All hotels in Hastings, Barbados

• 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
    4.8
"Excellent in every way. Can't wait to get back!"
My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. This was our first time to Barbados. We chose this hotel strictly based on the Expedia and Trip Advisor reviews, which were all excellent. Soco exceeded our expectations. The hotel was sleek and modern, the food was excellent, the staff was superb, and the location was ideal for romantic walks and sunning. We loved everything about the island and the hotel. We really hit the jackpot with Soco. We are already trying to figure out when we can return.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
T
"Amazing hotel"
I will definitely go back to this hotel. Everything was AMAZING! The staff made sure anything and everything that we needed was taken care, the food could not have been any better and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. I was on the 4th floor and the traffic noise was a little loud, but nothing to complain about. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Kellie S
"Amazing location, staff, and service."
Lovely boutique hotel. Staff, particularly Michelle the concierge, were gracious, professional, and made our trip truly memorable. We cannot say enough about the amazing cuisine. Every meal highlighted the culinary talents of the kitchen with a fresh and ever changing menu. On every level, from dining to housekeeping, linens, and location, this was truly one of the best places we have ever stayed. Not only do we highly recommend this hotel, but suggest it as a must stay in the Caribbean. Jim and Jill Louisiana
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Jim and Jill
This little hotel in Hastings is a gem! Food was wonderful, staff was very friendly and helpful. Felt like our home away from home! Everything we needed or wanted was at our fingertips.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Babs
"A unique gem"
My husband and I had a really good stay here. While the hotel isn't equipped with extra amenities like a spa or fitness center, the staff here is beyond incredible and go above and beyond to make sure that you enjoy your stay at the hotel and the island. The hotel is all inclusive and the meals served here are top notch with a menus offering a variety of dishes including delicious local fare. There is also a beautiful boardwalk which begins behind the hotel and continues for slightly less than a mile along the beach - perfect for morning and evening strolls, power walks, runs and spectacular sunset views.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great boutique hotel right on the beach!"
My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Barbados and could not have made a better choice than the Soco hotel. The staff was attentive and genuinely friendly and personable. One night when my husband's relatives came to visit us Christine made a point of coming over and introducing herself and talking with them. The food was incredible as well. Always hot and flavorful and a varied menu every day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Excellent All-Inclusive Hotel"
SoCo is a great experience. Amazingly friendly staff, quiet, beautiful beach. The food and drinks were all great. My only less than perfect experience was the air conditioning in our room. Our room never cooled down as much as I would have liked, so sleeping was not the most comfortable. But, overall we loved our stay and would return.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Katie

"Loved it!"
Great staff, good food, so relaxing! We really liked the decor and the room had lots of storage. Good spot to take a dip in the sea, or walk the beach or boardwalk. Many amenities within walking distance. Intimate atmosphere, personalized service. We'd return in a heartbeat!
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Wendi
"Excellent hotel would definitely return again"
We had a wonderful experience with friendly, kind and caring staff.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014

"Un paradiso di relax sul mare"
L'hotel si affaccia sul mare e tutte le camere hanno una bella vista. La spiaggia è piccola ma vicinissima all'hotel, con lettini e ombrelloni a disposizione dei clienti. Le camere sono davvero spaziose, con un letto enorme e adeguato arredamento. La cucina è ottima, con la possibilità di scegliere tra diversi antipasti, piatti principali e dessert. La formula all-inclusive comprende anche i cocktail al bar della piscina e lo spuntino all'ora del the. Unico neo: dopo cena la zona non offre molte possibilità di svago e quindi l'unica alternativa sono due chiacchiere al bar oppure prendere l'auto per spostarsi verso altre zone più "vive".
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Simone
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for The SoCo Hotel

"EXCELLENT 100%"
07/27/15 Lauren S
My husband and I visited The Soco Hotel over the weekend and I must say it was a wonderful experience.... friendly and courteous staff... excellent service they made our stay perfect! Thanks to everyone on the soco team.... Michelle, Andrew, Leah just to mention some of the wonderful people who makes it happen! We would most definitely visit again soon!!!
"What a little gem!!"
07/27/15 Sue D
I am sitting on my balcony overlooking the Caribbean Sea in this idyllic hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff have been wonderful making every guest feel welcome and special.... Totally professional with nothing being too much trouble. Michelle is the font of all knowledge with such a beautiful smile... What an asset to this terrific hotel. The food is as good as you could expect from any high class restaurant, excellent quality and wonderfully presented. We celebrated our wedding anniversary during our stay and given a lovely table overlooking the sea all dressed up with balloons... So special. If you are thinking of booking this hotel don't hastate, wonderful stay....we will be back Thank You.
"Wonderful"
07/27/15 GSC63 Stafford, United Kingdom
We stayed at the Soco Hotel in March 2015. Everything about the stay was wonderful - the room, the hotel, the staff (all of them and, in particular Michelle), the beach. It was peaceful, friendly, laid back, relaxing, informal but also smart. We liked everything about our visit. Local people were charming and courteous. Drivers were thoughtful - and the Reggae buses were an experience. We intend to visit again next year. Gwen and John
"A Week in Paradise"
07/26/15 Andrew K New Orleans, Louisiana
We were greeted late in the evening with a ready made cocktail and a dinner they had prepared aside for us, knowing we would be hungry after our flight. The attention to detail and care in this establishment is superb. All of the employees were phenomenal, but there were a few stand-outs in particular that deserve honorable mention: Michelle, the activities coordinator for the guests at the hotel, does an amazing job at maintaining a positive atmosphere and encouraging the island fever. Without her, we would have been lost at every turn! Neil, our debonair bartender, makes top rate cocktails from a bar many would founder with. He uses basic ingredients to paint a canvas of tropical spirits and his lively attitude fosters a welcoming environment. The housekeeping staff is excellent and thorough - the 2 year old hotel is maintained in impeccable order. The food (and restaurant staff altogether) certainly impressed. Throughout the 9 day trip we were on, we repeated meals ONCE and that was because the flying fish is done perfectly every single time. The chefs have a creative assortment of menus that they rotate through, and with the cocktail pairings certainly gets your moneys worth! The beachfront is pristine - definitely one of the best beachfronts in the area. The west coast in general has the calmer waters and prettier beaches, but after exploring the island we were perfectly contented to stay at our local beach, both for convenience and quality. At one point we actually saw a hawkbill turtle attempting to nest along the boardwalk! Overall, I would definitely return to this resort. One critique I may have is the general inaccessibility to exercise facilities, but they provide connections to nearby facilities, so this is only a minor complaint. Otherwise, everyone from the service to the owner of the hotel were very courteous and eager to assist. A very big thank you to the Soco Hotel Staff for helping make our vacation as smooth and pleasant as it was! See you next time! Andrew and Carolyn
"The most amazing experience ever at The Soco Hotel Barbados !"
07/22/15 Andy M Trinidad
Choosing the Soco Hotel was the best decision that I made for my family and I . The service was excellent! The staff (can't remember all the names )especially this amazing individual named Michelle made us feel like royalty for a couple of days. We were so amazed at the view from our room, clean room and great food. If the good lord permits, this is where we will return to next year for sure! Thanks guys! You all will remain in our hearts forever.
"Great trip"
07/22/15 e y Hastings, Barbados
The SOCO hotel is an excellent place to stay while in Barbados. The staff, (especially Michelle) food and accommodations are all exceptional! The location of the property makes getting around town a breeze. If you are looking for a laid back and relaxing experience without sacrificing most of the comforts you may be accustomed to- then this is the place for you. We would certainly return the next time that we are in Barbados!
"A Time Well Spent!!!"
07/18/15 shellyann2015 Brooklyn, New York
Let me start this off from the beginning by saying my wife and I who we recently got married in May of this year. We got married in St.Thomas and honeymooned in Barbados.The trip from St.Thomas to Barbados was truly a disaster. St.Thomas which is quite beautiful and we enjoyed immensely but my wife wanted to honeymoon at a different location.To get from St.Thomas to Barbados is quite a chore I will never do that again. The flight was too long and you have to switch planes in Antigua to make a long story short it was horrible. When we finally arrived we were greeted by our Taxi driver who waited forever for us to reach Barbados thanks to LIAT(airlines) a flight to long, but he was still very pleasant,thanks to Chief Justice Marston Gibson for his hospitality and arranging for our pick up from the airport. So you can imagine after all of that me and my wife were quite exhausted and ready to relax. When we reached the Soco hotel we were greeted by Andrew who manages during the night and Orlando who does security. Our bags where quickly taken to our room and some brief instructions on the policies of the hotel were given. I forgot to mention that by the time we arrived the kitchen was closed but Andrew got me and my wife some quite tasty little sandwiches and drinks which were waiting for us in the room. One of the things that Andrew mentioned during the introduction was that in the morning we would be greeted by Michelle who manages things at the SoCo during the day and makes sure your every desire is fulfilled, everything Michelle is a slogan used because she will make sure your every wish come true. When we were first greeted by Michelle her electrifying smile was truly a ice breaker and she truly made us feel welcome.Now if you are reading my review then you probably read others and all the good things that people wrote are true the rooms are great and the view is fantastic. The staff at the SoCo is top notch I mean everyone from the manager Michelle down to the cleaning lady Sinorita. Now let me get down too it and tell you about the food which I can't put it into words but it was fantastic the chefs at this place really put some love into these meals, if your on a diet good luck with THAT at the SoCo. If you are a traveler who loves good food and who enjoys a pleasant atmosphere / environment I mean everything from the accommodations down to the staff and let me not leave out the drinks at the SoCo this is the place for you. Me and my wife will be definitely be going back to Barbados staying at the SoCo and spending some more time with Michelle so she can show us the rest of the Island and do some more things with her, she was fantastic (EVERY THING BARBADOS WITH MICHELLE) (uh huh I got you covered) thats Michelle's favorite saying.Our last night was truly special it was a memorable evening at dinner our menus were personalized to signify our honeymoon they pulled out all the stops they really know how to go all out at the SoCo Hotel which really made us feel special. To put it all in words, it was fantastic a honeymoon that we will never forget, yes it was a time well spent.Me and my wife would like to thank the SoCo Hotel I mean everyone from Michelle who came in on her day off and took us on a tour, Andrew, Debra, Erleen,Christina, Neal, Karen, Tina, Bentia, Orlando and I'm sure I left out a few names but they know who they are and they were truly a pleasure TOP NOTCH!!! Keith & Shelly
"Third visit to paradise!!"
07/13/15 Chris D Manchester, England, United Kingdom
We stayed at the SoCo for 2 weeks in May and yet again we were so impressed with the amazing staff. This was our 3rd visit and we were welcomed back like old friends. Although Michelle was officially on holiday during our stay, she was around most days making sure that everyone enjoyed their holiday to the full( arranging catamaran trips, tours of the island, nights out to the brilliant Harbour Lights and her infamous rum tastings!!) Every one of the staff are prepared to go the extra mile- special mention to Erline who delivered our morning coffee at 11am without us even having to ask!! The rooms are fabulous and the view from the balconies is second to none! The food this year was even better than last year and is certainly the best we have ever had on an all inclusive holiday. Can't wait to go back!!!
"Michelle's Got You Covered!"
07/12/15 Surfbeachbum London, United Kingdom
Quite simply a top place is pretty much every way. The hotel team take what is already a brilliant hotel to an outstanding level, led by Michelle who really does have you covered for whatever you need. The hotel is great, perfectly small, simply and tastefully appointed, very clean and with a great view over the ocean from every room. Perfectly small in that the hotel has a intimate atmosphere and you will find it difficult not to become part of an extended holiday family made up of the other guests and staff. Was a blast from start to finish, from the rum punch handed over by Shay within the first few moments of walking into reception, through to Michelle's rum tasting on Wednesday mornings (best make that a beach day) .. To the trips available which the hotel will arrange for you with no fuss, the boat trip to see the turtles was a highlight. Came away having made some great friends ... guests when we were there in July were a mix of British and North American, and everyone had a happy vibe, made up in equal measures of the laid back guests themselves, the intimate hotel style that made it easy to get to know people, the staff who look after you with real kindness and last but not least a good measure of rum! All the staff deserve a mention, so to try to name check everyone I can remember, sorry to those I haven't ... Much love to Shay, Karen, Karen, Shannon, Michelle, and main man Neal. If you prefer a smaller hotel, where you will get to know people, make friends and be looked after and get to know the staff then this is undoubtedly the place for you. We will be back! Simon & Antoine
"Wonderful staff and great food!"
07/12/15 notaholidayToronto Toronto, Canada
We have been to Barbados several times; Pro's to the location: you are close Oistens; St. Lawrence gap. Bus outside door and walking distance to shops. Cons: Not the nicest beaches and I like to swim in the morning way too shallow even to do a simple stroke; Seaweed was gone from that location when we were there.We took a bus to different areas like Mullens. Food was excellent -we only had lunch there a couple of times. We aren't cocktail drinkers so we picked up different wines up the street to have during dinner and water for our room. Staff outstanding warm and and friendly. Christine is very professional. Loved the bartender Neal; he is a character. Quaint hotel so you met lots of great people. Chefs' were amazing, my husband who is Italian and cooks; loved the pizza and everything about the meals especially the sweet potatoes. I had seared tuna a few nights it was fresh and prepared well. Huge Turtle came up to shore to lay eggs;-manager called us to come and see; amazing. Hotel organized diving trips for me with Barbados Blue Water Sports. They are located at the Hilton which is about 5 min drive from the hotel. They pick you up and the price is reasonable for 2 tank dive. Price gets reduced if you do more dives. I got to see lots of turtles. They were very professional as well. Barbados is one of my favourite islands, I'm never disappointed.