All hotels in Florence, Italy
Borgo Santi Apostoli 25, Florence, FI, 50123, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good value for location."
First time in a shared bathroom hotel so a bit uncomfortable with having to plan to use it. That said, the location is excellent, as are the proprietors, and it was what it claimed to be (not that I had to be within crawling distance of the Ferragamo museum). Took a taxi from the train station when I arrived, walked back when I left. Strolled around, ate well, slept well. Good value.
5 night trip Oct 27, 2015
"Nice place with great hosts."
Very nice place, a short walk from the train station, Ponte Vecchio, and Uffizi museum. Alessio & Asumi, who own and operate the hotel, are very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay there, and we would recommend it to everyone.
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Olga
"Managed to cut costs excessively"
The room was hot. The only ventilation was a window to a multistory shaft leading to the roof. The shaft was shared by a family below with a LOUD whiny kid that whined till 11 Pm each night-loudly! Additionally the strong odor of curry wafted up into our room The hot water at the sink in the communal bath was disabled. The hot(not) water in the room ran at a soda straw sized stream at best room temperature. Summary-no place to get hot water to shave. The hotel had strange rules. Upon leaving you were to leave your keys at the desk. Don't put you suitcase on the bed or furniture. Don't wash cloths in the sink (not a possibility given the water situation). No guests. Etc. . Avoid this hotel or at least avoid this room at this hotel.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
"Awesome place"
Friendliest and most accomodating staff I have encountered in Florence so far. Really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The price is very affordable and the location is the best it can get in the historic center of florence.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2015
Jack
"Great Location in Florence"
Perfect location! The staff were wonderful and very helpful. The room was clean, but would have been nice to have had an air conditioner or fan...but still comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Quaint and comfortable"
Upon arrival I was greeted by the owner. She was polite and courteous and spoke good English, which was a must for me at that point. The room was small but comfortable, definitely worth the price as it is so close to walk to Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Firenze and many other great sites. There is no air conditioning at the hotel or wifi. The a/c I was aware of but not the wifi. This is a great spot for unplugging and just enjoying Florence. But definitely book it in the fall or spring. I had to choose between the fan or bug repellent as I could only find one outlet, which left me with quite a few mosquito bites.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Geneva
"Fantastic time at Hotel Cestelli!"
Fantastic. Hotel is right near the Ferragamo store, off tournabuoni. Very safe area, high end boutiques etc. The couple running Hotel Cestelli are incredibly pleasant to work with, and very helpful! They had great recomendations for things to do. A wheel on my suitcase broke, and they told me where to find luggage stores etc.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Li
"Would Definitely Stay Again"
The Hotel Cestelli was located close to the Santa Maria Novella train station. The room was wonderful. It had character like no other hotel I've stayed at. That has to be because it's not part of a chain. The hosts, Alessio and Asumi, were gracious. Alessio had excellent recommendations of places nearby to eat and added some great recommendations of things to do within walking distance. I read other reviews before deciding to stay here so I was prepared for the need to be at the hotel before 8 p.m. local time. The "rules" decried in some of the reviews I read were all reasonable and undoubtedly contribute to the excellent condition of the accommodations in an historic building.
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
C Jeffrey
"Exceeded expectations"
I was looking for a place in Florence and had three criteria: good location, clean, and within my budget. Hotel Cestelli met all three. It's a very friendly and tranquil place. The rooms are all different, with antique furniture. The host gave me a map and helped me get my geographical bearings. Great location: five minutes from leaving the building, I was at the door of the Uffizi. No food is allowed in the rooms, so plan to get all your meals out.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Buyer beware!"
Firstly, the outside photos of this hotel are not at all what is posted on Hotels.com. Were were mistakenly taken to another hotel also named Cestelli by the taxi driver, and mistakenly checked in by the clerk. Several hours later, we were made aware of the mistake and made to leave. Upon arrival to this hotel, the only person available to check us in was an older woman who did not speak english at all. She demanded our passports and gave a note from the owner written in english indicating they would contact us the following day. The room we were showed to had a toilet in it only separated by a portable divider. We attempted to explain our dissatisfaction to no avail and ultimately left but only after a lengthy argument over returning our passports to us. Unable to contact Hotels.com while in Europe, it is yet to be seen what we've been charged for this fiasco.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Family run hotel near the Arno River."
We had a lovely time during our week long stay. We checked in after a weekend on the coast so we were a little late in the evening. The owners were not available so we were checked in by the owner's mother whose English was as good as our Italian (which means, almost non-existent.) That said, she was gracious and made us welcome despite our lack of Italian. Both owners, Alessio & Asumi, were friendly and happy to help us find our way around Florence. Asumi is originally from Japan (they met as college students in California) so this is a great hotel for Japanese tourists as well as English speakers. The location is just around the block from the Ponte Santa Trinita where we had many great sunsets over the Arno. The hotel is walking distance from most attractions which made it a great home base. High end fashion house Ferragamo is just doors away as are other designers like Dior, which makes window shopping great fun. Delicious gelato is just across the river in the Oltrarno at the south side of the Ponte Alla Carraia. It's worth the walk! We definitely recommend this hotel for the more flexible traveler.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Shena
Really enjoyed our stay there! The husband and wife who run the place were excellent hosts and were so helpful in figuring out what to do in Florence! It had a very B & B feel to it!
3 night trip May 18, 2014
"No AC plenty of rules"
Reserved for 3 nights but left after 2. Room was hot @ uncomfortable. 0 amenities but many rules. Opted to leave knowing a refund was unlikely. Would have been more acceptable at lower price point: I.e 2 towels for 3 days for 2 people, expected to leave keys with staff even though they stop work at 8 & without keys you can't get in the building. Lots of steps, no elevator & must carry own bags. No hairdryer, no shampoo, no tv, wifi did not work in our room, had to sit in hall to get internet. All could be ignored if room had been 70 euros rather than 100.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
omnipresent
"Amazing city, amazing location. That's it"
This is my first time to Florence so I only have this hotel as my reference. The location was key with this hotel. Couldn't have been much better. Great location however the hotel itself was not much else. The hallway smelled like stale air. The room had a window that looked at a interior brick wall with bars and didn't open. There is no air condition in the room at all. ITS A SHARED BATHROOM. You have to share with 8 other tenets. There is NO parking if you are driving. None. The owners are fantastic. Very nice and helpful. The bed was old and decor was old. Lots of picture frames with no pictures.
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"Wonderful people, safe convenient location"
I am an 18 year old female traveling alone from the U.S. I was quite nervous to stay in a foreign city alone for several nights and safety was very important to me. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe staying at Hotel Cestelli. It is located very close to the Arno river to it is easy to find your way back to the hotel if you get lost. The surrounding area is all high end luxury stores that is extremely well lit at night. The hotel itself was very nice and charming. The owners were always available and very accommodating. They gave me advice on where to go and held my bags for several hours after my check out time. The room was plain but had everything necessary and a window that provided a nice breeze. Over all, Hotel Cestelli made my trip to Florence extremely enjoyable!
3 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2014
studyabroad
There was no soap, or washcloths. There were 2 wallfuls of empty picture frames on the walls..other than that the room was fine. We had a shared bathroom. There were no paper towels in it. We had one towel each for 3 days. The host and hostess were wonderful and very sweet helpful and gracious. The location was excellent.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Perfect little hotel 10 seconds from Ponte Vecchio"
This hotel was one of the highlights of my 8 week backpacking trip! Location couldn't be better - within 5 minutes walking from everywhere (15 to David) and out the door to Ponte Vecchio. Tons of great shopping, sights and gelato nearby! Hotel was spotlessly clean, beds were comfy, and the price was a steal for being this close to everything. But the best part by far of my stay was the lovely couple who own the hotel! So so so friendly and accommodating and spent so much time giving recommendations and making sure I loved Florence as much as they do. Can't speak more highly of them - even when the hotel was full with people coming and going they remembered my name. You just don't find people and service like this anymore. Stay here! Perfect for solo female travelers - extremely safe at all hours. Seriously, stay here!
3 night trip May 5, 2014
Amie
"Beautiful Gem"
Location can not be more than perfect - right in the heart of everything and about 15 min walk from train and bus station. the owners are lovely couple (italian married with a japanese lady) who gave very good suggestions on local restaurants that aren't crammed with tourists. Shared bathroom but very clean (i think they clean it right after they hear anybody using it!) - water is a little small but works fine in summer times I'm sure. For the price you pay, it's definitely value for money.
4 night trip May 2, 2014
Cherry
Very friendly and very helpful staff! Lovely place!
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Stay here in Florence"
The owner is incredibly friendly. As soon as you enter, he sits down with you and goes over the map to help you identify what you want to do in Florence and how you can best manage your time/interests. The wifi works great, unlikely many hotels in Italy. The facilities and rooms are clean and nicely decorated. It's right next to the Uffizi, which should be on anyone's stay in Florence, a 15 minute walk from the Academie (Michaelangelo's David) and the main train station. Close to everything. Great and friendly service, clean and lovely accomodations...what's not to like? Stay here.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Very warm hotel. The room was large, very clean. Although it is a public toilet and bathroom, but cleaning is also very clean.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Perfect Visit to Florence"
I was traveling alone to Florence to visit my sister. I picked this hotel because of the positive reviews and because it was a five minute walk from my sister's apartment. The one star didn't really concern me because the price and location were perfect, but I was so very pleasantly surprised to find the hotel exceeding all of my expectations! My room (#3) was immaculate, quiet, and just right for my four nights away. If you're looking for a hotel chock-full of amenities, perhaps look elsewhere. You won't have the basket of shampoos, blow dryer, mounted TV, or jacuzzi you'd see in many American hotels, but with a city like Florence right outside your window, you really shouldn't be spending too much time in your room anyhow! Alessio and Asumi were wonderful hosts, greeting me each time I came and left the hotel and helping me figure out the logistics of getting to the airport at the crack of dawn on a Sunday. They even let my sister come check out the room I'd be staying in prior to my arrival. If I ever have the opportunity to return to Florence, this is exactly where I'll stay and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a no-frills, home-away-from-home hotel in the heart of that incredible city.
4 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2014
Sam
This place was great. The husband & wife couple that own and operate this place were Awesome. They were very welcoming, friendly, have a great hotel, with a wonderful location, at great rates. The helped us with dinner reservations, wine trip booking, etc. They speak great English, and are very professional. We really enjoyed this property, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Amazing location. Downtown and close to everything"
We really enjoyed our stay here and plan to return at the end of our stay. Great food and walking recommendation from the cheerful hosts. This is a definite recommendation especially for the price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
judy

"2 minutes to Ponte Vecchio."
We only stayed one night but it was perfect for us. Great little budget room.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Bare bones...old furnishings ...constant potpourri odor...hotel needs a complete upgrade...very old but clean, good location.
3 night trip Oct 13, 2015
matt
"Ok but wouldn't recommend"
Hotel was lovely.. the area not so much. Loud all night long into the morning so barely slept! Hotel staff weren't that friendly or polite!
4 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
It's a hostel not a hotel, couldn't sleep. Bathroom is shared with 6 other rooms. Weird key system, and the shower was not only cold but not enough pressure. Wouldn't recommend going.
3 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Sam
"Very small rudimentary hotel in a great location."
This was our first stay in Florence and I booked well in advance. This is a small, single star hotel, very clean, but rudimentary. Lovely original antique furniture. Bring your own soap and shampoo though. Small shower. Internet reception very poor. No air conditioning. The lobby is up on the 2nd floor, it is difficult to haul suitcases up to the lobby, no elevator, very historic building, excellent location, hosts are very helpful and kind. Appears that hosts have converted part of what was an apartment into 6 or 7 hotel rooms. It does feel like you are entering someone's home when you come and go rather than the independence of a hotel. It suited us OK because we aren't that fussy as long as the bed is good (which it was) and the quality of the bed linen is decent (which it was).
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Sue
Great location, close to all major travel destinations in Florence; friendly and helpful service
5 night trip Sep 11, 2015
Binay
IN
"Hotel Cestelli gets a definite thumbs-up!"
Lovely hotel run by friendly and welcoming husband and wife team Alessio and Asumi. Perfectly situated near major attractions like the Duomo and Ufizzi, but also close to the river for easy access to the artisan district, gardens and gorgeous countryside located across one of the many bridges. The only slight caveat is that the hotel is a little spartan in terms of some amenities, but is otherwise very comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend.
3 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"A relaxing and happy stay."
I can't say enough good things! It was exactly what I expected. Very close to everything, cozy and quiet! The owners are very friendly, open and clear about times and requirements. I enjoyed my stay a great deal!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2015
Baldeep
"Excellent value"
Great Might be old fashioned in some peoples eyes but just remember that you probably came to Florence to look at old buildings and art masterpieces. Just the right vibe for us
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
We chose this hotel as it was recommended and it certainly lived up to expectations. The owners provided lots advice about where to eat and places to visit.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Good location, no AC"
The hotel was nice and was very conveniently located. The main drawbacks were no air-conditioning and a shared bathroom.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Karla
"Definitely recommend!"
My friends and I stayed here for one night and I would definitely recommend it! Very clean, white sheets, no aircon but very cool with fans! The service was outstanding! The hotel is in the centre of Flornece, 5 minute taxi ride from the station - 5€!
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
"Excellent find"
A fabulous value jewel of a hotel right in the heart of things. I had a charming bedroom and a shared bathroom, although it was always free and very clean. Definitely going to stay there again. A lovely Japanese lady with perfect English kept the whole place immaculate.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Guy
"Great value comfortable well located hotel"
Very Welcoming friendly proprietor, informative about amenities, homely and original furnishings, excellent location. Very good for female solo travel.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Yvonne
"Hotel Cestelli - A great hotel"
The Hotel Cestelli, is in the best location in the heart of Florence. The owners are very helpful and the rooms are very clean and I would highly recommend this hotel. I will be staying at this hotel again
8 night trip May 8, 2015
Anthony
"Recommend"
Excellent location, very friendly helpful owners, good value for Florence location.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Canadian
"Rude employees"
Terrible service, employees are rude, our room reeked of smoke as someone was smoking in the hallway directly outside our nonsmoking room.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"A wonderful find, such an atmospheric hotel"
This hotel has a magical atmosphere and is most comfortable. The owners are very special people kind, friendly and welcoming. They spent time advising the best things to do in Florence to use our 2 days wisely. I would recommend this hotel as it is an ideal position to accsess the main must do activities in Florence at a very reasonable rate, considering its ideal location.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Jill
"Felt like home"
A very good location, with very good service. This guest house was like staying with family in their home. The couple who run this spot were very friendly, and helpful with information on Florence and Tuscany, also helping arrange my tours. The only negative was the bed was really soft. However I will stay here again on my next visit.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Great location and lovely staff.... but.."
Expectations were not met, but this was entirely my fault. I was in a rush to book and needed a room quickly. My original booking meant I had no bathroom en suite - but this was changed and for 2 of the 3 nights I was with an en suite. Alessio and his lovely wife Asumi are really very nice people and are trying very very hard to make things work..... If I had a spare 200,000 Euros to invest in a hotel, I would seriously look at working on something with them.
3 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
SG
"Nice room with no amenity"
No TV, no A/C, no telephone, no alarm clock, large room, comfortable bed.
3 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2014
Vince
"Handy to train station"
I picked this hotel because it was close to the train station and the reviews said the neighborhood was not scary. This was correct. They seem to be doing lots of renovations and our bathroom was quite large and fairly new and nice. It even had a bathtub! Room smelled like an old ashtray, but not too bad with the window open. Beds were some kind of hard foam with a rubber sheet on top! Reception guy was not friendly or particularly helpful, but each time we saw him he seemed to brighten up. Fairly smiley the 3rd time we saw him! Neighborhood is quite noisy and really smelly with urine on the sidewalks, but we found a great restaurant 1 block away with friendly service and the room itself was quiet as it faced a little courtyard.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
S. M.
"Hotel Cestelli"
The hotel and rooms were always spotless! The owners were very lovely and we enjoyed our time staying there. It was close to all major attractions, but away from all the noise from the busy streets. Owners very helpful giving pointers of where to go, eat and explore. Would recommend !
5 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Erica P
"Great budget place! Big rooms!"
Nice quiet hostel.. Very old but very clean and smells great! A lot of signs telling you what not to do but lovely hosts and great location!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Shared bathroom"
Beautiful hotel that is family owned and maintained. Nice personal touches throughout and in very good location. Unfortunately we did not check our booking and were put in a room that had to share the bathroom with 5 other people-not perfect but it was immaculately clean. Close to everything and within walking distance to all th sights
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2014
Theresa
"I can't recommend this place enough"
For a start, this hotel is in the centre of Florence. The room is beautiful, quiet, clean and relaxed. The place is run by Riccardo and his Japanese wife. Riccardo gave us brilliant advise on where was worth visiting and the best time to do so. We went to him at various times for different problems and he immediately pointed us in the right direction. His wife left origami at various points in the hotel which was a brilliant touch. My stay in Florence, a wonderful city, was hugely enhanced by where we stayed. I can't recommend this place enough
Other trip Jun 23, 2014