All hotels in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Calle del Carmen No. 26Esq. San Ildefonso, Mexico CityDF06020Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Food is not good
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"Good budget hotel"
This is a cute little hotel not far from the attractions in the center of Mexico City. I chose it for its location and cheap price, and my stay wasn't bad, but I would probably not stay here again. PROS: - Near the attractions in the city's center, with a number of interesting museums and buildings very close by. - Secure. - Staff was helpful and very friendly. Someone was always around, even in the wee hours of the morning. - Cheap. - The water pressure in the showers is awesome. CONS: - Noise--The hotel rooms are arranged around an open courtyard, which amplifies even the smallest sound on any level of the hotel. My boyfriend and I were awakened every night by other guests coming and going, and they weren't even being very loud. Our room was facing the street, but noise from outside was not an issue at all. - Comfort--Our bed was incredibly hard. By the end of our trip, I had bruises on both my hips from sleeping on my sides. I would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the floor, no exaggeration. ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD: The neighborhood around the hotel was PACKED during the day with people buying and selling knock-off clothing, shoes, accessories, and housewares. People started setting up around 9am, and once everything was in full swing, getting down Calle del Carmen/Correo Mayor was a challenge. Most everyone was cleared out every night by 8pm. That said, I didn't feel unsafe at any point. The people here are poor, not sketchy.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
ElleBee
The hotel was close to everything. Walking distance. It was also on a busy outdoor market. Most of our tours had to pick us up a few blocks away. It was no big deal. Also the rooms are small and the beds hard. But we weren't in them too long as we were out sight seeing till late. So for us it fit perfectly.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Gabriela, Many thanks for your comments about our hotel and many thanks for taking the time of writing a critic. In order to try to be close about all customer´s mattress firmness preferences all our beds has an standard firmness, unfortunately for some customers it can be hard or soft. We remain at your service and hope to see you prety soon.
9 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Gabriela
"economical hotel near the zocalo"
The location is just a couple blocks from the zocalo one direction and a block and a half from the Metrobus the other direction. The area is a bit run down but not dangerous. We walked to the Metrobus for a quick trip to the airport at 6am and found it was well lit, others were walking, and besides we passed the police station on the way. It would be nice if there were more places to eat nearby. The hotel is in good repair. The lobby has an echo but there are signs posted asking patrons to be mindful of noise which seemed to help. Internet and tv were good. The room was comfortable but spartan-the bed was the only real furniture with a box-on-the-wall closet 6 inches deep and shelves connected to the wall to use as tables. The electronic card key one tapped on the lock was convenient. There were never water glasses and no bottled water until our last day. Shampoo was provided. Running a boarding pass from their computer required emailing the pass to the front desk. When their computer lost the file the manager invited us to use the one in her office to reprint the pass-way beyond the call of duty. All staff were excellent.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Jane many many thanks for your comments, these really help us to improve. I will let our staff know about your comments, recognitation from our customers is as rich as a monetary tip. We hope to serve you in the future again. Best Regards
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Jane
"Good place if you're on a budget"
This hotel is good for a budget hotel. We spent six nights. The water pressure is excellent and the sheets were clean, bed was hard but comfortable. Hotel is old and shows a lot of wear. The family room we got was chosen because it had bunk bed. The staff spoke no english which would have been difficult for us if our son didn't translate. Staff could have been friendlier. They never greeted us. We were told that there were safes in the lobby so I gave our passports, money and credit cards to the front desk. They couldn't find them when I asked for them back. They were just sitting at the front desk with a rubber band around them! There was no one even at the desk half the time. The location is okay but noisy at night if the windows are open and we couldn't walk much after dark without fear. I saw the first cockroach run down the floor drain in the lobby bathroom; my son had two run over his feet at the urinal. Yuck! None in our room though. The rooftop is a good spot at night with two little tables and chairs. I had to find it on my own. It's a 10 minute walk to the metro. I probably would not stay here again but it is okay.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Many thanks for your feedback and choosing our hotel. Our hotel complies with all local government pest control certificates, actually the entire property is fumigated twice a week for an external and certificated professional company, we will make an extensive investigation on what happened to you. Hotel surroundings is pretty safe, one block away is the police stations and we are observed for over than 3000 surveillance cameras. In three years managing this property we have never experienced a problem with security. WE really wish to serve you again in the future.
6 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great location and helpful staff"
The location is an easy walk (a few blocks) to the zocalo and all the sights in the center of Mexico City like Santo Domingo, the National Cathedral, and the great archaeological museum just off the zocalo. I am not a big fan of Mexico City but we had to stay there one night before our flight and this hotel was a good choice at a good price. It is also right near the national school for the blind and the hotel gives part of their proceeds to help the blind. There was a change in plans and we had to cancel one of our nights and the hotel kindly accommodated us. They called a taxi for our trip the airport and were attentive to its arrival. The room was on the small side but the bathroom had lots of beautiful tile. There is a safe at the front desk and they took good care of our valuables. The elevator is quite small, but maybe that is standard for Mexico City. There is a computer in the lobby that you can use but there also seemed to be wifi but we couldn't access it. Overall I would stay there again if I wanted to be in the center of Mexico City.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Victoria
Nice staff and even though they speak little or zero English they were helpful with our travel necessities. But at night people play loud music and chatting that echoed through the entire building, making it difficult to sleep.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Nice hotel at affordable price near to zocalo"
The alarm of one of the buildings near to this hotel went of several times at nights. I reported to the hotel staff but they said that they could not do anything about it. Our bed was not confortable at all, staff kindly gave us another room
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Jaime
"Hotel in the middle."
We had a very good stay here, our room was quite small but it was enough for us. The hotel scenery is beautiful and clean. Our room was clean and filled with clean and shampoo and towels. The room has no A/C but the front desk lady brought us a fan. This hotel is in the middle of Zocalo and Tepio market, for that this hotel is awesome and it has a rooftop. A great view to take pictures and eat.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
The service was good and the staff was both very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and well kept
Other trip May 14, 2015
Nic
"A gem of a hotel in Mexico City"
Most people would disagree with a 5 rating if they couldn't get a full night's sleep throughout their stay even if everything else was perfect. But I could sleep in and that was after all the whole point of the trip. Everything else about the hotel more than made up for the interruptions by the other guests, imploring signs by hotel management notwithstanding. Bring a couple of good ear plugs and a fore-bearing attitude. Hotel Templo Mayor essentially caters to locals and like them, has a heart of gold. The front desk manager and the other desk staff don't speak English but are invariably helpful, cheerful and accommodating. The rooms are small, clean, come with LCD TV, a King-size bed, huge shower stall and wifi. The hotel is about 10 minutes on foot from Zocalo/Metropolitan Cathedral/Tempo Mayor (Aztec Temple) and the National Palace. The neighborhood is crowded and lively with vendors. You can sit and enjoy a beer in the courtyard or use their desktop PC. The hotel rate leaves you with plenty to enjoy Mexico City with. Es hermoso.
6 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
Eng Cheong
"Close to Zocalo"
Hotel has been upgraded since my last stay. Very close to Zocalo . No heating or A/C. Very small room but clean. Great location for exploring historic area. Located in seedy part of town , not advised to be out in this area late at night, no problem during day. Took Metro Bus from airport, leaves 2 blocks from hotel, cost $30 pesos. Great alternative if on a budget.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Sir, Thank you for choosing our hotel again. Despite hotel surroundings looks alone at night, the area is really secure. Downtown Mexico City is covered by over tan 3000 surveillance cameras in addition closest police station is one block away from the hotel. We have been managing this hotel since 2011 and we have never faced a robbery or something similar amongst us or our guests. We are continously upgrading our hotel to offer you a much better service, we hope to serve you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Bruno
"Nice lady at the front desk"
The lady at the front desk was so helpful in helping me get around, she could not speak English and I could not speak Spanish, but as humans we can figure it out, even with the language barrier. I got lost in downtown Mexico city by myself at 230 in the morning and when I found the hotel she let me in with no problem, like a mother watching out for her kids, amazing, thank you.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Sir, Many thanks for your comments. Our staff is like the mother of everybody, they really take care of our customers. We are working on training our staff on basic english skills. We hope to see you soon in Mexico City
3 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Jake
"Wonderful Staff!"
Staff was very helpful and available 24/7. Hotel is in a commercial area about a 5-min walk from the Zocalo and the nearest Metro. There are enough museums and other sites within walking distance to keep you busy for at least 2-3 days. The street gets a little quiet/empty at night, but we didn't have any safety issues. During the day, the street is quite busy, especially on the weekends. Taxi drivers hesitate to drive near the hotel because the streets are busy, narrow, and have no parking or areas for them to wait. If you're coming into town in the middle of the day on a weekend, you might have a bit of trouble - during the night, or weekdays, you should be fine. Hotel is lovely, clean, in good condition, and seems very authentic. Rooms are quite small, but you probably won't be spending very much time in your room with so much to do in Mexico City. Wifi was free, and usually working well. The one downside was there was quite a bit of noise, especially during the weekend. I would recommend bringing ear plugs.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Alison
"it's okay"
you have charge me for two rooms but they give me only one room, can you refund the overcharge that you have charged me
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Awesome location, decent hotel. Somewhat noisy."
Mx City can be a bit overwhelming, but this place is literally near everything. You can find any kind of restaurants, souvenirs and there are countless jewelry shops. But the most impressive is the Zocalo and the buildings in the surrounding blocks. You can breathe the history there. Modest, small, nice hotel. It could easily become a hotel-boutique with a bit more budget. The only downside is any noise in the lobby will crawl up to all the upper floors because of how the place is built (great acoustics for an opera house!). I had to have a good night's sleep because of an early flight, and got woken up a couple of times because of some noise in the lobby.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Jose; The hotel was built late on century XVII, by that time the constructions were designed that way in order to have a great acoustic (by that time there were no mobile phones or walkie talkies) At front desk we have ear plugs in order to provide a better sleep. Many thanks for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you soon
jose
The hotel is in the historic district. This fantastic location leaves you walking distance to the cathedral as well and many other beautiful buildings. Vendors in the area are kind in addition to the hotel staff. Roof access allows for a wondrous view of the streets below.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Chris: Many thanks for choosing our hotel as your home away home in Mexico City. We hope to see you soon again. Best Regards
chris
"Big big beds"
The are was perfect, is in the central part of the city, taxi has some difficulty to get until tehy point, but they get it any way.Walking distance you can find the Zocale, the main square.The hotel does not offer any service for breakfast , but don't worry you can find Oxxo or 7 close to the hotel, and personally in mexico is more convenient to have breakfast there instead of pay 8 dollar each for 1 egg and a coffe.The hotel arranged to me all the requested tours and taxi services.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear guest: Many thanks for taking the time to write. We are more than glad about you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you soon again.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Eldonjusto
"horrible"
The hotel room was so small I had to jump over the bed to go to the bathroom. .. no screens on the Windows. No ac.. horrible place.. To top it off your at a market so the noise is rediculous
14 night trip Aug 27, 2014
jorge
"Excellent location close to museums."
Very friendly reception person, gave me great tips on how to get some food late at night and woke me up to make sure I didn't miss my plane after I had overslept!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Brooke
"Could be better!"
The hotel is centrally located which made it easier for us to visit all tourist sites in downtown Mexico City.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Hector
"Do Not Stay Here!!!"
The rooms are hot and the beds are hard as rocks. The shower water takes like 10 minutes to heat up. The first night they put me in a small room with a little window and I caught someone breaking in my room while I was asleep and they took my wallet. Luckily I had no money in there. The night manager was passed out drunk in his roomDo not stay here unless you want to get Robbed!! ITs also in the middle of alot busy noisy streets. You will not get any rest here. Not worth the time or money!
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Walk to Zocalo"
Arrived late at night, not recommended as area is seedy at night , front doors are locked. Had to ring bell for about 5 minutes before someone opened. No air or heat. Much nicer in the day time. Centrally located, closed to museums, Zocalo & old downtown. Good value.
2 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Mr. Brew-Ski
"Hotel close to lots of Tourist attractions."
During our ten day stay, we managed to sleep most of the nights with the exception of our last one. There seemed to be a group of at least 10 that checked in around 1a.m. and were loud and obnoxious all night. Other than that, this hotel is great for those who will be out and about all day and sleep at night. It is about 10 minutes away from the Zocalo, which was our starting point for every adventure that my girlfriend and i went on. During the day, there is hundred of merchants selling everything from backpacks, shoes, clothes, medicine etc. at very low prices. Easy access to the METRO and very secure area. However, I will note that the hotel walls seem to be very thin and every noise your he hear or make will be loud and they don't have air conditioned rooms.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Hotel"
Only Spanish is spoken. There was one person who could help me and she did. The hotel is very near many of the major places to see and not too far from the airport. On arrival, the taxi goes through a part of town that seems dangerous especially at night, but that is not the case. I don't stay out much past dark, so I never had a problem. There are many policemen and the warnings in the tour books about the dangers are less than expected. The hotel has some remodeling done, but it is a bit noisy because it echos. It is clean and everyone is friendly. The traffic stops at night so the street noise is not much. The hotel didn't have many people but the early morning departures are noisy because of the design with many floors around a tiled plaza center.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Roberta
"No windows! mini room (very small)."
The room did not have windows, and the photos on the internet did not show that. Plus the room was really small. other than that no complains, it was clean, staff was nice, good location...
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Located in Downtown."
Hotel staff was very nice/helpful. Location is great! Museums, zocalo, and cathedral are within walking distance. Overall, good hotel for the price.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2014
Alicia
"Great Hotel! Mexico Rocks!"
First I will say if you really want to experience Mexico this is a good option to learn about their culture since is 3 blocks from El Zocalo and it is actually located at the "Centro Historico", also close to the stops from Turibus and Zocalo Metro Station. There is a restaurant close to the Hotel, is call San Francisco, pretty good food, and prices. Also everyone was so nice, and always willing to help. Also some typical Tacos Shop one block from Hotel, same good prices and pretty clean There was always a person at Reception, and Laura is the best!! Do not worry about feeling insecure, there is plenty of police officers around!
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Sil
"Close to the Zocalo"
My stay was great, this hotel was very close to the Zocalo so it made it very easy to get around.
5 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
Shane
"Great bargain near Zocalo"
I traveled with my wife and three children (ages: 14, 13, 9) and the hotel staff accommodated our stay with professionalism. The hotel and our room were kept clean and we especially liked being close to the Zocalo (hub of historical district of Mexico City). While at times somewhat noisy (due to street vendors), at night everything went quiet and we were able to rest/sleep soundly. Great experience!
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Gerardo
"Convenient location"
The location of this hotel is great and the staff were helpful. Beds aren't that comfortable and the nearby streets were extremely noisy. That said, it's good value for money and the view from the roof terrace is lovely in the evening.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Craig
"No one is there."
The description boasts a 24 hour check in counter. Arrived after my flight at 10:30 pm and the front gate door was locked. No one answered the doorbell or knocks and I called the desk several times. Lucky there was a hostel down the street with private rooms still open. Terrible neighborhood to be alone in after dark.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Chase
Very noisy. Guests seemed to include residents who used the hotel as a warehouse. Large boxes were stored in at least one room, they were unpacked in the central area and repackaged late into the night using packing tape to entirely cover the box. Not a common activity for a tourist hotel
3 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to downtown activities."
Good value, no airconditioning or heating system, so cool at night, but no problem.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Alberto
"Clean and good location"
The hotel was charming and clean, but the street outside is noisy late and early. Ask for a room away from the street. You need to run the hot water for several minutes before it heats up.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Simple and cheap hotel near downtown"
It's a very basic hotel. Hot water takes a long time to come out, no phone in the room, TV with basic service. More like a South European "pension" than a hotel. Is good for a short stay, but some backpackers on a budget would be Ok here (More privacy than a hostel, for about the same price).
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
Federico
"great"
This place was perfect to me and my family thanks for everything
3 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Walter
"Seemed bigger"
The room I stayed seemed bigger in the pictures, the room was slightly bigger than the bed, really small closet, the bathroom was also small but not bad. It was just enough to go to sleep but not to stay there.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Fernando

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"stay in worldwide hotels out of historical centre"
Booked 7 days left after 2 sleepless nights. Historical Centre is very noisy and dirty. No English speaking in hotel although one lady tried very much to help. No facilities or service in this hotel.
7 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
Hampson
"Room overbooking scam"
I booked a quadruple room for 2 adults and paid the total in advance, but when I arrived, I was told that they had no quadruple rooms left and they wanted to give me a standard room instead, as my travel companion's flight was delayed and he was arriving the next day. They claimed that the prices for all their rooms were the same, because of they were running a promotion, when it was obvious that in Expedia that the prices for each room was different. Since they were out of quadruple rooms, I insisted on getting the next possible room, which was a triple room. Although there was a difference in price of $6 Canadian dollars, it was not reimbursed. Other than this scam, the service was acceptable.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
J
"Good choice if your budget is limited"
Nice stay. Good location. Good choice if your budget is limited
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear guest, Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and posting your comments. We hope to serve you again soon.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Mexico City experience"
Room was comfortable& affordable. Walking distance to the square& major attractions.
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear sir, Many thanks for choosing our hotel and posting your comments. We hope to serve you again soon.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2015
"Basic but clean"
Quite basic but comfortable and clean. Neighbourhood could be noisy.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2015
"centre of historic area , ciudad de mexico"
We arrived early by bus from yucatan approx 6 am , check in time is 3 00 Pm ? but the nice helpful staff got up and gave us another room as the one we booked (Kingsize ) was not yet available . The room we got had a double decker bed and was a bit cramped for 2 people with luggage , but had a window to the street and was clean , bathroom was ok, but fairly ordinary with the historic yellow floral tiling left over from the days of Pancho Villa . Later in the morning , when our room was available they allowed us to change at no extra charge , the king size room with one bed was clean , comfortable and roomy with a view . sheets were crisp and clean with no signs of bedbugs etc , hot water worked in both rooms but was much better in the king size room , was a bit ho hum like it was trying to decide what to do in the cheaper room , The streets surrounding the hotel for a few blocks in all directions were clean and and as safe as you get in latin america , but don t go too far in the wrong direction . and as always , keep your wits about you .
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear guest: Thank you for your comments and many thanks for choosing our hotel. The tile in the bathroom is not as old as it looks, was installed 5 years ago. Honestly we would like to install a different pattern but the National Institute of Anthropology did not allow to do this. We hope to see you in our city and our hotel soon.
nick
"So so"
Just satyed 1 night, thw room itself was ok; the only problem are the noises, I could hear the elevator coming and going, a lot of people talking very loud, and some of them coming very drunk and screaming,
Response by Hotel Templo Mayor
Dear Raúl: Many thanks for choosing our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenient. We hope to see you soon
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Guillermo Raul
"try somewhere else"
There is so much to say about this hotel and most of it bad. the room is 400cms larger than the bed on 3 sides (nil on other) the hot water doesn't work, it is noisy, hard surfaces echo all sounds, there are no chair, fridge, desk, internet connection is poor.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
elgarc
"very accomodating staff"
I would only suggest they get some matress toppers. Our king bed was kinda hard.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
MX
"Chose not to stay here"
After a ride in our cab through an area of litter filled streets and interesting activity, we chose to caerry on and our taxi driver found us a much better neighborhood.the hotel did not look like the photo here portrays.
3 night trip Feb 10, 2014
"good as a"
Tiny room not much bigger than the small double bed. No natural light in room. No hot water. Hard to gain access (bring a mobile phone to ring them as they often lock the front door and doorbell doesn't work and reception seems rarely manned). Dodgy quiet block to be in at night but good central location. Room was clean. Wifi worked. Building seemed in good order and maintained well. Only can't give any more for condition because of the hot water.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Lovely hotel - ugly neighborhood"
This is a lovely hotel with cozy little rooms which might be too little if you bring too much luggage. It's close to Mexico's Downtown and you can walk to a lot of tourist attractions. Only problem is the noise of the commercial neighborhood nearby.
4 night romance trip Dec 16, 2013
Ivan
MX
Good location. Wonderful woman at front desk. Nice atmosphere. Good value.
3 night family trip Dec 16, 2013