All hotels in Chincoteague, Virginia, United States of America
3913 Main Street, Chincoteague, VA, 23336, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
"Fairfield Inn, Chincoteague"
Very comfortable hotel with attentive staff, hot breakfast, wifi included, and great views over the Chincoteague waterways (get a waterfront view room).
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff were friendly and welcoming. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
JIM
"Very happy campers!!!"
The staff went above and beyond. Absolutely the best hotel experiance I've ever had. I can't say enough about how great our stay was. We will recommend this place to everybody looking for an on island room!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Kimberly
"CLEAN ROOM WITH A GREAT VIEW"
EXCELLENT STAFF, WONDERFUL LOCATION, GREAT VIEW OF THE WATERFRONT
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
"Perfect hotel for a relaxing weekend"
Great hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance to the historic downtown area. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room was upgraded from a main street view to a water view upon request. Would definitely go back!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating. I'm glad that we were able to upgrade your room upon arrival. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Beautiful Views"
This was our first visit to chincoteague and the hotel was perfect, its very close to everything, restaurants and shopping. We had a bay view room and the balcony looked over the bay with lots of ducks and other birds, it is truly a beautiful view. it can get a wee bit noisy at night as you can hear loud music from a restaurant nearby but not too bad. Breakfast is pretty standard, eggs, cereal etc..nothing great. All in all good hotel and we had a wonderful stay.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room. I apologize for the noise from the restaurant. This is something we are currently working on with them. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chincoteague Island.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Shravya
"Convenient to downtown"
We had a first floor room with a balcony overlooking the water. The hotel room was roomy and modern, but the balcony was not very private. There is no wall separating you from the next room's balcony. Breakfast was good, and I liked how easy it was to walk into town for dinner.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I certainly understand your concern about privacy with the balconies. I hope that this will no deter you from returning on your next visit to the island!
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Ashley
Pleasant staff; hotel and facilities in excellent condition.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you found everything clean and the staff was helpful. We look forward to serving you again soon!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Good for a week-end"
we come to Chincoteague for the birthday of one of my daughters. We stayed with our 4 children in the hotel. The room was okay, if a little bruillante. The view was very nice. The sofa was very uncomfortable, just for kids, and still very limited. breakfasted breakfast was disappointing: many people, a bit overwhelmed staff, little choice.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find everything completely to your liking. We strive to give our guests the best hotel experience possible. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and continue to stay with Marriott hotels.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Beautiful"
Everything was great!!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Blanca T
"Beautiful Hotel"
This place was excellent.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. We look forward to serving you again sometime soon!
2 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Nice new hotel"
New hotel. Large comfortable rooms. Fantastic view. The sunset is to die for.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
VL
"Just passing through"
Just stayed the one night. This place is pretty new so everything looked fresh and clean. Breakfast was a bit short on protein (I'm a confirmed meat eater) but there were plenty of fruits, breads and yogurt to go along with scrambled eggs and biscuits.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast. We will certinaly look into other options for adding some other protein items to our breakfast. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the island.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Awesome customer service"
Elise and RJ at the front desk were wonderful, so friendly and helpful. They made us feel at home and were happy to see us. They overbooked suites but gave us two adjoining rooms. Breakfast was average but still worth it.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that Alyese and RJ were so accommodating during your stay! I hope that their service will having you returning soon!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Gets a thumbs up from me!"
This was a lovely hotel in a great spot. Good breakfast. Nice rooms. Very quiet. I will stay more often in Fairfield Inn and suites if this is the norm.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
kristin
"Great family stay"
Very spacious 2 Queen with sleeper sofa suite overlooking the water. It's within walking distance of downtown and close to Maddox where most restaurants and rentals are. Breakfast is ok, not great but included. Largest room with a great view and 2 chair balcony. The kids loved it.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you and your family loved the large room! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Island!
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Edward
"Awesome views!"
Great location.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your view. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Cilda
"Fairfield Inn by bay water"
All electronics worked in the room. All beddings, curtains, and carpets were clean. Coffee maker and refrigerator were clean. Fridge is small and for drinks and snacks. Pool was clean. Breakfast buffet included waffle, coffee, milk, juice, muffins, eggs, sausage and potato soup, banana, and apple.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Beautiful bay view, clean and comfortable hotel."
Very pleased with our stay at the Fairfield. Did hear some hallway noise from our room but our overall experience was excellent!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
family getaway
"Very Good!"
Loved our stay. Staff very helpful and accomodating, room clean and comfortable. Rest of facility very clean. Enjoyed our complimentary breakfast very much. Also enjoyed use of the gym, however, I do feel that no one under the age of 12 should be able to use facilities. It was very distracting when people would bring their small children in to "play" on the equipment and then proceeded to take pictures while their children were "using" the equipment. The equipment should remain available to those who are serious about their workouts.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Lack of staffing"
Arrived early was told to come back 3 diff. Times. Room ready 2 hrs after advertised . Room was serviced 1x over 3 days. Had to ask for towels ; daily! Lack of house keeping was a huge issue for us.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication between staff in getting you into your room in a timely fashion. I also apologize for the lack of housekeeping service. This is not the service that I expect, nor trained, my staff to give. I understand the frustation of having to constantly ask for service. Your comments have been forwarded to the housekeeping department to use as a training supplement. I hope that you will consider giving our staff and hotel another chance to show you the service that we are capable of on your next visit to the island.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Hotel ok-nothing special-had a balcony-was a waste"
Had a balcony was a waste-too hot & humid to even enjoy-view not note worthy--Tried to go to the pool 2 days--was a very small pool-- was chased out by the man cleaning the decking-the power washing/spraying was so noisy that it gave me a headache, other guests left also. Prices way too high for what you get. Hot breakfast every morning was the same-no variety. Room was clean but nothing special--.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you didn't find the balcony, nor the view, what you expected. We try hard to make every guests stay enjoyable. I apologize that you didn't find that at our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Staff were exceptional, and gave great recommendations. The room was clean and generally very nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that the staff were able to assist you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Drew
"Great hotel, friendly people, clean"
Very nice hotel, however someone did have a non-service dog inside of the hotel and was not told about it. Hotel is pet-free, should be kept this way. the town is very nice and highly recommended for a relaxing time in a older quaint town. Would definitely go again!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Chincoteague"
Room too small. Continental breakfast average
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We do have some larger rooms that have a sitting area that you may find suits your needs a little better than the room you were in. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Donald
"Great lovation"
Awesome hotel , close to everything!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Kriste
"A great bay view place to stay."
We were very pleased with the Fairfield Inn during our stay on Chicoteague Island during the 90th Annual Pony Swim. Even though the hotel was completely booked with visitors, the staff was always helpful and friendly making us feel very welcomed. They kept the hotel clean inside and out during this very busy week. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, and shopping overlooking the bay for beautiful views. There is a restaurant next door that has live entertainment where the Fairfield Guests can sit on their balcony or around the pool and enjoy some light music.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Terry
"Great breakfast crew!"
The breakfast crew were fantastic! Even though breakfast is scheduled from 6-10 a.m., no one hurries you along. Very unusual we have found. At most hotels that include breakfast with the room, if breakfast is slated to be over at 10 a.m., the staff stop replenishing the stock by 9:30 or so in an obvious attempt to clear the breakfast room by 10. Also, on the day of the pony swim, when many of us rose quite early (definitely before breakfast time) to go to see the ponies make their annual trek, the staff left the breakfast items available (and brought out new items!) to accommodate the guests returning from the event (about 9:30 or so). Very thoughtful gesture! Knowing that we would leave for the pony swim at 4:30 a.m. and would miss breakfast, we asked the front desk clerk the night before if he could locate any bananas that might have been left over from that day's breakfast, he went to the kitchen and looked around but could only locate apples and oranges. Again, a hospitable gesture! The housekeeping staff was a bit remiss, however. Although we stayed four nights, our room was only serviced once. Granted, we put the Do Not Disturb sign out and did not remove it until 11, but that should have provided enough time for the staff to service the room. This is the first time we have not left a tip for housekeeping, but we felt justified since we had made our own bed three of the four nights we were there.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us for the annual Pony Swim. I am happy to hear that the breakfast staff was able to accommodate you and the other guests as the swim was during breakfast hours. Thank you for letting us know about housekeeping. We will certainly look into the issue. I understand your frustration at not receiving service the majority of your stay. We strive to give our guests the best hotel experience possible, and we fell short in housekeeping. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
4 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Eldon
"Great Spot for Families"
One of the two top properties for families on Chincoteague's Main St. My only complaints are the swimming pool is a little small, and they need rockers on the room balconies :). Overall, a great place for families.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration as we look at ways we can improve our guests experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Rowland
"Excellent hotel in a great location"
Great time here. We were here for Pony swim2015. Close walking to shops and food
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay for this year's Pony Swim. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
hotel is great but you can hear everyone out in the hall way. There was a smell in the room. Sink and shower head felt like it was going to break wasn't done correctly.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problems that you had. We will begin adding some soundproofing to our rooms this fall, so that should help with the traffic noise you heard. We will also have maintenance look at the sink and shower in your room. Thank you for letting us know about these problems. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Dennis
"In Transit, Overnight Stay"
We arrived early evening and experienced fast check in. The front desk people were very friendly during check in and check out. I was able to eat at the hotel and relax by the pool which overlooks the bay. The room was very comfortable and clean. One can not expect much more.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Jeffrey W
"Nice hotel right on the water"
Nice hotel within walking distance to many shops and cafes. Right on the water, great boardwalk setup where you can eat breakfast looking out into the inlet. Not far drive from the beach. Ample parking, great location, friendly staff, thorough cleaning crew, very tidy hotel. Nice small pool area.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel to the shops and downtown. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Hockeysox
Nice place, my 14 year old daughter in particular really thought it was nice. Balcony over waterfront was nice touch, but the sticky, tricky door to the balcony was a bother. Not the hotel's fault, but the alarm going off 3 to 4 times at the bar next door in the middle of the night was painful.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of the balcony door. As well as the alarm from the restaurant next door. I know that can be unsettling when it goes off in the middle of the night. I know they are trying to figure out the cause so it does not happen again. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the island.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Relaxing"
The hotel and staff were excellent. Having a outside bar next door is convenient too. Room was spotless. Short drive to the beach and nice location to just walk around the town. Try to get a room on the water side of hotel.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great view, good location"
Ideally located just off of Main St.right on the water's edge, with easy access to shopping/restaurants and a short drive to Assateague beach. The bayside rooms have a great view of Chincoteague Bay and sunset. The room was missing toiletries on arrival but available on request. Otherwise clean and neat. Would recommend.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I apologize for the missing items from your room. This has been passed along to the housekeeping department. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the island.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Love the hotel, clean, friendly staff and close to all. Will definitely stay there again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything and the staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
rspsal
"Nice family getaway"
Enjoyed a quick family getaway. Room was clean and hotel was nice. Staff was friendly and professional. Would definetly stay here again.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Elaine
"Weekend Stay"
Absolutely love this hotel! I stayed here previously last year and fell in love with the location, the overlook, the price, everything. this year was a little disappointing since i paid a lot of money to stay for a few days and when we got there, there was hair all over one of the queen size beds. (as if someone had been laying there or just not cleaned sheets). thankfully we had another bed since it was just my partner and i but, if we had anyone else with us, someone would have had to get that cleaned in order for us to sleep there. that was my only gripe with the hotel.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize for the hair on your bed. We will certainly look into that and let the housekeeping department know. I can certainly understand being uncomfortable. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Justine
Beautiful town, beautiful room, polite and personable staff. We had a problem with a crib and staff went out of their way to replace the crib promptly.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that the staff were able to accommodate you and fix the crib quickly. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the island.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Melanie
"Nice, clean hotel."
We went to the beach on our babymoon, and really enjoyed our stay. My only slight warning is that the continental breakfast left a bit to be desired, but you can't complain too much about free.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, it has been passed along to the correct department. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
We had a really good experience at the Fairfield Inn in Chincoteague VA. Rooms were very clean and we had a great video of the bay. The only thing I would recommend is that the hotel have stools for kids because the sinks and water fountains are just high enought off the ground that our little one, 3 1/2, couldn't reach.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Danielle
"Great hotel with beautiful view"
Excellent, new hotel near the small downtown, overlooking the sound. Very friendly staff. The breakfast is not the best.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"2 nights stay"
The cons : stinky pillows. It's not the pillowcase , it's the pillows itself. It needs to be washed. It doesn't matter how clean the pillow case , the pillows absorb the sweat and stinkiness of people's head. I guess I'm just sensitive, I had to use the square decor pillow because I can not fall to sleep with pillow smell. We were there for 2 nights and no one came to clean the bathroom /room. We had to call for new wash clothes and towels. I will think twice going back. On the plus side, the hotel has ample areas to move around , the outside is clean, although the pool is on the small side but the kids enjoyed it. Love the white beddings. Hotel is right next to a restaurant. I just wished we had a balcony, we had the bay view but no balcony.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feed back, it has been passed along to the different departments. our goal is to give every guest the best hotel experience possible. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit. Once again, thank you for the feedback.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
maria
"Room for all"
My sisters and I get together every year for an adventure. This year we chose visiting the ponies at Chincoteague for our adventure, and we wanted a room in a hotel where we could all stay comfortably, and be together. Very few hotels have rooms where five adult women can stay comfortably, so we greatly appreciated and enjoyed these accommodations!
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
I am so glad to hear that you and your sisters had a wonderful time on your adventure to Chincoteague Island. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again for your next adventure!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Barbe
"Quick stay before dropping my son off for camp."
The hotel it's self was ok. However, when we pulled back the sheets there were a bunch of crumbs and hair in the bed. When I called the front desk the lady said I will be right up to change your sheeta. She showed up right away. However, I was thrown off by her comments that maybe house keeping was eating in the room...Hmmm, that's still unacceptable and leaves me to think they were laying in the bed eating and then just pulled the blanket over the sheets. Also, her asking were the crumbs on the pillow case also or do we need to change them aswell. Uhm, yes..
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience was not up to the standard that you expect from a Marriott. Our goal is to make every guests stay the best experience possible. We have obviously have some work to do. We will be looking into the housekeeping issue and make sure it is 100% resolved . I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
K. S.
"Made sure I got the room I had been promised."
The hotel did not have the room I asked for available on arrival (pull out sofa) but arranged to get it for me. The hotel was very comfortable and clean and within a short walk of downtown.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for your review. I'm gald to hear that we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Great SunSet View"
The Hotel we had booked had a Great Sun Set View.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Mohan
"Clean, Fresh, Comfortable"
Really nice hotel. I would've given it 5 stars, if not for a few pieces of garbage visible around the property at low tide. One or two persons could have cleaned it up within a half an hour or so. Ruins the views.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Southern Hospitality in Chincoteague, VA"
This was a quick beach getaway before prime season for my boyfriend and I. Aleyse was absolutely fabulous. She took care of us and made us feel so welcome....made me feel like I was in the deep south with her "Southern Hospitality!" She was able to accommodate our request for a waterfront room for our second night. We redemmed our free night during this stay and what Hotels.com does not tell you is that even if you request a waterfront room or any other accommodation it is not a guarantee. The entire staff was nothing by kind and helpful. We would go back to this hotel again for the kindness they showed us.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chincoteague Island
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visti Chincoteague Island!
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015