All hotels in Calistoga, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1880 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga, CA, 94515, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very good for the weekday prices"
Quiet beautiful little motel with large comfortable rooms. The front looks like an old motel, but the rooms are very updated inside. The back has a warm pool, warmer pool and a large sheltered spa that is very warm but not too hot. Also there are beautiful covered garden around the pools that are great for sipping drinks and eating snacks. Easy 2 block walk to the center of Calistoga.
4 night family trip May 11, 2015
Terry
"Had a great time in Calistoga..."
Had a great time! Only thing the hotel needed was curtains in the bedroom! Sun came up too early!
2 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Nice little hotel in Calistoga"
The Sunburst is managed by wonderful, service-minded people who have crafted a nice place to stay out of a humble motel-type layout. It is well-appointed but quaint. Nice furnishings, but a little cramped. The rooms are spotless clean, but the walls are thin. My wife and I were very comfortable, though we could hear every word the couple next to us had to say. This is a nice little place that I would stay at again, but not set my expectations unrealistically high. It is what it is, and not what it's not. It is right on the main drag of Calistoga and consummately Calistoga. It has wonderful indoor and outdoor mineral pools. Again, this isn't a luxury hotel, even though you will pay the typical Napa Valley rates, but is stylish and the Upper Napa Valley experience is very nice. Get a massage and a mud bath, taste some very good wines, rent a bicycle, and take in a very laid-back weekend. You won't be disappointed, unless it just isn't your thing.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Fantastic"
The sunburst was beyond my expectations. Very friendly,and helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. I would recommend the Sunburst to everyone. I will stay again. Kudos Sunburst.
3 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
george
"Treasure"
Lovely old motel now an edgy place to stay. Small bathroom. Large den and bedroom. If there was a door between these rooms the den would be more serviceable for watching T.V. if someone was sleeping in the bedroom.
4 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Priscilla
Great hotel, cute mid century modern decor.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Awesome vibe in a retro place."
Great staff and excellent service from the entire hotel staff. Comfortable clean and we had a blast! Right down the road from some fun bars and great restaurants - we greatly look forward to staying again.
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
anuj
"Convenient location, modern, huge room."
The Sunburst Calistoga was a perfect choice. Close to town, restaurants, and boutiques. A big bedroom and a living room. Comfortable bed, large shower, modern décor. And the price was right. Free parking and free wifi.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Ok, pricey, but comfortable rooms"
Nice rooms, but no restaurant on site and construction is happening to update the entire property over the next year. Garden area with pool and hot springs nice, but needed frequent skimming of trees that fall in hot tub/pool, but didn't see anyone cleaning it. Easy walk into town. Continental breakfast at Calistoga Roastery off site. No staff avail from 11p to 7a daily. Pricey for what is currently avail
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Birthday getaway"
Will definitely be back! Comfortable place, good location, friendly staff and loved that we received complimentary breakfast at the Calistoga Roastery in town! I only hope they use less chlorine in the pools from now on because 2 of our swim suits were completely bleached out by it, as was my hair!
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"We loved this hotel!!"
Just perfect
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Ricardo
"Nice remodel"
This is a good option for Calistoga. The price is right. We were allowed to stay one night over a weekend which was great. Most hotels in the area have a two night minimum. The motel has gone through a thorough remodel and is quite nice. The pools are nice and it is an easy walk to downtown restaurants.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Lawrence
"A lot of effort put into the property"
Just outside of downtown Calistoga, a completely remodeled motel from the past. Biggest complaint is that curtains could help with keeping the room dark in the morning. Next biggest thing is that noise from the highway can be disruptive. Overall, a very nice upgrade to an older property with helpful staff at a good price.
3 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Edwin
"Relax in Calistoga"
We like staying just outside of town because it's quite and yet you can walk to town. The mineral pools are great and the property is well kep.
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Peggy
"2015 V-Day"
Very comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
XIAO
"AWESOME"
THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND WONDERFUL...
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Robert J
"Cozy updated Calistoga hotel"
This is a small, quaint, updated hotel a few blocks from the main drag in Calsitoga. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and the pools and hot tub were nice and warm. We saw Mt. St. Helena from our window. We enjoyed our stay in Calistoga and I can't wait to come back!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Paula
"Valentines weekend"
Nice, clean, walking distance to downtown Calistoga. Right next door to Lava Vine winery a very fun place to taste.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Cute hotel in a great location."
We enjoyed our stay. Great staff and the hotel is very cute. The room is comfortable and the only down side is, as other reviewers have stated, the walls are thin. Happily we didn't hear our neighbors until the morning, but could see that if someone with a loud voice came back late at night you would hear everything. They do provide ear plugs in the room which is good. This is a great option for this area if you are looking for something a little lower priced, but still in a good location.
Judy
"Best room great"
Was really nice quite beautiful and in the heart of the valley
peter
"Feels like home"
What's behind those green doors? The Sunburst has a unique theme - I'd call it "upbeat retro" with a kaleidoscope of character. Lucky me, I was upgraded to a king suite. My favourite feature was the super comfy bed. The linens, pillows and comforter were perfect for a good night's rest. The Sunburst offers a big flat screen TV (in both the bedroom and sitting room) with all my favourite cable channels. I was sorry that I didn't have time to enjoy the pool and hot tub. Definitely next time!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Sweet Peach
"Surprising Sunburst"
This was a kind of last minute booking for New Year's Eve/Day, and we were blown away by how great this hotel was. The mineral pools were perfect! Great warm wading pool, warm(ish) swimming pool, and spacious hot tub/spa. The room was small, but had everything we needed and was very clean. I was very happy to find a reasonably priced hotel in Calistoga that included a spa and was within walking distance of the cafes and shops in town. The only drawbacks we experienced were: thin walls were not in the least soundproof, and the noise from other rooms kept us awake; we did not receive the robes until after repeated requests; and, the coffee maker was a 'Keurig' kind of coffee maker, which means you get two cups of coffee, regular only. Those beefs were minor and only detract a little from our overall enjoyment of this great little hotel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Reegstar
"Awesome trip"
Pleasantly surprised! Remodeled and updated. The bed was super comfy and I loved the Keurig coffee pot! Can't wait to stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Jonathan
"Short getaway at the Sunburst"
It was good except we called the desk for another blanket since my son was cold and they never responded to our call.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Tammy
"Great mineral pools and hot tub"
A very family friendly hotel with great mineral pools and tub in three different temperature for everyone to play and/or relax. King suite is smallish but both bedroom area and living room area has own TV. King bed is very comfortable but pull-out queen bed is just OK. I think that there are too many furniture overall in King Suite. But it is good enough to share for a couple and two teenagers with moving few furniture around. Shower in the room is not functional. Not enough volume of hot water from rain shower head to shampoo......Two very comfortable bath robes and two complimentary water bottles in room are nice. Microwave access and free tea / coffee at the lobby. The local cafe serves great coffee, tea, breakfast sandwiches and scones with free breakfast vouchers given at hotel.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
JeJeJe
"Affordable, fun ,close to everything"
Great location and two pools and jacuzzi are wonderful
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
juanishi
"Modern hotel with relaxing pools close to downtown"
We had a lovely weekend visiting Calistoga, and The Sunburst was a easy walk (half-mile?) to downtown shops, tasting rooms, and restaurants. The pools were lovely, we were just sad they closed at 10pm! The rooms were recently remodeled and clean with a minimalist, modern feel. We were provided with breakfast tickets to use in town -- there wasn't breakfast available at the hotel. While it was one of the least expensive places I found in town, I still think nearly $200/night is overpriced.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
MIchelle
"Clean and nice hotel"
Hotel is clean and quiet. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. King size bed is comfortable. We also like liquid soap and body lotion.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Great Place...Don't let the motel looks fool you...
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Mid November business trip"
I really enjoyed this place. Parking is very easy. There is a Keurig machine in the room with a few cups of coffee. There is a large pool, a smaller wading pool and a very large Jacuzzi. I made a reservation for three nights but as it turned out I only needed two. They were very gracious in allowing me to cancel the third night without a penalty. Although Hotels.com advertised a free breakfast buffet, they don't actually have that. They have coffee, tea, fruit-infused water, and a basket of apples. My room had a very large flat-screen tv (>50 inches). The shower head comes out of the ceiling which was new to me, so it's a little different having the water fall straight down instead of the usual angle. The staff were all very nice. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
michael
"Pleasantly surprised!"
I procrastinated on booking a hotel room for a wedding in Calistoga and was left with this option or a $1300/night option! I was a bit hesitant being that it appeared to be a "polished Bates motel" if you will. The only room available was a Suite, so I can't speak for the interior of the regular rooms, but I was quite pleased when we opened the door. I was worried that the photos did the room more justice than seeing it in person would do. Honestly, the furniture & flooring was quality, the decor was tasteful and the linens were all above standard (and I'm picky). The Sunburst robes were a nice touch too! Our room was located at the back of the property, which could benefit from some lush greenery or fencing for a bit more privacy & to soften the curb appeal of the place in general. The only other draw back is that the property isn't quite walking distance into town, but it's really close. Bottom line, the exterior vibe doesn't fit the quaint feel of Calistoga (a bit more Palm Springs retro), but the interior was clean & comfortable & I didn't feel like I needed any other in room amenities. If we return to Calistoga, I probably wouldn't choose The Sunburst, simply because there are so many adorable Inn's & B&B's to choose from for more of a wine country feel, but if I happen to procrastinate again, I won't be bummed either.
3 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Amber
"Cute and trendy"
Fantastic little motel, but don't let that last word scare you. This was clean, modern, even trendy. I'd start here again in a heartbeat.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
"Nice hotel within walking distance of Calistoga."
Enjoyable stay! Only negative was the shower head.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
debbi
"Loved the THREE pools to relax in"
Very friendly staff, and helpful when choosing where to go and where to eat/drink/explore. Passes for a choice of Tea/Coffee as well as a bagel with cream cheese from the Calistoga Roastery were provided. Tastings for local wineries were also available in the registration area. Fresh fruit, starburst candies, and lemon water are also available at the front desk. Comfortable robes were provided for the spa area. We stayed here before the place was remodeled and love the decor. Very comfortable pillow top beds and linens. Crazy OVERPRICED snacks available in the rooms. My guess is the candy must sit there and never rotate. A sweet touch from the maid bringing some sweets and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting to my wife!
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice, and comfortable, but overpriced."
The Sunburst used to be a dumpy old motel years ago, and has recently been redone. The location is just off the main street of Calistoga, but convenient to the local businesses and around the corner from Solage and Solbar. The highlight of the Sunburst are the small soaking pools & sauna which were empty everytime we wanted to use them, which was nice. The jacuzzi is in a covered sheltered and was pleasant during the late afternoon, but when we returned in the evening, it was absolutely scalding. We asked them to turn it down and they had someone come out and pump some cold water in. The place is clean and the staff is fine, but not overly friendly. Our room price averaged $250 per night for 2 nights, which is overpriced for what you get. The room was no frills, a bed, a small desk and chair with one other seat to sit in. Everything is clean and aside from the creaky floor, in good condition.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Derick
"Small, clean & cheerful rooms"
Stayed her with a friend. The standard queen room we had was tidy and cheerful, but quite smaller than I expected from pictures on the website. It was okay because we were out most of the day, but this would have been problematic if we had planned to stay in room more. This hotel room is fine for couples, not families. Modest mini bar and convenient refrigerator in the room. Bathroom was small too, but well stocked with shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion dispensers. The only real disappointment was the shower - water pressure was low (probably because of drought) and shower head didn't work well so it was extra slow.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
C
"Cute but not luxury."
This is a cute motel, but I do not know if I would pay the price again to stay there. You could walk into to town, but you were right on the edge of town. The suite only had a couch and a very uncomfortable chair.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Deb
"Great service and delightful accommodation."
Marta is a great ambassador to your establishment.
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
Oswaldo Filho
"Great spot in Calistoga"
Loved the fresh and fun decor. Light and bright rooms- so much better than a lot of the frumpy/dated places on offer in Calistoga. This place just felt young and happy. Front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Even the toiletries were good. I'd definitely stay here again. Only complaint is that the jacuzzi wasn't hot!
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2014
Stay was alright. Slept well but seating in room was poor.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"perfect location"
perfect location; great spot; super clean
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Kristina
"Great place to relax!"
It was great! We got there before check in time but they still helped us quickly into a room and called the shuttle because we were running late for a wine tour. The shuttle took to much time to get there but once it was there they took us quickly to castello di amoroso and we got to our tour. When we got back to the hotel we had a nice nap and then in the front desk they recommended a great place to eat. After dinner we headed to the pools. They were so relaxing we slept so well that night. The next morning we did our check out and the breakfast was in a restaurant a couple of blocks away. The place where we had breakfast was so nice. Calistoga Roastery we loved it. The only observation is thatr maybe the breakfast should include a bit more it was really small but funtastic.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Overnite stay for wine touring"
We all loved this place. Enjoyed the mid-century modern decor. No complaints from any of us.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Fun Little Escape Close to SF. Nice and new."
Really loved the quaint "Motel" vibe with nicely renovated rooms. Wonderful showers; could use more hooks for bathing suits, etc. Very close to my favorite spa where I love to get my massages and facials. Also very close to town within walking distance, but chose to drive. Loved that they had the 3 different mineral pools with varying degrees of temperature(which is the reason I chose this location). The pool area has nice lounge chairs and plenty of towels for use. Nice, quiet, quaint overall. Front desk staff is just okay, but not terrible. We would stay there again for sure.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
Trix
"family-friendly hotel"
Remodeled old hotel in convenient location on Lincoln Avenue. Had suite with king bed and sofa to sleep kids. Nice pool and lawn for playing provided lawn games. Bath a little small, but nice. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Shannon
"good if you know a few things"
1. as it is a motel, you will hear cars pull up -- and if you are "lucky" as I was my neighbor let his ca "idle" while he was loading it -- took him about 30 minutes that I was kept up early in the am 2. Don't stay over a wednesday night as you wont be able to use the pool thursday morning -- every thursday the maintenance of the pool area happens - lawn moving, leaf blowing, etc.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nice little motel"
We enjoyed the little pools and surrounding grassy area...perfect for a picnic. A bit expensive for the what you get but appreciate the later check out time compaired to other nearby hotels.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
I was not too happy about the hot ub closing at 10:00
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Stephanie S
I was pleasantly surprised by the fresh feeling of the lobby and room. The mineral water swimming pools were super refreshing and perfect given it got up to 90 degrees the day we arrived. The beds were comfortable-loved the little amenities as well.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Modern remodeled motor home"
Great boutique hotel. Only inconvenience is there is no safe in room and complimentary bath products were hard to dispense from. Other than that, great hotel. Would stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014