All hotels in Chincoteague, Virginia, United States of America
3913 Main Street, Chincoteague, VA, 23336, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"Relaxing"
The hotel and staff were excellent. Having a outside bar next door is convenient too. Room was spotless. Short drive to the beach and nice location to just walk around the town. Try to get a room on the water side of hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great view, good location"
Ideally located just off of Main St.right on the water's edge, with easy access to shopping/restaurants and a short drive to Assateague beach. The bayside rooms have a great view of Chincoteague Bay and sunset. The room was missing toiletries on arrival but available on request. Otherwise clean and neat. Would recommend.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice family getaway"
Enjoyed a quick family getaway. Room was clean and hotel was nice. Staff was friendly and professional. Would definetly stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Elaine
"Weekend Stay"
Absolutely love this hotel! I stayed here previously last year and fell in love with the location, the overlook, the price, everything. this year was a little disappointing since i paid a lot of money to stay for a few days and when we got there, there was hair all over one of the queen size beds. (as if someone had been laying there or just not cleaned sheets). thankfully we had another bed since it was just my partner and i but, if we had anyone else with us, someone would have had to get that cleaned in order for us to sleep there. that was my only gripe with the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Justine
Beautiful town, beautiful room, polite and personable staff. We had a problem with a crib and staff went out of their way to replace the crib promptly.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Melanie
"Nice, clean hotel."
We went to the beach on our babymoon, and really enjoyed our stay. My only slight warning is that the continental breakfast left a bit to be desired, but you can't complain too much about free.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, it has been passed along to the correct department. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great hotel with beautiful view"
Excellent, new hotel near the small downtown, overlooking the sound. Very friendly staff. The breakfast is not the best.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Made sure I got the room I had been promised."
The hotel did not have the room I asked for available on arrival (pull out sofa) but arranged to get it for me. The hotel was very comfortable and clean and within a short walk of downtown.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm gald to hear that we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Southern Hospitality in Chincoteague, VA"
This was a quick beach getaway before prime season for my boyfriend and I. Aleyse was absolutely fabulous. She took care of us and made us feel so welcome....made me feel like I was in the deep south with her "Southern Hospitality!" She was able to accommodate our request for a waterfront room for our second night. We redemmed our free night during this stay and what Hotels.com does not tell you is that even if you request a waterfront room or any other accommodation it is not a guarantee. The entire staff was nothing by kind and helpful. We would go back to this hotel again for the kindness they showed us.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visti Chincoteague Island!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Michele
"Lovely room...relaxing time!"
Too cold to go to the beach but very relaxing time away!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I wish the weather had been a little warmer for you, but we hope to see you again on your next visit!
5 night romance trip May 12, 2015
dale
"Not Too Friendly"
Although 95% of the hotel was empty, they gave us the only rooms without a view.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
Relaxing
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Tony
"Nice hotel in town"
My wife and I stayed at the new Chincoteague Island Fairfield Inn & Suites in late March 2015 for three (3) nights. There were several things we liked and some we didn’t care for. Liked: The room was clean and nicely sized. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave oven. Good tight fitting window curtains. Medium size TV with HD channels. Staff seemed friendly and always helpful. It had your typical motel breakfast fare (very adequate) plenty of seats/tables. Plenty of parking spaces. Had computer desk and office chair. Things we didn’t like: The walls are paper thin. We could hear other's conversation clearly. The room entry door (room 331) incorrect hung – light streams from hallway. We hung up towels to stop the light. No bathroom heat lamp or bathroom heater. No controllable bathroom vent (runs all the time and it’s loud). No makeup (magnifying) mirror in the bathroom. No night light in the bathroom. The towel rack can not be reached from the shower. There is only two small draws for clothes storage. No room safe for storing valuables.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreicate your feed back and are currently working to find some solutions to some of the issues that you addressed. Your feed back is very important to us and we thank you for letting us know how we can improve. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
LucyB
"Very Nice Property in a Great off Season Location"
My husband and I spent one night on the way to Atlantic City. Very personable staff, great location on the Island (close to a couple of the traditional restaurants that are open in the off season). Property is in great condition with a decent free breakfast. The bed was just OK thus my "4" on the room comfort rating.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Mary-Leslie
"We loved the Fairfield Inn in Chincoteague!!!!"
We were soooo pleased with how clean and fresh the hotel was and how friendly and professional all the staff we interacted with were.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Joanne
"WANT TO REALLY GET AWAY? GET REFRESHED? RECHARGED?"
ARRIVED LATE AFTERNOON,TIRED AND HUNGRY.ASKED FOR A ROOM W/VIEW AND WAS LUCKY TO GET ONE.IT OVER LOOKED THE SALTWATER MARSH WEST OF THIS ISLAND RESORT THAT WAS FULL OF MIGRATARY BIRDS.THE FRONT DESK WAS VERY ACCOMODATING.THE HALLS,ELEVATOR AND ROOM FLOORS WERE VERY CLEAN WITHOUT ANY ODORS(SMOKING,PETS,ALCOHOL ETC.)THE BED WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND ROOM WAS QUIET.NEXT MORNING BREAKFAST WAS OUTSTANDINIG.BISCUITS AND GRAVY,SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BELGIUM WAFFLES JUST TO NAME A FEW,WHAT A TREAT.THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN CHINCOTEAGUE ONE NEEDS A WEEK TO GET TO SEE AND ENJOY THE SIGHTS.IF I WERE A PROFESSIONAL CRITIC,THE FAIRFIELD INN,CHINCOTEAGUE GETS A 10 RATING,THE SECOND 10 I HAVE EVER GIVEN OUT.I GAVE MY WIFE A 10 SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND SHE MAINTAINS THAT RATING TO THIS DAY.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
CHUCK
"Excellent Accommodations for a Lovely Trip"
The Fairfield Inn is located at the end of the Main Street strip which has multiple shops and restaurants within a very short walk. There is ample free parking and the hotel is surrounded by the bay on 3 sides which makes for a spectacular view. We were warmly greeted at the front desk that was situated in a beautifully decorated lobby. We asked about local restaurants and were provided with fliers for 7 different restaurants along with an Island travel guide. The room was not large but more than adequate for the two of us. There's a flat screen tv, pillow top king size bed, view of the left water inlet, glass wall shower with door, desk, and ample closet/drawer space. There's a digital thermostat on the wall that controls the heating/ac unit and a master switch that controls all of the major equipment in the room. With exception of the howling winds and the noisy ducks that are part of being on the bay, it was an incredible experience after a long exciting day. The fitness center downstairs even has equipment that has built-in televisions. The Breakfast in the morning was more than expected. There was pork and turkey sausage patties, eggs, muffins, bagels, Belgian waffle makers, coffee center with International Coffee creamers, cereal, apple/orange juice machine, milk, hard-boiled eggs, and more. We had a great time and recommend this hotel to everyone. The only improvement would've been a visit during pool season where you could swim with a view of the Bay!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Brandon
"Nice spot"
Great little spot. Had fun in Chincatique. Assitique was even better.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
spencer
"Beautiful hotel on a beautiful island!"
Our entire stay was perfect and the staff was exceptional! I am a former hotel manager and was completely impressed with the staff of this hotel - very highly recommended!
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"Loved this hotel"
I loved the hotel. The staff were friendly and seemed to like having guests instead of being miserable people hating life. The room was BIG and clean. Loved the layout.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"The hotel is wonderful"
The staff and customer service were excellent and the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed and most importantly very clean.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Honeymoon night!"
What a nice hotel! Friendly staff and great location! Room was very clean, comfortable beds, and view from our balcony was amazing!! We will be back. The breakfast had a nice assortment, something for everyone!
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Angela
Arrived pretty late from a long drive and was very tired. The check in process was about 45 seconds which was convenient. The room was clean with a great view. Only small issue was a little trash in trash can was left from previous guest. Other than that my experience was good.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Scenic and convenient location......"
Beautiful, contemporary waterfront property within walking distance of shopping and good restaurants
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"exceptional experience!"
My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at the Fairfield Inn and suites and loved it. Of course the breakfast was everything I hoped it would be...but the room was spotless and we even had HBO! Most of the hotel staff was very friendly but the young girl that checked us in did not smile much which brought down the mood a little. I also had requested a room with a view which we didn't get. Besides those two issues, everything was perfect! The view from the pool was gorgeous; we loved being so close to the sound. Toiletries were even nice :)
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great once we switched rooms"
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. Our first night we did not sleep well as the room was quite loud. The air conditioning was making a loud booming sound every 20 seconds. Overall, this hotel is very nice and seems practically brand new. So I was surprised to encounter an issue like that. The staff was friendly and moved us to another room for our second night, which was much quieter. The hotel was very clean and the lobby has great views of the water. The pool area is nice but the pool is really very small with no deep end. The location is great and we walked to dinner one night that we were there. Overall a very nice place to stay.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Lauren
"Just Okay"
We arrived close to 4 and had to wait for a room to be ready. The view is lovely since the hotel is built right on the bay, but it's quite a long drive to the main attractions and the beach. Chincoteague itself is difficult to get to, and there's not much in the village area where this hotel is located. Also, the room had a bay view, but there were rooms with balconies that looked right into ours so we were forced to keep the blinds shut. The breakfast was awful as well.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your room was not ready upon your arrival. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to try and get all rooms ready for our guests as quickly as they can. I apologize that you feel we are located to far away from the beach and shops and found our breakfast dissapointing. We strive to make every guests hotel experience the best, and we did not succed for you. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Super staff!"
Staff was very friendly. Best regards to Neil in the lobby and breakfast chef (don't know the name)!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Karl
"Good place to stay"
This hotel is beautiful and in a perfect location - right on the water and in the middle of town (on Main Street). Everything was clean and comfortable. Only one bad surprise. We came at 2.30 and waited untill 3 pm to be checked in.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I apologize that your room was not ready as soon as you arrived. Our housekeeping staff does their best to get rooms ready for guests who may arrive before check in time. I'm glad that you were still able to enjoy your stay and were able to relax. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Lana
"Friendly Staff"
Friendly Staff! We had a glitch between Hotels.com and Fairfield Inn reservations. The staff worked diligently with us to resolve it. Continental breakfast is the norm...and would be tiring if you spent more than a weekend there. Location was fantastic with views of Bay, and shopping and restaurants within EASY walking distance. Would def stay there again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that the staff were friendly and enjoyed our proximity to local shops and restaurants. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the island!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Over All Amazing Stay. Accidently charged twice"
Alyss was very nice & welcoming. She was eager to tell me about local attractions & events. I'm a Store Manager & her customer service was on point. My housekeeping lady I believe her name to be Shan'tell or chanell. She was extremely nice & treated us like a guest in her house l. She was so hospitable I went to ask what her name was & then forgot exactly what it was.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting u s know about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Alyese, Shantella and Chanell are all great emplyee's and I'm glad they were able to help make your stay wonderful. We look forward to seing you again the next time you visit the island!
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Jody Welld
"The BEST ever - Will Return soon"
Everything was perfect. The room was immaculate. Great water view from balcony. The beds were super comfortable. The pool area was great and clean. Breakfast buffet had everything you would want. Cristy, the desk clerk, was extremely helpful, courteous - always smiling and so pleasant to deal with. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Ask for Cristy!!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I'm glad to hear that you loved everything and that Cristy was so helpful. We look forward to you returning!
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
MaryB
"Excellent stay, highly recommend!!"
We had a great stay at the Fairfield - hotel is new and well-appointed, in a great location on Main Street, easy walking distance from shops and restaurants with a nice view of the bay. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was just as described, with good amenities - microwave, refrigerator - and very clean and comfortable. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice, with a good view, and there was lovely outdoor seating, as well. Good breakfast with hot and cold options. Overall, we had a really nice stay and I would definitely recommend the Fairfield.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recetn stay at our property! I am so happy that you had an excellent stay and were able to relax and enjoy everything our hotel and Chincoteague have to offer during your time with us. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast and the options we offer. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Will choose again!"
It's a very new hotel. Room is very clean.Location is convenient. Super recommend!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you found the rooms clean and were able to enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Tasha Tang
We truly enjoyed out time in Chincoteague. The staff at the hotel, particularly Connie, were wonderful about getting us a great room. When we asked for dining suggestions, not only were we given excellent options, but she volunteered to get us reservations which allowed us to sit on our balcony and relax while dinner was taken care of.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am very happy to hear that Connie was able to assist you in making dinner reservations so you could relax and enjoy the views from the balcony! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!
Other trip May 12, 2014
Very clean and friendly staff. Just wish there was a bath tub in the room
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly. Many of our rooms do offer bath tubs, so when booking your next reservation if you will make that request, we will certianly do our best to accommodate you! Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
"One night escape!!"
Great hotel & staff!!! Beautiful views!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your one night escape to Chincoteague. Everything we do is aimed at making your hotel experience a great one. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need an escape!
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Tony
"Great Location on Main Street"
Everything about this hotel was first class, from the rooms, to the breakfast, to the staff, to the location. The new restaurant they're building right next door with a water view will be a great addition, can't wait until it opens.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for lettinig us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that everything about your stay was great! Everything we do is aimed at making your stay wonderful! We are also execited about the nexw restaurant and look forward to seeing you on your next visit so you can enjoy both the hotel and restaurant!
3 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Very new hotel"
The rooms were very nice and the breakfast was very good.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found breakfast enjoyable and that your room was satisfactory! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chincoteague!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"A great place to stay"
We enjoyed our visit very much. Breakfast was great. Our only disappointment was that our room was quite small. We had a king bed but there was no room for a comfortable chair or table besides the desk chair. I'm sure other rooms were larger. We would have asked to change rooms but they were full.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us back in April. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was great. Hopefully on your next stay we will be able to get you into a larger room that has more seating options for you and your family! Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chincoteague!
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"a beautiful place to stay"
We enjoyed our stay. We found our room to be beautiful. The breakfast was excellent, and the staff went out of their was to make our stay great.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found breakfast satisfactory and the room was comfortable. I am also happy to hear that the staff went our of their way to make sure your stay was great. We look forward to seeing you agian the next time you visit the area!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
harvey macNeill
"Quiet"
This hotel is on a quiet lil island in Virginia. It is a great spot for detaching from work. Most attractions are completely closed during the off season.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for lettinig us know about your stay with us back in March. I am happy to hear tha you were able to detach from work and enjoy your time on the island. We are working to get more of the local atrractions to open earlier in the season and stay open longer in the off seasons for guests that travel early. We hope that we will see you again the next time you visit .
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
A very enjoyable hotel atmosphere with clean, fresh room and crisp linens. The shower was delightful. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of choices for different tastes, everything was fresh. The proximity to downtown was great. We could walk to dinner, church and shopping. I would hightly recommend this hotel. The service was mostly excellent with a few exceptions.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you like ths shower in the rooms and that the breakfast was satisfactory. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Nice and clean"
Very clean and staff very nice and willing to answer all questions. Room was clean and would stay again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay . I am happy to hear that you found everything clean and the staff was able to assist with all your questions. We look forward to seeing you again on your n ext visit to Chincoteage Island.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Thanksgiving holiday in Chincoteague!"
This was the first time we spent Thanksgiving holiday away from home. The hotel offered great off-season rates and everyone there was extremely kind and helpful. We used the fitness room, which was a little small, but the equipment was great. The breakfast was great both mornings and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Would definitely return!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our fitness equipment and that the staff was helpful during your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Sandy
"Weekend visit"
Great time of year to visit area . No crowds, very reasonable prices. Hotel is new and staff very professional. Will stay again for both business and pleasure.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be accommodaing and professional. We look forward to your next visit and serving you again.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Ed Hardison
"Great stay, highly recommended"
Clean, contemporary style. Friendly staff, quiet rooms.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel clean and enjoyed the new decor. I am also glad to hear that the staff were friendly and you found our rooms quiet. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chincoteague.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
My husband and I had a great time. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Will come back again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful time and that the staff were accommodating to your needs. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Chincoteague.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
THA
We thought we had reserved a standard suite but when we got there they said NO just a standard room with 2 queen beds. We also thought we had a bay view, but NO they have bay fronts and then rooms with partial views of the bay. Finally, the hotel was almost empty had plenty of 'bay front' rooms but in order to upgrade they wanted me to cancel the hotels.com booking and rebook at the front desk. Despite being an elite member they would not find a way to upgrade us to one of the many empty rooms. Nice new hotel, could have had a great sunset view, but management made sure we wont be staying there again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the problems that you had while staying with us. I understand your frustration with the problems you had with youre reservation and wishing to be in a bay front room. We are restricted in making changes to resevations booked through parties such as hotels.com, however, the staff should have been more helpful in assisting your needs and wants at the time. I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Chincoteague.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013