All hotels in Florence, Italy
Borgo Santi Apostoli 25, Florence, FI, 50123, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint and comfortable"
Upon arrival I was greeted by the owner. She was polite and courteous and spoke good English, which was a must for me at that point. The room was small but comfortable, definitely worth the price as it is so close to walk to Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Firenze and many other great sites. There is no air conditioning at the hotel or wifi. The a/c I was aware of but not the wifi. This is a great spot for unplugging and just enjoying Florence. But definitely book it in the fall or spring. I had to choose between the fan or bug repellent as I could only find one outlet, which left me with quite a few mosquito bites.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Geneva
"Fantastic time at Hotel Cestelli!"
Fantastic. Hotel is right near the Ferragamo store, off tournabuoni. Very safe area, high end boutiques etc. The couple running Hotel Cestelli are incredibly pleasant to work with, and very helpful! They had great recomendations for things to do. A wheel on my suitcase broke, and they told me where to find luggage stores etc.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Li
"Would Definitely Stay Again"
The Hotel Cestelli was located close to the Santa Maria Novella train station. The room was wonderful. It had character like no other hotel I've stayed at. That has to be because it's not part of a chain. The hosts, Alessio and Asumi, were gracious. Alessio had excellent recommendations of places nearby to eat and added some great recommendations of things to do within walking distance. I read other reviews before deciding to stay here so I was prepared for the need to be at the hotel before 8 p.m. local time. The "rules" decried in some of the reviews I read were all reasonable and undoubtedly contribute to the excellent condition of the accommodations in an historic building.
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
C Jeffrey
"Exceeded expectations"
I was looking for a place in Florence and had three criteria: good location, clean, and within my budget. Hotel Cestelli met all three. It's a very friendly and tranquil place. The rooms are all different, with antique furniture. The host gave me a map and helped me get my geographical bearings. Great location: five minutes from leaving the building, I was at the door of the Uffizi. No food is allowed in the rooms, so plan to get all your meals out.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Family run hotel near the Arno River."
We had a lovely time during our week long stay. We checked in after a weekend on the coast so we were a little late in the evening. The owners were not available so we were checked in by the owner's mother whose English was as good as our Italian (which means, almost non-existent.) That said, she was gracious and made us welcome despite our lack of Italian. Both owners, Alessio & Asumi, were friendly and happy to help us find our way around Florence. Asumi is originally from Japan (they met as college students in California) so this is a great hotel for Japanese tourists as well as English speakers. The location is just around the block from the Ponte Santa Trinita where we had many great sunsets over the Arno. The hotel is walking distance from most attractions which made it a great home base. High end fashion house Ferragamo is just doors away as are other designers like Dior, which makes window shopping great fun. Delicious gelato is just across the river in the Oltrarno at the south side of the Ponte Alla Carraia. It's worth the walk! We definitely recommend this hotel for the more flexible traveler.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Shena
Really enjoyed our stay there! The husband and wife who run the place were excellent hosts and were so helpful in figuring out what to do in Florence! It had a very B & B feel to it!
3 night trip May 18, 2014
"No AC plenty of rules"
Reserved for 3 nights but left after 2. Room was hot @ uncomfortable. 0 amenities but many rules. Opted to leave knowing a refund was unlikely. Would have been more acceptable at lower price point: I.e 2 towels for 3 days for 2 people, expected to leave keys with staff even though they stop work at 8 & without keys you can't get in the building. Lots of steps, no elevator & must carry own bags. No hairdryer, no shampoo, no tv, wifi did not work in our room, had to sit in hall to get internet. All could be ignored if room had been 70 euros rather than 100.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
omnipresent
"Amazing city, amazing location. That's it"
This is my first time to Florence so I only have this hotel as my reference. The location was key with this hotel. Couldn't have been much better. Great location however the hotel itself was not much else. The hallway smelled like stale air. The room had a window that looked at a interior brick wall with bars and didn't open. There is no air condition in the room at all. ITS A SHARED BATHROOM. You have to share with 8 other tenets. There is NO parking if you are driving. None. The owners are fantastic. Very nice and helpful. The bed was old and decor was old. Lots of picture frames with no pictures.
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"Wonderful people, safe convenient location"
I am an 18 year old female traveling alone from the U.S. I was quite nervous to stay in a foreign city alone for several nights and safety was very important to me. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe staying at Hotel Cestelli. It is located very close to the Arno river to it is easy to find your way back to the hotel if you get lost. The surrounding area is all high end luxury stores that is extremely well lit at night. The hotel itself was very nice and charming. The owners were always available and very accommodating. They gave me advice on where to go and held my bags for several hours after my check out time. The room was plain but had everything necessary and a window that provided a nice breeze. Over all, Hotel Cestelli made my trip to Florence extremely enjoyable!
3 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2014
studyabroad
There was no soap, or washcloths. There were 2 wallfuls of empty picture frames on the walls..other than that the room was fine. We had a shared bathroom. There were no paper towels in it. We had one towel each for 3 days. The host and hostess were wonderful and very sweet helpful and gracious. The location was excellent.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Perfect little hotel 10 seconds from Ponte Vecchio"
This hotel was one of the highlights of my 8 week backpacking trip! Location couldn't be better - within 5 minutes walking from everywhere (15 to David) and out the door to Ponte Vecchio. Tons of great shopping, sights and gelato nearby! Hotel was spotlessly clean, beds were comfy, and the price was a steal for being this close to everything. But the best part by far of my stay was the lovely couple who own the hotel! So so so friendly and accommodating and spent so much time giving recommendations and making sure I loved Florence as much as they do. Can't speak more highly of them - even when the hotel was full with people coming and going they remembered my name. You just don't find people and service like this anymore. Stay here! Perfect for solo female travelers - extremely safe at all hours. Seriously, stay here!
3 night trip May 5, 2014
Amie
"Beautiful Gem"
Location can not be more than perfect - right in the heart of everything and about 15 min walk from train and bus station. the owners are lovely couple (italian married with a japanese lady) who gave very good suggestions on local restaurants that aren't crammed with tourists. Shared bathroom but very clean (i think they clean it right after they hear anybody using it!) - water is a little small but works fine in summer times I'm sure. For the price you pay, it's definitely value for money.
4 night trip May 2, 2014
Cherry
Very friendly and very helpful staff! Lovely place!
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Stay here in Florence"
The owner is incredibly friendly. As soon as you enter, he sits down with you and goes over the map to help you identify what you want to do in Florence and how you can best manage your time/interests. The wifi works great, unlikely many hotels in Italy. The facilities and rooms are clean and nicely decorated. It's right next to the Uffizi, which should be on anyone's stay in Florence, a 15 minute walk from the Academie (Michaelangelo's David) and the main train station. Close to everything. Great and friendly service, clean and lovely accomodations...what's not to like? Stay here.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Very warm hotel. The room was large, very clean. Although it is a public toilet and bathroom, but cleaning is also very clean.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Perfect Visit to Florence"
I was traveling alone to Florence to visit my sister. I picked this hotel because of the positive reviews and because it was a five minute walk from my sister's apartment. The one star didn't really concern me because the price and location were perfect, but I was so very pleasantly surprised to find the hotel exceeding all of my expectations! My room (#3) was immaculate, quiet, and just right for my four nights away. If you're looking for a hotel chock-full of amenities, perhaps look elsewhere. You won't have the basket of shampoos, blow dryer, mounted TV, or jacuzzi you'd see in many American hotels, but with a city like Florence right outside your window, you really shouldn't be spending too much time in your room anyhow! Alessio and Asumi were wonderful hosts, greeting me each time I came and left the hotel and helping me figure out the logistics of getting to the airport at the crack of dawn on a Sunday. They even let my sister come check out the room I'd be staying in prior to my arrival. If I ever have the opportunity to return to Florence, this is exactly where I'll stay and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a no-frills, home-away-from-home hotel in the heart of that incredible city.
4 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2014
Sam
This place was great. The husband & wife couple that own and operate this place were Awesome. They were very welcoming, friendly, have a great hotel, with a wonderful location, at great rates. The helped us with dinner reservations, wine trip booking, etc. They speak great English, and are very professional. We really enjoyed this property, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Amazing location. Downtown and close to everything"
We really enjoyed our stay here and plan to return at the end of our stay. Great food and walking recommendation from the cheerful hosts. This is a definite recommendation especially for the price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
judy

"Definitely recommend!"
My friends and I stayed here for one night and I would definitely recommend it! Very clean, white sheets, no aircon but very cool with fans! The service was outstanding! The hotel is in the centre of Flornece, 5 minute taxi ride from the station - 5€!
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
"Hotel Cestelli - A great hotel"
The Hotel Cestelli, is in the best location in the heart of Florence. The owners are very helpful and the rooms are very clean and I would highly recommend this hotel. I will be staying at this hotel again
8 night trip May 8, 2015
Anthony
"Rude employees"
Terrible service, employees are rude, our room reeked of smoke as someone was smoking in the hallway directly outside our nonsmoking room.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"A wonderful find, such an atmospheric hotel"
This hotel has a magical atmosphere and is most comfortable. The owners are very special people kind, friendly and welcoming. They spent time advising the best things to do in Florence to use our 2 days wisely. I would recommend this hotel as it is an ideal position to accsess the main must do activities in Florence at a very reasonable rate, considering its ideal location.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Jill
"Felt like home"
A very good location, with very good service. This guest house was like staying with family in their home. The couple who run this spot were very friendly, and helpful with information on Florence and Tuscany, also helping arrange my tours. The only negative was the bed was really soft. However I will stay here again on my next visit.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Great location and lovely staff.... but.."
Expectations were not met, but this was entirely my fault. I was in a rush to book and needed a room quickly. My original booking meant I had no bathroom en suite - but this was changed and for 2 of the 3 nights I was with an en suite. Alessio and his lovely wife Asumi are really very nice people and are trying very very hard to make things work..... If I had a spare 200,000 Euros to invest in a hotel, I would seriously look at working on something with them.
3 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
SG
"Nice room with no amenity"
No TV, no A/C, no telephone, no alarm clock, large room, comfortable bed.
3 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2014
Vince
"Handy to train station"
I picked this hotel because it was close to the train station and the reviews said the neighborhood was not scary. This was correct. They seem to be doing lots of renovations and our bathroom was quite large and fairly new and nice. It even had a bathtub! Room smelled like an old ashtray, but not too bad with the window open. Beds were some kind of hard foam with a rubber sheet on top! Reception guy was not friendly or particularly helpful, but each time we saw him he seemed to brighten up. Fairly smiley the 3rd time we saw him! Neighborhood is quite noisy and really smelly with urine on the sidewalks, but we found a great restaurant 1 block away with friendly service and the room itself was quiet as it faced a little courtyard.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
S. M.
"Hotel Cestelli"
The hotel and rooms were always spotless! The owners were very lovely and we enjoyed our time staying there. It was close to all major attractions, but away from all the noise from the busy streets. Owners very helpful giving pointers of where to go, eat and explore. Would recommend !
5 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Erica P
"Great budget place! Big rooms!"
Nice quiet hostel.. Very old but very clean and smells great! A lot of signs telling you what not to do but lovely hosts and great location!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Shared bathroom"
Beautiful hotel that is family owned and maintained. Nice personal touches throughout and in very good location. Unfortunately we did not check our booking and were put in a room that had to share the bathroom with 5 other people-not perfect but it was immaculately clean. Close to everything and within walking distance to all th sights
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2014
Theresa
"I can't recommend this place enough"
For a start, this hotel is in the centre of Florence. The room is beautiful, quiet, clean and relaxed. The place is run by Riccardo and his Japanese wife. Riccardo gave us brilliant advise on where was worth visiting and the best time to do so. We went to him at various times for different problems and he immediately pointed us in the right direction. His wife left origami at various points in the hotel which was a brilliant touch. My stay in Florence, a wonderful city, was hugely enhanced by where we stayed. I can't recommend this place enough
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Lucy
"great location, not for families"
Location was perfect. Hotel was very basic. We had our baby. It was a very bad experience with the baby.If you are looking for just a bed, nothing more, in Firenze central, that's good, otherwise not recommended.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014

No es un lugar bonito, pero la ubicación es buena, los que atienden son muy am les y esta todo muy limpio.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2015
MX
"Für einige Tage gut, da sehr zentral gelegen!"
Zentral gelegen, sehr netter Empfang, sehr hilfsbereit gerenüber uns Hotelgäste...im grossen und ganzen empfehlenswer!
3 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
CH
"Frábær áfangastaður"
Þetta var fyrsta flokks hótel, frábær staðsetning, mjög hreint og fallegt, mjög persónuleg og skemmtileg þjónusta og þægilegt viðmót. Mæli hiklaust með þessum áfangastað í Flórens.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Soffía
IS
"Un tout petit hotel très sympa et bien situé."
Une pension de famille très agréable. L'hotel Celestini avec ces 8 chambres et sa salle de bain commune se rapproche plus de la pension de famille que d'un hotel. Cependant l'hotel est très agréable. Bien situé (à 2 pas du ponte vecchio) et relativement frais l'été malgrès l'absence de clim. Ma chambre était propre et en bonne état avec cependant un petit air vieillot qui personnellement ne m'a pas gêné et que j'ai trouvé même plutot sympathique. Le seul point quelque peut désagréable est la salle de bain commune qui occasionne ponctuellement une file d'attente pour accéder au toilette. Cependant, les chambres sont équipées d'un lavabo pour la petite toilette. Pour ma part, je recommande l'hotel qui offre un bon rapport qualité prix. En plus le couple de gérant est très sympathique.
5 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Christophe
FR
"excelente estadía mejor ubicacion"
ubicación excelente muy buena estadía muy serviciales los dueños
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
sergio
AR
"Sehr sauber und im Zentrum"
Wir finden die Inhaber sehr sehr lieb und freundlich und sie helfen dir wenn du die Stadt noch nicht kennst, wo man gut isst oder wo es Sehenswürdigkeiten in der Nähe hat. Danke für alles...
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Tamara
CH
"Florence"
La chambre très sommaire quartier très bruyant literie pas top
1 night trip May 23, 2015
CHRISTINE
FR
"Beautiful rooms, perfect location"
Beautiful room, very classic decoration, the owners of the house are very kind and always willing to help. I don't have any complain, but I would say that this is not a common hotel, it is like you are a guest in a a home and because of this you don't have the freedom usually you feel in a normal hotel. Location is great.
2 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Jesus
MX
Hotel accueillant avec un très bon rapport qualité prix. La localisation permet de visiter Florence à pied, tous les monuments historiques sont accessibles en 5-10 minutes.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"立地が最高!雰囲気のある手入れの行き届いたホテル"
まず何よりも場所が便利です。ローマなどと違い、見所が中心地に詰まったフィレンツェ観光には、滞在場所が同じエリアにあることが大きな利点になります。見所と見所の合間に宿に寄ってトイレ休憩したり、荷物を置いたりカメラを充電したりなんてことも気軽にできます。また空き時間にちょっと散策がてら予定外の名所を見に行くこともできました。ホテルの前の道も、高級ブランド街をちょっと横に入った素敵な通りにあり、なんだか映画の中にいるような気にさせられます。オーナー奥様のアスミさんは日本人で、気軽に日本語でお話しできるのもありがたかったです。清潔なのは言うまでもなく、センスある調度品やインテリア、またフレグランスに至るまで気配りの行き届いた素敵なしつらえも、フィレンツェ滞在に華を添えてくれました。
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
関口
"consigliatissimo"
Ottima soggiorno, il personale é molto cordiale e disponibile, Alessio ci ha praticamente accolto nella sua Firenze e ci ha dato tanti utili suggerimenti per poterla vivere al meglio senza rimpianti. La posizione é perfetta, centrale in tutta la città, ci veniva voglia di uscire con la consapevolezza che avremmo potuto raggiungere qualsiasi punto della città. Consigliatissimo a tutti quelli che vogliono vivere la città senza spendere molto.
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Bartolomeo
IT
Limpieza y situación inmejorables. Repetiría sin duda.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
ES
"Top"
L'hotel è molto grazioso ed accogliente. I proprietari sono sorridenti e disponibili inoltre gode di ottima posizione.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Maria
IT
"暖かいご夫婦が迎えてくれる、日本の人におすすめのホテル"
日本の方がいて、料金も安かったため選んだホテルです。 ホテルは数部屋の小さいホテルで入口が少し分かりにくいですが、部屋も窮屈なく清潔でとても満足でした。 なにより一番良かったのが経営されてるご夫婦で、イタリア人の主人・日本人の奥様ともにとても暖かい人で、街の事も教えてくださり、旅行中トラブルに見舞われたのですが大変良くしていただきました。 宿泊料以上に十分価値のあるホテルだと思います。
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
ns
"bon emplacement"
Proche des visites et de la rivière. Hotel très calme
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
phil
"日本人奥様のいる、便利な立地ととてもお洒落で清潔なホテル"
どこへ行くにも便利な立地にあり、イタリア人のご主人と日本人の奥様が営むエントラスに入るとアロマの香りにつつまれ、それぞれのお部屋は部屋により雰囲気の違う、とてもセンスの良いお洒落なかわいらしいホテルです。日本人の奥様におすすめの食べ物やスーパー、コインランドリーなど詳しく教えてもらうことができ、おすすめしてくれた食事のレストランもとても美味しくてリピートしてしまうほどでした。短い滞在ですが、地元情報にもとづいたフィレンツェを見ることができて、旅の中でもより思い出深い滞在となりました。ホテルの奥様は早起きされて、共同のスペースなどきれいにお掃除されている様子で、常に清潔に保たれていて、快適なホテル生活でした。フィレンツェを訪れる時にはまた滞在したいホテルに出会えたと思っております。
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
トラベルくま
"가격 만큼인 호텔"
페레가모 박물관 바로 옆이고 베키오 다리 및 베키오 궁전 등 피렌체 주요 관광지랑 접근성이 매우 좋아요. 그런데 주요 상점들 주변이다 보니 가끔 저녁에 시끄럽더라고요. 3일 머무는 동안 수건을 바꿔주시지 않았고 방에서 와이파이가 잘 안 돼서 불편했어요. 그런데 피렌체가 다른 지역보다 물가가 비싼 것 같더라고요. 가격 대비 괜찮은 것 같아요.
3 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2015
gyuyeon
KR
"Perfecto"
Muy buena ubicación
3 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
RODRIGO
MX
Nous avons séjourné en nov. 2014 dans cet hôtel pour un week-end touristique à Florence. L'accueil par les propriétaires a été excellent. Ils étaient aux petits soins pour nous. Monsieur nous a indiqué où dîner en fonction de nos souhaits et a de très bonnes adresses. Pas de petit déjeuner mais on trouve des cafés sympathiques dans le quartier. Hôtel très central pour les visites de la ville. Parties communes joliment décorées avec les origamis réalisés par Madame. Chambre et salle de bain très propres. Rien à dire, juste un tout petit peu plus de chauffage dans la chambre ?
Other trip Jan 17, 2015