All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereMt. Luho, Bgy. Balabag, Boracay Island, Aklan, 5608, Philippines, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Change of pace hotel, away from the beach"
Stayed 3 nights by the beach and 3 nights at Tanawin. Was a little worried when we first got there, as we had just left a really nice hotel (Garden Boracay), and first impressions of Tanawin as you approach the "front desk" feels a bit like "what did we just get ourselves into?" Once we were inside our apartment, some of my concerns went away, as it was very spacious, clean and great views. However, the couches are very uncomfortable and dirty, and there is no TV in the bedrooms. We did enjoy the comfortable beds, nice big showers, and ability to cook in your own kitchen. My only other disappointment was the pool, it looks much nicer in the photos, but not very luxurious, no shallow end, only a kiddie pool, and not much in terms of shade relief. Not a true infinity pool. Distance from beach is overrated, shuttle makes it very convenient, just a 10 minute ride. Overall, it served it's purpose as a getaway from the beach hustle and bustle. It could be a lot better with a few simple improvements though.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014

"Small friendly hotel away from the crowds"
High on a hill overlooking the island Tanawin is away from the crowds but you rely on the hotel shuttle which runs every hour to take you down to the main area. There are bicycle taxis if you want to come back at a different time but these often had trouble getting up the hill. The hotel is small which gives it a family feel. Small restaurant but adequate. Pool is nice but the grounds are small. Each of the hotel rooms are different. We had a family2 bedroom which was huge and had all cooking facilities. Beds are good. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Booked most of our activities through them and had no problem. Also make sure you book your pick up from the airport through the hotel because it is quite an adventure getting there- short bus trip , then on to a very basic outrigger type boat, short bus trip again then on to another bus which takes you up to Tanawin. All done with no problems and make sure you have local money for tipping.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Chook

"아주 만족한 방문이었습니다."
디몰과는 멀지만 저는 최고의 위치라고 생각합니다. 바로 옆이 루호산 전망대라 경치가 아주 좋습니다. 침실에서 바라보는뷰가 기가막히고 페어웨이 골프장이 한눈에 들어옵니다. 아쉬운건 골프장 반대쪽이 전체적으로 공사중이라 그게 맘에 걸리지만 블라복비치의 전경은 끝내줍니다. 옥상에서 보시면 환상적인 일몰을 보실 수 있습니다. 조식도 훌륭하고 산에 위치해서 그런지 개미가 있는걸 빼곤 룸 컨디션도 만족스럽습니다. 재방문 의사 100프로입니다.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
DONGJIN
KR
"깔끔한 숙소, 아쉬운 주변환경"
숙소는 깔끔하고 좋으나, 숙소 내 편의 시설 외에는 따로 나가지 않으면 주변에는 아무것도 없음. 매 1시간마다 D mall로 셔틀 운행함에 따라, 주로 D Mall로 나가서 시간을 보냄
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2014
HK
2 night trip Apr 17, 2014
HK

TripAdvisor reviews for Tanawin Resort and Luxury Apartments

"Excellent view, good facilities, wonderful service"
05/24/15 TeddyWee Singapore, Singapore
Just got back from my Boracay holiday and I'm writing this review immediately because this place is THAT GOOD. Panoramic view of the entire island all around, stunning sunset, and an extremely scenic swimming pool. I stayed in Pool Suite 1 and the morning view greeting me from the bed was nothing short of amazing. There is no doubt that the hotel is family friendly, as I saw some families there during my stay. Also, the hotel is gay friendly. I wanted a 3-night romantic getaway for my anniversary holiday with my gay partner and we emailed the hotel in advance to inform them that we were a gay partner. There was no discrimination at all. Further, the staff took the effort to decorate the bed with towel swans and flower petals. The staff were friendly and helpful as well with recommendations and booking for Mt Luho activities, such as ATV and Zipline (they appear to have some discounts when booking through the hotel staff). The shuttle service is useful for getting down the mountain to D'Mall and/or other locations (during our stay, we managed to get the driver to drop us at other locations along White Beach). Moreover the driver was friendly enough to operate the shuttle whenever they were available even if it was "off-schedule", and I paid a tip between 20 to 50 pesos for these services. On one of the nights, the security guard even brought me and my partner down in his motorcycle, local style (it was fun and he was safe)! Talk about an experience! While it is true that this location is not accessible to White Beach, it nonetheless has its charms and perks. For one, it's a great place for romance and/or a quiet time. The view is to-die-for and the vantage of the roof is almost unparalleled on Mt Luho, beating out most of the other observation towers (which you would have to pay for just to climb up). Just party and eat at White Beach then grab a tricyle-cab for 150pesos back up to Tanawin, if not catch the D'Mall return shuttle (but it ends at 915pm and I believe most people stay later than that at White Beach). Apartment has everything, including stove and utensils to cook, and a really nice refrigerator. Bathroom is clean and roomy. Living room has a nice lcd tv (with good selection of cable channels) and relatively comfy sofas. Bedroom was big and had a great view, bed had decent duvet and sheets. WiFi was free and fast. Objectively, I found two downsides (which I personally did not mind). One, the room had insects at night, such as ants and small beetles. However, nothing frighteningly large or threatening. It is to be expected given the location high up in the mountain in the midst of greenery. This is an apartment and not just a single room, thus it'll be impossible to prevent insects. I noticed the insects were mostly found in the living room close to the balcony window and a handful in the bathroom. I just swept the insects out to the balcony when I could. Not to worry, it is not an infestation and I did not have any gross or close encounters in the bedroom when I slept. No insects entered the bedroom during my stay. Secondly, the air-conditioning was not working very well in the bedroom. I think it required some service maintenance as it was not blowing sufficiently cool air. I solved the problem by sleeping with the room door open and allowing the living room air-con unit (yep the apartment has 2 air-con units) to operate in tandem with the bedroom air-con unit, thus cooling the air overall.
"Breathtaking views!"
03/16/15 fullermichael010 England, United Kingdom
My girlfriend loved it here! They have a great views no regret for the money you paid. We had a romantic dinner here. The stunning sunset view here is totally breathtaking. Pool is great we enjoyed it also their food. Staff are very friendly and they take care of us and concern.
"A Beautiful Apartment with Panoramic View of Boracay"
01/30/15 lirene Singapore
My friends and I were in Boracay for 5 nights. We stayed at Tanawin Sky Blue Pent house on our last 2 night. We fell in love with it on our very first step into the apartment. The concept of the apartment reminded us of Greek Island Santorini. The stuffs are very welcoming and helpful, introducing our rooms, kitchen and also how to operate our jacuzzi. Though not near to white beach, there are free shuttle provided at certain timing. Tricycle to white beach cost 150 peso. We had a big balcony facing bullabog beach, that connect our 2 rooms and our living room. There are 2 long sofa, 4 single and the jacuzzi that can sits 4 at the balcony itself. The biggest bedroom had a 90 degree view to bullabog beach and white beach at the same time. It had a tv, a high table and 2 high chairs for us to drink and chill while watching the nice scenery, a working desk and chair and a large shower room with 2 sinks. The 2nd bedroom had a shared toilet with the living room, and with a view to bullabog beach. The 3rd bedroom had no view but a small lcd tv of its own. The living room had big lcd tv, with sound systems, dvd player. The kitchen is well equipped with toaster, blender, stove, microwave and baking oven. We are able to cook ourself meals at the apartment itself. We enjoyed the swimming pool and its view as well. The owner of the resort is a very nice and warm man who will make his guests feel welcome personally. I will definitely recommend the resort to everyone who is going to stay in Boracay.
"Excellent stay!"
01/18/15 KZ01012015 Seattle, Washington
Stayed at the Tanawin for a week-long family vacation in December and really enjoyed it! We had booked a 2-BR but were upgraded to a 3-BR on the top floor. The suite had a huge balcony, outstanding views of the entire island, and a hot tub. The entire place is tastefully furnished, including top end electronics, kitchen dishes, etc. what we liked most were the staff, who are absolutely wonderful and went out of their way to meet our requests. The location is not at the beach but the resort provides an hourly shuttle. It takes about 5-10 mins to get to/from the main beach area. There is a small restaurant onsite which we used for breakfast a couple of times but generally your best bet is to enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants by the white beach/D Mall area. We used the grocery store by the shuttle drop-off/pick-up location to get basic items for breakfast, snacks, etc. and explored the various restaurants for other meals. If you are looking for a peaceful, quiet family (or romantic) getaway, Tanawin is definitely worth checking out. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the nightlife till the early morning hours, and want to be as close to the beach as possible, this may not be the best place for you.
"Pool suite 2"
10/18/14 SERENESHAU
The location is quiet if you wish to stay away from station 1 which is quite noisy at night due to all the pubs. The location is good as it is near to activities such as the buggy car, zipline, sight-seeing etc. They also provide shuttle to go to the d'mall. I recommend travellers prepare their own meals in the apartment as the kitchen provides all the necessary equipment and utensils. The staffs were all friendly and approachable. There is also free Wi-Fi in the apartment and in the resort. However, there are some negative points. There are many insects in the resort itself, and the apartment also attracts ants easily. The front desk was not 24/7 on standby, the resort does not provide free breakfast and also water. The telephone in pool suite 2 was spoilt but it was not fixed even after my bf informed them.
"Beautiful apartment but far from beach"
07/10/14 Bea Bern G
I was expecting too much from this place considering the reviews written. For me, i dont find it to be the best place to stay in boracay. The location is quite far in order to feel the ambiance of the white beach. There foods really needs improvement and so expensive. The menu seems too many but the outcome is different. For example, tom yang soup is not as you crave it to be but rather taste like "sinigang". For the staff, i would rate them a 3.5star. Nothing extraordinary nor pampered feeling moments with them. In the other side, the apartment is clean, presentable and you can say "it feels like home."
"Tanawin Apartments"
06/19/14 David C Darwin, Australia
We pre booked from Australia based on photos and reviews. We certainly were not let down. The staff are fantastic and the view from the rooftop bar was awesome. I wouldn't recommend it if you're allergic to stairs as there's no lift, but other than that it was really good. Even though it was some distance from D'Mall or White Beach it wasn't a problem as there is an hourly shuttle. Definitely recommend.
"Romantic, Amazing Getaway"
06/13/14 sheli_cious
I traveled last May 04, 2014 and its kinda late doing this review (sorry) :). I am such a critic when it comes to choosing a nice, friendly and accommodating staff, clean hotel and with such great amenities. Tanawin had passed my criteria with 5 stars and a moon :) 15min drive to D'Mall or White Beach has never been a problem with my hubby for there is a free shuttle service every hour until midnight. Its my hubby's bday and ive decided to surprise him and it was really hard for me to decide on what could be the arrangements for I was just calling from Manila but Tanawin's staff has took care of it and the room was ready when we arrived with this cake, balloons and rose petals scattered on the table which seemed like i was there arranging everything though Im not. And for some reason, i think they had upgraded the room i booked for i got this spacious room that was more than what Im expecting. WOW! And one more thing, their BREAKFAST is superb! you wont be needing a hotel that serves buffet because Tanawin's set meal will make your tummy full. Thank you Tanawin for making my hubby a happy man during our entire stay. we'll definitely come back.
"Great place just outside of town!"
06/11/14 Trojanite Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Absolutely fantastic place to stay, just 15 minutes away from all the action! My fiance' and I enjoyed every aspect of the room and hotel and we were completely impressed with the great room they gave us! The food is fantastic, the staff is extremely friendly and polite and the room is a great value for the price! We couldn't say enough great things about the wonderful experience at this place and can't wait to be back here again next year! Thank you so much for making our stay an incredible experience!
"Good choice"
06/06/14 lovenorfolk102 London, United Kingdom
We only stayed at Tanawin for a few days but we had an amazing time. The resort has no lift So for somebody who finds it hard to climb up the stairs specially if your room is on the top floor then you might think twice. However having said that once you get up you will be rewarded with a most spectacular view whatever time of the day. We booked for a two bedroom apartment but we were upgraded to a three bedroom which was soooo.... Amazing! It has a wide balcony with two sets of furniture to seat around on both sides. There was also a jacuzzi right there on the balcony. The apartment itself is well equipped it truly is home from home. To get to town and the white sand beach, there is an hourly shuttle that takes you there and back. Breakfast by the poolside is also good and satisfying if not for the cat that hovers around begging for food from one person to another.