All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"A bit noisy"
At fisrt, the hotel entrance is hard to find. Its deceiving that you think its at the back, but its actually between two big cafe/club. The entrance is so small that you can miss it. No elevator. So you will have to carry your luggage up the small stairs. Front desk is helpful though, and kind. The room itself is small. Its cramped for two people with two luggages and a hand carry. In case you get thirsty, vending machine is just around the corner from the front desk. Bathroom is shared with another room. Its small and no vent. The room itself too is warm on winter. It also has small sink to brush your teeth or wash up your face. Downside is there are two clubs beneath the hotel. It gets too noisy at night and it doesnt stop until about 4-5am. Location is very centralized. Tran stop right in front of the hotel just accross the little plaza. I would reccomend this for back packers but not for couples or family vacationers.
4 night romance trip Feb 26, 2016
Jowell
Freindly personnel central location, toillets and shower not in the room
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Great location and service"
Great customer service...Love the location
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
Leonardo
"Toker paradise; All night raver central; Family ok"
Be honest about why you're visiting Amsterdam. This place has an amazing location on Rembrandtplein - easy access to Centraal Station and hence all of Amsterdam and Netherlands via a short 7 minute tram ride on lines 4 or 9. However, for those who enjoy their herbs, the coffeehouse downstairs is often featured on postcards that tout Amsterdam's tolerance of marijuana. And for those who love all night raves, enjoy feeling music above 150 beats per minute, you can visit any of the nearby establishments within staggering distance. And the square has a renaissance as it comes to life again between 3:30 - 4:30 am. Hungry after a night of chemically-fuelled dancing? No problem. Lots of food nearby. And during daylight hours, so many cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants nearby. An Albert Heijn (a local grocery store) has everything one needs for a picnic. By tram lines 4 & 9 the entirety of Amsterdam awaits you and is less than 20 minutes away. The staff was wonderfully accommodating of all types. We were a family that needed a place to sleep for one night. This wasn't that place. Instead we found much more; a place to experience various forms of life firsthand.
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
roger
"Great location - great price"
Great stay if you're looking for a place to crash after a night of Amsterdam exploration
1 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
"Not non smoking"
NON-SMOKING room smelled like pot, and so did everywhere else in the hotel. Do not stay here if you actually want non smoking!!
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Non-smoking room smells like pot"
It smells like pot everywhere in the hotel. NON SMOKING.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"no good!"
firstly assending stairs is hardly possible. our room is so small, has even a wardrobe. i didn't like here.
2 night trip with friends Nov 16, 2014
Selim
"Affordable standard hostel"
The hotel is in a convenient location with lots of restaurants, sight-seeing, and public transit. Very standard room. Draw back was that the whole hotel smelled like smoke and the beds were uncomfortable. But you get what you pay for, very affordable.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Joy-Alonica
"Deposit for reservation?"
Pretty cool place, good location. WIfi doesn't work half the time. Breakfast is not good. Just sandwiches and OJ. When i was checking in they told me i needed to pay. I already paid through hotels.com they said that was just to guarantee me a spot in the hotel when i got there. 1 star due to this. Pay extra and go to a better hotel. Would be cheaper if they end up charging you for the booking and for the stay.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Nefi
"Great find!"
So glad I booked Rembrandt Square! I've stayed in downtown but really enjoyed the location of the hotel- next to numerous bars and restaurants, a dance club, and directly across from a park and public transportation! The free breakfast was a bonus, too. Not a hostel, but your floor shares 2restrooms- I think about 4-6 rooms. I found it available at all times of day. Walking distance from dam square, and really everything else you'd want to get to. Great find!
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014
Cynthia
"Below Average"
The hotel smelled strongly of smoke in the hallways despite being non-smoking and the rooms were not very clean, stains on the walls and on the mattress cover which were pretty gross. The shared bathrooms were very clean but they had an unpleasant musty smell. The hotel is in a great but noisy location, if you can't sleep through the sounds of a night club (which the hotel is on top of) this is not the place for you. It is especially loud if you need to open the windows for some fresh, cool air as there was not AC in the room. I slept through it fine but my companion couldn't sleep at all, the hotel does offer complimentary ear plugs though. I'd give the service a higher rating since the usual desk girl was friendly and helpful but unfortunately the morning we left there was a minor incident with the morning staff when we called a cab to get to the airport. Basically the hotel staff ended up making our cab ride cost an extra 15 euro which was expensive and highly irritating (apparently they get a cut of the taxi's fare if you wait upstairs and they have to let the cabbie in, as opposed to waiting on the street for the taxi but of course we weren't told this and found out too late to do anything about it). Overall unimpressed.
2 night trip with friends Jun 9, 2014
kristin
very noisy hotel due to location, nearby is located bar which is too loud and crowded.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Good location, poor facilities"
Same experience as others with the noise level, so I cannot say I was not forewarned. But one thing that really disappointed me was the lack of any electric plugs to charge my phone or computer. There is one plug on the ceiling, where the tv plugs into, but with any standard length charger cord, your phone will be dangling off the ceiling, if you manage to get it to stay in the plug and not pull itself out in the middle of the night. One shared bathroom and toilet and shower is not enough for a whole floor. Breakfast starting at 9am?
Other trip May 13, 2014
ace
"Across from Rembrandt Square"
I only stayed one night at this hotel. It was very functional. There was a shared bathroom that was very clean. My room was on the 4th floor and it felt like a hike. The hotel was not as noisy as I thought it would be. I needed a wake up call, but I couldn't find the phone in the room. That was a little disconcerting. The front desk staff were cordial and efficient. For the price and the length of my stay it was not bad.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"decent hotel in a great location of the city."
room were small and crowded, we had 4 single bed room which had a sink but bathroom/shower down a short hall. rooms and bath were very clean and freshly painted. staff were wonderful, and helpful. it included a continental breakfast. located in a busy but great place, lots of restaurants in the area. publix transportation nearby..but we walked everywhere.. air condition consisted of a fan in the room, but the weather was cool at the time, so was no problem.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2013
tony

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Didn't sleep till 5am because the beds were vibrating so badly because of the bass from the night club below. Did not get refund because the manager decided not to give us a refund because of our review.
3 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2016
"Very noisy hôtel , shared bathroom , uncomfortable"
Very noisy place , a night club just near the hotel , you feel the music until late in the night , we were at the 4th floor without lift , small stairs hard with luggages . Shared bathroom with toilets but clean . Very little single bed , only single bed . Breakfast included in the night club , strange ... For me more à luxuary backpakers but in that case too expensive . Friendly staff , very good wifi .
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
hugues
"Location Location Location"
Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Rooms are basic but that was not a problem for us. Walking distance to everything we needed. If noise and the smell of smoke is an issue for you request not to stay on the square side. Breakfast starts at 9am which will give you plenty of time before breakfast to explore before the rest of the city awakes.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Central location"
Horrible horrible hotel. Unless you plan to go to the club beneath the restaurant do t stay here. Your room will smell like marijuana. I feel ripped of for the price I paid
Other trip May 19, 2015
Anthony
"Central location, that's about it"
If you like the smell of weed coming up from the bar below this place is for you. If you are looking for a place to sleep a solid 8 hours this isn't it. Hotel staff was nice bit you could tell this place was catered to the folks who wanted to go down to the "coffee shop" below. For the price I paid I was very disappointed.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Anthony
"Hotel was in a great location but basic"
Hotel was in a great location and close to many bars and restaurants. Room was basic but comfy although the shared facilities could have been cleaner.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Devin
"Honest opinion"
Common, if you book this hotel you knew what you were looking for. So, the rooms are small, it is relatively expensive and has a limited amount of services. BUT, is at the hands-down best location in Amsterdam for partying. therefore, if you are looking for a place to crash, this is it. If you are looking for pampering and glitter, go somewhere else.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Gerson
"Overall good but beware of smoke and noise in room"
Good location, friendly staff, good breakfast selection. However, cigarette smoke came in through the building's ventilation from the club downstairs - it's gross. Also the the club stayed opened past 3am, therefore the music could be heard inside the hotel during that time.
"Clean room great location"
Nice big clean room. Staff was extremely friendley and helpful. Just beware of the fact it is above a nightclub with bass thumping music till 3am
3 night trip Nov 4, 2014
Ariel
"Just by the rembrandt statue"
Good price for a great location, would stay again. Of course it is a little noisy and the stairs are steep because it is an old building in rembrandt square. Such a great area to stay, staff friendly room more than enough for a few days
1 night trip Oct 26, 2014
"Nice hotel- bit noisy!"
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The staff were all very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was also a good bonus and it was there until 11.30 so could still have a lie in. The only thing that i didnt like was at night time it was hard to sleep as you are situated right next to 2 nightclubs.
4 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"Great budget hotel!"
Lovely cheap hotel. Perfect for short stays. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent free WiFi. Breakfast was also very good. Neighborhood is lively with plenty of restaurants, pubs and coffee shops. Pubs stay open till the wee small hours so be prepared for noise in the street outside. Not an intimidating nightlife atmosphere though by any stretch.
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Fiona
"Too noisy to sleep at night"
Pubs n bars just below. Can't sleep well. Shared toilet.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
SG
"Small, budget hotel. Good location."
Value for money was quite poor but accommation in Amsterdam is very expensive. The hotel was tiny. Our room was tiny. You only sleep in there though it doesn't matter too much. Clean place and friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Rosie
Good
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
The
"Excellent hotel in ideal location"
This was an excellent hotel. The location was fantastic right in the middle of Rembrandt Square and was clean, comfortable and for the price perfect for a long weekend with mates!!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Miles
"Great Location, Great Service"
I enjoyed my stay in The Rembrandt Square Hotel, the service was great, the staff were friendly and really helpful, although we didn't try the included breakfast, it still looked nice. At night it can be noisy but what would you expect if you're staying in a town centre?! I found that the noise didn't bother me at all. The shared bathrooms are practically always clean unless someones just had a shower and left water on the floor, although the bathrooms could do with better lighting , they were clean and I never had to wait to use one.Overall really happy with my stay in this beautifully designed hotel :) Would definitely recommend if you're on holiday with friends or traveling solo :)
7 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2014
Shannon
"Great location, too many bugs"
Great quick stay, although too many stairs with lots of luggage. Many mosquito bugs because the windows were open due to no a/c.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
N
"Will stay here again."
Loved this place so much. People at reception were amazing. We arrived early and couldn't check in till 12 but they still let us shower and kept our suitcases for us so we could go out. Fantastic location. Met so many cool people. It was like a step up from a hostel. But amazing non the less :)
4 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
Anna
"Central Location"
Decent place. I'm not a fan of shared bathrooms but it wasn't shared with too many people. Windows were open the whole time because there is NO A/C anf we were all covered in bites so bad. Still have them and they're itching like crazy!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
N
"Central location worth the money"
Good location, lovely staff, comfy beds - good for the money. Lots of stairs was the only downside for me. Breakfast was only two doors away. I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Maz
All in all you get what you pay for. I think I got a bit better.I would stay again.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
PHaas
"Great hotel !! Great stay"
Great stay at this hotel. We booked a room for 4 but was upgraded to 2 doubles. Room was clean and staff were lovely and very helpful. Great place to be and not far from the centre!! Will definitely stay again. :)
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Great location opposite a major tram stop"
We were pleasantly surprised. This is the first time I've had a hotel with shared bathrooms. In reality this was fine. 2 fully fitted shower/ toilet rooms per 5 rooms. There are also sinks in every room. There is tea and coffee making facilities which is often unusual in this region so a lovely pleasant touch. The staff could not do enough for you. They were happy to print off online checking etc at no extra charge. The only niggle I have is that it said complementary breakfast. In actual fact that only applies for the first night. After then it's 2.50€ each per day. It was clean although the cushions looked as though they needed a. wash! Bedding/room etc immaculate. The rooms are small (narrow rooms are normal in Amsterdam) but very comfortable. There was noise (again expected situated next to a club and on a main square) it was also hot, a fan was provided but the window had to be propped open with a flower pot.! I would certainly stay here again. (Amazing Italian restaurant just round the corner opposite the Greek)
Other trip May 31, 2014
sue
Overall the hotel was what we expected, however one thing that was not clear in the booking was the fact that because we had reserved the booking in England but paid when we got to Amsterdam, I was charged by my bank for using my card abroad. Had I known this I would not have mADE THE BOOKING
3 night trip May 18, 2014
"Best location in Amsterdam"
Great hotel, great staff, great location. Not suitable for holiday with kids or a couples break but the best location for a group holiday, stag or hen party.
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
Big Wigsy
"Amasing"
Staff were helpful n lovely. Made the stay amasing!
2 night trip May 4, 2014
Molly
"Great location, service needs work"
As other reviews have stated, this is in a great location (although it's noisy at night!). Although we were expecting the noise, and the stairs, we were not expecting the terrible service. When we arrived our window would not close and the television was not working. We informed the staff immediately and they assured us the problem would be taken care of the next day, but it was not dealt with in the four days we stayed. The room itself was clean, but the bathrooms were disgusting (constantly smelled) and were often taken.
4 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2013
"Awesome place, convenient location, pretty noisy"
Really nice place with good rooms, however it's right on top of a dance club, from 10pm-2am there was loud music.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2013
"good location but loud"
the hotel was clean and nice. the location was good you never had to walk more than 15 mins to get anywhere, staff were really nice and helpful. I do agree with some other reviews that it was noisy both nights I stayed I woke between 12-2ish due to the loud music played in the club next door but personally that sort of thing doesn't bother me, for the price I paid I knew not to expect anything fantastic but overall I was happy
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2013
marie
"Brilliant for the price"
Bang central, great staff, decent continental breakfast. Shared bathroom not to everyone's taste but they were clean and the shower was excellent. Unbeatable for the price.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
Stan
"Great for the price"
This was a good hotel for the price. Shared bathrooms make it possibly unsuitable for a couple but, as there were 7 of us, they put us all on the same floor so we only shared with each other. The staff were really helpful, too, and made us an early breakfast on our day of departure.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
Stan
"If its a night sleep your after dont use"
The he Hotel staff 5 out of 5 the location of the hotel 5 out of 5 the good nights sleep 0 out of 5 as there is the prime night club next door and played music till 5 am so you can not sleep,the breakfast in the morning 5 out 0f 5 that's if you can keep your eyes open put a damper on our weekend away.
2 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2013
SLF
Very central, 10 minutes away from the center. Rembrant square is always full of life, plenty of shops, bars and nice restaurants. Basic hotel. Small, quiet and clean room. Confy beds. Shared bathroom. Personnel very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2013