All hotels in Greenville, North Carolina, United States of America
2095 Stantonsburg Rd, Greenville, NC, 27834, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay but not Recommended"
Check in staff was good. I asked questions about the motel, like if the motel had ever been upgraded/renovated in any way. The answer was no. Motel has been in existence for well over 20 years. The carpet is extremely old and dingy. I don't recommend walking around without socks. Fridge wasn't cold. Pictures on Expedia can be misleading.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Disgusting!!"
Never again! It was so disgusting. The stairs to get to second floor were rusted and eroding. The air conditioner/heating unit had drips of liquid from prior occupants. Tile in bathroom had rust spots. I would have rather have slept in my car except that is was raining out.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
I was only there long enough to sleep. but it was very nice and the staff was very polite.
"Close to ecu"
Poor breakfast choices. Luke warm coffee. Microwave waffles cereal OK. One choice of milk only no fan in bathroom....
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
w
"Christmas Eve at East Carolina Inn, Greenville, NC"
I spent two nights before Christmas at East Carolina Inn. I received good value and accommodations, including in-room microwave and refrigerator. The room individualized heating/AC unit worked very well. Breakfast included two dry cereal options plus oat meal, toasted waffles, and sweet buns. I was favorably impressed and would be happy to stay there again.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Edward
"East carolina inn"
service was good, hotel was clean but it was a little outdated
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Dalyss
"So so place."
This hotel was ok for the purpose that we needed it for - overnight stay for a college open house. The beds were lumpy and I think the fridge was leaking cause the floor was wet. I also think i woke the night clerk up when I rang the bell to check in. I probably won't choose this place again if I'm ever in Greenville again.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Nikki
"Kind of Run Down, but CLEAN!"
We have two other "first choice" hotels when we visit our daughter in Greenville, but they were not available when we scheduled this trip. East Carolina Inn is clearly not one of the newer places in town; it's exterior and interior feel "worn". Our initial exposure was questionable; when we arrived another guest was checking in and the clerk did not even acknowledge our presence, then a child came in and consumed the clerk's attention (seemed to be their daughter.) She enjoyed the free cookies awaiting guests and tossed herself on the furniture. Then the phone rang and this too took priority over checking us into our room. After almost 10 minutes, we were greeted and given our room key. The room was "tired" looking - many "bumps and bruises" from years of use; however, I could not find a speck of dust ANYWHERE. We were also concerned with the potential noise as the hotel was totally booked for Home Coming Weekend and offered only outside access (which was not apparent when we booked the room or we would not have made this selection). We were very pleasantly surprised not to experience any disturbing noise either night (even after the ECU victory). The wake up call was 10-15 minutes off the exact time we requested, but within acceptable range. While this might not be our first choice for our next visit, we would definitely consider it again/
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Kimberley
"enjoyed our stay"
hotel close to eating and shopping stores. clean and quiet accomodations.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Tired Facility"
The outside of this hotel looks attractive but when we walked in our room it seemed unclean. The carpet was dusty, the sink chipped and scratched and the shower curtain had mildew on it. There were several roaches in the bathroom during the night we were there. A continental breakfast was supposed to be provided and there was coffee but only 3 muffins were available and 5 slices of raisin bread. There were several kinds of cereal and milk. This hotel is old and has had very little upkeep recently. We would not recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
JJ
Room was a little musty.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
TtWO
"in town for college commencement"
the hotel was clean, room was fine, bed was comfortable, breakfast was adequate for our needs.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Convenient"
Hotel was convenient to my destination. Breakfast was very low on variety. Juice machine out of order that day. No choice of 2% or skim milk.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"Just sufficient"
While the location of the motel is wonderful for those with loved ones in Viadent, the cleanliness of our room really left something to be questioned. The carpet is filthy....kept shoes on until I crawled in bed. The blanket had holes in it also. The over all cleanliness was the only fault I found.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Not what I was expecting!"
I was pleasantly surprised with the clean and neat appearance of the lobby and room. There was a hint of clorox and cleaning products in the air. The Inn's decor was outdated but, still nice for the price. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Contricia
"2-25-14"
I found the hotel nice and clean. Check in clerk wasn't the nicest but the check out one was a little friendlier. Breakfast was bad.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
"East Carolina Inn near Vident Health"
Adequate for my needs which centered arount Vident Health hospital, Greenville NC.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"ECU stay"
good for what we needed
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
Mattress was worn out and items from the continental breakfast were stale.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
"Just the basics"
Good deal for the money. Basic room, basic breakfast. We got what they advertised and that's fine.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Brad
This hotel is definitely an older property. The room was fine and it was clean. If your used to staying in the hotels with the new pillow top mattresses and fluffy pillows this is not your place. It really needs updating. Even had box type TV instead of flat screen (which I haven't seen in a hotwl/motel in years.) I would stay here again if nothing else was available. I would definitely stay if they would update a little.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
Rhonda
"Awkward and uncomfortable"
As we went to check in, the manager of the hotel told us "the card didn't work." My husband and I were wondering why as our card was good. It turns out that "the expedia card is no good". The manager proceeds to tell us that he was having a hard time with expedias card not ours, in the meanwhile, there were customers standing behind us thinking we had a bad card. So embarrassing. The next day, dealt with very unfriendly staff.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
The people were very nice and answered all questions with no problem.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
lance
"Conviently located"
We enjoyed our stay, however the remote control did not work causing us to turn the TV the old fashion way. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel for one night.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for East Carolina Inn

"Don't Stay in Room 122"
08/16/15 rdbbailey Madison, NC
We stayed here 7 years ago when our granddaughter was born. At the time it was a super nice hotel with nice rooms. Stayed there thus past week, not so much, looks like no improvements have been made in the last seven years. My son in law was at Vidant Hospital and I got a room for myself and my two granddaughters. The attached photo is what I found at midnight when I got ready to go to bed. Yes, there are pillows stuffed between the mattress and box spring, people in the office acted all surprised, this didn't just happen over night it's been that way a while. The seven year old and the baby were asleep or we would have checked out. The manager gave my daughter a partial refund, I think they should have given a full refund.
"As nice as the rooms my friends rented down the street for $25 more per night!"
07/25/15 Lpb2014 Hillsborough, North Carolina
Glad I found this place. The rooms were clean, nice and affordable. Had friends staying down the street at another motel ranked at 8 instead of 7.2 and found their room smaller, no better and only more costly.
"Not impressed "
11/25/14 Angel C Hertford, North Carolina
First thing noticed was ceiling paint peeling everywhere in room, then carpeted floor looked ancient. The coffee pot was nasty, found an old used coffee ground bag in it. Do not know why a dehumidifier was in the room. Over deoderized smell but underlying musty smell. We were so tired we just wanted to rest so we laid down. Bed had what appeared to be clean sheets and it was comfortable to a tired body. I did not complain about issues because an establishment for people to find rest should be under constant scrutiny by those managing . Will I stay here again is yet to be seen I may just to dee if there are improvements there is room for improvement. One thing we found cute was the desk clerk as she welcomed us.
"East Carolina Inn"
08/12/14 205Janice Cherry Hill, New Jersey
I stayed at East Carolina Inn in 2009 and it was very nice. Recently, I stayed there and it was filthy. The small trash can under the sink wasn't emptied. There were nasty stains on the chair. The curtains are extremely primitive. When I told the gentleman at the front desk about the nasty chair, he said: I told them to clean it." I would never stay there again, it is nasty.!!!!!
"GREAT VALUE"
07/15/14 CynthiaB100 East Granby, Connecticut
I came to Greenville to visit ECU for a couple of days and came across East Carolina Inn on the booking group website and overall I give it five stars. Location was easy to get to, the place was quiet and I felt safe. The staff made the check-in and check-out process easy, were readily available, responded quickly and were very friendly. They helped with advice and directions on nearby shopping and restaurants, and rapidly helped me when i returned to retrieve my phone charger i left in my room. The bed was comfy and clean, and there were plenty of towels. Unlike other places, this inn provided a fridge, a microwave and a coffeemaker in the room free of charge. The wi-fi was free too. There was basic breakfast stuff provided for on-the-go. Overall..... I've stayed at several similar lodgings in the past and this inn was better, cleaner, offered more, and way friendlier.
"N/A"
01/10/14 marandly BALDWIN
ANY ONE STAYING IN ARE PASSING THROUGH GREENVILLE, SHOULD CONSIDER THIS MOTEL BASE ON COMFORT AND PRICE. My wife and I STAYED Here 1/9/14 and 1/10/14 because my wife brother was admitted to Pitt Mem Hospital for cancer treatment. This motel is just across the street and the staff is super. Rooms are nice and clean. the price is great. Also the serve bk:
"Good economical hotel"
07/08/13 Alex D Charlotte, North Carolina
I've stayed here several times. It is located right across the street from the main entrance at Vidant Medical Center and I stay here when I'm visiting family in that hospital. They are very accommodating. It isn't a high end hotel - but it is very reasonably priced, well located, clean and friendly. They give a discount if you're visiting the hospital. I understand that they often have folks stay there who are having outpatient treatments at the hospital. I would definitely stay there again. The breakfast is sparse but it was plenty for me (and given the rates, I thought it was plenty).
"OK place to stay"
01/01/13 Courthouse067 Camp Hill
The rate was reasonable but I had hurt my knee and was not in a good mood. My first room had not been made up but I did get another one. The staff was polite. Breakfast was very modest. Convenient to the medical center across the street and ECU.
"Pleasant and very friendly experience!"
10/17/12 Tammy L Woodbridge
I booked this room for 3 nights and my family and I were very pleased all the way around! My Dad was having surgery at the hospital directly across the street. The stay was indefinite due to the type of surgery my Dad was having and the staff was so accomodating, friendly and helpful. Their friendly attitudes and the way they treated us was just wonderful! The day my Dad got out of the hospital was his birthday. We needed to spend that night at East Carolina Inn also. When the general manager found out it was my Dad's birthday, she made a special visit to our room and even brought my Dad a birthday balloon! That meant so much to us! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the staff at East Carolina Inn! My Dad wil be having another surgery soon and this is definitely where we will be staying again! I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast there too! : )
"Clean,safe and peaceful to recover from surgery"
09/19/12 Pam S Nags Head, North Carolina
We stayed here because it was close to the hospital and gave us a discount because I was going to have surgery out patient. The employees are great friendly front desk and all the maids are great! Very clean comfortable and would stay again, and I am very pickey. The breakfast they offer free is great!