All hotels in King's Lynn, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereSt. James Street, King's Lynn, England, PE30 5DA, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
Hello, i picked this hotel because of the cheap price. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. I booked a single room but was given a three bed room on instead at no extra cost (room 4) The room was clean and warm with nice old style wallpaper and fireplace which i thought was nice. Beds fine to sleep in. Flat screen tv and coffee/tea/ kettle. Best of all old rocking chair to sit in while watching tv. Would recommend and i would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015

"ok"
Basic comfortable en suite no breakfast no food menu
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Kenneth
"Decent budget place to stay"
The rooms were very nice and clean, though the shower wasn't too brilliant. The only major issue was nobody was there when it came to checkout time, so I had to leave a key somewhere safe. The staff wree busy running the pub when I arrived, but it was a little loose regarding the rooms.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"A solid, reasonably priced option"
Booked as a budget, no frills option. Was clean, tidy and had en suite. No food but a good Indian restaurant within two minutes walk.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
YDM1
"close to shops"
some were i would never stay again and i stay in a lot of hotels guest house and even stayed in pubs before But not like this one
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
stuart
"A pub with some bedrooms"
Our double room was nice enough, and featured an additional spare single bed which was handy, and a decent T.V. There was no breakfast included at this bed and breakfast and nor was any breakfast or food available whatsoever. The ensuite bathroom was fine but the shower took ten minutes to draw hot water and was at weak pressure. Other minor points were missing drawer knobs, lack of hairdryer as advertised, and a cracked window that did not fully close. Don't rely on a quiet night as there was often loud & late music, plus a lot of banging about at night apparently caused by people struggling with stiff old doors and locks. We did enjoy our stay overall however.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
T
"Dissapointing"
We arrived at the bar of the pub where two barmaids were having a lengthy chat and ignored us for a few minutes. When they got round to serving us they were unhelpful. They had no record of the booking despite having a receipt on my phone. They said that they did have a room as if they were doing us a favour. We were led up some stairs to find the most basic of double beds that had one side shoved against the wall so only accessible from the other side. There was no information in the room and we had no idea if the free wifi we would expect was available or how to access it. They informed us there would be no-one there in the morning so we were to let ourselves out with no secure key-box to leave keys. The whole place was not locked so anyone could have walked in off the street overnight. All in all I would say it was dreadful although I suppose at £55 you get what you pay for. Breakfast at the Globe (local Wetherspoons) was a welcome relief. Pity the famous "Bob" wasn't at the White Hart, as we may have received a better greeting.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Friendly budget accommodation"
This is budget pub accommodation and the room was quite large with en-suite facilities, clean and tidy. Located close to the attractive city centre and with a large pay and display car park very close to hand. On arrival I was given a friendly welcome. I liked the place and will quite probably stay again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great location but some noise from pub"
The location is great for exploring historic Kings Lynn. The room was a generous size with an equally generous amount of tea and coffee left in the room. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights. Friday night was noisy with the music from the pub until about midnight, which is to be expected if you are staying above a pub. Saturday was an unexpectedly quiet and peaceful night as the pub was closed. The room decor and double bed were quite dated and worn out. The bed didn't have a bed head and the best mattress drooped in the middle. The shower had very low water pressure and on the Saturday evening was only luke warm. On Sunday morning there was no hot water whatsoever, although we didn't report it as there was no sign of the landlord before 11am when we checked ourselves out. Parking is changeable 24/7 in the nearest car park, but the landlord helpfully informed us it is free 5 minutes walk away on the waterfront. You might need to linger a while to find a space though.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
Bentun
"Well located, clean, basic hotel."
Well located Friendly Clean Come and go as you please Good place for actors to stay when working at Corn Exchange Wifi
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Friendly and well located"
Easy to find in the historic port region of town filled with fascinating buildings! Handy for two public car parks which you can pay for by phone or with an app if you have no change. 2 mins walk from the shopping area. Rooms are above a pub so not the quietest but they are clean and contain all facilities needed. Décor may be a bit dated for some. Landlord very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall very pleasant
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Boots
"Expensive for poor accommodation"
Room was of a good size however toilet was dirty, sheets were dirty, appears to rent rooms by the hour rather than for holidays. Would never return.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Unhappy travell
"Proper pub accomodation."
Arrived just as Uruguay scored its first goal against England! Had the pleasure of a pint whilst enjoying the hospitality of the staff and cheering supporters. An experience I will remember fondly. Shame the result was not to thier liking but good humour and friendliness all round. Noise calmed down soon after I retired. Nice uninterrupted sleep. I would take this type of accommodation any day over a sanitised Holiday Inn.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Birthday Weekend Away"
Everybody was friendly at the hotel, and was great location. Went away for my mates 18th birthday and was great. Ride below a bar, good room only problem was stunk of smoke but we survived. Would highly recommend as right near all the shops and clubs.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Alex
"Dog friendly"
Good for touring area and bird watching round and about. Suited our needs with the dog. Would have liked to get food in bar though. Clean basic, no frills.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
val
"Run Forrestt run."
Room heating did not work, hallway and room carpets dirty. TV channels had no or poor signals. Walls cracked. Extractor fan stayed on farrrrr too long after turning off bathroom light. Windows did not close properly. It was as badly decorated as could be. The peron I delt with was the only positive about the stay. If you are stuck, stay. If not run, run, run..
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
"Clean for a short stay"
Clean and comfortable room. Basic but filled the need for a stay over for the weekend. Locality to the old centre of Kings Lynn was excellent and easy access to the main shopping centre. Although not the Ritz it was great value for the price. The pub provided a warm welcome also.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Decent, clean, overnight stay, but noisy."
Good value, helpful staff and the room was clean, and OK for a basic overnight stay. The only real problem was that it's above a busy and noisy pub, with loud music, which on the Friday night that I stayed, remained open until midnight. Depending on what you want, and your own habits, that might be no problem at all, or a real problem indeed.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013

"Hôtel pas cher, bien situé"
Petite chambre double avec salle de bain, au-dessus d'un pub (musique à partir de 16h jusqu'à 23h), donnant sur une rue, assez confortable et propre, l'avantage principal est la situation et le prix (68 €/nuit), idéal pour une nuit.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
S
FR
"Sentral beliggenhet"
OK rom over en bar. Ikke personale til stede før baren åpnet om kvelden. Beliggenheten er nær sentrum og hansagatene/husene og 10 minutters gange fra jernbanen.
2 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
Tore
"dicht bij het treinstation."
matrassen veel te zacht,geen fatsoenlijke wastafel. het was s,nachts zeer gehorig. kamers zijn naar ned. begrippen gedateerd!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Other trip Dec 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The White Hart

"Dreadful"
09/28/14 bamber77 Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
It began with an unfriendly absence of welcome as two barmaids ignored us despite no other customers in site. They had no record of our booking despite us having a receipt from Expedia, they acted like they were doing us a favour letting us in, Double bed against a wall so had to clamber over each other, bad security, unlocked exterior door all night despite no staff there. No secure key-box and no-one to leave keys with in the morning. close to town centre and cheap but really not somewhere I could ever stay in again.
"My weekend at the White Hart Kings Lynn"
09/27/14 930Bernie16 London
I stayed at this pub for a weekend a couple of weeks ago. I had originally tried to book into the J D Wetherspoon's hotel but it was full. I was greeted in a friendly and nice way by the manager when I arrived and paid my bill upfront. When I asked what time was breakfast I was told this was not provided. There was no mention of this when I booked (I did not ask either). This was not a major issue for me. Anyway I returned to the pub on the Saturday evening and had a night cap. I went out the whole of the next day walking in the countryside and ate and dined in town. When I returned to the pub it was in total darkness. I now realise they close at 7pm on Sundays. Monday morning I went to find someone to hand in my key and leave. I called out, tried doors and sat still for five minutes and did not hear a sound. I concluded I was in the place completely alone. Feeling rather uneasy I let myself out and headed home!
"Great location and fine if your sleep matches pub opening times"
08/25/14 Bentun London, UK
The location is great for exploring historic Kings Lynn. The room was a generous size with an equally generous amount of tea and coffee left in the room. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights. Friday night was noisy with the music from the pub until about midnight, which is to be expected if you are staying above a pub. Saturday was an unexpectedly quiet and peaceful night as the pub was closed. The room decor and double bed were quite dated and worn out. The bed didn't have a bed head and the best mattress drooped in the middle. The shower had very low water pressure and on the Saturday evening was only like warm. On Sunday morning there was no hot water whatsoever, although we didn't report it as there was no sign of the landlord before 11am when we checked ourselves out. Parking is changeable 24/7 in the nearest car park, but the landlord helpfully informed us it is free 5 minutes walk away on the waterfront. You might need to linger a while to find a space though.
"one night in a double room"
05/30/14 85Veronique Challans, France
The room was big , comfortable and quiet, but basic. The room is above a pub. When I arrived, the reception is in the pub. The receptionist was courteous and dealt with my requests efficiently and politely, but I found the welcome minimal and impersonal.
"Enkelt overnattingssted over en bar"
09/27/14 Tore52 Slemmestad, Buskerud, Norway
Dette var et enkelt overnattingssted over en bar. Enkel standard på rommet. Ikke personal før baren åpnet på kvelden. Ok størrelse på rommet, men ikke bråk verken fra bar eller gate. Meget sentralt i forhold til byen ( 5 minutter fra sentrum) og jernbanen (10 minutters gange)