All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great amenities
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"A true gem"
Modern, contemporary hotel ideally located near Centraal Station on the water, but away from crowded tourist hangouts.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2016
"An Amsterdam gem"
A very welcoming environment and hotel staff
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2016
Kelvin
Really enjoyed staying in Room Mate Aitana, will definitely stay there next time I am in Amsterdam. Neighborhood was very quite, just a couple of minutes away from everything either by foot or public transportation. The hotel is very modern and nice.
4 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Sandra
"Lovely stay in amsterdam"
Loved my stay. Bathroom was a big highlight--huge tub and shower. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Very close to Harlemstraat and the shops/bars there.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
xavier
"Nice and comfortable stay"
We stayed here during new year when we travelled to Amsterdam. The hotel staff are helpful and kind, we were given useful informations when we asked about the city. The room is clean and with comfortable bed. The only thing is the hot water in the shower room is not consistent, it would suddenly turn very hot. Though the hotel is not located near the city but there are many restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets and boulangerie near by. We enjoyed our stay as this location is not too crowded with tourists, and we got to taste food where the locals go.
4 night romance trip Jan 3, 2016
Lie Tjhin
"First Timer in Room Mate Hotel & Amsterdam"
I was in the hotel for a total of 12 nights & 6 of those days I was a traveling alone. The staff was great assisting me in finding my way around & finding activities that would interest me. My only disappointment was that I was not offered a flat daily rate since I was committing to 12 nights and paid in advance of arrival. The rate fluctuated every day.
12 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Cheryl
"Lovely hotel, a bit out of the way."
We had a lovely stay! It was a very comfortable, fashionable hotel with great views of the city. It is a bit out of the way from the central part of old Amsterdam, so we did a fair amount of walking, but otherwise we had no complaints!
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Genevieve
"very pleasant stay in great location."
very pleasant stay in great location. overall the service was very good, too. But we were relying on them booking train tickets for us - as indicated as a service on their webpage - what turned out to be not possible.
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Nina
"Modern Amsterdam Hotel"
A good hotel, targeted for the younger clientele. It is a good 15 minute walk from shops, cafes, etc. Because of the location it is quiet at night. There's a bus to central station but you can walk it in 15 minutes. Not sure how often bus runs. Hotel wifi was good and they offered a free wifi hot pocket to use during your stay which is a nice thing.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Sonia
"Outstanding Property and Staff."
From my initial contact at registration with Alba (an exceptional ambassador and representative for the hotel), I was thoroughly impressed with the property, it's staff and it's concept. I inquired about the hotel and was provided insight as to its mission statement, the concept of personalizing each property and it's fresh perspective on hospitality. The rooms where very comfortable and clean, the hotel was business traveler friendly (even providing a portable WiFi device for my use around Amsterdam) and the location was easily accessed and in a nice section of the city. I
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2015
Jeffrey
"I would stay there again & again"
The entire staff of the hotel was exceptional!
4 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Great quick trip"
Enjoyed a quick trip by train from Paris and it was wonderful. Hotel service was great in every way. Staff was friendly and provided helpful suggestions. The hotel is clean, modern, unique, and convenient to the train station. Also, being located on the water adds a nice touch. Thank you.
3 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
"Quiet and Modern"
Our stay was great! My husband and I stayed two nights and found the room unique and comfortable. We are not city people, so being away from the busy city center was a top priority. Yet, the hotel was close enough to walk to the sights we wanted to see. The lounge had decent wine selections and tasty food. The desk staff were very professional and accomodating. Waitstaff in restaurant not very friendly, but also not rude. One thing that was a bit annoying was the elevator/stair situation to the lobby. We were on 3rd floor. Elevators are small and terribly slow during peak times. We would have much preferred taking the stairs up and down, but could only go down from floor 3 to 1, then had to wait for elevator anyway from 1 to 0. Seemed strange and poorly laid out. Other than that the decor and features were beautiful and unique.
2 night trip Nov 18, 2015
Ellen G.
When we arrived a 9:30a we were offered a room immediately which was perfect because I wasn't feeling well. The room was quiet and clean. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great stay in a great city."
Wonderful hotel! Liked everything about it. It was our 4th Room Mate hotel stay and they have not disappointed us yet. Appreciated the umbrella loaner and the Wi-Mate portable hotspot that they offer. Friendly and professional staff! It does seem the location is a bit remote at first, but it really is only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the fun Jordaan and Centrum areas. Walk 5 minutes more and you are at the main train station/transit hub.
4 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
"3 nights in Amsterdam"
I was in Amsterdam for 3 nights and this hotel could not have been any more appropriate. Perfect location close to Centraa Station and a walking distance from the downtown and most tourist attractions. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make my stay memorable.
3 night trip Oct 6, 2015
Boakye
"Check-in/out system could be better"
I arrived this hotel late at around 9:30 pm. I got exhausted from long flight, so only one thing I wanted was just get a hot shower. But when I show them my passport to check-in, their system got shut down. They suggested a round of beer on the house and asked us to wait for awhile. It went long. I waited 2 and a half hours and lost my patient. I was almost taking a taxi to a new hotel but the system was working right in the moment. So, I checked in a little past midnight. Thing's happened in the morning. I needed invoices to report my company, but they said they could not give one because I booked through Expedia. I truly don't understand this because I always use Expedia for booking hotels and never happen before. They should do something with their system. Other than those two problems, it was great hotel. It's been 2 years, so everything is new and clean. It's close to Amsterdam Central Station, great location. It has mooring dock, so it has great view and atmosphere. And the manager and his staffs. Hats off to them.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Jang from Korea
"Right on the river Ij"
Great location right on the river and very close to Central Station. Hotel staff could not have been nicer. Our second trip and we loved it as much as the first time
4 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Beautiful hotel and a perfect setting. Great location from the train station just a short walk away and close to the city center where all the shops and restaurants are.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
Terry
"I'll Stay Here Next Time Too"
Very nice hotel just a few steps outside the bustle of Amsterdam. Quiet and restful. Perfect to go to if you like a peaceful interlude after the busy-ness of the city. Nicely designed. Only downside was ineffective and weak wifi.
4 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Enjoyed my stay... will return because of Afshay who was very informative and helpful...
3 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
We went for sail amsterdam since we were on the 7th floor we had a vieuw to the IJ and were able to watch the boats go by. Restaurant in the hotel had nice food.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Marlou
"Bad room service"
The hotel bedrooms are nice, however, it has a very bad room service spechially at night. The hotel does not serve any kind of food after 10pm which forced me to ask for fast delivery at the front desk. It is also crowded during the seasons.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Location!"
Perfect place to stay in Amsterdam
3 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Ashram
"Great hotel off the tourist path"
Great hotel for a couple, or for a family, particularly if you want to park a boat. Excellent location away from the tourist area, but close enough o walk many places.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
"Wonderful"
The hotel and staff was wonderful. My husband and I loved this hotel. The service we received was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to others.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"So so"
Kinda far from central amsterdam if you are walking. Nothing special about this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Close to main train station and city centre. Comfortable, lots of pillow, ice machine. Very friendly staff. Must go to to Greenhaven across the street!
1 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
"Great location and very comfortable hotel."
It is a short (10 minute) walk to Cemtral Station. The wind outside the hotel could be unpleasant in cold weather. (It was nice in July.) This the best I can do to come up with a caveat. The hotel is excellent in every way. I can't imagine better value for a room in Amsterdam.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Blaxton
The Room Mate Aitana was very new, modern and clean, with superb hotel service. A hotel receptionist even walked us out of the hotel up the street a block away to make sure we knew where to catch the appropriate bus to travel to a particular destination. The hotel is not located near the primary tourist sites in Amsterdam, so we had to walk 15 minutes minimum or take some form of transportation to get virtually anywere we wanted to go.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Lance S
"great room, great location, great price!"
Great service! The rooms were clean and beds were super comfy! Benjamin at the front was awesome.
3 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Luan
"Excellent hotel for a reasonable price"
Clean, good location. 10 minute walk to Central Station. Very good hotel for a reasonable price.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Good hotel, central location"
The room and hotel were comfortable, clean, and new(ish). The friendly staf person upgraded me to a city-view double room, which was wonderful, The room was spacious with an amazing view. The only draw back was housekeeping. The room was cleaned really well when I first checked in. The second day, I had left the "please disturb me/come in" card on the door, assuming this meant that house keeping would clean the room. However, when I returned around 3 pm, house keeping had not been and I still had no clean towels etc. I removed the the sign from the door, but at 5 pm somebody opened the door and then said "house keeping, do you still want service or not". But then it would have been too much of an inconvenience to leave the room until they were done. Otherwise, I liked the hotel and location a lot.
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
jung-whan
Great, friendly personnel and beautiful rooms. Convenient location in the center of the city
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Awesome gem in 'Dam"
After 4 nights using AirBnB, was looking forward to a comfy hotel and this one delivered. Great large rooms, modern, bright with a great view. Loved how close it was to Train station and city overall (renting bikes at hotel a must). Great outside bar on water with 3 great options to eat across courtyard. Staff couln't have been nicer!
2 night trip Jun 30, 2015
"Great modern hotel"
Loved our stay at this hotel. It is modern, clean, great staff and very close to downtown Amsterdam. It's wonderfully located in a quiet area surrounded by water and with great views.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
raluca
"Wonderful hotel dockside"
A bit farther from the center of town then I was planning, but it was a very nice hotel. Nice room and great size bathroom. The bar and restaurant was very nice too. Their bar is a very relaxing and open space. I only wish their restaurant stayed open for dinner longer then 1030pm. There are not other close/ walkable options after that time.
3 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
JOEL
"a great g hidden gem."
Truly a surprise. Friendly and helpful staff, 10 minuts by walk from all the action, but not too close so there's no noise near the hotel... Clean rooms, "young" decor, the hotel is new. Would definately recommand.
4 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
aya
"nice hotel within walk distance to the center"
I went for a weekend, I rented a bike from the hotel
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
alex
"Hotel on the water"
Very nice hotel located on the water. Not in the center of the tourist area but within easy walking distance. Easy to walk there from the train station which was helpful. Great views of the harbor.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
"Under rated"
Great staff. Very accommodating. Ten minute walk to train station.
3 night romance trip May 6, 2015
One of the best hotels we stayed at during our European Vacation. Great views of the water, large rooms, great bathrooms and fast wifi throughout the entire hotel.
3 night family trip May 6, 2015
Tory
"IN LOVE WITH THIS HOTEL"
WE LOVED THIS HOTEL! We were traveling from America and this hotel felt like home. It was very modern and that art was so cool, and the service was impeccable! The shower was our favorite part :) Beautiful views and close enough to Amsterdam Centraal Station, and very easy to navigate from the hotel. Everyone working was so helpful; they gave us a map and suggestions on where to eat, hang out, everything. We have already decided that when we make our trip back to Amsterdam we will be staying here. It does NOT disappoint.
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Haley
I really enjoyed this hotel. It is in a great location and I would recommend it to others.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Carl
"Great modern hotel right on the water"
Great hotel. Spacious rooms, modern, great views of the harbor. Friendly staff, excellent service. A little out of the way from central Amsterdam and everything else but 10 min walk from Central Station.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Cesar
The reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor were inflated. Perhaps I am too spoiled from my more usual stays at higher end properties. There was nothing really wrong with my stay at the Aitana, but for being a new hotel on the waterfront, it felt cheap. A fancy paint job and creative signage, at least for me, does not hide the fact that this is a hotel built without consideration for quality. That said, most of the staff were friendly and willing to please. The lounge area on the mezzanine level above the lobby was nice for reading, though the music was a little louder than needed during the daytime hours. The walk to the Central Station is about 15 to 20 minutes, not less as some have noted. We took the 48 bus which stops near the hotel every 10 minutes, a welcome option when the weather is cold and rainy. I paid $150/night for my 3 night stay. In hindsight, I would have paid $200/night for a better hotel more closely situated in the city center.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Atlee
Liked it a lot! Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"March 2015"
not enough lighting in the room. housekeeping replaced the towels every day even after I requested that they not do so (because I'd use them again that day).
10 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"6 Nite stay"
Hotel Staff top notch. All requests an questions were done promptly. Great cafe across the street. Hotel Cafe is expensive but good. Too many fantastic restaurants close by to stay in hotel anyway. Inter Country Train station very close, -big plus to us. Lovely Hotel in Lovely City.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Love Europe
"Perfect hotel close to centre"
Modern sheek hotel close to city center. Largest rooms w modern amenities compared to 90% of European hotels. Staff went out of their way to assist and were super friendly. Miss them
Other trip Dec 29, 2014