All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Location is ok
    Service is poor
    Bad amenities
"Spacious & Awesome"
1/3rd Residence Serviced Apartments Akasaka was an amazing huge place in a nice safe neighborhood. About a 10 minute walk from the Akasaka Station. There was construction which was right outside of our window but if you are up by 8A then it's no problem. The place was awesome and spacious except that it was really dusty as if no one had been in the unit for awhile; at least it wasn't dirty. If I had to choose dust or dirt I guess i'd choose dust. The house came with slippers, towels and plenty of bottled water. Tip: If you use the dryer, there is a safety feature where you can't open the door for 30-45 minutes so be sure to use it with plenty of time to check-out ON TIME. I had issues and the # given was not working. They are pretty techie so I just used the computer downstairs to call them with their skype account & got a hold of someone right away.
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Christina
"Make Sure You Determine Your Room Number First"
I have stayed at this "hotel" before and I would stay again; however I would make certain that I knew the room number before confirming my booking. I liked room 301 which I booked three months ago, I did not care for room 401 and climbing the stairs was really annoying.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
"Convinient and Comfortable"
A little pricy for my regular taste, but since I had my dog and this hotel allows dogs, I chose it. You can check in whenever and it's about a 10-15 minute walk from nearby stations. The room itself was great.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Worst Nightmare"
PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND SAVE YOURSELF A NIGHTMARE IN TOKYO. I am an experienced traveler and use many online services to book international hotels. This was by far the worst experience i have ever had. I was with my wife. After difficult navigation through back roads, we found 1/3 residence. No one was there - there internet did not work and we were not told our room number. We did have a code to unlock the door and had to try every one (btw, the lobby does not exist - it is a 4x4 stairwell base). We finally found the room - a fifth story walk-up through winding stairs in poor condition and no lift. After dragging our bags up 5 floors, we found the room to be a disaster - totally uninhabitable. The room reeked of mold, and was filthy. There was an active construction site right outside the window and no one told us about it. The facilities were terrible and in an awful state of disrepair. I have never switching hotels before - but after a very long journey, we immediately turned around and starting looking for another place (and found one of many good choices). The "hotel" management was extremely nasty and disrespectful and refused to refund our money. We have raised this with Expeidia and believe this place should be permanently de-listed. I have written numerous reviews on Expedia and elsewhere, almost all positive and some neutral, but have never come across a place as horrific as this. If you are reading this - look carefully at the (contd)
Other trip May 25, 2015
JM
"Nice apartment in a great location."
This apartment sleeps 4. Very modern decor, location is about 1/2 mile from 2 subway lines. It was a bit dusty when we arrived, but everything was in good condition. Nice way to feel like you are living in downtown Tokyo. Not the best view, since it was on the 2nd floor, but very big compared to most hotels. Washer and dryer were outside on the patio and didn't seem to dry very well.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Very Awkward Check-In"
Overall, my stay was ok, at best. There is no front desk at this hotel, which should be stated somewhere. If it is, it is not obvious. The process of getting into the room was a real hassle. Since there is no front desk, I had to call to get the room number and entry code. The code was supposed to be in my confirmation number, but it wasn't. Also, the fact that I was an international traveler, I didn't have a working phone, so needed to depend on strangers for both the hotel location and to finally get access to the room (3 calls, 3 strangers).
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2013
Anthony

"Alternative to hotel - your own apartment, like it"
It's a bit of a walk from the metro, maybe 10-12min and there is nothing around beside a small supermarket, but Tokyo is so big that you need metro anyway! It was very clean and cosy place. We enjoyed it a lot, even did laundry! More info in English would be appreciated, but really cool idea with having apartment and not regular hotel room!
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Karolina
"Choose depending on your needs"
Expectations of this place should be carefully based on the balance of previous reviews and choose it if it really suits your needs, keeping in mind its cons. Pros - quiet location and good accessibility to subways (but expect to change lines a few times to get to places), some added amenities including microwave, stove, washer (and maybe dryer, but controls are all in Japanese; also no really kitchen bench so very limited usefulness to the stove). Cons - tricky to find (examine maps carefully before going there), stairs up which luggage needs to be hauled up, small area (but larger than a comparable hotel room), clean overall but can become messy pretty quick and servicing is not consistent (cleaners came on 4th day, then 6th day after that despite their note saying every 4 days), not much view. Overall we were satisfied as it met our needs better having a toddler and needing to do regular washing, but it was a compromise and a hotel is a lot less effort.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Nice appt in quieter area with good access to city"
Located in a quite area in Tokyo which was quite nice as it can be hectic. Easy access to other areas of the city by Tokyo Metro. We used the Akasaka Metro Station and it was about a 10 min walk from there. Quite difficult to find. We looked lost a few times and helpful Japanese people stopped to help us but weren't sure of the location. Might be useful to provide guests with walking map from nearest Metro Station. Clean, with everything we needed. We didn't cook in the apartment but there was facilities available. Great shower room/toilet. Spacious for Tokyo. We had no issues so didn't need to contact owners but got a quick reply when I emailed to say we had checked in. Good stay - would recommend.
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Carole
"Traveller from Mississauga, ON"
Very nice place and neighborhood but difficult to find.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Henry W
"Noisy and bad service"
I checked in at midnight and found my room was located next to the elevator. I have never had such thin walls next to an elevator shaft and I had to go back downstairs to request a room change as it was amazingly annoying and loud with three sets of elevators running up and down even at this late hour. It would not have been possible for me to sleep. At first they didn't want to give me a different room and so I had to make a scene so they gave in. The next room was around the corner in a little cul de sac on the opposite side of the hallway. Yet somehow the elevators could still be heard although much more faintly. It is a engineering feat to have such poor sound insulation. This is at least the third APA Hotel I've used and each one was terrible and expensive for the quality. Never again!
4 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Awesome apartment"
Awesome apartment! Loved it. Quite a walk from the station and up a number of short flights of stairs but a really cool and spacious apartment and would definitely return.
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Jenna
"Great apartment, convenient location"
Arrived in Tokyo early, staff were very helpful, let us leave our bags with them so we could explore before check in, they then drove us and our bags to our apartment and showed us around, excellent service. Apartment was great, very comfy and very clean. Someone came to clean and replace bedding/towels every four days which was fine for us. Wifi worked perfectly as did the television.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Katie
"Feedback on 1/3rd Akasaka Apartment"
Overall,during our stay in the apartment is satisfied just a small comment that we can't find the location easily. We have to ask few people from train officer, pedestrian, suggest sign and apartment number more visible and distance to nearest train station is not that easy since walking uphill. Thanks.
4 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Ramses
SG
"Well equipped Tokyo Apartment"
The apartment was well located in Akasaka and well-equipped for a short to mid term stay. Checkin was handled via an email notification of an access PIN to enter the apartment which all worked perfectly. The apartment was clean and comfortable, and able to handle the rigours of two adults and two kids for three nights.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Derek
"Apartment accommodation"
Enjoyed stay, close to main street of Akasaka but in a quiet area. Good size room for 2 of us, small kitchen but suited our needs, had all amenities you would need (cooking, toiletries, washing machine etc), I pad and screen for TV Staff came to clean and take rubbish every few days, never saw them but they did a good job. A few stairs to get to our room in 4th floor but was good exercise! In Tokyo you get used to lots of walking anyway...would definitely stay in this apartment again :)
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
J
"Good sized studio apartment, convenient location"
The apartment is a studio with a small kitchenette. Great location - 3 metro stations within 10 minutes walk. The apartment is up a small hill and there is no elevator and a very winding stair so large suitcases could be a challenge. Nice to have fresh air and a small balcony. Great to be able to make your own breakfast. Coffee machine had been used to make tea so coffee had a bad taste. Difficulty in checking in but managed ok in the end. Communication with the reception in cases of issues such as no tv and internet was hard as english is limited and they are located in another area of tokyo
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Great place, great location"
Everything close by - family mart, subway stations, temples, restaurants, definitely better than a hotel
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Great apartment for small family, 5 pax max"
Great staff with courtesy services, clean and cozy design apartment. Like the room with big projector screen and free wifi. Location is near to train station too.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
yuen
MY
"Highly recommended"
Great room in a great location. Just 10 minutes walk in either direction gets you to a choice of major train lines. Room was clean, stylish and well equipped. Staff were helpful and friendly before my trip, were on hand if I needed to contact them (I didn't) and changed the bedding and towels after 4 days (unusual for an apartment). Room had a laptop connected to a projector and large screen for TV. If I have any suggestions (and they are minor) they would be : There is a washing machine supplied in the room, but no obvious place to hang the clothes to dry (no line or hanger on the balcony). The kitchen has cutlery, cups etc, but no glasses. Other than that I have no complaints at all and would have no hesitation in recommending this apartment. ( I stayed in 1 bed (1 or 2 people) room on the 4th floor, other rooms may have different facilities). Be aware if it matters to you that the rooms are reached by stairs, not a problem for me though.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Stu_cj

"자매둘이 2박3일"
동생과 함께하는 여행이었어요. 조용한 동네에있고 부촌이라 집구경하면서 다녔어요. 아오야마잇초메역에서 다니기 가까웠어요. 단점은 건물에 엘리베이터가 없어요. 5층짜리 건물인데 저희는 5층 맨꼭대기방이었는데 마른여자둘이 좁은 통로의 계단을 캐리어들고 오르는게 정말 힘들었어요. 객실에 공기청정기와 에어컨모두 먼지에 쌓여있었고 10월초에 간 여행이라 사용할일없어서 감사할정도였어요. 원룸에 침대와 냉장고 티비, 티테이블이있고 방안에 문하나열면 옷걸고 캐리어넣거나 다림질할 수있는 작은 공간이있어요. 화장실은 욕실과 분리되어있고 깔끔했고 세탁기도 있었어요. 냉장고도 있고 취사가능한 공간이 있어요. 조리도구도 있고 깔끔! 큰창문이 많았어요. (매일 아침 환기시켰음) 직원은 없었어요 건물들어가면 계단앞 스크린에 직원과 연락이 닿을 메신저가 켜져있어요. 후불제로 결제하기라서 체크인 이주전에 결제카드등록하고 갔구요. 결제카드등록완료되면 메일로 위치와 객실번호를 보내줘요. 아주 친절하셨어요^^ 주변에 편의점많고 작은 밥집들도 있어요. 숙소에서 걸어서 롯폰기도 갈수있고 저는 시부야까지도 구경하며 걸어갔어요. 중간에 오모테산도있으니^^ - 도움되시길바라며.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
soyeon
立地や広さは申し分ない、ベッドや布団から少し匂いがしたのだけが残念
1 night trip with friends Nov 17, 2015
JP
주택가 조용한곳. 아파트형이라 가족이 머물기에 편리했어요. 청결하고 수건도 요청하면 바로 갖다주시고요. 지하철역은 10분 걸리지만 이동에 별 불편함은 없었습니다.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Kyung-Sook
"いいね!また泊まりたい広くて快適な部屋。"
エレベーターがないので、荷物がある時などはちょっとしんどいが、チェックイン手続き不要、広い部屋、洗濯機など充実した家電、お手頃な値段で総合点非常に高いと思う。
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
Ken
JP
"Very conveniently located, quiet, large studio"
The very convenient location, the self-sufficiency (washing machine, microwave, lots of space) and the size of the studio were great, as was the reaction of the hotel staff to questions. Twice-weekly cleaning is sufficient: the feeling is that of living in your own studio in the middle of the city, without the hassle of housekeeping.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"振り返って"
部屋の状態はとてもよく居心地がよかったです。 ただ、5階のお部屋だったため、エレベータもなく階段は正直きつかったです。 あと、窓を開けたくても、近隣のアパートのかたから丸見えだったのであけることもできず少したいへんでした。 もちろんいい点もたくさんあり、たとえば洗濯機があったこと。本当に助かりました! それとアイロンがあったり、キッチンがあったり。 要望としては、鏡がほしいことです。 姉妹2人でいったのですが、鏡はお風呂の中の洗面台の前にしかなく少し…どころか、結構大変でした。 ここに泊まられるかたへのアドバイスは、ホテルではないということを認識していただきたいですね。 カミソリやメイク落とし、コンディショナーはありません。 近くにコンビニがあったからたすかったけど(笑) あと、スーツケースでいかれるかた、上り坂が少しガタガタなので、コロが結構ダメになることもですね。 ただし私たちのような田舎っぺがいくにはまるで東京に住んでいるかのような感じがしてとても楽しかったですよ。
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Rayanne
"残念すぎる"
ただの古マンション。清掃悪くベッド下はゴミだらけ。海外のアパートメントホテルとは程遠く、国内でも同類の中では残念なつくり。もう使うことはないですね。
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"More amendment needed"
(+) it is located in a clean and quiet neighborhood. The 401 studio where i stayed for 3 nights is quite spacious compared to other rooms in Japan. Good for a family. (-) only shampoo and bodywash. Need amenities. A washing machine but no detergent. Cleaning is served every 4 day. Neither cleaning everyday nor breakfast. I think I would have booked other hotel. To make it worse, it was wrong info to unlock the door. There was no 'star sign(*)' on the machine to start the access code. It was annoying to open the door on arrival.
3 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Yunsu
"무인호텔"
무인호텔이라는 점을 미리 안내받지도 못했고, 호텔 간판이 너무 작아서 찾는데 시간이 조금 걸렸네요 혹시 원서드호텔로 예약하실분들은 사진참조해놨어요 참고하세요 방 층수를 정할수도없고 5층까지 있는데 엘리베이터도 없어요 참고하세요 무인호텔이다보니 전화나 메일로 문의를 해야하는데 연락도 잘되지않아요 한국어를 할수있는 직원도 없구요 지하철역에서 거리는 걸어서 15분정도 되고 오르막길이라 조금 힘든 편이네요 방크기는 꽤 넓은 편이고 가격도 조금 저렴한 편
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
nam
"出張で赤坂に2泊しました。"
大人1人2泊、お世話になりました。 2人以上で中期で泊まる方には、とてもいいと思います。
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"A short trip to TK"
아카사카의 주택가에 위치한 편안한 레지던스형 스튜디오였는데 처음 찾는 걸 제외하곤 아주 편안하고 안락하게 지내다 왔습니다~^^ 미드타운 21-21 디자인 사이트, 신국립미술관, 선토리뮤지엄, 모리미술관 모두 걸어서 다닐수 있는 거리에 있어 지하철 원데이패스도 끊어만놓고 쓰지도 못했네요~ㅎ 지하보단 지상으로 다니는게 여행의 진면목을 느낄수 있으니까요~ㅎ
1 night trip Jun 24, 2015
Gyungah
"Très bien"
Séjour en famille (3 enfants) - Très bien
5 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"너무나 좋았다"
시설도 좋고 주변환경도 너무 좋았습니다. 또 가고 싶어요.
3 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
"Will come back again !"
Very nice room, very clean and spacious Nice area , easy to go around and find taxis
4 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Guillaume
"整体不错的体验"
地理位置很好,离赤坂见附和乃木板都要小走一段大概5-10分钟,不过可以接受。周围很安静。走到赤坂酒会很热闹。房间的清洁度要靠自己来维持啦,大家要勤劳自觉:)
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
LU
CN
"방해받지 않고 편안하게 있다 갑니다"
- 3~4층짜리 맨션 건물에 일부 층이 숙박시설인 것이라서 별도의 안내데스크가 없음 - 따라서 서비스 품질에 대한 평가를 하기에 어려움이 있음 - 금액 지불이 완료되면 메일로 룸no. 와 비밀번호를 알려줌 - 301호에 묶었는데, 전반적으로 깨끗하며 작은 창고 같은 것이 있어서 물건 놓아두기 좋았음 - 숙박 기간 동안 클리닝 서비스는 없었지만, 지저분하게 사용하지 않았기 때문에 더 편했음 - 아카사카 역에서 10분, 노기자카역(오모테산도힐스 역 전 정거장) 10분, 미드타운 7분 등 이동에 불편함 없음 - 숙소 근처에서 롯폰기힐즈 가는 버스 있음 - 숙소 1분 거리에 패밀리마트 있어서 편리함 - 냉장고, tv, 헤어드라이어(사용하지 않았음), 간단한 식기류, 전기레인지, 토스트 기기, 전기포트 있음
4 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Hyejin
"시설이 너무좋아요"
디테일에 신경을 많이 썼어요 빔, 공기청정기, 우산...그냥 집에만 있고 싶네요. 답답한 일본호텔이 아니라 너무 좋아요.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
이미혜
"내집같이 너무나 편안한 숙소였어요~"
아카사카에서 짐을 들고 도보로 이동하는게 힘들긴 했지만 숙소가 너무나 편해서 다 잊었답니다^^ 다음에 또 가고 싶은 곳입니다~
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"マンションの1室がホテルでした。"
入退室に人はいません。場所がわかりづらくチェックインが、難しいです。事前に確認した方が良いと思います。調理器具はありますが、電子レンジはありません。テレビは使い方がわからずに使用しませんでした。誰にも会いたくない方にはおすすめでしょうか。
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
ホセ4591
"エントランスの雰囲気と階段、外観にがっかりでした。"
エントランスのあたりのカビ臭さが第一印象を悪くしました。申し込み時に電話を受けた方は、4人用の部屋だとのことだったが、実際は、2人用。しかも、ダブルベッド。最初に事実をしっかり伝えないと、信用できず不安になります。料金はカードで支払済なのに、25000円追加して現金を回収に来られ、驚きました。立地は悪くないし、しばらく滞在する時には快適かもしれません。TBS近くのレジデンス赤坂に以前1カ月滞在した時が良かったので、ついつい比較してしまいまし た。
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
ダイヤモンド6
"★2泊3日で利用しました★"
"快適なベッド"、"優れた立地"、"しかし困った時の対応は・・・・・・???
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
JP
"Very difficult to find the hotel"
t was really difficult to find this service apartment. Their sign is almost like invisible on the side wall. That's the number 1 compliant of all stay for us. I'd suggest them to put a bigger sign or a way to reach any staff when their customer encounter problems. Basically there was no service for this apartment because we never seen even one staff during our stay. Location is just ok, need to walk out of the neighborhood to reach a busier area, which is about 15 min at least. Other than that, room was clean, environment is fine.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
TW
"マンションみたい"
駅から少し歩いた場所にあるのですが、住宅街の中だったのでわかりにくかったです。 部屋は一人暮らしのワンルームみたいな感じで、東京での1日一人暮らしが楽しめました。 調理道具や食器も揃っていてよかったのですが、お皿に小さな虫が、、、、 気持ち悪かったので、きれいに洗ってから使いました。 ですうが、ロケーションもよく、徒歩10分以内で3駅アクセスできるので便利で良かったと思います。
Other trip Sep 18, 2013