All hotels in Berlin, Germany

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"Berlin stay"
For our first place in Berlin this was a great place to stay. They had a washer/dryer plus a full kitchen. The walk up was long, but good exercise. The young woman in charge during the weekend was very helpful.
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
Kathleen

"Overall Great Stay in a Great Location"
Overall great stay in a great location. Room is/was not as well kept or immaculate as other reviews suggested but it wasn't awful either. Location is superb with easy access to transit.
4 night trip Sep 14, 2014
C M A

"Stilig leilighet"
Var på miniferie med venner. Veldig hyggelig sted med kafeer og shoppinggate like i nærheten. Fin og ren leilighet og gode senger. Eneste jeg har å utsette er at de ikke har et rom å sette bagasje i før innsjekk/etter utsjekk. Dette medførte at vi brukte mye tid på å finne ledige oppbevaringsskap (fullt alle steder unntatt Hauptbahof) og vi mistet mye tid på dette siste dagen.
3 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2014
Ingvild
"Dejligt"
Lejligheden var i god stand og havde alle de nødvendige bekvemmeligheder. Ligger i en normal beboelsesejendom der er i meget pæn stand. Lejligheden ligger i et godt område tæt på indkøb, shopping mv.
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2014
DK
5 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
RU

TripAdvisor reviews for Homage Design Apartments

"Great apartments in a good location"
07/14/15 emmagriff752_cymru
We were a group of 4 girls who stayed in the apartments for 3 nights. It was really spacious, plenty of room for us all. The apartment was clean, modern, stylish and the kitchen was well equipped if you had wanted to eat in. The location was good - a 5 minute walk to the U-bahn station on the U2 line which had good links into the city. Lots of nice restaurants and bars nearby, plus the Lidle at the end of the street was really handy. Daniel, the host, was helpful in our communications beforehand, giving us advice on how to get from the airport and also recommendations for places to eat on our first night. Also very useful to be able to leave our suitcases in their office on our last day so we could squeeze in a final few hours of exploring. This place is a really good choice for groups looking for a cheap option for accommodation in a central location.
"Problem - we don't want to leave."
07/12/15 Caro B Bristol
If you are looking for a spacious, clean, comfortable, well appointed, beautifully designed holiday apartment in a very good location, try this. ..... I was very impressed with ours, which was the "white" apartment. The beds were extremely comfortable and it had almost everything we needed with no clutter ( until we came along and dumped our stuff everywhere that is). I was delighted to have asked for a map of the city for when we arrived, and there it was.. My few minor niggles seem a little churlish given the fabulous time we have had here, but it would be lovely to have a little bit of info to hand - i.e. where the tube station is, nearest shop, nearest pharmacy, that there is a bakers round the corner etc... and a visitor book so we can all wax lyrical about what a marvellous time we've had in Berlin. The not lined curtains didn't bother us, but I imagine that might bother some. Interesting area, lots of nice bars and restaurants nearby and just a few minutes from the metro, or about a mile's walk right into the very heart of the city. 12 o clock checkout also most welcome. All in all pretty perfect.
"Two day visit, excelent"
06/12/15 Luis Carlos P
This is a very nice place to stay in Berlin. The apartment in the last floor is very big, the kitchen has everything you need for a trip. If you're traveling with your family it is a very good option. You make it to the historical center in 20 minutes.
"Beautiful apartment"
04/15/15 Grdiza Berlin, Germany
A beautiful apartment. Very clean, very modern, very spacious! In a quiet street, but near almost everything. From style to restaurants and from history to amusement! Very polite and helpful owners. I will definitely go there again.
"A genuine home away from home."
01/19/15 Laonie Brisbane
We spent 2 nights of a 5 night stay in Berlin at Homage Apartments and we ended up wishing we had booked for the entire 5 days. I was a little surprised to see a few people commenting on the lack of amenities in this building. This is not a hotel; it is not advertised as a hotel and it offers none of the services provided by a hotel. The accommodation is simply a gracious space in an old apartment building, in an equally old residential district, and your money buys you the simple right to open one of front doors and enjoy the (priceless) opportunity to ‘live like a local’. If you want landline phones, assistance on-call, modern lifts and ‘Dial 9 for a porter’, you should probably stay at the Marriot. Whatever part of the building you stay in, there will be a certain number of stairs. If this is genuinely going to be an issue for you and your luggage, then you should certainly take that into consideration. We stayed in the orange apartment and enjoyed every minute. We loved the feeling of spaciousness, the graceful old windows, the super-wide floor boards, the retro styled furniture and the general feel of being in a home, not in a hotel room. The master bedroom was absolutely massive. I appreciated the apartment’s clean Scandinavian styling but the designer in me longed to add just one beautiful neutral canvas or a mirror to the utterly bare walls. It was lovely to have a proper kitchen with a fridge, stove and laundry facilities, too. Personally, I found many of the inside spaces in Europe grossly over-heated. My travelling companion likes it that way, so it was utter bliss to have a bedroom to myself so I could open a window and allow some fresh winter air to counteract the oppressive mugginess they called central heating. The bed, linens and pillows were all very comfortable and I enjoyed the best sleep of our entire trip. There are some very good restaurants and cafes on Choriner, all within very easy walking distance. There is also a decent supermarket less than 5 mins away. If you leave the apartment building and turn left, the supermarket is about half way down the second (or maybe the third…) street on your left. The trams run one street over from Choriner. Cross the road as soon as you exit the building, turn left and then almost immediately right onto Kirsch, you’ll see the tram lines at the end. Again, it’s only 5 minutes’ walk at the absolute most. There was a lovely-looking little bakery on Kirsch, too. Of course, you could spend hours just walking around Mitte District without the need for a tram and once you’re on the tram you are mere moments away from enough sites and shopping to last you for days. It’s a fabulous location. One thing that made me laugh during our stay was a polite message stuck in the lift asking guests to respect that this is a predominantly residential building with young children and to therefore keep quiet and ensure music was turned down/off by 8pm etc. Having duly noted this, our first evening was punctuated by an irregular series of violent explosions, courtesy of one of the peace-seeking families living on the same level as us. The source of the Battle of Gallipoli sound effects turned out to be a boy of about 10 years old amusing himself by hurling a seemingly endless supply of fireworks out of a third storey window into the central courtyard below. After about a hour I opened a window and made a bit of noise of my own. See? Who needs a concierge?! Our only fleeting spot of bother came on the morning we left, when the taxi we had booked on-line failed to show up. We waited 20 minutes past its due arrival time and then threw ourselves on the mercy of a passing local (and his phone) and he kindly ordered another one for us. Naturally, both cabs then turned up simultaneously. If I had my time again I would spend at least a week in Berlin, and all of that week staying at the Homage Apartments. They’re really very special.
"Stay Here If You Like Galleries/Bookstores/Cafes..."
12/19/14 stetienne2 Chicago, Illinois
The lay of the land in Berlin is tricky to figure out. This city of 3.5 million people lacks a "center"—and since commercial districts are so spread out from each other (due to the former East and West Berlin divisions), I would imagine it would be difficult for a first-time traveler to this German capital (like me) to decide where to stay. Luckily, I have a couple of sophisticated friends who live right in the heart of Mitte/Prenzlauer berg—which turned out to be the epicenter of hip galleries, bookstores, cafes, etc—and they recommended I should anchor in close proximity to their apartment. Homage turned out to be a fantastic find! Not only was I within 10mins to two major U-Bahn stops, I also ended up spending a good chunk of my trip hanging out in the neighborhood due to the great shopping. As the name implies, Homage is literally an "apartment," so if you're the type who needs assistance from porters and concierges, look elsewhere: this is pretty much DIY. When one of my Berliner friends graciously helped in getting me settled into my "Blue Room" (apparently all apartments are named after certain colors), he explained that the courtyard that my room faced was designed so that the old German fire squads could easily extinguish coal fires back in the days before heating systems. I thought that was pretty cool. My "Blue Room" was very comfortable: a nice kitchen equipped with dishwasher and drawers full of utensils; a large living/sleeping area with full-size closets; a modern bathroom with rain shower and good water pressure. Free wifi worked really well. The only little glitch was that there was no soap for the shower—but that issue was remedied with a quick trip to Kaiser, a supermarket just two blocks away. The takeaway: if you're like me who prefer to blend in with the locals when traveling, Homage in Berlin is an ideal choice.
"Great Location -- but You Are On Your Own"
12/12/14 JamesV79 Los Angeles, CA
We recently spent a week in one of the one-bedroom apartments in the back garden building. Nice spacious apartment, if a bit starkly decorated, in a really terrific neighborhood. My partner and I agreed that we would pass on any future stay in a 4th floor walk-up -- but we would return to one of the lower level units. Any potential visitor should realize, however, that if you rent one of the apartments you will be entirely on your own. We arrived at about 7 PM -- and had to let ourselves in because the office closed at 6 PM -- not sure why someone couldn't have stayed an hour late just this once but there you are. Inside the apartment, there is nothing in the way of welcoming information. Luckily we had our trusty iPad to help us find the local market (just around the corner). We never were able to work the combo microwave/conventional oven. Only directions were in German -- and the woman in the office during business hours, while perfectly pleasant, was unable to decipher the instructions any better than we could. She promised to find English instructions but they never materialized. But the neighborhood and apartment overall are great -- we were just not able to eat in as much as we had hoped.
"Three days in Berlin"
09/29/14 Julia S Cape Town Central, South Africa
My husband and I stayed at Homage Design Apartments for three days towards the end of September and really enjoyed the spacious layout of the apartment. We stayed in the garden apartment building which was set back from the street. The kitchen facilities were excellent and the apartment was very clean and tastefully decorated in a minimalist contemporary style. The location was great for exploring Berlin and there was a great selection of restaurants and cafes nearby as well as a supermarket. There was free wifi and we were also able to hire bikes close by for 10 Euros/day. I would highly recommend these apartments for couples and families.
"A relaxing environment."
09/26/14 simfrank2014 Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.The apartment was spacious and stylish and it had excellent kitchen and laundry facilities. Close to a supermarket,train station and nice restaurants.The manager could not have been more helpful.
"Spacious, comfortable and good location"
09/23/14 Alli R
Helpful staff on arrival, allowed us to book in 3 hours early. Apartment well equipped, contrary to previous comments there WAS washing up liquid, cloths etc. apartment itself was large and comfortable, beds and pillows comfortable, we all slept well. Location fab, lovely restaurants and bars locally, tram and tube also nearby for travel to Berlin's main sights. ONLY downside was no English channels on the tv, not even world news.