All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

• Value
    Clean
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
James was very helpful when it came to making us feel welcomed, and giving us directions to where ever we wanted to go in Victoria. We told him that we would stay there again the next time we visited Victoria.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"MayFair Motel, Victoria, BC"
Located just outside of Downtown Victoria on the bus lines that run often. MayFair Mall across the street with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Good size room, old building on the outside but hotel lobby, elevator, corridors, and room were clean. Had 2 double beds and one of them had a broken bed frame so that was the only real negative during our stay. Hotel managers were kind and responsive to special requests. WIFI is available with a good signal but be sure to ask for the network name and password since it's not obvious by just doing a search.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Good if you need a large room."
Not much to look at from the outside, dated on the inside. But a very clean, large room (tiny apartment) with a kitchen. Would be OK for an extended stay, but we only had one night.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"would definately stay again"
Very nice new clean room. .friendly staff
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Murray
"Very clean, just outdated"
This was a scary looking motel to drive up to. The owners/managers were very helpful. The rooms were big and very clean. All of the furniture is outdated, but again, at least it is clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Maria
"Stay"
Very clean and comfortable room! Staff helped with map and information on how to get to places. Price is affordable.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to restaurants, Ferry & stores."
Hotel is very clean, reception & desk service excellent, this Hotel is very well maintained parking could be better but it was more than adequate.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Simple but warm"
It's not the hotels fault but the road was closed due to construction.
1 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
The staff was very friendly, but not intrusive. I got the impression this is a family run motel? The room was very clean, welcoming and large. I especially liked the full sized refrigerator. We took my father and there was lots of room for three adults to move around in the room. We will stay here again. Best for people who have a car.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Traveling Troll
"Fairly good motel"
reasonable price motel close to Victoria downtown tourist attractions and many good restaurants/shopping
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Ric
"Worst dump I have seen in many years."
This so-called motel is one of the worst places we have ever run into in our many travels, and we are hard core tent campers . The owner was almost impossible to deal with and tried to extract extra money from us. He was rude and tried to make us pay more than we had bargained for. Hotel itself is dark, very dated, smells bad and has a disgusting aura about it. What a totally overpriced dump. We decided to pay for the reservation and then walk, to stay in the Red Lion next door. Same price, and what a difference. Do not pick this dive called Mayfair! Do not list on Expedia.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
wolf
"a Victoria 'find'"
This place was a real 'find'. It's just a mile or so north of downtown. It appears to have been a studio apartment building at one time, so the rooms are large. It had a great price.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
Neil
"Wonderful"
We loved staying at this spotless motel. The room was apartment size, newly renovated, and oh so clean! Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. From check in to check out it was a great experience. We consider this one of the best finds on a two month vacation.
Other trip May 11, 2015
jery
"Hotel is look trashy and dirty."
We came on the day city construction was working. We could not drive to hotel facility, no parking. Hotel was trashy . Hotel reception said we dont have to stay and will not charge us. But they dishornedl and charged us.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Quang
"Mayfair"
Very nice motel. i would definitely stay again. No breakfast is provided, and services are somewhat limited, but otherwise this motel is very reasonably priced, spacious, and clean.
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
james
"Bad news"
Signed up for a room with a kitchen. When we arrived, told couldn't use the stove. Thought desk person finally agreed--language barrier. So we used the stove since that is what we signed up for on hotels.com. Desk person came to the door and raised Cain because we did. finally agreed we could use the kitchen if we paid $15/day, which was in the contract. But, then threatened us with a fee of $100, if it wasn't perfectly clean when we left. Worst experience ever.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
If you are not looking for anything beyond a room, it is on par with a five star hotel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Worst experience ever"
Worst experience ever. Signed up for room with kitchen. On arrival told couldn't use stove by owner manager. Talking a while, I thought he said it was ok--Asian with difficult to understand English. Showed him printout from when I booked. He said policy had changed--but they hadn't notified me. Used stove, he came up then and chewed on me for 10-15 minutes. I prayed. Finally he said we could use stove, but would have to pay $15/night--in original agreement. If it wasn't spotless at end, would charge $100. Next morning he chewed on me again and said I could be arrested, if fire ocurred. Poor water pressure on 4th floor. Repairs not of good quality. Stairway trim and shelf very dirty. Internet service poor. Bath switches outside of bath. No bath or kitchen sink plugs. Poor arrangement in room. Very poor lighting. No sprinklers. Looks junky in rear parking area. Fireplace but didn't work-very dusty. No dishes, etc. in kit. Built in ca the fifties. Recent renovation, but some poor quality. very tight parking. Insuffient outlets. GFI in bath went off with light switch. Doors to stairway left open--fire hazard. Fridge door hinges on wrong side--difficult to open. Freezer turned off on arrival. He said some people do that! No windows near bed--back in separate area.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Nook near the Mayfaire shopping mall"
This was a convenient and comfortable small hotel. I called to say I was arriving late - good thing, because they normally lock the doors at 11pm- and the concierge was waiting up for me when I arrived. The suite was small but contained all that was advertised - a kitchenette. While I was hoping to prepare a meal or at least eat one in my room, there was nothing to eat from/with. It made sense to restrict the use of the stove to monthly renters, but to have to tableware or flatware is a good thing to know in advance or at least to have the hotel provide some wrapped disposal cutlery. Otherwise a fine stay.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
My husband is in the hospital so I needed a place to stay for the night. The manager was excellent , hotel was not just clean but spotless including the elevator. It is an excellent location to shopping buses and restaurants and it is in a lovely area. I watched the person on the desk take great care to explain all the things to see and do in Victoria, stop in the middle of his explanation, make time for me by asking me to take a seat in the reception area and he would be with me in a moment. I will probably have to stay overnight again and I know I don't have to look any further than the Mayfair Hotel. You won't be dissapointed and the price was perfect.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Sheila Warneken
My stay was great. The people were very nice and accommodating. I arrived early and was allowed to leave my bags with them in order to explore Victoria. It is located right across from the Mayfair mall and near the bus stop. I would definitely stay there again. It also has a full sized refrigerator and microwave.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Pam
"Nice hotel for the price. Nice size room."
Nice hotel for the price. Nice size room, full kitchen, full size refrigerator, very friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Don
"Excellent!"
I have never seen a motel this clean and comforting. It's cheap yet beats all 3 - 4 star hotels in cleanliness, space and comfort. There is no air conditioning in the room, however; with large windows air circulates through the room quite well, and it has a fan. With lots of storage, and full size fridge and stove. Don't think twice before booking, just do it and you'll know it yourself.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
"Excellent Value"
The hotel room was clean and spacious. We were given a room with a full kitchen. The owners were very gracious and extremely helpful. The hotel is located within a few minutes of the city center. We enjoyed our stay there (three nights) and would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
The host is very gracious and willing to work with you. Hotel was clean and comfortable. It's an older hotel, but well kept and modern. Location isn't near hot spots, but it also avoids the crowds and traffic. Just off Douglas St, so it isn't as noisy as you may imagine. We had a very nice time there.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Clean, close, friendly and good value"
The hotel was fairly close-in just off of both main streets. The rooms were large and clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks just around the corner for your morning snacks.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Airenne
"Good Choice"
I must say, I was a bit hesitant to book this room. I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is not much to look at, but I have to say the rooms must have recently renovated! The room was simply furnished but spotless, there was not one speck of dirt, even under the beds, yes I check things like that. The parking is a bit tight but that is manageable, My only hope is they air condition the rooms. I was lucky to have been a week after a heat wave. Both rooms I booked were extremely clean. The gentleman at the desk was very polite and helpful. My room was very quite, the room of my friends was a bit noisy with road traffic. All in all was a nice quiet room for a great price.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Todd
Ming, our receptionist, was very nice and extremely helpful in giving advice for what to do and where to go. The hotel was right on the outskirts of downtown Victoria and about 10 minutes from the Fisherman's Wharf. We got a top floor room and it was really nice! Full kitchen, extremely nice and clean bathroom. Room was very clean as well and had a ton of storage space with 2 separate coat closets and an additional, large walk-in closet. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a multi-day stay.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
M
"Excellent stay"
Great people, great location, and very clean hotel. We enjoyed our stay. We will come back and stay here again.
5 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Ajay
Good room/hotel for the price. Highly recommend staying here, far better than the other hotels I stayed at in Victoria withing this price range. The staff was very friendly and helpful too.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2013
Cleatus

"Quick trip to Victoria"
The hotel was a great place to stay and close to a major mall and bus routes to go into downtown. There are plenty of restaurants close by when we were hungry. The kitchen and full size fridge were a nice bonus to help keep snacks on hand for my daughter. The beds were comfortable and the room was a nice big size with a sitting area. I would stay there again. It was a great value and a nice room.
2 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
"Bang for Your Buck"
Great value for the money Lots near by walking distance
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Needed a place to stay for business. staff was very friendly and accommodating. Free wifi, parking, a Keurig coffee maker and more tv channels than a typical hotel, I enjoyed my stay better than at a typical hotel. Lobby smelled like KFC due to the KFC across the street, but I didn't mind. had the munchies though. Reminded me of a first rental. Older building but clean and homey.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
"Mayfair: clean, quiet, convenient, affordable"
We chose Mayfair because of location (fast food choices/ close to downtown) and price point after a last minute change in plans. The Mayfair is clean, staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was central to our next day activities. Quite quiet, but harder to find because sign was not at street corner. No food services in hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
"Friendly Manager"
The Manager was very friendly and helpful. The building is an older building but well kept and large rooms.it was a nice quiet location and room. The bed was comfortable.This was great value for the price. I will stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2015
"CLEAN and comfortable!"
Wasn't expecting much but it was VERY clean, tidy, easy to find, walking distance (we walked to Save on Foods Memorial for a concert). VERY spacious rooms. Not overly loud. Don't be concerned about the outdated exterior, it is actually quite nice! I would certainly stay again! Can't beat the price and it has a full kitchen in it!
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
"Clean, comfortable and renovated and roomy"
very nice hotel with no pool or breakfast but a great price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
Nick
nothing to complaint. everything worked fine. nice staff, all was new. quiet.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Very Clean"
Treated very well by Elaine and James. I flew in late and they were helpful to me.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
Ian
"nice small hotel near downtown and shopping"
friendly staff and clean, quiet room close to amenities.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
This is a clean two star hotel. It look rubbish from the outside and lobby but the room was clean and all we needed.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Great Value"
Lovely attentive man at the front desk. His name is Jim...like Jims Bond . Our room was very clean and had a full kitchen and cumfy couch, large TV, free wifi, all to my surprise (room 301) . Location is great , being accross the rd. from Mayfair mall. We would go back.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Kyna
"very clean, updated to a high standard."
This was a last minute booking for us as we missed the last ferry home. We booked a room with one queen bed. The room was large with a couch and small dining table. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculately clean. Recent updates had been done to a high standard in our room. All hallways and public spaces were nice and clean as well. Internet was solid and fast. Our room had a fully equipped kitchen which was for monthly guests. There was no street noise but we could occaisionally hear someone moving around in the room above us. If I need a place to stay in Victoria for short or long term stays in the future I would choose this hotel. Much better than most three star hotels I have stayed at!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
TJ
Clean basic accommodation with mini kitchen at a good value.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Clean, big room and space, necessary facilities. Nice and kind service, useful supported information.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
chester
"Good budget choice"
pleas see my review in trip advisor under vanisle-al for a complete description of our experience.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
al
"Old Hotel in much need of any kind of upgrades."
Pleasant staff. Hotel reception stank of weed. Musty hallways and stairwell. Rooms are old, very warn, and basic. Rooms them selves were however very clear to the eye.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Modest hotel for a good price."
The Mayfair is an older, family run hotel. Rooms are spacious with lots of storage, if you are there for a longer stay. On a dead end street so traffic passed the hotel is not an issue, but it is close to a main street. You would want a room that faced away from Douglas St. You do need a car, transit or bike to get to the centre of town. Kind of a long walk.
3 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Cliff
"cheap and cheerful"
Motel was inexpensive, friendly staff person, clean, no hookers, drug addicts or homeless people, close to where I had to be.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Timothy
"Short Stay labour day."
The hotel is dated but the staff have kept it well maintained and very clean. Our stay was short but staff were incredibly friendly and always available for any help/questions/inquiries. Location was convenient for us (relatively close to Inner Harbour and Uvic). We were late booking so ended up with a larger unit than would normally have wanted (i.e. kitchenette)therefore rate was higher than we had hoped but certainly within market range. Free parking was handy.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015