All hotels in Karon, Thailand
70 Kata Road, Muang, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0

Voyage de noce. Hôtel correct. Pas de mauvaise surprise
7 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Kata Silver Sand Hotel

"Paying for what you get"
05/27/15 Stephanie T Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We visited this place back in July 2014. It's small, cozy, and staff were friendly and helpful. Bare essentials, the buffet was uninspiring but still we welcomed the buffet breakfast and the staff were always nearby, willing to help! They offered us an umbrella when it was raining out, multiple requests for wifi passwords (you have to renew it every 6 hourly or so). We paid about 1200 bht for a room with breakfast. The hallway reminds you of government housing flats, bare but still clean. The bed was hard and everything was well worn but you can tell still very clean and everything was functioning. Come unassuming and it would be a very pleasant experience as it's pretty good considering the price you pay. Plenty of shops nearby, including a 7 11, liquor store, car rentals and the beach is just a 3 minute walk up from the hotel. We hired a car from a really friendly Malaysian man nearby the hotel - a Toyota Vios for 1200 bht a day and travelled to Patong, Big Buddha and Phuket Town with it.
"Big Disappointment "
01/04/15 Gianluca B Milan, Italy
➕ room very clean, silent and bed very comfortable. Bathroom also very clean and nice. Swimming pool area small but clean and well kept. In general no bad smell and cleaning staff very good. ➖ no warm welcome at all, maybe with a smile and a small drink that we always found when coming to Thailand and no help to bring our luggages to the room, we have 2 kids plus stroller and bags and it wasn't nice to carry everything alone after 20 hours trip. Safety box not working; I told them everyday and everyday they say they will fix but it was never fixed. They tried to charge me 1000 THB for extra bed while in my booking was written 600 THB. At the end they accepted to charge 600. Breakfast buffet was absolutely ridiculous, there was no yogurt, only one juice, no cereals and if you arrive after 9:30 as it happened to us a lot of things missing because they say it is late. Breakfast is until 10 so if I arrive 9:35 I expect the same as if arrive at 7. For example when I ask to have juice which was finished they just fill my glass but don't put more juice available and when I ask for sausages they ask how many I want and give me but they don't put more on the table. Also the first morning my small daughter was sleeping so I went with the other daughter to breakfast and my wife staid in the room; I wanted to bring something to eat for them on my way back but they told me I may not bring any food out of the breakfast room in a very rude way. All these things are details obviously and it takes very little to improve; to us it felt bad to be threatened like that; Thailand is the land of smile and here we felt they were annoyed to have us here. Our holiday is 3 weeks long and I was very happy I booked here only 3 days. We changed immediately the hotel. Definitely I don't recommend this hotel until they change their attitude towards customers.
"The light was on, but nobody was home"
12/29/14 HardCoreDiver Harstad, Norway
Payed 3200bath per night for a room. It was not worth it! Staff was not very helpfull. The hotel seemed to be run by russians, FOR russians. I had to prepay my stay for 2days. I had to walk 500meters from lobby to get to the room. And to get wifi you had to get a code in the lobby, which only lasted for 6hours, and then you had to get a new one....... Bed was really hard, and uncomfortable. On the bright side it was nice looking rooms and clean.
"Backpacking"
12/27/14 Ambrosius B
Wow! Amazing service and accommodations. Best place to stay in Phuket I would highly recommend this place to anyone! The atmosphere is amazing and rooms are perfect and really close walk to the beach also a really great BBQ street vendor down the road, please don't be afraid, some of the best food you will ever eat!
"little gem"
07/24/14 39carolina bali
hotel lobby staff lovely..rooms staff friendly...kitchen staff however very rudebut rooms very nice everything you could want ..pool clean and pool area well maintained very close to restaurants shops beach...free wifi....breakfast buffet style quite good selection....we enjoyed our stay and would return......
"Good price, good location, not the best staff"
03/19/14 killershay Calgary, Canada
I stayed here in November of 2013 as a solo traveler. The hotel itself is pretty decent to look at and its quite large, a lot bigger than it looks from the outside! The pool area is cute and quaint, nothing spectacular but it does the trick. I really liked the rooms, the bathrooms are modern and the rooms are kept really clean and the housekeepers are sweethearts. There is a weird lagoon that the hotel rooms back out too, and the most annoying crickets live in this lagoon, probably like 5million of them because they do not shut up ever. Outside of that the rooms are more than tolerable. If you are at any of the rooms farther in the back of the hotel you will NOT get any wifi, it is extremely annoying. Also their wifi runs on an annoying system where ever 3 hours you have to get a new "ticket" with a code and enter it in from the front staff. One of the cons (which turned out to be a pro) was that they had overbooked my room and had to switch me to their sister resort "Easy Resort" next door half way during my 2 week stay. Which was the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME, there sister resort is a)cheaper b) 10x better and much more cost. Some other cons were that I got EXTREMELY bad food poisoning after I ate a burger from there attached restaurant. I highly recommend not to eat there. The wifi sucks. And the front staff no absolutely nothing and can't help you with anything. I got some of my makeup on the towel and they tried to charge me for it. Over all this is a good resort and I would not mind staying at it again. For the price you pay it is definitely worth it. Also it is a 5 minute walk to the beach which is AWESOME.
"Good location, nice rooms"
01/12/14 Alli A Georgia
We really enjoyed the Kata Silver Sand Hotel. The rooms were nicely appointed and the staff brought bottled water each day. There were mini-fridges in the room, too. The hotel is in a good location on Kata Beach, close to restaurants, bars, and the beach, of course! The swimming pool was clean and very nice. The included breakfast was good and changed slightly from day to day. Staff were very friendly and polite, although at times there were some language barriers/miscommunication. Kata Beach is a little quieter than neighboring Karon Beach or Patong Beach, which meant when we went to bed, we did not hear anything! Overall, we really enjoyed Kata Silver Sand Hotel and would return in the future.
"Small, cozy, no view anywhere"
01/17/13 salmja Espoo, Finland
Good things first: room was nice and clean, AC worked fine, fridge was cold and they brought more water every day. Breakfast was good, although it was same set every morning. And personnel is great. And pool is great. Beach very close, nearest minimart just around the corner, restaurants are nearby. Everything worked fine, including shower, wifi and tv. Bad stuff: there is only two floors and hotel is about 200 meters long. And our room was the very last one in the end. Balconies are on the shady side and the only view was the fence between hotels. We didn't spend too much in the room, but if you want sunbath in balcony, it's impossible. But hey! The beach is for that!
11/25/12 Sergey B
Small and cozy hotel.Very good personal. Beautiful rooms. Moto-bikes are for rent in good conditions. Good breakfast. The are a lot of restaurants near the hotel. Kata beach in 5min. from it. We have enjoyed staying there.
"Ужаснейшие завтраки"
06/09/15 chluda Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
Отдыхала в этом отеле в марте.Отель небольшой,но аккуратный,расположен в неплохом месте,недалеко от пляжа.Номера неплохие.чисто.а если оставить пару долларов,то горничная и водички лишней в холодильник подложит,и полотенец добавит.На ресепшене русскоговорящая девушка,очень услужливая,Какую нужно информацию-получите в полном объеме.Но вот кухня(имею ввиду завтраки)-это ужас!Нареканий от посетителей было полно,но за время пребывания-ни намека на сдвиг к лучшему.Жаренные яйца,сосисочки,бекон жареный,1 вид хлопьев,арбуз(и тот нарезан в небольшом количестве) ,ананас.Огурцы и помидоры резались на несколько дней вперед,на них зачастую сидела мошкара.В общем,в отеле кухня плохая.Но такие завтраки с лихвой можно компенсировать едой,которой торгуют на тук-туках.Мне попадались очень чистые и аккуратные продавцы пищи.Вечером вообще наступает рай для гурманов-только выбирай посвежее морепродукты.А какие вкусные фрукты,особенно манго!Хорошо на Пхукете.но не везде.Ката и Карон-отличные пляжи.Но я больше туда не полечу-с ума сойти.какой длинный перелет(10 часов).чартерный рейс.все проходы заставлены креслами,людей натолкали под завязку.,кресла жутко не удобные,туалеты забивались.устраивалась постоянная очередь) .В ощем,перелеты с такими удобствами омрачили весь отдых.