All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
901 W. 48th Place, Kansas City, MO, 64112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"awesome place"
awesome place great staff
3 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
cliff
"wonderful hotel staff and great location"
The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. My husband is diabetic and requires his insulin to be refrigerated and the front desk sent up a fridge to our room.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"OUTSTANDING!!!"
FABULOUS hotel! Perfect location, outstanding staff, beautiful rooms, and valet parking. Great breakfast. Restaurant staff is super friendly and efficient. Love the lox, cream cheese and capers on an everything bagel:)
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Suzanne
"Very nice hotel....but not for families with kids"
We enjoyed the hotel. Nice, fast breakfast and the coffee was great! Would not recommend hotel for a family with kids as the kids will be disappointed they can't really swim! Disappointing pool area and very crowded.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"great!"
Always stay here when I am in town for business i love it! The girls that work the breakfast are the best!
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Lauren
"Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff!"
Everything was above average with the exception of the service for drinks and food at the pool. We had to go inside a few times to place orders. The pool is extremely small with only a handful of loungers but then again, it is a boutique hotel. The service in the free breakfast area was excellent as well as during the Sunday Brunch upstairs. This brunch is amazing!!
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Lee Ann
The hotel is off the street on a private drive, making it quiet. The exterior of the place is nice and discreet, but the hotel lobby is very nice and edgy. The rooms are very well done, and the hallway is very visually demanding with the white and black stripes.
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Stephen
"Nice hotel, at edge of plaza"
Enjoyed our stay. We requested a city view room, which was how the room was titled. Our view was of the wall of the building next door. We were told that the hotels.com description needed to be changed, and that most of the rooms did not have city views. The breakfast was nice. Parking at $18 per day was not so nice.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Kenneth
"Good location and good service"
We arrived late on a Thursday night and the room they put us in was only partially cleaned. We called the front desk and they moved us to a Junior Suite. The hotel has a modern feel to it. Very comfy bed and the rain shower was great. They have a car that will take you anywhere in a five mile radius, so it super easy to get around.
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Worth a second visit"
Hotel Sorella is a luxury hotel. Excellent restaurant on top floor, rooftop pool, breakfast buffet, key card elevator access. The only downside is parking. Pay for valet or pay to self park in garage.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Best weekend ever"
Was a fantastic stay. Anything that you wanted was either at the Hotel or within walking distance at Country Club Plaza. The Hotel accommodations were perfect and you could top off your day at the bar upstairs and enjoy the evening by the pool!
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Hotel Sorella KC"
The hotel is located in the absolute perfect location, walking distance to the historic and beautiful Country Club Plaza district. On the surface the hotel is chic, modern and luxurious. But sadly, its just another wannabe boutique hotel that over promises and under delivers. A young wait staff (probably due to high turnover) offers completely sub par service and attention. The contemporary design throughout the hotel feels typical and trendy, not creative or authentic. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean. However, the A/C struggled and rattled... and the room had a formidable scent as if the hotel used a harsh chemical cleaner to cover up the fact that room had obviously been smoked in previously. If you are a posh, superficial, obnoxious and trendy consumer you will love this hotel. But honestly, if you want that douche experience just go spend your money at a W hotel where you might actually get some decent service.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Bree
"Luxe hotel"
Beautiful hotels and rooms and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Just with is were closer into downtown
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2015
"You won't regret it! Beautiful."
Hotel Sorella was fabulous!! We had 2 conjoining rooms for a girls weekend, and our stay could not have been better. The hotel is extremely fashionable, with a beautiful interior and lovely rooms. The linens were soft and beds very comfortable. And that shower!! Pretty fantastic. We were really impressed with the included breakfast in the atrium room- it was a beautiful place to wake up to in the morning. The barista made us great lattes, and they even had bagels, lox and capers as an option, among lots of fresh fruit and pastries. You can't beat the location- it was perfect to be able to walk everywhere. Every person on staff I met was super friendly (and they didn't even snark at us when we returned from bars at 3:30 am!) The rooftop pool was stunning, and the bar was hopping. I definitely recommend this place! I will be back.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Sara
"Awesome hotel. Mod clean chic & friendly!!!"
Wonderful staff. Loved it. Beautiful hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Very nice hotel- lots of luxuries!"
This was a very nice hotel in a great location on the Country Club Plaza. Outstanding service, wonderful breakfasts and staff, and beautiful club/restaurant on top floor! Only disappointment is that they do not offer any rooms with queen beds. Valet parking and shuttle was quick and friendly. LOVED this hotel! And one more thing...the showers were huge with great rain heads and lots of hot water!
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Jana
"Great get away hotel; close to lots of things!!"
We were staying in KC on our way to New Orleans. THis was a great place to stop. Beautiful room and amazing rain shower in the bathroom. Close to many shops and restaurants all within walking distance. The doormen and valet staff were very friendly and always made you feel welcomed. The breakfast was great, not your typical hotel breakfast. We had salmon, pastries, staff toasted bagels and made you espresso if you like. Only draw back was that the fridge in the room was only for the mini bar. Would stay here again for sure!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Midweek @ CC Plz KC, MO"
Quick mid week trip to KC. Hotel very clean & staff friendly & helpful. Enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great except for...."
Maid for suite always on phone. Extra bed was hour and a half late after two calls to front desk. Disappointing.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
"Lots to offer but needs fine tuning"
The hotel is quite lovely and the complimentary breakfast is superb. The signature roof top restaurant, Rosso is a disaster. With great restaurants like J.J.'s next door do not waste time sitting around Rosso's while the wait staff thinks about waiting on your table! The tone of the hotel was set in a less than favorable way when our valet started to unload our luggage and then told us he had to help "one of the regulars who just arrived and was a huge tipper"!!! How insulting. Despite the build up of dust on the interior side of the bathroom door, poor service and a $10 overcharge at Rosso's, and a valet who should not be working there, the hotel is worth trying. I wrote to the GM and received no reply so that has resulted in my decision not to return. Sad...because I really wanted to love the place!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Great place!"
Fantastic hotel! Staff was extremely helpful, location is great, rooms were comfortable and the pool is excellent. We will be back!
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"In love with Hotel Sorella"
We arrived late at night after our wedding ceremony and were told we were upgraded to a suite (we assumed our room was given away since we didn't arrive until 2:30am). The manager, Hersom, was very friendly and accommodating. We loved the free shuttle (it was a beautiful Escalade) and so we dined on the plaza. A mini-fridge and microwave were brought to our suite for our convenience--which was so appreciated. The roof-top pool was beautiful with fun music to enjoy. We will definitely stay here yearly because it was a fabulous experience.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Ashley
"wow!"
excellent, loved it! too bad we were only in town one night!
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
Pam
"Solid with excellent service"
Great, particularly the service. The only thing is that certain small but important things are not provided in the room, like tea bags (only had coffee) and a shower cap. Perhaps they would have been available upon request, but I turn to carry my own now, so didn't ask for them.
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"KC Masterpiece."
Beautiful property in a great location. I can't say enough about the Staff. They always went beyond expectations. I wanted some late night snacks so I asked for a short walkable bodega. Next thing I know I have an Cadillac Escalade to take me where I needed to go. My only thing was the pool hours? Closes at 4 pm. I just got checked in at 3:30 so no pool for me.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Wonderful room. Great food. The Plaza shopping was great. Stores close a little early. Lot of shoppers but no were to shop at 7:00 PM. But the Hotel Sollera was perfect. Definitely coming back.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Great hotel near tons of restaurants/shops"
Hotel was beautifully decorated and clean. It was more of a spa environment than a typical hotel
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Loved it!!"
Loved it!!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Nice hotel in the plaza"
I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at Sorella. The rooms were clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Willie
"Chic hotel on a quiet street steps from nightlife"
Chic, upscale luxury hotel in a quiet shopping/dining neighborhood. Price was much lower than quality of hotel. Rooms were very clean and new. The decor was modern and somewhat minimalist. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were both roomy and high end. The staff was friendly but not overly intrusive. It's a quiet hotel hidden on a quiet residential street within a few blocks of great shopping and entertainment of the plaza. They offer a free car service within 5 miles but wasn't necessary since everything is within walking distance.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
Ryan
"Great new hotel on the Plaza"
Hotel Sorrella is a very nice hotel two blocks off the Plaza. It's very clean,the staff was very helpful and the rooms are nicely decorated and very quiet. I never heard a person in the hall or in a nearby room. We will stay here again!
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Excellent stay, but fix the vent."
The hotel & staff were excellent, however a vent in the restroom flapped and banged which woke us up early. The free breakfast was fabulous. We especially loved the coffee bar!
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
Katherine
"Great place to stay in Plaza area"
Great hotel to stay in the Country Club Plaza area. Will definitely stay again. Great service, quiet, clean, exactly what I expected.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
"Very nice hotel close to Country Club Plaza"
This is my new favorite hotel on the Plaza! Very modern room, awesome shower! Breakfast was included and very good! I will defintely stay here again, in fact I'm already planning my next trip there!
Other trip May 16, 2015
Patty
"Love!"
This hotel was fantastic. The only complaint I have (that many love) is the overhead shower. I don't like overhead showers if I'm not washing my hair. Loved everything else! The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Quick Kansas City Trip"
I loved the interior design of the lobby and our room. The bar and pool on the top floor and roof are cool. The hotel seems new and is in great shape. The staff at the front desk and the entry were very helpful. The hotel had a shuttle that came in handy for short trips near the hotel. The location is good near Country Club Plaza. Breakfast had a good selection. If you like boutique hotels and you want to be by the Plaza stay here.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Cynthia
"Plaza Heaven"
Highly recommend this hotel
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"STAY HERE"
Mothers day treat for my wife and mom, was perfect. This is not a 'cheap' place to stay, but it's worth every penny! Beautiful and elegant, staff excellent, food was great at the Rosso up on the rooftop. Highly recommend!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
John D
"Nice hotel, a nice walk to Country Club Plaza"
Nice New hotel and a short walk to the shopping area and reaturants.
Other trip May 12, 2015
jennifer
"Great place to take that special someone..."
Nice and quiet, looked good inside and outside. Very friendly and helpful employees. Can't wait to go back...
Other trip May 11, 2015
D.
"Great Hotel in Kansas City, MO"
Wonderful!
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
stephen
"Contemporary Hotel In Kansas City, MO - Plaza Area"
This is probably the only modern contemporary hotel in the area. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very attentive. The rooms are immaculate. The rooftop bar and pool are a great place to enjoy the view and have some good times. I didn’t eat in the restaurant, but it looks very nice. The location is so close to many great restaurants and entertainment as well as great shopping. I would definitely stay there again if I needed to be in that area.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
Hotel was lovely. Great location. Everything is new and room is large. The staff was great. Breakfast is continental and lovely breakfast room. Parking is not included but convenient and safe, with elevator to hotel. They need to move room safe up off the bottom cabinet. You have to get on your hands and knees to open it. The rain shower head was meant for a man and not a women who needs to keep her hair dry. More towel hooks are needed, there is only one. Close walk to Country Club Plaza.
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"Will Stay Again"
Took a long weekend and took girlfriend to a Royals game and of course shopping at the Country Club Plaza then to a wine tasting. The staff was the best staff I've ever dealt with at a hotel, there was a mix up on our room when we got there as they upgraded us but accidentally put us in a handicap accessible room so the shower was different without the rain head so I called down to front desk and within 2 minutes there was someone at our door with new room keys and they were holding elevators also so we didn't have to wait for them.the restaurant on the rooftop with the pool and fire pits were amazing and the food and cocktails were as expected. Over all after booking the hotel after reading the reviews on here I was not let down and HIGHLY recommend to anyone else. I will probably never stay downtown again after staying in this area.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Seth
"Love the Hotel Sorella"
Excellent hotel, with great service from front door to continental breakfast. Simone is the best hostess for their wonderful breakfast, she will treat you right!
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"modern & comfortable"
Room was very spacious, modern & clean. Bed was very comfortable!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Amazing place to stay in Kansas city!"
We had a lovely time at Sorella. It is very closely located to all the major attractions in Kansas city including the Plaza which is just about 10 mins away! The hotel lobby and rooms are very well maintained. Room service might not be that quick and efficient but they do try their best. We really enjoyed the Complimentary breakfast every morning - that was indeed the best part. If we come back to Kansas, we will definitely want to stay here again!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Tejaswini
Great for a couple's getaway. Nice hotel with free wifi, free cont. breakfast, friendly staff and great access to food and shopping. Hotel shuttle is also available. It has the look, feel, and staff of a high-end hotel. The hubby and I would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great couple getaway"
Beautiful boutique Hotel will definitely come back. Downtown area OUTSTANDING restaurants that you'd find in big cities with out the High price of parking
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
sherri
"Could be worth the cost but....."
Excellent customer service. Excellent restaurant. Excellent location. Room a bit small for the price. Room a bit pricey. Parking is very unsatisfactory based on the cost of the room.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015