All hotels in Meta, Italy
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herevia Cosenza 108, Meta, NA, 80062, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"non basta un buon architetto per un buon albergo"
forse inadeguato alla stagione invernale ma certamente con tante pecche. Iniziamo con l'assoluta mancanza di parcheggio unita alla sua collocazione in una strada molto stretta rende assolutamente impossibile posteggiare se non al porto. Venire in macchina a Meta di Sorrento certamente isola, venire in macchina in questo albergo è impossibile. Passiamo poi alla stanza, nel sito si cita la piscina attigua alla camera unita a quella interna riscaldata, in realtà la piscina attigua alla camera è esterna e ghiacciata e quella interna non è più di una vasca idromassaggio. Non si può far pagare il doppio di un cinque stelle al centro di Sorrento per una SPA inutilizzabile. Passiamo al personale: un'unica persona sta alla reception, prepara i caffè, la sera va via e si entra con la chiave come al B & B di paese. Alla reception personale non formato, alla precisa domanda come raggiungere Amalfi mi ha suggerito di tornare indietro e prendere l'autostrada in quanto la costiera sarebbe stata chiusa da mesi; ebbene strada aperta e meravigliosa. La colazione degna di un b & b (cornetti surgelati). Tanta scena e pochissima sostanza
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
sergio
IT
"Fantastisk personal, utmärkt läge & lyxigt"
Helt otrolig personal, Luigi och Amalia tog hand om oss långt över våra förväntningar. Det fanns inget mer att önska. Jättemysigt hotell med jättefina rum och otrolig utsikt. Stora sköna sängar och jättebra frukost.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Patric
SE
"Vue magique"
Notre séjour au Laqua and Spa restera un souvenir exceptionnel, nous le conseillons à tous les couples qui veulent un apparté romantique. Le personnel était au petit soin et la chambre avec la piscine/jacuzzi juste féérique !
6 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Vidal
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Laqua Charme & Boutique

"Great place! "
05/02/15 Gev_01 Ra'anana, Israel
We only stayed one night, beutiful room, staff atitued is great, facility in excellent condition, we enjoyed using the sauna and the pool, breakfest was great. Highly recomended! Close to Sorrento, parking In the beach below
"Lovely Boutique Hotel in Italy"
02/02/15 Alison H Jersey, United Kingdom
A holiday is a rarity for me, a holiday in ITALY a rare treat, as I studied there as a student and so enjoy returning there. I opted for the Sorrento coast this time and I found Laqua appealing with the small private spa area and it was in my view good value for money, perhaps because it was pretty much out of season. I booked the classic room, which has some criticism in the reviews I read. It is true it has less of a view than the other rooms, but it has a larger terrace space and just a bit more privacy too, and the room is a good size and very comfortable too. I personally loved it. I was alone, seeking me-time and I got it. Loved the young staff who spoilt me as an older singleton and helped me find the best way to get to each place I wanted to visit. I hope one day I can come back and spend more time there …. Highly recommended to all, because it is a family friendly place too with games for kids, even if it seems mostly a place for couples.
"A beautiful gem on the Mediterranian"
10/13/14 BernardMiles Halifax, Canada
This little hotel, six room in total is one of the most relaxing hotels I've ever had the privilege to call home for a week. It's charm is not only in the sleek, modern interior but the care and attention of the staff, especially Luigi. You can enjoy a drink as the sun dips into the ocean just in front of the infinity edge plunge pool. The spa is small, but perfectly cosy for two. The included breakfast is limited, but better than most included 'Continental Breakfasts' other lesser properties offer. It's location on a cliff a few hundred feet above the biggest, and perhaps only, beach in Sorento is superb. Highly recommended.
"Laqua - charming boutique hotel"
10/08/14 VictoriaH6868 Miami, Florida
Laqua is a six room boutique hotel located in a small Italian village right off the ocean. The staff was more than accommodating (especially Luigi…he is such a delightful person!). While located about 6 miles from Sorrento, there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel, which we took into Sorrento often. Super inexpensive (1.30 euros) as compared to the taxi we took the first evening (58 euros!). The train is only a 10 minute walk and the walk allowed us to feel like we were part of the culture. The train gets you everywhere (Naples one hour, Herculean 45 minutes, Pompeii 25 minutes, Sorrento 10 minutes). I traveled with my 84-year old mother and if she felt comfortable on the train and bus, anyone can! There is also a small, family owned restaurant right across from the hotel. The best pizza I have ever had, and their calamari was amazing! Great prices and truly quality food.
"Beautiful Hotel with Gorgeous Views!"
09/22/14 Melissa S New York
First, the people who run this hotel and work there are kind and helpful and a pleasure. Second, sitting on the small deck outside the room, looking out past the infinity pool to the ocean and sky and Capri Island in the distance, sipping a glass of wine or cooling off in the pool - was the perfect way to spend every evening of the first 4 days of our Amalfi Coast trip. There were plenty of nearby delicious small restaurants to eat dinner at, and we took the train to Sorrento or Pompei during the days there, while spending the evenings in Meta. I preferred that we were not in Sorrento all of the time, yet still had easy access to it and other beautiful nearby towns. I recommend this small 6 room hotel without reservation.
"Superlative view, excellent and attentive service! (But its not a spa)"
09/12/14 KMC_traveller1234 San Francisco, California
View: Fantastic. The small patio extending from the room overlooks a wide beach and aquamarine sea from just the right height. Much better than other restaurants/hotels we travelled to in the area. Design: Very modern -- reminds you of some of the trendier Ian Schrager hotels with its colorful LED room-lighting (it took some time to master the switches). There is an semi-private infinity pool with a jacuzzi, which is nice (and complete with candle to create a romantic mood). However, as mentioned in other reviews - pool is unheated Service - Extremely attentive and thoughtful. If there are any glitches to the experience, the staff at Laqua makes up for it. Amalia, Elonora, and Luigi go beyond the call of duty to help you in all tasks -- suggesting and booking restaurants, tips on shopping in Sorrento, looking up and booking transportation, even providing a great in-room dining experience. Food - The standard italian breakfast is good, but given the ownership of the hotel (celebrated Italian chef Antonino Cannavacciuolo), there is room for improvement. Spa - Not really a spa. We got a massage, which was more like a light oil-rub. The sauna took a long time to heat up. The salt-water pool was fun but lukewarm. You can add some colored led lights to a shower and call it chromotherapy but the most exciting part of it was the constantly changing shower temperature. Overall, despite some of the weaknesses, we had a great time and the views and hospitality made up for any issues.
"Charming with spectacular views"
09/06/14 frtsam2la Los Angeles
We stayed with another couple and we're charmed by this hotel. The staff is fabulous and the view from each room (except the one in the left corner) is magnificent. It is in a small beach town where there isn't much sight seeing, beyond the beach, but we used it as a jumping off point to Sorrento, Postiano , Pompeii and Capri. The room is on the small side and we had trouble with the touch sensitive light switches but got the hang of it eventually. This was our last stop on a 3 week trip so we had a lot of luggage and not a lot of room to spread out. The breakfast is, as the other reviews said, typical Italian with meats, cheeses, sweet rooks, cakes, cereal and bread. Great coffee! The view and the staff made this memorable. There is no bar in the hotel and the spa isn't much- they offer treatments and a lukewarm hot pool that we found quaint rather than good, but overall we loved the hotel and we're happy we stayed here. Tico Tico, a local restaurant that is across from the beach and below the bluff where the hilt sits is very good.
"5 stars for the hotel and staff, 3 stars for the location"
08/08/14 Travelenthusiast4
The hotel itself was very nice and modern with upscale fixtures and linens. It is quiet and the view is beautiful. The staff, especially Luigi was extremely helpful in booking excursions and had great advice on the Amalfi coast. I do disagree with some of the other posts about Meta - while it is quiet and peaceful, I did not feel like I wanted to spend any time in the area, I was mainly looking to go somewhere else. To some degree it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a relaxing retreat, this could be great. If you are looking for a home base for the Amalfi/Sorrento coasts, I would pick a different place.
"Stunning view and excellent Amalfi coast base!"
07/12/14 haynsie05 Los Angeles
This boutique hotel is actually located in Meta, about a 10 minute train ride from Sorrento. I'm a big fan of staying JUST outside of the really crowded and touristy areas and Meta is just that. A bit of a sleepy area but very easy to get to Sorrento and beyond. Easy walk to and from train (a little long with your luggage but not too bad). This was the last stop of our four leg trip and by the end we wanted a relaxing stay. Laqua is the PERFECT place for just that - settling into the hotel early after some sight seeing and relaxing on the patio to view of a stunning sunset and a glass of vino. Laqua is a unique boutique hotel with only 6 rooms. The view is absolutely unbeatable, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. The rooms definitely have a spa-like quality about them, the beds are super comfortable - I felt like I was going to melt into them! There is a pool on the patios (it has jets but is not heated) but only curtains splitting you from the rooms next to you so not super private if your neighbors are out on the patio too. The staff at Laqua was fabulous and very accommodating. You can have room service delivered to you on the patio, and breakfast also. The breakfast is incredible - I think I ate my weight in nutella filled pastries (you'll know what I'm talking about). There is also an indoor spa pool & sauna that is shared by the guests, although with only six rooms, we ended up being the only ones using it at any given time. There are not a lot of places to eat in Meta, although I definitely recommend hitting up Tico Tico, a restaurant inside a cliff, toward the Meta beach. Train ride is about 20-25 minutes to Pompeii/Vesuvius. There are also tours of the Amalfi coast that leave from the train station in Sorrento. Highly recommend!
"Beautiful and Peaceful"
07/05/14 LaDolceVita85 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We stayed at Laqua Charme & Boutique for 5 nights for part of our honeymoon in June 2014. This is a new boutique hotel, with only 6 rooms, that overlooks the sea. The hotel is located in Meta, which is about a 20 minute drive from Sorrento. Meta is a smaller town that has a nice beach area. The hotel is only about a 10 minute walk to the beach (down a series of steps--we were winded coming back up). Staying in Meta is nice if you want to feel more immersed in Italian culture, rather than staying in the more touristy Sorrento. There is a train station in Meta that is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel that will take you to Sorrento, Pompeii and Naples. You can also take cabs to wherever you want to go, but just be aware that cabs are pretty expensive (it is about 40 euro to take a cab from Meta to Sorrento, about 90 euro to take a cab from Meta to Positano, and I think about 140 euro to go to Naples). There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel that we enjoyed, especially "Tico Tico", which is a restaurant on the beach built into a cave. The hotel can arrange day trips for you, including a boat tour of Capri. We paid 80 euros per person (which is much less expensive than some of the other tours that we saw). Each room at Laqua has a terrace overlooking the sea and an infinity pool. The terrace and infinity pool are shared between each room, but there are curtains separating each room so there is some sort of privacy. The pool is not heated but is warm enough in the summer to go in. The rooms are modern, very clean and nicely decorated. The light system in each room is actually a touch screen. The shower that was in our room is inside the main room (not in the bathroom) in a tinted glass enclosure. This is great if you are staying as a couple, but obviously not very family friendly. I'm not sure if the shower in every room is like this. The rooms are a good size, not huge but not tiny like many hotels in Europe are. The king size bed is actually two smaller beds pushed together, but this is very typical for Europe and we had no problem with it. The bed was actually very comfortable! The staff is really great and we can't say enough good things about them. They were incredibly friendly and helpful, from arranging a boat tour of Capri, to giving restaurant recommendations, to making cappuccinos for us and even just asking us how our day was. There is a nice spa in the hotel that has a salt water pool and a sauna that each guest has access to. You can get a massage in the spa, in your room or even on the terrace if you wish. They offer other spa treatments, too. The breakfast selection is pretty typical for an Italian breakfast and was very good i.e. bread, cakes, charcuterie, cheeses, yogurt, cereal, etc. You can either eat breakfast in the breakfast room or in your own room. We chose to eat breakfast on our terrace most days. Also, we got the sense from different cab drivers that Laqua had a lot of positive buzz around it in the area, since it is a new hotel. Overall we loved our stay at Laqua. The terrace is very romantic, the room was comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed the location by the beach. If you like the idea of staying in a romantic hotel in a smaller beach town with easy (albeit sometimes expensive) access to the other towns of the Sorrento and Amalfi Coasts, then I would highly recommend staying here.