitalised for twelve days, which eventually delayed our return to England by more than three weeks. Having eventually spent a whole month at the SoCo, it is hard to find words to express our deepest gratitude to the management and entire staff at this hotel. On 26 December, in what turned out to be a 'crisis' situation, Christine Dieffenthaller, the hotel manager, acted with great expediency and professionalism. As the incident happened on Boxing Day, Christine explained that due to it being a public holiday, it could take time for a doctor to arrive, and urged us to take a taxi to the Sparman Clinic immediately. My husband was later diagnosed with a tension pneumothorax and pneumonia. Dr Sparman and his team acted swiftly in carrying out an emergency procedure to save my husband's life. We cannot thank Dr Sparman and his team enough, for the 'life saving' work, level expertise and care shown to my husband and myself during his twelve night stay at the clinic. During this extremely worrying time, the hotel manager Christine, and the events coordinator Michelle actually visited my husband at the hospital on several occasions, and at the same time made sure that I was taken care of back at the hotel. In a situation that proved to be one of the most difficult experiences of our lives, the manager and staff dealt with the whole situation in a professional and totally compassionate manner. When our friends returned to England, the manager and her whole team including Michelle, Delores and Michael, through to the reception and administration staff, the restaurant and kitchen staff, the cleaning and maintenance staff, all showed genuine concern and compassion, which made me feel completely cared for and supported. Following My husband’s discharge from hospital, and if things couldn't get any worse, I had a fall and ended up back at the Sparman Clinic where I was diagnosed with a severely sprained ankle. Once again, Christine came to the rescue and actually waited with us at the clinic until an ambulance arrived to take me for an X-ray. Upon returning to the hotel Christine had purchased a gel ice pack to ease the swelling in my ankle. Then Leah, one of the trainee managers, actually went home to collect a walking stick and crutches to help me with walking. To say we were overwhelmed by the standard of service and level of care at this hotel would be an understatement. The manager and staff went far beyond their call of duty to support my husband and I through this very unfortunate situation. Having worked in the customer service industry most of my life, I can honestly say the management and staff at the SoCo Hotel are of an exemplary standard. Without a second thought, each and every one of them goes 'the extra mile' for their customers. The entire team are to be highly commended and should be held up as a model of 'best practice' in the hotel industry. We can't thank them enough for all they have done for us. Aside from the dilemma that beset us, we were still able to enjoy the beauty and elegance of this small, yet classy boutique style hotel. With lots of attention to detail, the SoCo is situated in an idyllic location on the South Coast beach at Hastings, with every room having a stunning sea view. The food is absolutely delightful and the drinks are varied and of high standard. This is a fine example of quality versus quantity; a small hotel that packs a big punch! Well done to the owner Mr. Ralph Taylor and all the team at the SoCo Hotel. You really have achieved something quite unique! We can’t recommend this hotel highly enough and look forward to returning in the not too distant future . From, an ever grateful, Ann & Barry O'Neill.
"good eggs!"
02/03/16 cliff805 Liverpool, United Kingdom
Stayed 22-29jan 20016.This is an excellent hotel , great welcome , great location, great food, even the poached eggs were done to perfection! friendly staff and guests. Some road noise but mostly you hear the sea .Only downside is it was so popular we could not keep the room for a late check out !
"Honeymoon... and the trip of a lifetime!"
02/02/16 Jillian R Saskatchewan, Canada
Where to begin.. Stayed January 20-30, 2016. My husband and I pickedBarbados as our destination for our honeymoon. We searched at Antigua, St. Lucia and decided here. Our decision was due to the amazing reviews of the Soco and the great information we learned prior about Barbados. We arrived and were treated with a delicious rum cocktail. Check in was excellent, I mean we were the only people checking in at the time! We were lead to our room (4th floor, room 406 with SUPERB views - please see pictures). The hotel includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & snacks and supper. The meals are very high class and absolutely delicious. There wasn't one meal we didn't enjoy. Every meal is plenty for portions, and if you feel you want more.. simply ask! The food comes to your table so quickly you won't have finished your first glass of wine. Drinks are unlimited, and they are all amazing. Watch out for the Long Island, a bit too much alcohol for this girl and I was dancing after one drink. One of the bartenders, Shannon, makes this delicious personalized drink we decided to name "The Shannon", I highly recommend! Overall, drinks and food were A+. Accommodations/grounds: if your breath isn't taken away by the views, something is wrong with you. The second, third and fourth floors give phenomenal views. The first floor has direct pool/ground level access. If you have physical difficulties, I would recommend the second floor due to less stairs. The ocean is about 20 steps from the restaurant, we spent everyday in the ocean waters which were warm and very refreshing. Not once were the waves too high or dangerous for us to swim in them. If you enjoy the pool, there are beautiful comfortable loungers all around. The staff bring out ocean loungers everyday for the guests. This rarely happened, but if all the ocean/beach loungers are used, just ask the staff to bring out more and they gladly will. The hotel is modern and very clean. The cleaning staff ladies were so friendly and you can usually catch them dancing while cleaning. The beach may look small to you in pictures, but it is the perfect size. There is the odd group of local people who are unbelievably friendly and always willing to tell you information about their beautiful country. Almost everyday, we experienced turtles swimming approximately 15 feet from us. They are a very sacred creature to the Barbados natives and it creates a passion in yourself for these turtles. Ask the locals about their turtles, you will love to hear about them. Excursions: we were able to venture out on 2 excursions during our stay. We did the El Tiger catamaran which was amazing, Michelle will guide you to this excursion. It included swimming (and touching) sea turtles in their natural environment, exotic fish and breathtaking coral. A lunch was included which was delicious, as well as rum, rum, rum, Banks beer, and more rum! The second excursion we did was a private island day tour. My husband and I had a driver all to ourselves and we toured the entire country. We learned so many great things about Barbados. I would highly recommend an island tour (whether private or larger group) to see the country and all it has to offer. We did this tour on a cloudier day (which rarely happened). Weather: The weather was 30 degrees Celsius everyday we were there. I took a few cardigans, which were a few too many. I would suggest taking one pair of pants and one sweater for "just in case" but other than that, you will be in your bathing suit, shorts, and light clothing the whole time. At night, it ranged between 25-28 degrees, I was always comfortable in a summer dress. Tips: take extra sunscreen, I preferred Barbados dollars over U.S. dollars, your own shampoo/conditioner/soaps, don't worry about beach towels- they provide fresh ones everyday, bring a "to-go" mug for cold water or cocktails on the beach (so you don't have to make trips back and forth), bring snorkel gear (you can purchase at Walmart for approx. $35.00 Canadian) as you can snorkel in front of the hotel or catch a quick ride to Brown's beach, experience the Regae bus rides, bring some ear plugs if you want to sleep in past 7:00 a.m. due to some traffic noise, I wouldn't recommend bringing children here, order "The Shannon", go to Oistins Fish Fry on Friday night AND have the time of your life. The staff are more than welcome to help you with any questions, needs or assistance. They are AMAZING! My husband and I have already planned our trip to return next year. GO TO BARBADOS!!!!
"Romantic Dinner"
01/29/16 Barbie62 Peace River, Canada
We didn't stay at this hotel but did choose to have a lovely dinner here. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. The food was beautifully prepared and presented, out waitress (Tina I think) was very professional but also very pleasant. It was a evening we will never forget.
"First time in Barbados"
01/26/16 Victoria123 Edinburgh, United Kingdom
This is an excellent hotel for first timers to Barbados, went in early January with Tropical Sky. All the food we had was excellent every course of every meal. The hotel is small with no communal areas except the outside bar and the restaurant, this gives opportunities to speak to other guests and we became friendly with several. It's right on the beach and the hotel has a few beach beds and umbrellas and also some beds and chairs around the small pool, we never had any trouble getting a bed, but be warned you need shade wherever you are. The rooms were very good all looking out over the sea, higher rooms perhaps have a more unrestricted view and there are two rooms at pool level which may be useful for those not wanting to climb the stairs (no lift) There is noise from the road at the front of the hotel but it's not as noisy as the waves at the back. This was our first all inclusive holiday and it worked well, however, if you want to sample outside restaurants you will in effect be paying twice. The boardwalk is right in front of the hotel and takes you to Accra beach where there is a beach bar (TIKI's) and beds and umbrellas, the boardwalk is not lit at night and as it gets dark about 6pm there are very few places to walk to after dinner, so be warned you will need transport to go anywhere--use the reggae busess. We did go to St Lawrence gap one night for a drink at Primo--recommended. we also had lunch at Lone Star which has a stunning location and good food--recommended. We also went to The Crane, if you visit this beach it is essential to access via the hotel and use the lift--lunch here again was good with a spectacular view of the ocean. We hired a car for two days, be warned there are very few road signs and you will get lost even on this small island. We were not impressed by Bridgetown but Holetown further north is worth a look. To conclude Barbados had a fabulous climate at this time of year and the SoCo was an excellent introduction, if we returned we would probably go further up the coast near Holetown but this would inevitably be far more expensive--give the So Co a try you will not be disappointed.
"Nice all inclusive option"
01/23/16 Steve R Peterborough, Canada
We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Soco hotel. Lets have a look at the good the bad and the outright ugly. Lets start with the good. The rooms were well appointed and all had great views of the ocean. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was cleaned to a high standard and fresh bath and beach towels were also supplied daily. Prior to the trip we were a little concerned about the all inclusive meals and the standard of food we would receive. This concern was totally unfounded. The food was excellent with the dinner and lunch menu changing every couple of days. The meal selection was a nice mixture of local and international. Unlike other reviewers, our party of six people did not experience menu items not being available. For the most part the meals were served in a timely manner and with a smile. Any additions or requests to changes to the meal menu's were happily catered for. The location of the hotel is right at the beginning of the boardwalk which makes it ideal for those of us who enjoy a walk or run as a way to relax. There are also nice beach walks in both directions. The bad. The service in the bar and restaurant area was inconsistent at times with Michelle being the real exception. Unfortunately hotels can’t rely on a single person to make them tick. Some of the other staff would be advised to take a page out of her book. The little extras in the room that make a good hotel into a great hotel were missing. Cheap and sometimes none functioning coffee makers in the rooms along with really sub standard bathrooms products such as soap and shampoo are small things but can really make a difference. The noise from the road did start early, around 6:30am but it didn’t bother us too much as we were up to see the sun rise. Between the six of us we had 3 rooms on different floors throughout the hotel and the noise did vary depending on the room location. Our one big issue and its a personal thing is that because we don’t really drink alcohol we requested the possibility of having coconut water and some fresh limes and lemons. This request was made on day's one and three of our stay and neither item materialized. Again this is not a huge issue but for a hotel of this standard not to be able to supply items that grow in huge abundance on the island was a little mystifying. The outright ugly. We had to leave beautiful Barbados to travel home to the cold and snow. I guess this is not really the hotels fault :-) All in all we had a great stay and would certainly recommend the Soco Hotel. If any of the management reads these reviews which it seems that they do, a few small changes could make all the difference.
"Soco, on the beach"
01/22/16 Jules R Ainsdale, United Kingdom
Greeted by Andrew on arrival giving us a thorough step by step guide to the hotel. Our room was spacious and clean, kept spotless throughout our stay by the lovely housekeeping team. Soco is situated on the main road so the rooms do pick up the traffic noise and the reggae buses tooting their horns from early morning. Saying this the view from the room overlooking the beach and the sunsets were amazing. The seating by the bar being another ideal place to watch the sun go down. The food was very good and for the 10 day stay I can only recall having one meal which wasn't cooked to perfection. The service at times was haphazard, the staff were called in from all parts of the hotel to help at meal services. This did cause problems as we expected more. Waiting for drinks, condiments, salad dressings was unacceptable, especially when occurring on a regular basis. When on holiday, especially in the Caribbean we do expect to eat outside. This became a problem on several occasions as there are not enough tables on the veranda to accommodate everyone. This was our major complaint with the hotel and at times spoilt our holiday.