All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Awesome vibe
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Nice hotel near central station"
We liked this hotel because it was in an old building that had some very unique charm! I even took a video of how we had to go up and down stairs on the way to our room. I'm glad we picked this over the Hilton across the canal!
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
Great Hotel To enjoy the city. Central station its a few blocks away and all the transportation you need inner city or international trains goes from there. The size of the room was quite small but you either get a big room far from there city or this. Staff was always nice and willing to help with any questions. In overal I was really happy with my stay here
4 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
kisha
"Noisy"
great location. but the hotel was super noisy, the floors and walls seemed very thin and i could hear everything happening in the adjacent rooms and i mean everything, yuck!
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
roger
"Good hotel for a visitor from abroad"
Kindly accepted. Good location for tram, metro and railway station, and public parking.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Can't sleep = automatic 1 star"
A/C was shut down at night. When asked at front desk they said it is programmed that way and they can't change it. What a ridiculous reason! Window in my tiny room was facing into the breakfast room and could not be open. Because of no AC and locked window, it got really hot inside and the air was so stale I had trouble sleeping. It is a shame that the owner is so cheap because otherwise it was a nice place with good location, however being able to sleep is the most important thing in a hotel for me. Anything else is just good to have.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Greg
"Small Room, Beds Pushed Together"
Small room was expected as I am an experienced European traveler. Desk and chair should be removed and then room space/size will be much better. Bed side tables have curved sides so items placed on the them often slid off. Large bed was just two small beds pushed together. The two mattresses even had separate sheets/covers. This will be inconvenient for couples as the mattresses tended to slide away from the center creating a gap/crevasse if a couple cuddles in the center of the bed (beds).
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Not so nice"
Beds were hard not even sure it was a mattress more like a thick quilt. They turned the A/C off at night, but the windows were locked so no ventilation after 11 pm. Poor room lighting. Bathroom so small you had to be careful when sitting on the commode to not hit your head in the sink.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Feltwell
"Cozy, clean hotel close to Centraal Station"
This is a cozy boutique hotel that is centrally located. It's an approximate 10-minute walk to Centraal Station and a comfortable 15-minute walk to Dam Square. The room was small but super clean. As a seasoned traveller, I know what to expect with hotel sizes in Europe. As long as my room and bathroom are clean, I am a happy camper. The hotel staff was super friendly and super helpful. Of course, having a smile goes a very long way in this world...regardless of where you are. Ingrida, Ramesh, and Muhammad helped my fiance and me on many different occasions. I will definitely stay here again?
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
K
"OK for a short visit"
Pretty comfortable hotel. The room was small but adequate for one person. The lighting in the room and the lobby was TERRIBLE. It was difficult reading my computer screen or any printed matter. I actually left a plug to a medical machine in my room and the staff wanted 25 Euros plus postage to mail it to me. The postage is understandible but 25 Euros in addition? Why??? It seems ridiculous for the hotel to profit from returning people's items.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Good Location"
New and modern. Small space, no place to put anything down, no shelves to speak of. Turned the AC off between 11 PM and 6 AM
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Great for one person on business"
rooms were clean, modern, and small. Great location.
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Modern"
Air conditioning was an issue. Room 801 has no window but the renovation is good. Nice bathroom Right next to the elevator and across the tiny hall from the Breakfast room. Be prepared to be up at 7:30 when it offers food Otherwise, good location and modem amenities
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Meh"
Sort of a disappointment. All but one employee were rude and unaccomadating. They turn the ac off at 5pm, so while you're out and about enjoying the city, they're running the ac. As soon as you get back, it's off. One of our rooms didn't even have a window to the outdoors. I asked for extra towels and was told I "had enough". The location was nice though.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Rachel
Very close to central station and a bike ride away from everything in the city. Rooms are clean we did not have a window but the bathrooms and beds were great.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice Hotel Close to the Amsterdam Central Station"
We walked from Amsterdam Central station to the hotel it was a 5-10 minute walk with luggage. On entering the check in was quick and easy. We were able to walk to most tourist attractions from the hotel the furthest being the museums which were a 45 minute leisurely walk. The hop on hop off and other bus services ran right in front of the hotel. Next door was a lively yet relaxed Cafe Pollux lower down was a Lovely Japanese restaurant Geisha the Sushi was amazing with great service. There was no shortage of great food and lots to see. Going into ZeedijkSt. where there were ample Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese restaurants we choose to eat at a Mandarin restaurant New King which was everything that we expected great food, excellent service and not expensive. We ended one day by having great Dim Sum at Hoi Tin Restaurant which had mainly Dim Sum great food good price. Areas which are a must see.. The Heineken Museum , The Van Gogh Museum, a walk along the Red Light District The Hop on Hop off covers the main areas and finally Volendam to the restaurants serving loads of Sea Food and the Cheese Factory at Volendam.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Vin
"Just OK"
This was an interesting Hotel. I'd choose a different place next time. In general thinks we're fine but a lot of little things add up. First, the room smelled a bit stale/damp. I could deal with it but my wife was put off. It got better with the Aircon on. Second, our rooms window was French doors that opened up to the hotel complementary computer. No problems with it at the end of the day but a bit uncomfortable. Finally, we were out and returned at about midnight. Unknown to us they lockup the building so you must ring to be let in. A fine practice but I would have appreciated a heads up when checking in. Also, it took 10 minutes or do for anyone to let us in.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice clean place that is well located.."
Hotel was nice - overall good. Clean and conveniently located to city center and Central Station. Wi-Fi was great. Small facility to provide basic breakfast, but adequate and food was okay. No restaurant or bar on location, but great little cafe right next door with great local beer selection. Many food choices within a short walk. No gym or exercise facility on location, but plenty of streets to walk - a good way to see the city in conjunction with the canal cruise.
6 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Room was small, clean and functional. Location was close to train station. Staff ranged from very helpful and friendly to one who could careless if we were there.n
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Alexina
"Great location with the MOST comfortable beds!"
The rooms are small and cozy but we loved the quirkiness of them. We have stayed at Hotel Amsterdam on 2 different occasions. We loved the pillow top mattresses. Walking distance from great nightlife too!
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Shaza
"good area"
Basic, clean good. size room. close to city and train station. The coffee maker was very nice.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
ann
"Hotel Mansion is great"
It was a great experience. We did not have any serious problem with the hotel.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Gay Couple
"great location for a dark room."
The room was modern and very clean. However, it was dark and the light switches were difficult to locate. The water pressure was awful. Staff was very helpful. The breakfast attendant stares at you, watching every bite! We love Amsterdam.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Gwen
"Great Amsterdam hotel"
Great location, modern room, very clean hotel, relatively quite, walking distance to everything.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Good stay"
Reasonable walk from train station. Good clean, quiet room.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Experienced
"Superb position , good service, good room for good"
Nice building, superb three stars room was renovated, very cleany.position near Grand Centraal and Damrak. Nice hotel.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Thomis
"Close, quiet, clean"
Good service, quiet, close to everything, very clean, the room was a bit small for the price.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Considering many hotels within a few blocks of Central Station are not especially pleasant, I was surprised how new and clean this one was.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
""value" for Amsterdam"
It is a lovely little hotel. The staff is great and the price is the same as an "Ibis" but the decor, feel, bathrooms and size are better.
6 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
Real
Good experience. Staff not great at making restaurant recommendations
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice hotel in great location"
Hotel with basic amenities (TV, WiFi, iron, coffee, etc.) but small rooms. However, that seems to be common in Amsterdam--high cost of real estate! Front desk staff very willing to help print documents, e.g. boarding passes. Good hotel for someone just looking for a place to sleep while exploring Amsterdam, rather than spending significant time in the room.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
JC
nice hotel, but I made my booking for a single room.when I got there, I found that it was a windowless room in the basement, which was not specified in my reservation. I would have appreciated a window. I tried to change but they had nothing left. It was also next to the elelvator so I hardly slept as it made noise all night long. other than this problem, though, the hotel was very clean, nice and well-appointed. I would go back if I knew I could get a room above ground with a window- away from the elevator.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"Modern facility close to old town and train stAtio"
Clean. Modern. Great bathroom with new shower. Close to the good areas
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
patrick
"nice location, friendly staff, clean room"
nice location, friendly staff, clean room, will come back again
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
s
"Not bad"
Not a bad hotel. Clean, close to the train station. It would have been better if they offered to help us with our bags. There was little to no service other than checking in.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
"Decent hotel, could be better with service."
Overall, decent experience. + on cleanliness and hotel decor. It's not a big room, but comfortable for 2.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Jax
"OK for short Stay"
Reasonable cost, Boutique type Hotel. Close to Central Train/Bus Station makes getting around easier. Walking distance to Red Light District if you are looking for that kind of thing. Not recommended for Kids/Family
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Jack F.
"GREAT BOUTIQUE STYLE HOTEL"
I travel for business and pleasure several times a month. I was pleasantly surprised by this neat, quaint hotel. I was only staying in Amsterdam for a short afternoon and one evening. The hotel looked exactly like the pictures posted on the website...the room was spotless clean and the hotel staff was very helpful. I am from the states so I am not used to twin beds being pushed together to make a double. This bed situation is all over Europe. When we are in Rome, Venice, Florence, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London, (it is always the same). The beds, even though smaller than we are used to in the states was very comfortable. Bathrooms and overall room size is also smaller than in the states. But, large enough to still feel comfortable. The location is perfect and within walking distance to the Canal tour boats, and the Central Train Station. Neighborhood is nice and safe and you can walk (watch out for the bicycles) to many eating and drinking establishments. I plan to go back and spend Many More days to see Amsterdam (an amazing city). I will for sure stay here again and recommend this hotel...
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Jerrie
"Great location, close to train"
Nice room but very small. Location great for getting on the train the next morning and for seeing the sights the night before.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

":)"
It was great! Would go back again!
2 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2016
"Hotel Mansion Amsterdam"
3 days in Amsterdam sightseeing a day we were very pleased with our hotel a day the very helpful staff.
3 night romance trip Feb 16, 2016
Joan
A lovely hotel but the staff were very unwelcoming which was a shame.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2016
Emily
"My experience"
The wifi didn't work properly on the top floor, the bathroom might aswel been on the bed room the rooms are very small and cramped, there was no fridge in the room, the latch came off the window which made it dangerous,a lot of drilling early hours of the morning but otherwise clean
3 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
"Don't stay here"
Would have been a great stay if hotel staff actually provided a service. The women at the service desk was rude and unwilling to help. On arrival we wasn't even shown to our room. We was just told to "go to the end of the corridor" when our room was actually the first room on the left at the very beginning of the corridor. Wasn't even told the room number had to check our room key. Thought our stay we was made to feel extremely unwelcomed
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
"Perfect but renovations"
Great hotel with perfect location. Room was amazing and modern but Renovations were undergoing the duration of our trip which consisted of loud banging and hammering from 8am onwards.
3 night romance trip Jan 11, 2016
"Lovely Hotel in centre!"
Very good location, room was lovely and bed very comfortable. Staff were very polite. Only fault was that we were told anything the breakfast kitchen we didnt know anything about it as we were told. Over all was great would defiantly stay here again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
Couldn't rate this hotel higher, I loved it
4 night romance trip Jan 3, 2016
Marcella
"Will go again to the same hotel"
The room was nice. The people that work at the hotel were super nice and helpful. The location of the hotel was good not far from anything. The only problem was the wifi didn't reach to our room but overall I had an amazing stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
Sabrina
"Nice hotel, perfect location"
Hotel was in the perfect location, so close to everything The staff were lovely, very friendly and polite The bed was very comfy Lighting wasn't great round the mirrors Bathroom was nice and modern although water from shower always went everywhere as there isn't an enclosure round the shower There's a gap under the door so we could hear our neighbours easily but that didn't bother us as me and my partner weren't that quiet anyway All in all was a really nice hotel, made our stay enjoyable
4 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
joshua
"Mansiontastic"
A bit noisy but smack bang in the centre and very well appointed rooms.
3 night trip Dec 7, 2015
"Simple and close to Centre."
A basic hotel but clean and tidy. Helpful staff and close to the train station and city centre. As I didn't spend much time in the hotel, it was more than adequate for my needs. Unfortunately the building next door was having renovation work so drilling and sledgehammer work could be heard on the other side of the wall by 0700hrs. This was annoying but it was hardly the fault of the hotel. The hotel kindly printed my boarding pass for me and allowed me to store my bags after I checked out so I could sightsee before my flight. The bar next door was very cheap and comfortable too.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015