All hotels in Hastings, Michigan, United States of America
1099 W M43 Hwy, Hastings, MI, 49058, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

4.8
    4.9
"Clean but Noisy"
This is a very nice and clean hotel for such a small town. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. My only complaint is that our room was right off the lobby and it was VERY loud as people gathered by the elevators, or in the lobby/breakfast area, and outside the pool. There should not be guest rooms here, or they should be insulated in some way to keep out the noise. It woke myself and my kids up during the night and in the morning as people were gathering in the lobby.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Nicole
everyone was very helpful
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Good choice for Hastings area"
Newer construction. Very clean. Shower could be better. Staff very helpful.
4 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
You could use better coffee and whole grain bagels.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. The coffee is a hallmark of our Express brand, however I will be sure to pass along your thoughts regarding the taste. We do in fact offer a whole grain bagel as well as other healthier options on our breakfast buffet so I do apologize that you were not able to have the breakfast you enjoy. I will share your comments with our breakfast attendants to help improve the level of service we offer in this area. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Anne
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Just OK"
Beds are too hard.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Hastings. While we receive many positive comments on our beds and bedding, occasionally we do find that the mattress does not meet the personal expectation of a guest. I do hope we were able to make up for this by providing a warm welcome and an exceptionally clean hotel. We hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
One night stay for business. front desk employee was very nice and helpful in finding dining establishments
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Dear Jack, Thank you for the kind review. Our front desk employees are very friendly and always go above and beyond in providing a positive guest experience. We hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express Hastings.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Jack
"Good family choice!"
The hotel is clean, well run and the breakfast was excellent. Please consider better lighting in the bathroom. Very dim bulbs.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Dear Susan, It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive review. Thank you for your comments on the bathroom lighting. I will pass this information on to our maintenance technician. We hope to welcome you back and have the opportunity to earn that fifth star!
3 night family trip May 29, 2015
susan
"Home away from home"
Good breakfast selection. Friendly staff. Nice pool. Cozy room. Super comfy bed. Will be back!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
We appreciate your taking the time to write this wonderful review. Our staff works hard to provide this type of stay for all of our guests so it is very rewarding when we receive these 5 star reviews. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Hastings!
3 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Great hotel in a small town"
Fantastic staff, clean, quiet rooms, great breakfast. Perfect for what I needed.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Hastings. It is always our goal to provide every guest a clean, restful stay provided by a friendly and positive staff. I am pleased we were able to make your visit perfect and hope to have the opportunity to do so again in the very near future.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Came for a wedding that got done late"
We came in late, slept, ate breakfast and left so not much to say.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Dear Arthur, I hope we were able to make a positive impression in the short amount of time you were at the hotel. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Hastings area.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Arthur
"Visit to Great Grand Daughter 12/14"
Visited Great-Granddaughter for first time. One month old. Will be back in spring with Great Grand Pa and will stay at this hotel.
5 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Eileen
"We Got Everything We Needed Here"
Stayed overnight to attend to a family matter in town. Check-in was efficient and pleasant. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. If I have reason to stay here again (and I would), I'd ask to be on the back of the hotel. I found the outdoor lighting seeped around the window treatments. Also, the hallway door seemed about a half-inch too short for the height of the doorway, so hallway light also seeped under the door. It was easily blocked with our stuff, but adding a sweep at the bottom of the door would be a better solution. When I wanted a snack, the little market was handy; only wish it stocked microwave popcorn. Good breakfast with a simple pancake machine. More than satisfactory for our quick overnight. Probably equally suitable for a longer stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
Frederick
"Excellent establishment!"
Our stay was wonderful and the staff was very courteous. The only thing that was less than stellar was the breakfast, but it was continental breakfast. The breakfast attendant was wonderful though!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"One Night Only"
I just stayed for one night while attending a wedding. The hotel looked nice and my room was so comfortable. I especially loved the huge bed and fluffy pillows. I found the hotel staff helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"off the beaten path, but just what I needed!"
Nice and quiet town with beautiful scenery! This hotel fit my need perfectly!
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Visiting family in hometown"
I'm glad to now have the option of staying at a reliable, pleasing hotel when I and my family visit relatives in my hometown. The facility was equal to our expectations as a relatively new construction, and the location is one that works well for us. Walking across M37 to get a coffee at the Biggby's was tempting but unsafe; still, we're glad that the two are near each other. We had one problem that arose from having booked through Expedia but then having to alter the registration upon arrival. We were charged twice for one night, which I had to call the hotel later to resolve. The situation was a bit confusing, and I'm happy to report that the staff understood the issue and reversed the overcharge in a timely way. I will look forward to our next stay at the Hastings Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Joyce
"Weekend getaway!"
Nice new hotel in a small town! Hotel staff was very hospitable and helpful! Would stay here again!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Brenda
"Nice option in a cute, quaint village."
Fairly new hotel, nicely appointed and convenient to all area amenities. It is an economy choice (2-star), a bit pricey for the location $95), but a comfortable option. Ignoring some nitpicks, the only meaningful negative is soundproofing (traffic on a main road, you can hear noise from adjacent rooms). Very friendly, accommodating staff. Good simple breakfast. I would stay there again but I would choose a room away from the highway.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Pete
"Quiet peaceful sleep"
Felt like I was the only guest.... Until someone got ice several times in the night.,,,...does the machine really need to be that loud? I was first room from elevator which I could not hear but that ice machine was ridiculous! Otherwise a beautiful place to spend the night. Breakfast was typical HI fare but plenty of other restaurant choices close by.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
Quilrdil
My boyfriend and I stayed here while we enjoyed Yankee Springs Recreation Area. The staff was friendly, the room was nice, and we would gladly stay there again.
"Clean and comfy"
A perfect stay...across from coffee shop and pizzeria..clean, comfortable and quiet.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Carl
"Will return"
Stayed for business purposes and was greeted with the three C's every traveler hopes for in a hotel: clean, comfortable and courteous. Will definitely be staying again.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great!"
Great hotel and great service. No complaints.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
Not Susan
"Only hotel in Town"
Nice facility and better than average breakfast for a Holiday Inn
2 night trip May 20, 2014
"Comfortable and clean hotel conveniently located."
The hotel is clean and quite comfortable. It was nice to be able to stay in a nice hotel outside of Kalamazoo for a change. The hotel is located closer to my family's home, which reduced the amount of travel back and forth to see them.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Meet's my 4-C's"
Clean, Comfortable, Convenient and Cuiet. I know, that's not how to spell quiet...just think it's fund to do it that way. Best thing about location is San Marcos restaurant right across the street!
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Hotel & staff were wonderful but the people above us where loud all night. Hotel staff was very polite & took care of the situation.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
It was excellent for our stay.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"new hotel, very nice"
New hotel, very nice! Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. Only thing I was disappointed in was no hot tub in the pool area. Pool is a little small but nice.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
RM
"HOTEL NEAR GUN LAKE STATE PARK"
BRAND NEW HOTEL. VERY CLEAN AND NICE. STAFF VERY FRIENDLY.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Brand new hotel - very nice"
hotel was brand new and very nice... Very friendly staff and good hot breakfast. Rooms very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013

"Nice place, good value"
Fresh decorating, good service, comfortable room. Breakfast sufficient.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Dear Carol, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, Anne M. General Manager
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015

"Wedding at Hasting"
Really good time .... even if there is a bike race, the service was great ....
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 star review. We truly appreciate your staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hastings
Hello Kathleen, A 5 star review is always our goal at the Holiday Inn Express Hastings! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Logan

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express

"Perfect Night"
08/11/15 TRM1968 Pitman, NJ
Spent one night here in August. The room was clean and spacious. Since we were on a road trip, the refrigerator in the room was appreciated. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if ever in Hastings. Free breakfast included was above average - bacon AND sausage.
07/28/15 jrgenterprises Knoxville
This property is above average for HIE. The rooms are big and comfortable. The water pressure is great. The breakfast was typical HIE, but good. The only issue was the noise, Street and from the hallway. So I recommend a room on a high floor towards the back. Overall a good experience.
"Unexpected Delight"
07/28/15 Grandmawanttobe NC
If anyone is looking for a hotel in Northern Michigan I can recommend without a moment's hesitation the Holiday Inn Express in Hastings, MI. This property is two years old but looks brand new. The detail given to making this a beautiful, comfortable and affordable hotel was more than I had seen in a month of travels and hotels within the United States and Alberta and British Columbia, Canada. You will be treated by a genuinely welcoming staff. The room was spacious and decorated with the intention of making you feel as though you just walked into your own home. Everything about this hotel says COMFORT. It has a beautiful breakfast area, spacious and pleasant in all respects. The continental breakfast was more than anyone could wish for and very well done. It is off the beaten path just a bit, but well worth the few extra miles, especially if you are needing a respite from a long journey. The downtown is quaint and offers more than one choice for excellent dining. Nice park in which to stroll, sit and read a book of you like. The owners have invested more than money in making this a place to visit, they have invested their hearts and it shows!!!
"Clean with Modern Look"
07/19/15 mdklik80 South Lyon, Michigan
This is a fairly new Holiday Inn Express, and it has been kept clean and has a modern feel to it. The service was excellent and it came with a free typical breakfast. There was both a large mini fridge and a microwave in our king room. We wish we could have had the great view of the woods for more than one quick night. Our top floor room was quiet and very clean, just like the rest of the hotel. The only cons were not enough towel bars, poor bathroom sink lighting, and a very hard mattress. There was a wall on either side of the bathroom counter, where they could easily add bars for hand towels. I had to lean over the bathtub to put my makeup on with a small hand held mirror because that was lit brighter than the lights by the mirror over the sink. Although I prefer a softer mattress than my husband, we both agreed that this bed way too hard.
"Nice Clean Hotel with Friendly Staff, but with Too Much Noise"
07/16/15 Thomas B Westerville, Ohio
This is a great Hotel, but there was too much noise, both from the room above and from outside. The Hotel was very clean and had all the amenities needed. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. The Hotel is well maintained and although it is two years old, it feels like new. The check in was fast and very friendly and check out was quick, just dropping off the key cards. Parking was also very adequate.
"Wow NICE place "
06/07/15 crisco1212 Fort Wayne, Indiana
All I can say is wow what a great place to stay, from the time we walked in to the time we checked out we were made to feel welcome. The rooms were so nice and VERY CLEAN as you walk into your room it smelled clean an fresh. We stayed in room 222 and there was no noise. The cleaning staff were doing a great job they need a big 👍 up for a job well done. Beds were very comfortable and you had two types of pillows firm and soft.The breakfast buffet area was big and offered a lot of stuff to eat the cinnamon rolls were to die for. Just want to say a special thanks to the lady at the front desk we needed stomach antacids and she went the extra mile for my husband. We had seven rooms for our group and not a bad word from any of them just great reviews
"Love this place."
05/29/15 Judith W Charlottesville, Virginia, Usa
We stay here 4 - 5 times a year when we are visiting family. It is a relatively new hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds are the best - no grungy blankets or spreads. There is a nice pool area and a separate exercise room. The hot breakfast is great with a lot of choices. The staff are wonderful. The added plus is that this hotel is pet friendly. There are a lot of stores and restaurants in the area. We will be back there in the fall.
"Clean, Comfortable, Friendly Staff"
04/01/15 orangeleaves5 Columbus, Ohio
We stayed at this hotel due to its proximity to the start of a bike race and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Check in was fast with friendly staff and cookies. Our room was very clean and comfortable so I was able to get a decent night of sleep. The breakfast spread was also a little better than your average hotel's continental breakfast.
"Great hotel and staff!"
03/30/15 Robert G
I’ve stayed at the HIE in Hastings, MI twice now, the most recent this past weekend. In both cases this ranks as one of the best hotels in a small market I’ve stayed in. The hotel itself is in beautiful shape and is kept in excellent condition. Rooms are nicely done with comfortable beds and linens. But the staff is what really sets this place apart. From the ownership to the front desk to housekeeping to the ladies that put together a really great and complete buffet breakfast. There is real care taken here and pride in doing a great job and delivering a great product. Congratulations to the owners and Hilton on a great hotel. Wish all of them were just like this one.
"Lovely Hotel and Staff"
02/06/15 peaceandlove76
My daughter and I recently stayed here. The hotel is in pristine condition, our room was spacious, well decorated and very clean. Julie greeted us with a smile, some scrumptious,warm chocolate chip cookies, she gave us an excellent restaurant recommendation and some extra towels.Breakfast in the morning was a pleasant surprise;superb variety and delicious food and fresh coffee.We will be back again!