All hotels in Hastings, Barbados
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereHastings, Hastings, Christ Church, BB15156, Barbados, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.8
    4.8
"Great boutique hotel right on the beach!"
My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Barbados and could not have made a better choice than the Soco hotel. The staff was attentive and genuinely friendly and personable. One night when my husband's relatives came to visit us Christine made a point of coming over and introducing herself and talking with them. The food was incredible as well. Always hot and flavorful and a varied menu every day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Excellent All-Inclusive Hotel"
SoCo is a great experience. Amazingly friendly staff, quiet, beautiful beach. The food and drinks were all great. My only less than perfect experience was the air conditioning in our room. Our room never cooled down as much as I would have liked, so sleeping was not the most comfortable. But, overall we loved our stay and would return.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Katie

"Loved it!"
Great staff, good food, so relaxing! We really liked the decor and the room had lots of storage. Good spot to take a dip in the sea, or walk the beach or boardwalk. Many amenities within walking distance. Intimate atmosphere, personalized service. We'd return in a heartbeat!
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Wendi
"Excellent hotel would definitely return again"
We had a wonderful experience with friendly, kind and caring staff.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014

"Un paradiso di relax sul mare"
L'hotel si affaccia sul mare e tutte le camere hanno una bella vista. La spiaggia è piccola ma vicinissima all'hotel, con lettini e ombrelloni a disposizione dei clienti. Le camere sono davvero spaziose, con un letto enorme e adeguato arredamento. La cucina è ottima, con la possibilità di scegliere tra diversi antipasti, piatti principali e dessert. La formula all-inclusive comprende anche i cocktail al bar della piscina e lo spuntino all'ora del the. Unico neo: dopo cena la zona non offre molte possibilità di svago e quindi l'unica alternativa sono due chiacchiere al bar oppure prendere l'auto per spostarsi verso altre zone più "vive".
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Simone
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for The SoCo Hotel

"Based on Tripadvisors reviews, we expected more."
04/15/15 haapsalu kleinburg
My husband and I stayed at the ScCo for 11 nights in February of this year. I did not write our reviews earlier as we have been trying to receive a reimbursement from the hotel for our loss, due to their error of not charging the credit card which was given to them on arrival. Instead they charged the card which they had on file from the time that we made our initial one night payment. This mistake created a loss for us. Now for the good and bad. Daily cleaning of rooms good, clean towels every day. Quality of soap and shampoo is not good, take your own. All rooms face the ocean, nice view.Traffic noise starts at six. Not suitable for light sleepers. The food is just o.k. Breakfast menu never changes. Don't expect orange or any other juice. Instead of juice, you will be served fruit drinks. If you order fruit plate, you will get a few thin slices of cantaloupe, pineapple and watermelon. Should you want a small yogurt cup, there is none. Lunch and dinner menu rotates every two days, however the items on each menu never change. More variety would have been welcome. The biggest disappointment of our stay was the Valentine Day dinner menu. We had hoped for some small recognition of this special day, but to our surprise there was just two "all Inclusive" items on the menu, Chicken with rice and Catch of the day. For the other three items there was a $40.00/$45/00 surcharge. The quality of the one white and red wine that was included in the "all inclusive" was not good. For better quality, there was an extra cost. The drinks were made with low end spirits, but tasted quite good, mixed with many tropical "juices". The service was good. The staff was friendly and always had a kind word and a happy smile. This is the hotels strong point. There was no entertainment. Evenings were spent at the bar with other guests. Many people retired early for a good nights sleep, before the start of traffic noise. The beach is public, which is o.k., except that one day when the wind blew in lots of seaweed, it was never cleaned up. Also, the water gets very rough with incoming tides. It is calm when the tide is out. We did not see the pool cleaned, maybe it was done during the night. We did not swim in the pool. My husband and I have travelled to many five star resorts in the Caribbean and must honestly say that the SoCo is at best a three star hotel. Reading the five star reviews, I notice that many are repeat customers. If you always visit the same hotel, you have nothing to compare it with. Overall, we felt that the hotel "cut corners" where possible. If we visit Barbados again, we will make a different choice of a hotel. Still we are not sorry that we stayed at the SoCo, but we expected better.
"Fantastic holiday!"
04/13/15 Hanah P Manchester, United Kingdom
Beautiful hotel overlooking the crystal blue sea. The hotel is right on the beach and by the boardwalk which is a great opportunity to go for a nice walk along the sea. The rooms were always very clean, all of which have a large balcony with a sea view. Due to the hotel being smaller, there are not the facilities you might find in bigger resorts, there is a small swimming pool, however, with the sea just a step away there is ample opportunity for a swim! The food at the Soco was truly delicious. The portion sizes were great and the food was extremely fresh and tasty. Although there is a set menu, it changes regularly giving a variety of meals to choose from, with freshly caught fish always on the menu. We certainly never went hungry throughout the stay. As someone who struggles with spicy food, I found some of the sauces and dressings a bit spicy for my taste (I find everything spicy) so I would sometimes ask for sauces on the side which they were happy to oblige! Perhaps the best thing about the hotel is the staff. All of whom are extremely friendly, chatty and will do their best to make your holiday special. Michelle, the manager, is a real character. She always has a welcoming smile on her face and makes the hotel. The staff were all a delight and made the holiday that bit more special. During our stay, we organised a tour via the hotel to see the Hunts garden, Harrisons cave and Basheba... a fantastic day out with lots to see. We also went on a catamaran trip organised by Michelle which was another fantastic day. Another highlight is the rum tasting event run by Michelle on a Wednesday morning. Shots of local rum washed down with a rum punch... delicious. If you fully partake in the rum tasting on the Wednesday, I would advice not to plan much more for the rest of the day, other than lying by the pool and rehydrating with some more cocktails. As stated in some of the other reviews, there is road noise in the hotel room, however, because of the jet lag we were waking up for about 6am so was not a bother, it meant we were able to enjoy more in the day. I would not necessarily recommend this for families, due to the small size of the hotel the lack of facilities could be restricting. It was a truly wonderful visit and we would highly recommend staying at the hotel!
"Phenomenal week at the Soco"
04/10/15 Jo L Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Can't say enough good things about the staff and the accommodations. Everyone was very attentive and personable and made every effort to make our stay most enjoyable. There is one restaurant and the food is fabulous and the menu changes constantly. Special shout out to our fave bartenders Neal, shannah and Karen....we feel like we found new best friends! Michelle is the jack of all trades and there is nothing she won't do to make sure you have a fun filled day. Book here , you won't be sorry. At the airport and we already miss you guys!
"Soco stole my heart"
03/29/15 ktmoz holmfirth
When I say stole, that is a fib.....I gave my heart willingly - what a beautiful hotel, filled with brilliant staff in probably the most glorious setting in Barbados. I didn't really want to post this review - I am scared that this hotel will become so popular I will never be able to get back in! From the moment you enter the hotel you are catered for with calm reassuring grace, cool flannels and rum punch :-) The hotel is small and fairly quiet, right next to the boardwalk and on one of the nicest beaches. We were very lucky and the turtles came to feed on the reef most afternoons - we were blessed !!! So, no down points to this little corner of heaven,,,,will I go back "you betcha"
"Beautiful Hotel and Island"
03/27/15 coach6739
My wife and I went to the SoCo on 3/18-3/26. The hotel is right on Boardwalk and right on the water , it is in a ideal location. We went with the all inclusive package And it was fantastic , the food was outstanding made fresh for you everyday and serve with the best servers on the Island of Barbados, Just want to give a shoutout to Tina and Julieanne I think I got Tina's partner name right for your fine service and great laughs. Love spending time with both of you thanks for having the Splenda ready for my wife .The water was beautiful and warm. We went for a lovely stroll every morning and every night on the Boardwalk to work off some lbs from the great food and desserts . The bartenders we had were great making whatever drink you want but Shannon was outstanding and very freindly. Shannon take it easy working out don't hurt yourself you look great, have a great time in Brooklyn. The noise did not bother us from the street. We went to the race track for a day of horse racing it was a great time you sit along the railing on the outside of the track with all the locals and bet on the horses you see them go right by and not more then 15 feet away it was a blast and I hit a triple . And on Sunday and Thursday @ 630am they take the horses to the beach by the Marriott to bath and to get a workout in the Caribbean it was fun to watch the horses have a blast . Last but not least the best host on the Island is Michelle, thanks for all your help with what to do and when to do it on your beautiful Island.
"Seasoned Barbados traveller finds new favourite place!"
03/25/15 ourweekendaway Huddersfield, United Kingdom
The SoCo hotel is set in a perfect location for a peaceful adult holiday - right the beach with sunbeds and both "swimming Lagoons" and coral for snorkeling, and a lovely clean pool at the hotel for dipping.To the right are beautifully long beach walks as far as you want to go, to the left is the boardwalk to Rockley Beach (Accra) with a few restaurants/bars along the way. Just off the boardwalk and over the road are shops/chemist etc. The rooms all have fantastic sea/sunset/boardwalk-people-watching views, and are spacious (particularly the Deluxe room that comfortably slept myself and friend in kingsized bed and comfy kingsized sofabed) They are modern and simple with plenty of drawer/wardrobe space. The staff - particularly Michelle (thank you Michelle) are all friendly and helpful, and the food was totally delicious!!! I am struggling to fault The SoCo, and I will be back soon. :)
"Not as great as I expected based on the Tripadvisor reviews but good enough, just."
03/20/15 Lorraine B Swindon, United Kingdom
I always read reviews before booking a hotel, and therefore apreachiate honest feedback. As far as the SoCo is concerned I feel some reviewers have ignored the negative aspects of the hotel which can significantly impacted on levels of enjoyment. Please read my honest review so that you can be prepared! 1) the traffic noise is extremely annoying, you will be woken as early as 06.00 by noisy bus horns which blast out at intervals every 5 mins or so. 2) there is only one bar which is outside, if it rains, which it did on a couple of evenings during our stay, this renders it unusable unless you are happy to get very wet. 3) the hotel is very small which can result in feeling quite clostriphobic, you run into the same people all of the time and if friendships have already formed and you are the 'newbees' it can feel somewhat awkward. Others may see this as a positive of course. 4) the food was nice, but I would not rave about it as others have. We had some very nice meals but the puddings were disappointing and the menus somewhat repetitive. All meals are served by staff and portion size in some cases was small. Service was a bit 'hit and miss' at times especially when other members of staff helped out and forgot to put orders in! For the first three mornings we asked for decaf coffee and were told "we will get it tomorrow", tomorrow never came. This request was due to a medical condition not a preference so a little disappointed about this. 5) there is no lift, we were on the forth floor which was a bit much at times but the views from the balcony were lovely. 6) the majority of staff were very friendly and really tried to make us feel welcome. 7) the rooms were lovely and clean, we had clean towels everyday even when we indicated we were happy to use them for another day. 8) the hotel is situated right on the beach which is nice but also right onto the road which runs into Bridgetown. The boardwalk is great for a walk, it's about a mile in length. You will have a nice walk looking out to sea, look in the other direction and you will see derilict buildings which is a shame but hopefully they will be transformed one day. 9) the hotel does not offer any evening entertainment so once dinner was finished the only option was to prop up the bar (weather permitting) go out or have an early night. We chose the latter given we were waking so early! 10) we felt very safe when out and about and liked the friendly local people we met. To conclude; the holiday was nice. If the hotel made a few changes it would help. The noise from the road could be reduced significantly by either blocking in the open balcony that faces the road, or by installing an internal door in the rooms. It would also help if there was a nice lounge area with a bar as well as the bar in the open swimming pool area. I apreachiate that accommodation is limited but perhaps by sacrificing the two ground floor rooms this could be achieved.
"On the boardwalk"
03/17/15 martinh64 gloucester
Lovely hotel, boutique, circa 24 rooms and I'm pretty sure they all have a sea view. No lift, but the exercise is good for you! The hotel is located at the end of the boardwalk, which is good for an early evening stroll. It has a nice swimming area clear of rocks in the sea, immediately outside the hotel: the locals use it early in the morning so I guess that's a recommendation. The hotel's pool is fine, but the sea is always better. Weather was extremely acceptable in October, although we may have got lucky because apparently it's the rainy season, but we didn't see any rain or even much cloud. A few beach hawkers (not many at all) and the occasional ones who tried were friendly and fairly easily dissuaded. I have never had such good all inclusive food anywhere else I've been - it was a la carte for all meals, with a good selection, cooked to order (you can see it being cooked) and very good quality; restaurant quality every time. Staff were all very friendly and attentive. Local trips were pretty good; we went on the 'El Tigre' catamaran out of Bridgetown and had a good day out cruising along the coat to Sandy Lane, swimming with turtles, etc.. We went to Oisins for the Friday night fish-fry (do it once for the experience and go back if you enjoyed it, which we did - catch the local bus - there's loads of them, they're dirt cheap and fun, if you don't mind being packed in). We went on a couple of other trips that were good, though not exceptional. We went to Champers Restaurant for a special night out on my birthday - it's walkable from Soco along the seafront if you want to, or else a short taxi ride. great food, affordable for a visit and a memorable night out. Get the hotel to book it for you - they will do so happily and that way you'll get a table overlooking the sea (it's on stilts over the sea, with uplighters, downlighters and the like illuminating the sea: really nice). Would highly recommend it.
"Slightly disappointing"
03/14/15 x111sar Derbyshire
Our second visit to this beautifully positioned beach side boutique hotel, which is beginning to show some wear and tear in the bedrooms. The staff are fab and the food was even better than last year with plenty of choice and great quality ingredients. The disappointment was that the hotel was advertised by Tropical Sky as 'No infants' and there were three babies resident during our stay. I am a teacher and have also done my time in child friendly places with my own child. I wanted this precious week of holiday to be total relaxation and spent with adults. The children were perfectly lovely, but I did not want to spend meals listening to babies crying and toddlers being placated. Sadly, we would not book again at this hotel or with this company.
"Third visit and definitely not our last!"
03/13/15 Travelnut20 leicestershire
Another wonderful holiday at this super boutique hotel. With only 24 rooms it lends itself to being friendly without the guests feeling suffocated. I think we spoke to just about all the guests during our stay and we met some lovely people. The food was amazing. At first glance the portions look small but I never left the table feeling hungry and as usual returned home heavier than when I left! The rum tasting with Michelle is a must and I would recommend a catamaran trip.