All hotels in St. Helena, California, United States of America
1152 Lodi Lane, St. Helena, CA, 94574, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Pay for the expensive room"
The first night we stayed in one of the most marvelous rooms we ever saw in our lives as a free upgrade. The next two nights we stayed in a very conservative small room without all the same comforts. The staff is incredibly nice and they offer a wonderful breakfast that's different every day. Proximity to wineries and restaurants was excellent. Again, the staff and food were great. The room was clean and modest although we did have a vineyard view from the balcony. I'd stay there again OR try something else. It was nice, but not the kind of place I MUST return to see. My wife was not thrilled about the standard room.
3 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Adam
"Fantastic Stay"
Fantastic staff, amazing breakfast and happy hour hors de oeuvres and wine - all included. Chef Ryan whips up some tasty snacks and breakfast items. The location is so convenient to hikes, wineries, and site seeing. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. We stayed in #22. Our room was cute and rustic, but had rug. I am allergic to dust. I think we will try a unit with hardwood floors next time. We did go on their wine tour and absolutely loved it. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and fun. Worth the spend!
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Warm and friendly"
Wonderful staff, beautiful location. Our room had a fireplace that was supplied with kindling and logs. The staff was exceptionally friendly and gave us a tour. Our room was charming. The only complaint was the mattress-old and very uncomfortable. They had a complimentary wine tasting/happy hour in the evening and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. We will return.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
"Wind Country Inn Fabulous"
Relaxing and comfortable in the large room with window seat and comfortable chairs in the sitting area. Too cold for the balcony--maybe next time! Outdoor pool on the premises looked inviting but the wineries beckoned.
2 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Judy
"Perfect Napa valley Gem"
The Wine Country Inn was an extremely relaxing hotel with excellent staff members eager to do anything they could to make your stay the best you could hope for. The hot tub was clean and large. The evening reception by the fireplace was a welcome start to our late dinner. The hotel is in the perfect location for some of the best Napa Valley wineries and they will help you find interesting, lesser known spots to try.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Katherine
"Charming"
My husband and I went up to Napa to spend my birthday and had a wonderful time. The Wine Country Inn was charming, comfortable, the room was spacious (27) and complimentary happy hour & breakfast were fabulous. The location is perfect too! We will definitely return.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Jyl
"One of the very best inns"
Fantastic location. Close enough to wineries and eateries without being in the middle of everything else. St. Helena, Calistoga and Yountville all within easy driving distance. Hotel staff was also superb and incredibly friendly
3 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Wonderful staff always working to accomodate it's patrons!!!
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
"Wine getaway"
Host was very friendly, helpful and funny. Good food and wine selections
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Robyn
The service was absolutely incredible! No complaints other than that we couldn’t stay on vacation longer. We felt at home the entire length of our trip and at no point did we feel lacking anything! The customized suggestions that were developed based on our tastes were perfect! Every touch that makes this place comfortable was not missed. The breakfast, the Happy Hour, the overall ambiance, and the wonderful staff made this trip unforgettable!
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"Excellent stay!"
Loved it! Quiet and clean, very responsive staff. Delicious breakfast, lovely wine tasting and snacks at 4. Hotel staff so friendly and helpful. Small but lovely grounds, wonderful hot tub and pool.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Wendy J
"Great...."
Will stay longer next time..
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Adam
"Great Romantic Getaway!"
Great location, close to a lot of wineries but a very quiet and beautiful property. Will definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Labor Day weekend get-away"
We came up over Labor Day weekend to get together with college friends from all over. Had limited choices for last-minute reservations, and so glad we found this hotel! The staff was exceptionally friendly, the hotel property was beautiful, clean and relaxing. The happy hour featured knowledgeable winery staff pouring flights of wine, and had a great selection of appetizers (not the usual cheese/cracker/fruit trays). The breakfast buffet had a good mix of warm dishes and continental breakfast choices, and was still looking fresh even at the end of the morning. We had the smallest room in the inn, which was still plenty large for a weekend get-away. Fantastic unexpected feature: the free "car service" shuttle to take us to and from St Helena dinner and evening outings---no cab fees! Would love to stay again the next time we visit Napa Valley!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Dara
Great stay. Great value. Bed a bit small but that was only complaint.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Harley Cali ride"
It was a great place to stay!!! Great location and such a personable place! Breakfasts by Ryan were wonderful!! The tour and lunch with Marty was amazing!! Overall a wonderful trip! Would recommend and will be staying there again!
2 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
Paula
"An incredible facility, location,, and staff"
A moving experience and very special time with great staff. Unbelievable facility, with grounds, rooms, pool and service! Highest rating!
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Phil
"A great getaway in Napa valley"
My wife and I took this trip as a weekend getaway and it was great. I recommend using the hotel's dinner shuttle and taking advantage of it's in-house wine tour. They can custom tailor the tour to your tastes (literally) and having the service is great.
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Regan
The inn is very good and centrally located for a stay in St Helena. The best part of the inn is the staff. They are absolutely wonderful. The daily breakfast and social hour are also great. I look forward to returning in the future.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Christy
THis was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel for Napa Valley. quiet, clean and relaxing. It has a wonderful view on the deck for breakfast of the landscaping around the buildings and vineyards and the chef's spicy additives to breakfast and snacks including the bacon habanero vodka for a bloody mary's was awesome. would definitely like to return
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Great stay at cute Napa B&B! Very close to most of the wineries!! They have a shuttle that takes you to certain places! Breakfast and happy hour great bonus! Would stay there again!
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Beautiful place, great staff, nice vaca!"
Finally, a place worth the money. Yes, it was not cheap but they delivered at every turn- breakfast was awesome and a real farm to home eating experience, room was comfy and spacious, views were awesome and the staff actually cared. Plus they did lot's of nice extra touches- wine tastings on property, special drinks available, real coffee and one awesome setting. THE BEST.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
christopher
"Great Place for a Relaxing Birthday Getaway"
Everyone at the Wine Country Inn helped to make this an enjoyable and memorable birthday getaway. From the warm reception, to buffet breakfasts, to our winery tour of some great local producers - along with a great lunch prepared freshly back at the hotel. The complimentary evening restaurant shuttle is a great added touch. We hope to be back soon!
3 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Stuart
"Great Visit to Wine Country!"
Loved the facility. Happy hour and breakfast were over the top! Thanks for the upgrade to the Hot Tub room!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
kyoro
"Quiet BnB in St. Helena"
We enjoyed ourselves. Great staff - Jim, Kelly, Jenelle, Laura, Liz, Ryan, as well as the rest of the staff were great and very attentive to our needs. The offered excellent advice for touring and dining in the area. The breakfast and daily happy hours will be missed. V. Sattui was onsite the day we arrived and we ended up going to the winery for lunch the next day. Great tri-tip there. Thanks for a wonderful time!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Marcus
"25th Anniversary"
The hotel setting is beautiful, right in the vineyards. The room was nicely appointed with pleasantly scented bath products. It was nice but not outstanding.The air conditioning was hard to control and the bed was a bit high. The staff was very friendly and the afternoon wine tasting was fun. The breakfast was OK but I'm not sure why previous reviewers raved about it. It did include some vegetables from the on site garden. we used the pool which was nice. The location was very convenient to the wineries.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Wine lovers
It was an amazing experience. The hotel is charming and the staff extremely helpful. I'm looking forward to my next stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Angel
"Beautiful B n B"
We stayed one night, the service is friendly and just great, the setting beautiful, the breakfast was absolutely delicious. They have a shuttle service, smart, it was perfect, my only criticism is if you are a lite sleeper, stay in the cottages, because the people coming in later do create disturbance for the ones already in.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Very nice accommodations and staff"
Everyone we encountered was very nice! We loved Janelle. The room was comfortable, clean and eveything we hoped it would be. We used the fireplace every night in our room. The fountain on the patio added a very nice romantic feel. Next time we visit we will definitely stay there!!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
The Mitchams
"Recommended Romance Getaway"
I'm not a bed and breakfast type of person, but this place took comfort and friendliness to a new level. If you love wine and are in need of some romance, this is your place, in the heart of Napa with wineries all around you get a great stay. Excellent breakfast in the morning and cocktail hours in the evening. Staff was amazing, and rooms were secluded some with fireplaces, decks and amazing views looking over vineyards.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"A"
Excellent experience. Service and staff exemplary.
3 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"San Francisco road trip"
Mother/daughter road trip with a stop in wine country. Beautiful grounds and friendly staff.
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"RElaxing Escape"
My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. It was, by far, our favorite part of the trip. The staff is friendly from the front desk to the hotel service staff. Chef Ryan knows how to make some of the best salsa I've ever had. Luckily it is served with breakfast each day. Don't miss it! We cannot wait to visit the Inn again.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
kevin
"Anniversary Getaway"
This was a last minute booking & we were so pleased. The cost seemed high but after considering all the amenities, it was really just right. There was a driver to take us to dinner who was delightful...then she picked us up & took us back to the inn afterwards. We had a lovely balcony that looked out over the vineyards & the hills...breathtaking. And in the morning there was a delicious breakfast. What an absolutely perfect anniversary celebration!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
rodney
"Perfectly nice people, and great location, but...."
I just don't know why it was so expensive? The rooms themselves look like a kid's bedroom from 1981. Blue carpet? Faux sponge painting? I don't know... Anyway, the beds squeak like mad, so no post-wine-tasting fun. The staff was super super nice, and the breakfast in the morning was nice. Wine tastings in the afternoon are also nice. Just the rooms themselves are in dire need of an upgrade, so I really don't understand the high price.
Other trip May 19, 2015
iljs
We spent two nights while touring the Napa area- great food and great location. The view from the terrace incredible and loved the pool!
Other trip May 8, 2015
Greg and Nancy
"The worst experience."
It was a business trip. Checked in at 6:00pm, and checked out early the next morning between 6:30-7:00AM. Room was extremely small, with 2 tiny windows. I was not able to take a shower since there was no water coming out of the shower head, was told by the staff later that it was defective due to "hard mineral build up". Since I have to drive a good 2 hours for my meeting at 10:00AM, left my phone number for the owner to call. No one called, and when I called the next evening, the owner was too busy to take my call. The room I stayed looks nothing like the photos they post on their website. I travel a great deal for work, and this one was one of the worst experiences I had encountered.
Other trip May 8, 2015
J
"The worst experience I had encountered in 15 years"
I checked in the hotel at about 5:45PM, and have to check out early at 6:00AM the next morning for my meeting. This trip was a business trip. The room was extremely small, with virtually no sunlight except for 2 tiny windows. The worst part was that the shower head was congested and had zero pressure. I was told by the front desk person that the showerhead was defective due to "hard mineral" build-up". There was to tub in the room, I couln't not take a much needed shower at all. After I was dressed and handed over the key to them at check out, they offered to have me take my shower at a different room knowing full well that I was all dressed and have to leave for my meeting. I left my telephone number for the owner to call. To add insult to injury, I did not receive any call from them 24 hours later, and when I called again the next evening, they were unable to take my call. I then had my booking company contact them and they offered $100 refund with no apology nor any word of understanding.
Other trip May 6, 2015
J
"Beautiful grounds. Hospitable staff."
Great having rides to dinner. Wine events in gathering room. Great location, especially for tasting in St.Helena.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
wine lover
"Jewel off the main road."
It’s very lovely place. I stayed in the cottage #28 – very nice, very large, and very practical. The outdoors is very well maintained. Landscape is close to perfect: abundance of flowers, trees etc. in lovely settings. Will visit again. A few cons: 1. Since it’s located on the winery, there is a noise (not very loud this time of the year) associated with some kind of work. 2. The fridge in the cottage was very noisy – I turned it off 3. The (inclusive) breakfast could be more diverse. 4. Some of the facilities are in need of cosmetic repairs
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"great Bed and Breakfast"
Breakfast was delicious with home made goodies, wine tasting each afternoon with hors d' oeuvres and shuttle service each evening to local restaurants. Couldn't have been more accommodating.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Victor
It was very nice and the breakfast was good! really liked the view from the cabin.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Romantic Anniversary"
Very cozy place. Room 23 was great, awesome view and the fireplace was a nice touch. Coffee on the patio in the morning is something I won't forget. And the front office staff was incredibly friendly, and she definitely made us feel special on our anniversary. Free shuttle to all the restaurants so we could get our drank on...sweet! All around a fantastic experience!
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Aaron
"Simply the best"
Professional, fun and most accommodating staff ever, plus a fabulous breakfast (7:30-10:30) and wine tastings each afternoon. Really hated to leave this charming place.
3 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"great place to unwind"
Excellent staff, very clean room and friendly atmosphere.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
mb and ch
"I love the Wine Country Inn"
This is a great place to stay while in Napa. I've stayed here several years and it is always pleasant. The room cost for the location, breakfast, and wine tastings is one of the best deals in the area. As a long-time fan, they need to update the lobby coaches and work on the stale smell in rooms if they are closed up for long periods during the winter months. However, I still highly recommend a stay here.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
JMKTravelsalot
"Can't wait to come back!!"
It was a first time stay for my fiance and I. We absolutely fell IN LOVE with Wine Country Inn! Emma checked us in and was sweet, fun, and always went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. We met the owner, Jim, at one of their complimentary nightly wine tastings. He was also super friendly and down to earth! Tim, the general manager, was another favorite! When I told him that my fiance and I were visiting to pick a wedding venue, he went above and beyond to make our trip a memorable one. One really cool perk of staying here is that they offer a free shuttle to nearby restaurants at night between 6-11pm. After drinking wine all day, the last thing you want to worry about is driving in a dark, unknown area. The room we stayed in was adorable and clean. There is a beautiful view outside of the winery and the breakfasts are AMAZING! We had home-made waffles, sausages, and this egg/cheese quiche. Come check this place out! It is near a lot of great wineries and restaurants and you'll love the great service!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Anna
"Great Girls Getaway"
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hot tub is great! Breakfast was delicious :)
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Comfortable inn, lively location"
We were in beautiful St. helena for one night and decided to stay at the Wine Country Inn. The Inn is charming, comfortably furnished and very homey. The views from the terrace are lovely, wine and cheese in the late afternoon very welcome and breakfast was good.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Frances
Great location with very good access to local wineries and restaurants. Accommodating staff with special kudos to the chef who accommodated my dietary needs and made sure I had a very good breakfast. Very good wine tasting and appetizers.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015