All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
239 West 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.8
    2.5
    2.1
"Last option"
Not good
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"Hotel stay"
Room Keys didn't work half the time. Limited parking, ice machines don't work, building has a wired smell,
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Wanda
Room keys doesn't work first time had to go and get new keys but still doesn't work perfectly had to tried like 5 times to work! Elevators are very annoying too had to stand there and waited for a while for it to open! Housekeepers didn't even throw away our trashes both from bathroom & living room was still full after we came back from our shopping! The lock on the door inside the room doesn't work!
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Well worth it"
Well worth the special rate provided by Hotels.com. Excellent room, great service and black-out curtains for those bright summer nights. I'll stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"For what I was charged, Highway Robbery!!!"
Sucks!
1 night trip Jun 25, 2015
DONALD
Bad. Over booked, room needed maintenance and smelled of mildew. Bathroom was dirty.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Maurizio
"sleep in your car instead"
This was a hotel that before it became The Loft, I swore I would never stay at. There was no rooms available in Anchorage so I had to tough it out. The couch was tattered, the curtains had holes in them. The gap around the door was so wide the sun streamed in. The door by my room to the parking lot didn't have a card reader and was locked so I had to drag my luggage long way around. It just sucked!! Bad neighborhood. It's old and ran down. It needs to be torn down and start over!
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
shelly
"Decent place, front desk staff lacking..."
Night desk people were incompetent and dismissive.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"comfy beds"
Hotel is older and the parking lot is hard to find a spot. But the beds are newer and comfy.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Simple surprise"
Good deal online. Great location for the downtown area and they have live blues on Wednesday night.... How could that not be awesome!
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Nathan
"Lofts Hotel Never Again Anchorage, Alaska"
We live in the Kenai Alaska area and came to Anchorage for a one day shopping trip. This was our first stay at the Lofts Hotel. Upon entering the lobby we noticed a heavy perfume like smell in the air. Our room was on the third floor. The corridor leading to our room had a number of mattresses leaning against the walls. I am not sure why they were there. The room’s sliding window did not have a screen. We could not use it to clear the air. The bathroom did not have a fan. I noticed that the smoke detector had a plastic bag wrapped around it. I called the front desk and asked if there was some reason for bag over the smoke detector. No reason he responded. I removed the bag. The room booking was non refundable. I would not recommend the Lofts Hotel.
Other trip May 24, 2015
charlie
"Fine, basic"
Front desk people were very nice. Very basic accommodations. I was billed by hotels.com and the hotel and still trying to resolve this.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
Rose
"old and dirty"
This hotel has changed hands many times and continues to decline. No toilet paper holder, no coffee, gross carpet, hallways smelled, pool not open ever, only going for it is a good downtown location but on the edge of good.
Other trip May 19, 2015
AK traveler
"Nice Stay"
It was a nice room and very quiet. I could walk to my meetings and nice restaurants. The staff was attentive and courteous.
6 night business trip May 6, 2015
Tamara
"Very nice"
It was very nice and comfortable. Also close to business areas.
3 night family trip May 4, 2015
Emily
"We would stay there again"
Good place for the cost. Helpful desk staff. Safe , well lighted parking. Right down town. Walk to malls and museum. Missed our morning coffe as the restaurant is closed Monday. Overall good.
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
frank
"Cheap but doable"
If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, this is it. Close to the mall and 5th Avenue bars. Cosmetically, this hotel could use a lot of work but the room was clean and the music bar was enjoyable
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
sara
"Older, but you can't beat the location or staff"
We wanted our grandkids to see the Iditarod dog race start on 4th St. We had a room on the 3rd floor where we could hear and see the 70+ teams come by our opened window. We also saw them lay down the snow trail on the street and on Saturday night take it back up. Neither was late at night so no problem with sleeping. It is an older hotel and there was no working poo, but with all the race activities the kids didn't miss it. We came last year and stayed at another newer hotel, but like our stay here better than last year. We plan on returning to the Lofts again.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Deborah
"Enjoyable"
My stay at the hotel was surprisingly quiet!
4 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
Jerome B.
"Gnarly spot to stay"
Loft is gnarly. Horrible odor, gross bathroom, nasty carpet, mean staff, no store nearby etc.. Stay elsewhere...
"need more updates to the rooms"
well first of all, I stayed when there was construction going on and the first night in the room was bad the smell of the room was strong with chemicals. I had to open the window to air it out, but it turned out ok. And the bed was a little used up, with a sag in it. I've stayed here before and it always the same.
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
lemuel
"Couple days off"
Hotel stay was good. Service was friendly. Right about in the middle of the shopping, restraunts area made it great.
3 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"ewwww"
the room was hrrible, something like out of a bad horrer movie.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Overpriced at $93"
Could do with a coffee kit, water system needs a taste filter. Would be a good at around $80. Don't take a room roadside on the second floor.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"The Worst Ever"
Everything about this hotel is awful. It is filthy. No clean towels. The vending and ice machines were out of order. Parking was very limited. The pool was not in service. Not secure - outside doors were left unlocked. Manager did not return calls. Key cards did not work properly. Maintenance did not come to clean up flood from broken toilet. Please choose another hotel.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Anne
"great place"
very reasonable for the price
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"An unpleasant experience .."
My husband and I first arrived to this hotel to see drug addicts loitering around the front entrance. Hotel staff was prompt in removing the problem and apologized for the inconvenience to us. The hotel staff was a little on the unusual side... No uniforms and we weren't even quite sure who was working or not. This is a non-smoking establishment however while my husband and I were walking down the dimly lit hallways with low ceilings and stained tiles, all we could smell was FRESH cigarette smoke, it was everywhere and was not pleasant. Upon arriving to our room we had two full size beds when the description stated we would get one king size bed. The linens looked clean and fresh however, when we entered the bathroom we were absolutely appalled! The toilet, sink and bath tub all had dirty yellow stains throughout, the caulking around the tub was moldy and there was no bath mat. The shower faucet was old and clearly had some lime build up because it wasn't spraying very effectively. The door keys rarely worked in the exterior doors which was such a pain because then we had to walk around until we found an entrance that would work. On our second day my husband had a meeting he had to attend at a hotel down the road. He quickly realized that we had an ironing board but no iron. He called the front desk and the attendant seemed a little put off that we requested one be sent to our room, she asked my husband if she was going to call house keeping or us... Really?... That
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
lashawnda
The rooms was o.k. but not very clean. The hallways are confusing and have a extremely low ceilings. Staff was not engaging at all.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
C.Oertel
"Sticks and dirty..."
My first impression was that the hotel does not have a good customer service. I had to wait to much to get my room. When I was walking to the room, the carpet or sometime else sticks really bad. I was waiting for something worse in the room but no, my room looked clean and did not smell. The location is awesome. I was super close to the mall, shopping, night life and the market.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Nalie
"Very close to train station"
This is definitely not a 5 star hotel (think well equipped college dorm) but very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful and within walking distance to train station. Nice restaurant across street.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Low price-LOW QUALITY"
Upgrade to the hotel has begun-new carpet & paint. Mattress is terrible - NO BOX SPRING just a plywood base on a bed frame.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Ken
"staff was un attentive"
seemed as if they were not ready for guest rooms were not set up, going through some type of remodel, an were not very informative?
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
jethro
"NEVER ! DON'T ! LAST CHOICE"
Smells, as soon as we checked into the room someone knocked at our door and asked if we were smoking. I mean just walked into the room. Strange and airy about that. Tub couldn't drain so they moved us next door, tub didn't have a stopper. Stinks and very uncomfortable, like we would pick up a disease or bed bugs.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Barb
"request the third street side if staying here"
we were located on the second floor if you stay on the 3rd street side, only it's really the ground level for fourth street. Had to listen to tuner cars racing by the window mixed in with the drunks walking by the window and yelling in the middle of the night.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
it was alright. No free breakfast though. The room we got had bathroom tab filled with water. But other than that, it was OK.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Ha seen it's better days, but upgrades underway."
Stayed 3 times as we passed through and traveled to various places in Alaska. The first of these: the room was on the ground floor, no screen on the window, no lock on the window, the security device was broken off the door, and the safe was locked open. 3 approaches to staff at front desk did not get safe unlocked, so we had to lug our valuables with us for two days. Other two times facilities were fine. Not great, but at least OK. It may have seemed better than it actually was, in view of my lowered expectations. HOWEVER, the morning coffee/bar lady was great and accommodating, and I heard great blues music from what appeared to be a band called "Blues Jam." Every Tuesday night. Catch them if you can.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Hartley
"horrible"
Worst stay ever ... mattresses were everywhere as though they had an infestation or something. Not worth the money.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Not so great"
So I thought paying a little extra for a hotel downtown would mean its a nicer hotel, I was greatly mistaken. People straight live in this hotel so you have a lot of people hanging out in the hallways/bags of trash. The room was nice but the only reason I give it such a poor rating is because of where it was located (and house keeping never came in to clean the room on our 3 day stay.) So this hotel is 2 stories, but it streches out for 2.5 blocks and what do you know, we happen to get the last room in the hotel, which according to my pace counter I have on my phone is 1/4 mile from the hotel lobby to where our room was. This wouldn't have been so bad but our keys did not work in any out of the outside doors so we had to walk this 1/4 mile multiple times a day, which was a great workout but I was here on vacation, not to workout.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Devon
"One trip wonder"
They were in the process of replacing mattresses in many of the rooms, however the front desk had no idea which rooms were available or not upon our arrival. Very dated and dark. Key card would open other random rooms, deadbolt on door broken, and safety latch would not engage.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Absolutely ridiculous"
For starters, the bathroom door had been removed from the room. Bare in mind the room was a double. The a/c unit didn't work. In fact, the inter parts to the unit had been removed so the hotel had to have been aware the unit did not work. The curtains had multiple cigarette burns in them and room smelled nasty. The night stand had spilled soda on it that had not been cleaned up for a while. And lastly, you had to practically pull the door through the frame to get the lock to work at all. This was a Must due to the fact tht the latch had been removed. Oh and I almost forgot. The hotel is located right by the shipping yard. Starting about 4am, every ship that enters the yard blows is horn which could wake the dead. So as long as you don't mind using the restroom with others watching, dirty rooms, doors that won't lock, sleeping with no a/c or heat, and waking up at 4am, i would say the lofts are perfect.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"Bad experience"
I stayed 1 just one night before continue my trip but definitely is not a hotel where stay again noto even for one night. It's under remodelation but there is no sign about it and nobody advice about it. It smells horrible, they took out the carpet, the corridor is so dark and cripy. I felt insecure in this place. The hotel needs restoration... oh yes but they must advice the guest about it and do it in a professional matter. Again not a good experience! !!!!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Jorge
"Never again"
Our first room was next to the smoking exit, so the outer door opened and closed all night, with people talking very loudly. The tub mat was disgusting, toilet was running (fixed 3 hours later), one "sealed" plastic cup had water in it. They were nice about changing rooms. Second room had 1 chair, we asked for a second one and in 3 days, never got one. One bed was not made up properly (the blanket was bunched at the end, not even on bed but under bedspread), had not been vacuumed. The hotel was replacing carpet and painting, we were not told about this at check-in. Came back to room, with wet paint signs, carpet went into the night, outside our door. We then changed hotels.
11 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Good place not fancy"
Need more staff room not cleaned
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
ken
"dirty"
I arrived in mid afternoon and had to wait for about an hour to check into a room. After checking in I went to the room and noticed that the rug in that room was dirty with grass and dirt. The bathroom floor was also very dirty! I had informed the front desk about the dirty floors but all during my stay it stayed dirty! My room was not serviced by the maid one of the days I was there and I had to call the front desk five times to request clean towels. it took over 15 hours to receive the towels.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
this was the worst hotel stay i have had in my 20 years of travelling. the manager was not available to repsond to my concerns. my biggest problem with the hotel was the cleaning of the rooms. my room was not serviced in the 5 days i was there and everytime i questioned the front desk staff they said they would send someone up and by the time someone came it was 900 pm. I have never seen a hotel clean room so late at night.
5 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Suitable for the price"
I will admit that after reading several of the review comments before I visited this hotel, I was quite skeptical. But, after checking in, I was pleasantly surprised. Good location within walking distance of several downtown businesses, restaurants, and shopping center. Good food from the hotel kitchen, good band on Tuesday evening, and overall decent atmosphere.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
HOGASM
"Worst hotel in many a stay."
Arrived early morning expecting just a few hours sleep before an early train to find someone already in our assigned room, 3rd floor room with elevator and air conditioning not working, one towel, disgusting bathroom, non-apologetic staff. Girlfriend called it the "Hotel from Hell": good description! Advice: pay the money to stay at a decent hotel!
rusty
"room was scarie bad"
no soap,carpet so dirty had to wear shoes all the time, holes in curtins yada yada
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"rm had no iron or ironing board, no hangers filthy"
very filthy, spent more time trying to get room clesned up
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Hotel in poor shape, but well located"
We used this hotel for three separate one night stays between other travels in Alaska. The hotel was under renovation and in quite poor condition when we stayed there. Carpets in the rooms were damp and smelly, new carpet was being ripped out and pounded in late at night. The windows and walls are poorly insulated, so we heard everything happening on the street outside the window and in the rooms next door.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014