All hotels in Alajuela, Costa Rica
4 km west of SJO International AirportAlajuelaAlajuela20-4050Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Delicious food
    Poor vibe
Awesome staff. Beautiful grounds. Great breakfast. Rooms were clean but sub par. Great for one night before heading to the coast.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Vanessa
"Aeropurto Hotel a gem"
Charming place, very friendly, even had good pillows (thin, which we prefer), shuttle driver was friendly even at 3 a. m.. Would definitely stay there again
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
"Safe and good for airport"
We just stayed one night as we got in at midnight and didn't want a long drive to the house. It was OK. Decent beds, safe, good breakfast, and wifi. Nice guy working in the morning who was helpful. Wouldn't do it longer term but clean (for being old) and decent place to transition from hotel to lodging etc. Will stay there again when we leave.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
Katherine
"Convenience wins"
We stayed one night on our way out of Costa Rica. This hotel is close to the airport and provides breakfast and airport services. This is a clean hotel. A little out dated but again, for the convenience it is perfect. There is nothing wrong with the place. Everyone is nice and accommodating.
1 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
Kimberly
"Costa Rican experience-upkeep needed"
I think this was an awesome hotel in it's day, could use some update!could be a great hotel with some minor up keep! The grounds and location are perfect!
1 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
christine
"Airport Hotel"
Excellent hotel for early morning flight out of Costa Rica. Free taxi to the airport. Hotel has nice bar, restaurant and wifi.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2016
Kimberlee
"OK, but beware of false advertising"
Good hotel, however don't believe it when they say they pay for airport transportation. Unless you arrange in advance, at least 24 hours, they refuse to pay. Advertising is inaccurate. Otherwise a nice hotel, but be prepared to pay the taxi fare each way.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2016
"Fees for children"
They ad fees when ever and where ever they get a chance. They are not family friendly !
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2015
Philemon
"great place to stay"
good place to stay, beautiful enviroment
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
Hanh Kim
Nice, Clean, but ac was not blowing enough for my comfort
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2015
Margaret T.
"Too short to judge very well"
The guard had to let my taxi in because we arrived at 1am, but there was no problem. The hotel paid my driver apparently because during normal hours they have airport service. They had put me on the ground floor, which I appreciated because I had a heavy suitcase and I don´t think there´s an elevator.
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
"Good night's sleep close to the airport"
Close to the airport. Convenient with great service.
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
beata
"Tropical oasis near the airport"
We stayed the first and last night of our vacation. Close to San Jose airport, very convenient. Don't be concerned about it being close to highway and in a industrial neighborhood. An oasis of tropical plants.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Kay
"Just right."
Very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Staff was very nice... Beautiful Hotel grounds too!
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Good hotel for airport convenience"
I stayed at this hotel to be near the airport. They offered a free shuttle to the airport as well as from the airport to the hotel. The cab drivers in orange taxis will take you to the hotel for free if you hail them at the airport. The strengths of the hotel include the service, the shuttle, and the grounds/pool. Downsides are the restaurant where the food is overpriced and lackluster and the rooms that need a coat of paint.
1 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2015
jenny
"First night in Costa Rica"
I had read online that hotel Aeropuerto pays for your taxi ride to and from the airport so that was one of the reasons I initially chose this hotel. As soon as you walk out of customs you will see cab companies everywhere offering rides. I do not speak much Spanish so I just pointed to my destination and a taxi driver walked us over to a group of drivers wearing hotel Aeropuerto shirts. Easy as that. Everyone who works at the hotel is fabulous. They make you feel right at home! Just as other reviews said Hector and Marcella are amazing! We only stayed our 1st night at this hotel then took a shuttle to puerto viejo.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Jackie
Perfect if you just need a clean , nice room from airport. Good, free breakfast. Easy transport from SJO
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Great over night Hotel"
Additional Guests $15. You will be charged at check in. Room service Great Service food not bad. Shuttle to the airport Great bonus! Restaurant and food Good. Service Great
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
MarkGoPolo
"Great hotel, comfortable beds"
Excellent food and great staff. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Michaela
"Nice setup for the traveler."
This is are great deal. I love the proximity to the airport. We had a comfortable room and the hotel staff is very friendly. I will use them from now on when I fly into San Jose.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Wes
"Nice stay close to the airport"
We went to Costa Rica several times and whenever we are landing late or departing early from SJO we like to stay at Hotel Aeropuerto. It is nicely priced, staff is friendly, rooms are clean and the on premise restaurant has good food. Nice garden and pool.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Awesome"
Wonderful stay. Love the free taxi from airport and staff is friendly and helpful. Food and service is great. I highly recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Martine
"Great Transit Hotel"
Great place for a 1 day/night stopover. Had to catch a flight early in the morning from San Jose. Flew in from Quepos airport the night before and stayed here. I enjoyed the free airport shuttle. Unfortunately missed the free breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Sujee
"Wonderful place. Very green and lovely atmosphere"
If you want to stay close to the airport for a short period, this is a great place.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
amir
"Great for 1 night upon arrival/departure."
Very convenient to the airport. Great place to rest your head when arriving or departing San Jose (wouldn't say much longer). Nothing special about the location, other than proximity to airport (5 minutes), kind of industrial"ish". Free airport shuttle is convenient. No fridge in room, however, they let me use one of the drink coolers in the lobby for my leftovers. A/C works as it should. Breakfast is GREAT. Hotel staff are very nice and grounds are nice as well. NOTHING FANCY, but gets the job done. Beds are "ok". Restaurant is overpriced, but the menu looked great. We only ate the free breakfast and it was great.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
SmokinBC
"Good hotel"
Overall it was a nice experience The people are very nice and friendly
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
Marisol
"Really nice hotel"
The service was really nice Breakfast was great it's a real Buffet and the servers are very friendly I had a nice experience with Marcela in the morning and when I came back to San Jose to leave the country I decided to stay there again Gerard the nightly waiter was excellent
1 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Marisol
"Hotel Aeropuerto"
We like staying at Hotel Aeropuerto because it is more authentic and has Costa Rican atmosphere. The people are friendly and the food is great. Hector the waiter is most helpful. His suggestions helped us enjoy savory food and feed a family of 8 reasonably. This is our 4th stay at Hotel Aeropuerto.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Carmen
"Good hotel for travelers using the airport"
The most impressive thing about this hotel are the beautiful grounds surrounding. The staff was very helpful and the restaurant food excellent. The hotel needs some upgrading, it is showing its age. The hotel pays for the short cab ride to and from the airport. Use Orange cabs for the ride.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Convenient, close to airport"
We Have stayed here many times and know personally quite a few staff and the owners. This hotel is, for us, just right. The atmosphere is much like Costa Rican hotels in the days before there were so many tourists. Close to the airport with free shuttle service, excellent restaurant, clean, quiet rooms, nice garden area. Most of the staff have worked there for many years, which says a lot. The hotel is not close to downtown Alejuela and further still from San Jose. Probably not for those who want all the touristy conveniences of the big North American style hotels, but we definitely do not want that, and much prefer the family friendliness of Hotel Aeropuerto. Thank you Hector, Marcela, Gerardo, Christian, Rosa, Firdous, Luis, and others as well as owner Gema and family.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Mayanca
A/C leaked all over night stand. I stay here often and this room was in poor shape. Tub faucet wasn't working well.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2015
Faith
"This is a nice Costa Rica hotel"
This is a "typical" Costa Rican hotel. This is not a chain so it feels like you are in the right place. Very simple and clean.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Hard to find the way to the place
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Jonas
"Leaving/arriving Costa Rica"
Leave on an early flight I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip May 27, 2015
June M
"Disappointed but restautant has great food"
A/C did not work. Room has bedbugs.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Old"
People were nice, place is old
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"AVOID THIS BUG-RIDDEN HOTEL"
loaded with BEDBUGS. A/C did not work. Could not sleep due to warm room. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. EXAMPLE: Breakfast (INCLUDED)starts at 6:00 a.m. We had to leave on shuttle for airport at 6:00 a.m. At 10 minutes TO 6:00 we could see everything was ready and the buffet laid asked. Asked if we could at least get a cup of coffee and we told by the hotel staff, " NO, THE BREAKFAST STARTS AT 6:00" However the attached restaurant was excellent. Good food, good service, good atmosphere. GO TO THE RESTAURANT BUT AVOID STAYING AT THIS HOTEL.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Great for airport stopover"
Only there for about 9 hours getting in late. They told me to get an orange taxi to the hotel and they would pay the driver. even though it was late there was someone at the desk and he did pay the cab and checked me in. it worked out just as promised.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2015
Rebecca
"Would recommend"
Just stayed one night before flying out. They had a free shuttle and it was close to the airport. Clean, comfortable and convenient.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Nice place and is out side of the hustle and bustle. Nice garden and walk around the grounds. Great staff. peaceful place. The bed and bedding are very comfy and cozy. Shower pressure on turbo charge and plenty of hot water. There was an evening band, I could hear music from the room, but it did not interrupt my early bed time. The restaurant food was very good. ( breaded shrimp) and service was great.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"brief and to the point, perfect"
brief but perfect facilities for layover near airport
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Great Hotel very close to the airport"
great hotel and staff. delicious food at the restaurant and free shuttle to/from airport great extras. highly recommended
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
jason
"Quiet Secluded Next To The Airport"
I booked this hotel for its proximity to the airport, and I was pleased with the amenities. The rooms were spacious, well kept, great bathroom, on site laundry and a great restaurant LAS PLANCHAS that offered great breakfast with my stay. On site there's a garden and walking paths with a pool under the shade of trees. Very welcoming staff, quiet hotel. Highly recommend it.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Jesus
"A Nice Place To Stay"
The hotel was beautiful and the staff was friendly, if not a little slow with some things. Over all it was a wonderful experience, close to the airport and they provide shuttle service to and fro the airport.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Nicole
"Don't bother"
DO NOT stay here. I booked a room on Expedia and ensured there were two queen beds. When we finally get to the scary neighborhood where this hotel is, they tell me that they have to charge me $20 dollars extra for my sister. They said I only reserved for 1 person and that extra people are more money. I emediately got back on expedia and tried to reserve the same hotel room with 4 people instead the same night and it was actually 2 dollars cheaper. I showed them and they still wouldn't budge. So much for their excuse that more people are more money. I was so upset I called expedia. They told me the room holds 4 and they would try to help. After calling themselves, expedia couldn't do anything about it. I believe this is a crime and a horrible way to do business. But wait, It gets better. I told the front desk guy that my sister needed a shuttle at one time and I needed a shuttle at a different time. He then tells me that the room only comes with one shuttle to the airport. The other person would have to pay for a taxi. Can you believe this? As I was arguing with my guy about how I feel about the way they do business, I see his manager or co workier talking to his colleague and looking our way and snickering at each other. Hiding in his office and laughing at us! I was steaming. It wasn't the $20 dollars. It was the principle of the whole thing. As far as the hotel goes, the lobby is nothing to be desired and the room was clean'ish and just seemed grimy and outdated. The
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice hotel close to SJO"
We have been to Costa Rica several times and we always stayed at hotel Aeropuerto when arriving late in SJO and/or leaving early. It is conveniently located close to the airport (around 4 kms). Setup is nice with nice garden and swimming pool. Nice restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Peaceful,Relaxing Hotel close to the Airport"
We needed a room close to the Airport. We wanted to spend the night and get a good rest. we were picking up a rental car the next day and wanted to be close to the highway leaving town. The Hotel was very nice and the staff was wonderful. We ate dinner at the restaurant attached to the Hotel and we were very pleased with the Service and Food provided.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
dan
"Nice stay just outside of San Jose"
Room was clean, restaurant delicious, bartender very friendly and welcoming.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Danielle
"Nice place....hard to find"
The hotel was nice and very clean. The staff was super and the breakfast was good, served eggs, black beans and rice with some fruit and plantains which were really sweet and good. Had juice to drink with 2 options, both good. The location was extremely hard to find. We arrived after dark rented a car and after driving around for about an hour finally stopped at a Papa Johns. The staff there didn't speak any English but lead us directly to the hotel on a motorcycle. He went way beyond his call of duty! So YEA Papa Johns!!!! Once there it was a nice place. We did not swim, but looked at the pool facilities and they seemed fine.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015