All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here680 Garbally Rd, Victoria, BC, V8T 2K2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.2
    2.2
    2.6
Great place to stay on budgets. Clean and big rooms. Close to everything, walk to Tim Horton and shoppings, downtown is also within walking distance
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Simple, Comfortable"
Simple settings, comfortable bed and new bathroom. Cannt ask for more.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Grreat location near the Ferry"
I thought the room was sound, there was very little if any noise at night, and I would probably use this motel again. Very close to downtown Victoria, and to Highway 1 and Highway 17.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Birdieman
"Easy Access"
Quiet, reasonable accomodations for the price. ABC Country and Denny's restaurants close. Easy access to main streets.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Ron
"Very pleasant experience"
Convenient location, good room, walk to Tim Horton, very happy camper.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Better than expected"
Much better than expected, big room, comfortable bed, floor is tile like material, clean and don't smell like some carpet. Room is fresh and bed is very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Jenny
"Deal"
Really good deal
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"Just need a place to crash? This is it."
We were just looking for a really inexpensive room for a weekend trip to Canada. The rooms were clean and neat.
3 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Worst service I've ever gotten from any motel"
This place is run by a very bitter clerk/manager/owner (all one the same person)... Payment: She was to lazy to call Hotels.com so she changed my credit card upon check in. Most places pre-authorize for $25, but she charged $100. Service: We couldn't get the hair dryer to work (due to a non functioning plug, we found out later) and after I asked her, kindly, if she could help us with it, her Response was; "go to an other motel if you're not happy". Property: She must have some sort of deal with the city to house people out of rehab or some correctional facility. There were always people drinking beers and hanging out outside their rooms. This made us feel unsafe; they looked like meth addicts. Rooms: I understand that you get what you pay for but at least they can do a better job cleaning.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Find another place"
The lady at the counter was not friendly to start and room was not clean either. It had a small kitchen but not clean either. They also need update the facility. The bathroom door had a huge broken area, looked like someone punched it and was covered with plaster. I wouldn't not recommend at all.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Emily
"What an awful hotel"
We cancelled the same day. The room was not clean, the sheets didn;t look clean. The room smelled. and the area wasn;t a very good area,. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. the pictures on the internet were very deceiving. It does not look like the pictures they have advertising the hotel. It is run down and not desirable for a place to rent.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"close to town"
Room was supposed to be "renovated". It was furnished in thrift store furniture, ( tags still attached) and the renovation was shoddy. No maid service for a week, had to ask for clean towels, did not even take out the trash. Overall, just shabby.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013

"Very disappointed with the location,staff and roo"
Room was awful! No coffee pot,no kettle, no cleaning till you check out. Room very old & needs lots of work. I paid from 16-23 jan. Checked out on 18 Jan. I moved to hotel Zed from 18-20 Jan. Then had to return home as family member in accident. Very disgusted with the Metro.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"You can book, but you can't cancel!!"
i booked this thru hotels.com with free cancellation by dec 30-- but guess what-- there was no way I could cancel- thru your site- or calling the hotel, we even drove to the hotel and the office was closed. Please tell me how I could have possibly cancelled on your site- rose stepanko
5 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
rosemarie
"You pay for what you get"
Went to work in Victoria for four days and stayed at the metro inn. Building is old and looks a bit outdated from the outside. Some renos have been done inside to floors. My suite had been redone with floor tiles and had a small fridge. I wouldn't stay there again but it wasn't because it was terrible, it's just that the place had this bad odor like mold and urine mixed together. Since I booked this inn on the fly, I didn't even read the reviews and was paranoid about the bed bugs some reviewers claimed they had experienced. I didn't see any bed bugs or signs of bites on me during my stay but it's something that sits in the back of your mind at night. Floor and bathroom were clean. Take your own towels but for 225 for 4 nights I can't really complain. Will I stay there again? No. I'll spend a little more for a place that smells a little cleaner and for peace of mind. I would give it 2.5 stars.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Horrible Stay Away"
Filthy room, everyone was either grumpy or didn't speak English well and they never cleaned the rooms.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"we reserved as it was convenient."
We had reservations for 2 nights but left after 1 night. It was our problem as we reserved in a 1 star hotel due to time restrictions. Now we know what they mean by 1 star. While we are not allergic to most scents we do have a problem with urine!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Basic and affordable"
The reason rates here are much lower than other hotels is because they don't clean the room every day. Honestly, that's fine by me, I don't need someone to make my bed every day if I can save $30/day. Still, be forewarned, they don't clean up regularly, and most of the inhabitants are smokers--since the doors and windows open onto the balcony entrance, it's hard to avoid the smell. I appreciated the personal touch of the staff--I went down to ask for cups and received two nice ceramic mugs, probably from their own kitchen. Very friendly. On the other hand, we extended our hotel stay and caught them on an off day--no one around to accept payment. Eventually they tried to do so without us present to confirm the transaction, so our credit card was blocked. It's not right in the middle of downtown Victoria, but it's still close enough to walk everywhere. Within walking distance to downtown, and a block from the bus stop. Two blocks away from a fabulous organic grocery store. Three blocks from a nice playground. If you continue down Globally street, you end up at a nice boardwalk for pedestrians and bicyclists by the (inner) inner harbour. Quiet place. If you want to save money, this is the place.
3 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Good price"
Dont just go for price, Try to find a better place.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Disgusting room"
We have travelled a lot and I never would have thought that the worst room ever would be in our country.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Smelling room without aircondition"
No roomservice, no one in the office or somedbody with no clue. The room was very smelling and during the 3 days no roomservice showed up. The bathroom was not very clean and also the chairs... never go there again.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Monika
"Not one of the best I've been in!"
The main things wrong were that I had to remove a very large clump of hair from the plughole in the bath, the underside of the sink tap was broken, the bathroom itself needed a coat of paint, and the pillows on the bed seemed to be very lumpy. Also, the TV was an old model that seemed to require several tries to get it to stay switched on. There was also a hole in one side of the bathroom door where a prevíous guest had apparently kicked it. Apart from this, the room itself was reasonably clean and of a good size.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Martin
"Terrible hotel with no change of lines for a week."
No room ready on arrival (7:00 p.m.) put in another "room" which had to be "cleaned". It had holes in the walls, chemical smelling floor, well smoked it, fridge not working, stove filthy, and this was called an "upgrade" by the manager.
Response by Metro Inn
We offered kitchen unit at first, they stayed for one night, asked for another room, moved them to another room next day, they said they were very happy with the new room when we asked them. Not sure why this review.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Duncan
"Awful hotel. Would never recommend to my friends."
Room not cleaned. No clean towels. Filthy under the bed. No coffee or coffee pot.
Response by Metro Inn
We do guarantee fresh clean bedding and towels at check ins. We offer coffee pots in the room, and help yourself grounded coffee and tea bags in the office. No complains filed during the stay, so we don't know about this.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"bad customer service/ trouble with $100 deposit"
I can not recommend Metro INN at all! Even though it is a motel check in is only until 9 p.m. However, when we made our on-line booking that was not clear. As we took the late ferry from the US to VI (9:30p.m.) we arrived at the motel at midnight. A very unfriendly woman handed us several papers to sign . When I refused to sign without reading she kept pushing the paper towards my hand shouting sign it, sign it. As it was midnight, raining we were tired and the motel was paid already we did not see a choice, even though we already had a bad feeling about the $100 security deposit. The room was okay according furniture and maintenance but dirty and dusty. When we checked out next morning and asked about the security deposit, we were told, that it would be back on balance automatically. Weeks later we were still missing the $100. Calling did not work as either nobody answered or the phone was picked up and put aside. Hotel.com was helpful here but faced the same problems. Only after more then 5 weeks we received the money back, which was (according to the motel management) charged by accident. However, in case that would be true the motel would probably have tried to contact by mail/phone. As none of this happened I assume the charge was made on purpose. As a result I can say the experience at metro inn was the worst stay I ever had in almost 10 years of travelling US/Canada, including the most unfriendly staff I have ever met in any motel.
Response by Metro Inn
Our office hours are 9am to 9pm, special arrangement can be made if called the office for late arrival. We do need signature and credit card info for incidents before we check anyone in. We did make mistake in this case, tried the phone number to contact customer, not valid. If called during 9am to 9pm, we always picked up the phone, unless on another line. We always resolve any disputes in 24 hours. Do not recall any delays once we got the info.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"will not recommend"
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford better places. The room stinks, bathroom was not clean. They had a fridge and microwave which was not working. They didn't even cared to provide with a clean linen and bed sheets. When I asked for a receipt at checkout the lady was surprised as if she have got an electric shock. What a terrible stay I had. When I first entered the room, I decided to leave and move to other places despite knowing that money will not be refunded. Called a few places but they were all booked for thanksgiving!!
Response by Metro Inn
We do guarantee fresh clean linens and towels at check ins. We try our best to clean the rooms, all rooms have working microwave and fridge as far as we know, so far, so complains to the office as any of them not working.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Nice surprise"
Exceeded my expectation, room is a bit plain, but clean, very quiet at night,
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Dis appointing experience"
The owner is nasty and no manners. She's terrible,,,
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"Good Deal"
Big, clean, and quiet, all I needed for a good night sleep.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Owner was extremely rude!"
Prior to checking in I called to get directions to the motel from the ferry (as this was my first trip to Victoria). The owner was rude right from the start stating that I should get a map and that she won't give me directions. She also told me that the motel closed at 9pm and because I wouldn't be there until after 11:00pm, that she will cancel my stay and keep my money for 1 night stay (I booked for 5 days for a school trip). She hung up on me 3 different times and kept saying 'its not my problem'. The last time I talked to her she said that I would have to pay her more money for not arriving before 9pm. I ended up getting directions from a friend and when I arrived at the motel, she tried to act like she didn't speak english and she also tried to put another charge on my credit card for $100.00 even though I had paid the full amount a week before and she had my credit card number on file. She was extremely rude..I had to threaten to call the police as she was not giving me the room key or my money back. After some time, she finally gave me my key and when I went upstairs to my room the door was wide open and the lights on inside. No one was in there, but it was very weird. The room was dirty and bare (nothing like the pics online). Coffee maker didn't work, there was no coffee in the room either. Hair in the tub, build up of dirt on the baseboards, floor and walls dirty. Everything in the room was old and worn. There was un-sanded drywall putty on walls covering holes.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"This place is disgusting!"
Long story short, the staff is very rude, the room smelled like smoke, drunks and drug addicts everywhere, the door was open to our room when we checked in. This seems like the kind of place that charges by the hour and I would not be surprised rock bay is right down the road where the most of the prostitution goes on in Victoria. DO NOT STAY HERE!
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
"Needs better customer service and more clean rooms"
Some of the staff was very rude and unprofessional. The floors in the rooms were dirty and my room was very cold. If you are staying in The city and you need a really cheep place regardless of how the room is, then go there. If I could go back and reserve another more expensive hotel, I would do it.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
stef
"Yuck!"
The air quality stunk Furniture looked like I was in a junk room Bed pushed in corner with tragic bedding Curtains were disgusting Worst room in long time even compared to rooms in poor areas of Mexico My throat was hoarse in morning from whatever was in the air in that room Stay away!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Not to stay here"
Stuff was very rude 0 customer care Dirty utensils I booked this place because cheaper than other places but it's not worth saving $20
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"cheap but not recommended"
There was a bad smell... not from the room.. from the outside..and it was very annoying smell... more over there is nor carpet or tiles in the room... they need to renovate rooms..
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Cheap and clean"
Decent motel; looks like they're trying to clean it up. The room was very clean, except inside the kitchen cupboards, and we were pleasantly surprised to get a complete kitchen instead of the advertised microwave and mini fridge. You'll still need to bring your own picnic supplies until they outfit the kitchens (a couple of pots and pans, Tupperware containers and odds of cutlery were included). Totally affordable, easy to access and the place looked fully booked.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Shabby Hotel"
The Owners were quite odd. When I asked for a Taxi, they told me they didn't know how to get one. the room was quite shabby.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Bad experience"
We can not stay in that kind of motel any more. The wall, floor, door, curtains are in bad conditions. The owner keeps door open to prevent bad smell. When we closed the door. You can imagine how bad it is.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
james
"Horrible"
the manager/ owner was very rude and disrespectful. When I checked in she called me a trouble maker. The room was dirty there was rotten food in the cupboards when I told the office the manager/owner informed me that sometimes the cleaning staff forgets that drawer and laughed . I asked for it to be cleaned she stated oh the cleaning staff has gone home for the day and I don't clean. When we checked in we checked in with a 7 week old baby and the manager/owner said to me I hope she doesn't cry all night cause we don't want to hear her. Seriously she is a baby and babies cry. The whole experience there was terrible I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Please do not stay here unless you are use to backpacker motels and hostels.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
doliwa
"Disappointing, but livable."
We were just needing a cheap place to stay while we were there for a concert. The room was adequate, but the bathroom door wouldn't shut properly. There was no latch, there was no screen on the window, there was no air conditioning, no coffee grounds. We had to go to the office every night to get a cup of grounds to make coffee in the morning! There was one plastic cup in the room and the office was closed by 9:00 at night. It seemed like most of the occupants lived there and they rented out a few rooms to help pay for the expenses.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Alberta tourist
"Metro Inn - Victoria BC"
Seemed confused on the fact that I wanted to pay for my room with my debit card, but overall, wasn't a bad stay. The room itself was very large, and the kitchenette was a plus, but the lack of AC was a downer. I had no problem opening a window, but the motel wasn't far from a major highway, and the sound from the passing by busses and other vehicles could be heard easily from an open window.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
RandyAM
"Don't go there!"
We couldn't stay in Metro Inn, we just left and found another hotel
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"dingy"
You got what you paid for. Nothing more or less. Not very clean.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Very Good Value"
Convenient location, decent service, big room with comfortable bed, clean room, very good value in town.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Tony
Hotel room was way to hot!! No air conditioning. I stayed for three nights with no maid service at all. Had to keep reusing the few towels that were supplied in the room. Sink backed up and flooded the room one night.
3 night trip Jul 8, 2013
terible. sink backed up and water everywhere.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2013
kevin
"You get what you pay for"
Is an old motel, some all tear residents will give you an idea of the place. Relatively clean, beds comfortable. Service is almost non e existing. The office opens at 9 and closes very early in the evening. It's economical and location is not bad, I will not stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Super Bad"
Worst hotel. bad service (if any). low and dirty quality room.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2013
"not recommended for any travellers"
this was a poor choice of hotels. the worst by far on our trip. the gentleman on the reception was without personality and could not answer local questions. the room was no smoking but smelt like an ashtray with lots of ash in the window tracks. We spilt something on the floor and when we wiped it up noted the floor was very dirty. It was in a converiient location.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"over all its the worst hotel ever"
Dirty service is bad no house keeping
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2013