All hotels in Chincoteague, Virginia, United States of America
3913 Main Street, Chincoteague, VA, 23336, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

4.8
    4.8
"Beautiful Hotel"
This place was excellent.
2 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Just passing through"
Just stayed the one night. This place is pretty new so everything looked fresh and clean. Breakfast was a bit short on protein (I'm a confirmed meat eater) but there were plenty of fruits, breads and yogurt to go along with scrambled eggs and biscuits.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Awesome customer service"
Elise and RJ at the front desk were wonderful, so friendly and helpful. They made us feel at home and were happy to see us. They overbooked suites but gave us two adjoining rooms. Breakfast was average but still worth it.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Gets a thumbs up from me!"
This was a lovely hotel in a great spot. Good breakfast. Nice rooms. Very quiet. I will stay more often in Fairfield Inn and suites if this is the norm.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
kristin
"Great family stay"
Very spacious 2 Queen with sleeper sofa suite overlooking the water. It's within walking distance of downtown and close to Maddox where most restaurants and rentals are. Breakfast is ok, not great but included. Largest room with a great view and 2 chair balcony. The kids loved it.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Edward
"Awesome views!"
Great location.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Cilda
Staff were exceptional, and gave great recommendations. The room was clean and generally very nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that the staff were able to assist you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Drew
"Great hotel, friendly people, clean"
Very nice hotel, however someone did have a non-service dog inside of the hotel and was not told about it. Hotel is pet-free, should be kept this way. the town is very nice and highly recommended for a relaxing time in a older quaint town. Would definitely go again!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Chincoteague"
Room too small. Continental breakfast average
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Donald
"Great lovation"
Awesome hotel , close to everything!
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Kriste
"Great breakfast crew!"
The breakfast crew were fantastic! Even though breakfast is scheduled from 6-10 a.m., no one hurries you along. Very unusual we have found. At most hotels that include breakfast with the room, if breakfast is slated to be over at 10 a.m., the staff stop replenishing the stock by 9:30 or so in an obvious attempt to clear the breakfast room by 10. Also, on the day of the pony swim, when many of us rose quite early (definitely before breakfast time) to go to see the ponies make their annual trek, the staff left the breakfast items available (and brought out new items!) to accommodate the guests returning from the event (about 9:30 or so). Very thoughtful gesture! Knowing that we would leave for the pony swim at 4:30 a.m. and would miss breakfast, we asked the front desk clerk the night before if he could locate any bananas that might have been left over from that day's breakfast, he went to the kitchen and looked around but could only locate apples and oranges. Again, a hospitable gesture! The housekeeping staff was a bit remiss, however. Although we stayed four nights, our room was only serviced once. Granted, we put the Do Not Disturb sign out and did not remove it until 11, but that should have provided enough time for the staff to service the room. This is the first time we have not left a tip for housekeeping, but we felt justified since we had made our own bed three of the four nights we were there.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us for the annual Pony Swim. I am happy to hear that the breakfast staff was able to accommodate you and the other guests as the swim was during breakfast hours. Thank you for letting us know about housekeeping. We will certainly look into the issue. I understand your frustration at not receiving service the majority of your stay. We strive to give our guests the best hotel experience possible, and we fell short in housekeeping. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
4 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Eldon
"Great Spot for Families"
One of the two top properties for families on Chincoteague's Main St. My only complaints are the swimming pool is a little small, and they need rockers on the room balconies :). Overall, a great place for families.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration as we look at ways we can improve our guests experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Rowland
hotel is great but you can hear everyone out in the hall way. There was a smell in the room. Sink and shower head felt like it was going to break wasn't done correctly.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problems that you had. We will begin adding some soundproofing to our rooms this fall, so that should help with the traffic noise you heard. We will also have maintenance look at the sink and shower in your room. Thank you for letting us know about these problems. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Dennis
"In Transit, Overnight Stay"
We arrived early evening and experienced fast check in. The front desk people were very friendly during check in and check out. I was able to eat at the hotel and relax by the pool which overlooks the bay. The room was very comfortable and clean. One can not expect much more.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Jeffrey W
Nice place, my 14 year old daughter in particular really thought it was nice. Balcony over waterfront was nice touch, but the sticky, tricky door to the balcony was a bother. Not the hotel's fault, but the alarm going off 3 to 4 times at the bar next door in the middle of the night was painful.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of the balcony door. As well as the alarm from the restaurant next door. I know that can be unsettling when it goes off in the middle of the night. I know they are trying to figure out the cause so it does not happen again. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Relaxing"
The hotel and staff were excellent. Having a outside bar next door is convenient too. Room was spotless. Short drive to the beach and nice location to just walk around the town. Try to get a room on the water side of hotel.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great view, good location"
Ideally located just off of Main St.right on the water's edge, with easy access to shopping/restaurants and a short drive to Assateague beach. The bayside rooms have a great view of Chincoteague Bay and sunset. The room was missing toiletries on arrival but available on request. Otherwise clean and neat. Would recommend.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I apologize for the missing items from your room. This has been passed along to the housekeeping department. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the island.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice family getaway"
Enjoyed a quick family getaway. Room was clean and hotel was nice. Staff was friendly and professional. Would definetly stay here again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Elaine
"Weekend Stay"
Absolutely love this hotel! I stayed here previously last year and fell in love with the location, the overlook, the price, everything. this year was a little disappointing since i paid a lot of money to stay for a few days and when we got there, there was hair all over one of the queen size beds. (as if someone had been laying there or just not cleaned sheets). thankfully we had another bed since it was just my partner and i but, if we had anyone else with us, someone would have had to get that cleaned in order for us to sleep there. that was my only gripe with the hotel.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize for the hair on your bed. We will certainly look into that and let the housekeeping department know. I can certainly understand being uncomfortable. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Justine
Beautiful town, beautiful room, polite and personable staff. We had a problem with a crib and staff went out of their way to replace the crib promptly.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that the staff were able to accommodate you and fix the crib quickly. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the island.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Melanie
"Nice, clean hotel."
We went to the beach on our babymoon, and really enjoyed our stay. My only slight warning is that the continental breakfast left a bit to be desired, but you can't complain too much about free.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, it has been passed along to the correct department. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great hotel with beautiful view"
Excellent, new hotel near the small downtown, overlooking the sound. Very friendly staff. The breakfast is not the best.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Made sure I got the room I had been promised."
The hotel did not have the room I asked for available on arrival (pull out sofa) but arranged to get it for me. The hotel was very comfortable and clean and within a short walk of downtown.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm gald to hear that we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Great SunSet View"
The Hotel we had booked had a Great Sun Set View.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful views and the hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Mohan
"Clean, Fresh, Comfortable"
Really nice hotel. I would've given it 5 stars, if not for a few pieces of garbage visible around the property at low tide. One or two persons could have cleaned it up within a half an hour or so. Ruins the views.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review and brining this to our attention. We will make sure these items are cleaned up regularly. I hope that you will continue to stay with us during your visits to Chincoteague Island.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Southern Hospitality in Chincoteague, VA"
This was a quick beach getaway before prime season for my boyfriend and I. Aleyse was absolutely fabulous. She took care of us and made us feel so welcome....made me feel like I was in the deep south with her "Southern Hospitality!" She was able to accommodate our request for a waterfront room for our second night. We redemmed our free night during this stay and what Hotels.com does not tell you is that even if you request a waterfront room or any other accommodation it is not a guarantee. The entire staff was nothing by kind and helpful. We would go back to this hotel again for the kindness they showed us.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visti Chincoteague Island!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Michele
"Lovely room...relaxing time!"
Too cold to go to the beach but very relaxing time away!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I wish the weather had been a little warmer for you, but we hope to see you again on your next visit!
5 night romance trip May 12, 2015
dale
Came for a one night stay for mother's day. Found a deal and got a 2 queen bed suite. Unfortunately not a separate bedroom, but for just one night worked great with the kids. Check in was a breeze, very friendly hotel staff, and room was spotless. The wifi was a bit slow for own preference, but otherwise great. Next day the free breakfast was great, had the basics, but sufficient for family: hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurts, scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, cereal, fruit, and juices. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 16, 2015
JP
"Not Too Friendly"
Although 95% of the hotel was empty, they gave us the only rooms without a view.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
Relaxing
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Tony
"Nice hotel in town"
My wife and I stayed at the new Chincoteague Island Fairfield Inn & Suites in late March 2015 for three (3) nights. There were several things we liked and some we didn’t care for. Liked: The room was clean and nicely sized. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave oven. Good tight fitting window curtains. Medium size TV with HD channels. Staff seemed friendly and always helpful. It had your typical motel breakfast fare (very adequate) plenty of seats/tables. Plenty of parking spaces. Had computer desk and office chair. Things we didn’t like: The walls are paper thin. We could hear other's conversation clearly. The room entry door (room 331) incorrect hung – light streams from hallway. We hung up towels to stop the light. No bathroom heat lamp or bathroom heater. No controllable bathroom vent (runs all the time and it’s loud). No makeup (magnifying) mirror in the bathroom. No night light in the bathroom. The towel rack can not be reached from the shower. There is only two small draws for clothes storage. No room safe for storing valuables.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreicate your feed back and are currently working to find some solutions to some of the issues that you addressed. Your feed back is very important to us and we thank you for letting us know how we can improve. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
LucyB
"Very Nice Property in a Great off Season Location"
My husband and I spent one night on the way to Atlantic City. Very personable staff, great location on the Island (close to a couple of the traditional restaurants that are open in the off season). Property is in great condition with a decent free breakfast. The bed was just OK thus my "4" on the room comfort rating.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Mary-Leslie
"We loved the Fairfield Inn in Chincoteague!!!!"
We were soooo pleased with how clean and fresh the hotel was and how friendly and professional all the staff we interacted with were.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Joanne
"WANT TO REALLY GET AWAY? GET REFRESHED? RECHARGED?"
ARRIVED LATE AFTERNOON,TIRED AND HUNGRY.ASKED FOR A ROOM W/VIEW AND WAS LUCKY TO GET ONE.IT OVER LOOKED THE SALTWATER MARSH WEST OF THIS ISLAND RESORT THAT WAS FULL OF MIGRATARY BIRDS.THE FRONT DESK WAS VERY ACCOMODATING.THE HALLS,ELEVATOR AND ROOM FLOORS WERE VERY CLEAN WITHOUT ANY ODORS(SMOKING,PETS,ALCOHOL ETC.)THE BED WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND ROOM WAS QUIET.NEXT MORNING BREAKFAST WAS OUTSTANDINIG.BISCUITS AND GRAVY,SCRAMBLED EGGS AND BELGIUM WAFFLES JUST TO NAME A FEW,WHAT A TREAT.THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO IN CHINCOTEAGUE ONE NEEDS A WEEK TO GET TO SEE AND ENJOY THE SIGHTS.IF I WERE A PROFESSIONAL CRITIC,THE FAIRFIELD INN,CHINCOTEAGUE GETS A 10 RATING,THE SECOND 10 I HAVE EVER GIVEN OUT.I GAVE MY WIFE A 10 SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND SHE MAINTAINS THAT RATING TO THIS DAY.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
CHUCK
"Excellent Accommodations for a Lovely Trip"
The Fairfield Inn is located at the end of the Main Street strip which has multiple shops and restaurants within a very short walk. There is ample free parking and the hotel is surrounded by the bay on 3 sides which makes for a spectacular view. We were warmly greeted at the front desk that was situated in a beautifully decorated lobby. We asked about local restaurants and were provided with fliers for 7 different restaurants along with an Island travel guide. The room was not large but more than adequate for the two of us. There's a flat screen tv, pillow top king size bed, view of the left water inlet, glass wall shower with door, desk, and ample closet/drawer space. There's a digital thermostat on the wall that controls the heating/ac unit and a master switch that controls all of the major equipment in the room. With exception of the howling winds and the noisy ducks that are part of being on the bay, it was an incredible experience after a long exciting day. The fitness center downstairs even has equipment that has built-in televisions. The Breakfast in the morning was more than expected. There was pork and turkey sausage patties, eggs, muffins, bagels, Belgian waffle makers, coffee center with International Coffee creamers, cereal, apple/orange juice machine, milk, hard-boiled eggs, and more. We had a great time and recommend this hotel to everyone. The only improvement would've been a visit during pool season where you could swim with a view of the Bay!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Brandon
"Nice spot"
Great little spot. Had fun in Chincatique. Assitique was even better.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
spencer
"Beautiful hotel on a beautiful island!"
Our entire stay was perfect and the staff was exceptional! I am a former hotel manager and was completely impressed with the staff of this hotel - very highly recommended!
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"Loved this hotel"
I loved the hotel. The staff were friendly and seemed to like having guests instead of being miserable people hating life. The room was BIG and clean. Loved the layout.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"The hotel is wonderful"
The staff and customer service were excellent and the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed and most importantly very clean.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Honeymoon night!"
What a nice hotel! Friendly staff and great location! Room was very clean, comfortable beds, and view from our balcony was amazing!! We will be back. The breakfast had a nice assortment, something for everyone!
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Angela
Arrived pretty late from a long drive and was very tired. The check in process was about 45 seconds which was convenient. The room was clean with a great view. Only small issue was a little trash in trash can was left from previous guest. Other than that my experience was good.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Scenic and convenient location......"
Beautiful, contemporary waterfront property within walking distance of shopping and good restaurants
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"exceptional experience!"
My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at the Fairfield Inn and suites and loved it. Of course the breakfast was everything I hoped it would be...but the room was spotless and we even had HBO! Most of the hotel staff was very friendly but the young girl that checked us in did not smile much which brought down the mood a little. I also had requested a room with a view which we didn't get. Besides those two issues, everything was perfect! The view from the pool was gorgeous; we loved being so close to the sound. Toiletries were even nice :)
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great once we switched rooms"
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. Our first night we did not sleep well as the room was quite loud. The air conditioning was making a loud booming sound every 20 seconds. Overall, this hotel is very nice and seems practically brand new. So I was surprised to encounter an issue like that. The staff was friendly and moved us to another room for our second night, which was much quieter. The hotel was very clean and the lobby has great views of the water. The pool area is nice but the pool is really very small with no deep end. The location is great and we walked to dinner one night that we were there. Overall a very nice place to stay.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Lauren
"Just Okay"
We arrived close to 4 and had to wait for a room to be ready. The view is lovely since the hotel is built right on the bay, but it's quite a long drive to the main attractions and the beach. Chincoteague itself is difficult to get to, and there's not much in the village area where this hotel is located. Also, the room had a bay view, but there were rooms with balconies that looked right into ours so we were forced to keep the blinds shut. The breakfast was awful as well.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your room was not ready upon your arrival. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to try and get all rooms ready for our guests as quickly as they can. I apologize that you feel we are located to far away from the beach and shops and found our breakfast dissapointing. We strive to make every guests hotel experience the best, and we did not succed for you. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Super staff!"
Staff was very friendly. Best regards to Neil in the lobby and breakfast chef (don't know the name)!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Karl
"Good place to stay"
This hotel is beautiful and in a perfect location - right on the water and in the middle of town (on Main Street). Everything was clean and comfortable. Only one bad surprise. We came at 2.30 and waited untill 3 pm to be checked in.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I apologize that your room was not ready as soon as you arrived. Our housekeeping staff does their best to get rooms ready for guests who may arrive before check in time. I'm glad that you were still able to enjoy your stay and were able to relax. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Lana
"Friendly Staff"
Friendly Staff! We had a glitch between Hotels.com and Fairfield Inn reservations. The staff worked diligently with us to resolve it. Continental breakfast is the norm...and would be tiring if you spent more than a weekend there. Location was fantastic with views of Bay, and shopping and restaurants within EASY walking distance. Would def stay there again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that the staff were friendly and enjoyed our proximity to local shops and restaurants. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the island!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Over All Amazing Stay. Accidently charged twice"
Alyss was very nice & welcoming. She was eager to tell me about local attractions & events. I'm a Store Manager & her customer service was on point. My housekeeping lady I believe her name to be Shan'tell or chanell. She was extremely nice & treated us like a guest in her house l. She was so hospitable I went to ask what her name was & then forgot exactly what it was.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting u s know about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Alyese, Shantella and Chanell are all great emplyee's and I'm glad they were able to help make your stay wonderful. We look forward to seing you again the next time you visit the island!
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2014