All hotels in Sooke, British Columbia, Canada
8969 West Coast Rd, Sooke, BC, V9Z 1E7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Romantic getaway"
My husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at Points West. The location is secluded and quite romantic which is exactly what we were looking for. We stayed in cabin A on the main floor and were pleasantly surprised by the furnishings and amenities. We had a fully stocked kitchen and the grocery store is only 8 miles away so we made good use of it. I will say that we felt a bit exposed and had there been anyone in the upper or lower suites I would not have been comfortable staying here. There is an opening from the main suite into the stairway leading to the lower suite. With a bit of effort (I'm 5'4) I was able to poke my head into our suite from the stairs which was disconcerting to say the least. The bathroom window has no curtain or frosted glass and anyone staying in the upper suites has a birds eye view into the bathroom from the stairs leading to the suite. Although we had a lovely time, I would not return unless these privacy concerns are corrected. I would have rated it a solid 5 except for the privacy issues. .
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
It is unfortunate that the information that was provided at check in was evidently misunderstood. In order to maximize guest privacy, it is our practice that the top and lower floors remain unoccupied and unavailable when the main level Ocean Point Suite only is booked (at some cost to ourselves). In fact, for guest convenience, we provided access to you through the lower level suite, to the private hot tub and patio. There was really no need to be peering around corners at all, given that you were the only occupants in the building.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Janna
"Great View - New Place"
The view and accommodations are amazing. It is a new business. There are a few improvements they could make. For being next to a small town with not a lot of convenient restaurant locations, they really should offer a common area with some type of continental breakfast. Your really on your own for food or anything. Also, when first greeted by the owner, he should really just give us a small introduction or tour of the property. Instead, we were asked for our credit card to pay off the balance without even introducing himself. Otherwise, the place is amazing... Sea lions, otters, sea birds, and even a bald eagle all off our balcony!
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
Thank you for the review, Brent. Tours of the property may be arranged with prior notice, but are not ordinarily offered at check in. A selection of restaurants and grocery stores is just a 10 minute drive away, in the Sooke town center. A full kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave is provided with each unit, as well as a gas BBQ. Given your issues with your card, extra time was required to process your booking (that we subsequently helped you to resolve). But I do recall the pleasant conversations with you and your wife, as well the detailed dining and local attractions email that was forwarded to you. Best regards, Points West Oceanfront Resort
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Brent
"Simply Awesome"
What a wonderful place. Extremely beautiful setting right on ocean with great view of mountains. Perfectly peaceful and secluded. Very well maintained property and service was excellent.
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
Thank you for your thoughtful review, JBK. Veronica very much enjoyed connecting with you both, and we look forward to seeing you again. Best regards, Points West Oceanfront Resort
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
JBK

"5 out of 5. Romantic, private get away."
We are from Victoria and recently stayed for the first time at Points West Resort after a friend of ours who stayed here highly recommended it to us. The water views were beautiful and we were immediately impressed with how nicely everything was furnished. The Ocean Point suite we stayed in was very private, quiet and perfect for a romantic couples getaway, which is exactly what we were hoping for. We could hear big waves crashing on the shore at night and the private beach was right out front of us. Veronica, the owner was very warm and friendly when we arrived and when we requested a late check out, she was happy to accommodate. Thanks Points West, we will be back very soon! 5 out of 5!
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Not Provided
The room was nice and clean. The kitchen was wonderful to cook in. Even though the hotel was outside of town and very remote it still did not feel private as the blinds were see through.
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
The blinds are semi opaque (not transparent) to maximize the spectacular ocean and mountain views. Ocean Point Suite also features a second set of bedroom blinds, which in addition to light dimmers, affords our guests an extra level of privacy. While the property is indeed private and secluded, it is also a 10 minute drive from the Sooke town center, where a wide variety of restaurants and other amenities are available.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Idyllic!"
This place is a perfect romantic getaway. Beautiful views, tastefully decorated and very private. We're already planning our next visit!
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Milotka
"Time to relax and unwind."
This is one of the nicest places that I've ever stayed at. (And I've stayed at a few over the years) It didn't start too well as we travelled to Vancouver Island from Vancouver on a Friday afternoon and it was the third ferry before there was space for us to get on (Five and a half hour wait) We therefore missed the 4 to 6pm check in and due to issues with our UK mobile phone were unable to contact the owner to advise them we were running late and eventually arrived at 9:30pm. Nothing was too much bother for the owner who was away for the evening and they left our key out for us with instructions to register the next morning. The facilities, location and views from this property make it an ideal place to relax and unwind. The finishes were top class and the barbque and hot tub made for an even more relaxing stay. Also ideal for watching wildlife. We saw deer, raccoons and squirrels in the garden, birds of prey in the trees nearby and overhead and seals in the bay and whales about half a mile off shore. If we're back in the area I'd have no hesitation in staying at this property.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Beautiful, secluded location on the beach."
Perfect setting for anyone wanting to get away from it all. So peaceful and quiet, the only sounds being bird-song and waves lapping at the shore. Truly refreshing. .
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Ken
"A Perfect Romantic Escape"
The room was spotless, the view outstanding and the service impeccable. If you are looking for a private get-away, this is the place for you. Everything was geared to a relaxing, indulgent weekend for two.
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
Thank you for the review, Sophie. It was a pleasure meeting you, and we hope to see you again.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
sophiefair
"Nice Place with great views"
Spent two nights in the rooftop suite (got a free upgrade) Views were great and had our own rooftop hot tub.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Todd and Amanda
"The privacy and view was incredible.. :)"
We absolutely loved our stay and it met every expectation we had when we booked it. It was very romantic and private which was exactly what we wanted.
Response by Points West Oceanfront Resort
Thank you for your review, Patsy. We are happy you were able to enjoy a private, romantic time. We may offer food service in the future, but for now, the Sooke town center is a 10 minute drive away, with a selection of restaurants and grocery stores to choose from. Best regards, Points West Oceanfront Resort
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Patsy

TripAdvisor reviews for Points West Oceanfront Resort

"Perfect"
11/28/15 Jaktam Derby, United Kingdom
First I need to apologise to Veronica - I promised to write my review but got caught up in work things. The upshot of this place is.........its perfect, just perfect. Crisp white sheets, beautiful decor and stunning views. We stayed here in September 2015 for four nights and it was everything you want in a home away from home. I have always said; I would not stay anywhere that didn't have the same quality as things we enjoy at home.......these villas I would gladly live in and call home. Veronica is attentive but stays in the background, she leaves you to your own world but if you need help - she is very obliging, if something is wrong or doesn't work (TV) we couldnt get to work - she is onto it in a blink. Again put in simple terms Veronica has hit the perfect mark for me as traveler on its head, thank you. We enjoyed our stay so much so - we are coming back next year with daughter, son-in-law and a friend. What else can I say. I'm looking forward to our stay............... Kind regards
"Immaculate with nice view"
11/24/15 Teri F Seattle, Washington
We stayed in the Oceanfront suite in the second building. It was very quiet at night. There is not a great place to read due to lack of light. The check in check out process was efficient but not engaged. The location is perfect with access to many of the local attractions. There are plenty of towels and the kitchen is equipped. Hard to find on the road as the sign is very small and half hidden with shrubbery.
"What more could a guest wish for"
11/17/15 Sean F
My wife and I stayed in the Ocean Point suite. Upon arrival we were greeted by Veronica. She was very friendly and efficient during the check-in process. While I do enjoy to chat, I was particularly appreciative of the efficiency since I typically prefer minimal time spent during the check-in process because I look forward to getting to the room or suite. I felt like there was a nice balance here of both friendliness and efficiency. Upon entering the suite it truly felt like home. The lights were on, the heat was on and everything was fully stocked, minus food of course. We were supplied wood for our wood stove, full kitchen utensils, and lots of towels for the bathroom / hot tub. Not to mention cable TV and high-speed WIFI that is actually high-speed. The suite was absolutely spotless and the view was fantastic. You could hear the waves of the ocean which added to the whole experience. Veronica was quite knowledgable in regards to local attractions. She sent us a list via email of places to eat and things to do. I thought that was a nice touch. Check-out was easy, which I also like. My wife and I literally packed our things, tidied up, left the key and drove away. The entire check-in to check-out experience was flawless. We will definitely be returning. Finally, I must say that I appreciate when what is advertised is done so in an honest manner. I felt as though this is the case with Points West. What you see on their website is accurate to what your experience will be like. In fact, our expectations were exceeded which was a bonus. What more could a guest wish for.
"Great place to decompress."
10/11/15 Lance and Debs B London, United Kingdom
We really enjoyed our stay here, lovely property kept to a high standard, bbq easy to use. Comfortable, clean accomodation. Bed a bit near to wall, so we did bang shins passing through from living area to get past bed to bathroom. We enjoyed our walk on beach front, which is very close to property. Would recommend as a short stay as a place to wind down.
"Oceanfront Delight!"
10/10/15 Goodroomsonly Burlington, Canada
We were at the end of a two week road trip around the island. This was our last stop before the airport, so,we were hoping for a nice place to unwind and enjoy the last views of the ocean. It did not disappoint! We stayed in the rooftop and were delighted when we opened the door to a beautifully appointed room with unobstructed window views looking out to the ocean together with a private outdoor hot tub and patio. Immaculately clean and modern. Loved it. Worth the price. Caution that it is a bit of a hike up the stairs with luggage if you have mobility issues.
"Beautiful & Relaxing"
09/21/15 Tara F Calgary, Canada
We stayed in the roof top suite and found it to be a very relaxing experience. The property is gorgeous, the view is spectacular and it is quiet and felt very private. We were very impressed with the customer service as we had arrived a day earlier than planned and they accommodated us within 30 minutes of our request. I would definitely recommend Points West to anyone travelling to the island in need of some R&R.
"Lovely"
07/24/15 880freqtrav Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Great location, easy drive to town and to good hiking. Very spacious and well appointed. We couldn't have asked for more and wished we could have stayed longer. Great views and comfortable furniture for settling in.
"Stunning location, highly recomended!"
07/10/15 Ryan O Victoria, Canada
My wife and daughter and I recently stayed in the Ocean Point House for 3 nights. We were totally impressed and happy with our stay. It was quiet, peaceful and the accommodation was immaculate and clean. Very nicely furnished with wonderful views and beach access. Veronica the owner, was friendly and courteous. We plan on returning and having a family reunion next year. Great job Points West!!!
"Beautiful"
07/09/15 PLTI Edinburgh, United Kingdom
A stunning location, perfect comfort and a very welcoming host. If you are looking for accommodation in the area then this is simply a must, a truly awe inspiring location combined with all the comforts you need for the perfect getaway. (Also you are unlikely to ever find a faster internet connection!!)
"Comfortable But Not All We Expected"
06/19/15 AbbyEmptyNesters Abbotsford BC
My partner and I spent 3 nights at Points West back in March. We were fortunate enough to rent the top floor suite here, and it was very nice. The view was spectacular, the private hot tub was nice and the bed comfortable. We were however a bit surprised at a couple of things. First, there is a great lack of storage space for clothes and travel items. We found this awkward having to live out of our suitcases. Second, we were somewhat taken aback at the aloofness of our hostess after reading all the other reviews. We saw her when we arrived and when we left, and on both occasions the contact was very businesslike and somewhat aloof and hurried. The property itself is large and there is waterfront access, and the resort is close enough to Sooke to be convenient. We wouldn't go back though, despite the fact that it was a nice experience it wasn't outstanding.