All hotels in Port Severn, Ontario, Canada

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Food is all right
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Beautiful location"
Be sure to not stay in a traditional room! Very loud mechanical noises (roaring motor and banging pipes) late evening and again early in the morning. Also there were no robes and a 1980's TV, making it very difficult room to enjoy any relaxation or rest. The dining experience was the most positive part of our stay.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
The hotel pool was tiny and you reach the other side after 3 strokes- the photograph was shot low to the ground to make it look bigger. I was hoping the room size would be larger for the price. The staff were great,friendly and helpful. The food was not resort quality. They had a Tim Horton's style capuchino machine. If you are there in summer when a wedding is booked it will be loud because not much insulation in the walls and floors. Very pretty location though!
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Located on a beautiful lake"
The hotel was great! The room was really nice. The bed was very comfortable. The shower had great pressure!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Becky

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Amazing hotel"
Great place to stay, staff is amazing.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
Kurtis
"Great Weekend Get A Way"
Great weekend for peace and quiet in the winter time Amazing food in the restaurant Hotel has been recently updated and they did an amazing job We will go back for sure!
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Nice hotel..close to lake..."
We had a lakeview room on the second floor...cozy and comfortable...beautiful view of lake and fall colours..would have been nice to have a bar fridge and chair in room....We ate dinner at the Inn..our meals and service were excellent....We had an enjoyable stay and would return...
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
P.
Excellent setting. Very relaxing stay. Staff very accomodating.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
The hotel was nice but dated. In-wall air conditioner was noisy. Dining room was expensive for decent food and the wait staff was overwhelmed by the 4 tables.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Brendan
"Modern Inn and amenities."
Great place to stay with an excellent location with water on all sides.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"We enjoyed our stay."
We had a peaceful stay as it was the quiet time of the season. The room was very comfortable and clean with an amazing unobstructed view of the lake. The dining room was very quiet, which is exactly what we were looking for. The staff (Jade) took extra time with us and was very helpful, humorous and professional. This was our second visit to Christie's Mill and we plan to go back again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Laura and Andy
"romantic getaway."
Very quiet and pleasant experience for. Spa facilities and dining room closed early. Staff very responsive. Room air conditioner was rather noisy.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Overall a good stay, but the overnight staff were taking breaks when I needed them, so it was a bit annoying.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"Old favourite"
Have been several times in the past..found this stay a little disappointing. Room looked out at a brick wall and was above the kitchen. The hotel was more than half empty..they could have offered us an upgrade but that's against policy. Only ate one meal there which was highly overpriced and not very good. My husband has the worst steak I'd ever seen...1/2 inch thick and $45.00. My sea bass was served with risotto which was preformed cup shape and tasted like uncle bens boil in the bag. Pool closes at 8 now...used to be 10 and we had liked to swim after dinner when we stayed before. Won't stay again here will go to the Rawley where we ate for the rest of our stay ...much better menu and quality and more reasonably priced.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Wonderful Hotel!"
Was great for kids and adults alike! The boys loved the pool, hot tub, tennis, canoeing, kayaking etc...we enjoyed all of that, plus the balcony with great view, and time to RELAX!! :) The customer service was amazing, and we really couldn't have asked to change anything! It was a great place to stay and we totally recommend it!!
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Hannah
"Nice hotel under new ownership"
The staff are very nice and very helpful, and the location is great by car or boat but not a lot of places nearby to walk to. The setting right by the water is just lovely.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Fine Dining left us hungry"
The Hotel was very nice but there Fine Dining Restaurant is a rip off. You spend over $100.00 for two people and you come away hungry. I have had steaks at the keg for less money that tasted a lot better. The Sea Bass was mushy. We left the restaurant and went to the closest convenience store for junk food to fill are selves up.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Jim and Julie
"Room 205"
Our only complaint was the air conditioning in our room. The unit was right beside the head of our bed, blowing directly on us. Very noisy. We tried opening our patio door for some ventilation but the noise from some sort of hotel equipment right outside was very irritating. We were uncomfortable most of the night.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"Nice boutique resort"
Nice boutique resort. Decent rooms, good dining, friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Oliver
"Quiet comfort"
I stayed here as a Thanksgiving treat to myself. The staff was welcoming, upgrading my standard room to a King Suite. The room was tastefully decorated with a pleasant water view to enjoy while sitting inside by the in-room fireplace. After enjoying a late dinner in the restaurant, I finished the evening alternating soaks in the hot tub with swims in the pool. With cool, rainy weather outdoors, I was quite content having everything under one roof.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Wendy
"Chreistie;s Mill, a treasure at Port Severn."
Our second visit did not disappoint us. The rooms and appointment are inviting and excellent. Room service is prompt and thorough. The staff, throughout the Resort, are very efficient, pleasant, knowledgeable and determined to please us the guests. We can only recommend Christie's M ills. Too bad, the sun did not shine for us, and, we did not hear our favourite Loons calling. Thank you Kurt and Ursel
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the water."
Poor weather conditions put a damper on our stay: cool, dark and rain - so could not make use of the outdoor lounge areas. Because of the foam pillows used in the bedroom, we woke up with stiff necks each day: next time bring own pillows from home. Delivery of bar beverages to our room was much appreciated: chocolate covered strawberries at no charge was a nice touch to offset delay in arrival of our order. No A/C in the hallways: uncomfortably hot. Some hotel staff were upbeat for a pleasant experience, and some were not. Disappointing view of a brick wall from our room. Our room balcony was a public walkway. TV set was very small, old technology, with limited channel selection. Room size and bed were small.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Nice hotel. On water."
Great!!, suit was stunning. Only a few resturants to choose from around the location.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Could not sleep because air conditioner made too much noise. However, scenery is very nice.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Nice Stay"
Very nice Inn in the Muskokas. Nice property in a beautiful setting. Room was very comfortable if a little small.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Beautiful setting"
Really comfortable and in a beautiful setting. Pleasant staff and had a nice evening meal. Was well located to see that part of Canada.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Surreytraveller
"Room Comparison"
In the past I have stayed in a suite. I found the standard room disappointing. The air conditioner was extremely noisy and the room faced an alley where staff smoked. The steak which was ordered for dinner was well done - not medium well; however we were given a dessert - no charge.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Lynda
"Affordable overnight"
Hot Tub not hot enough and needed some repair. No towels available. Terrace room was great. Breakfast Buffet was excellent and server very attentive. Front Desk moral is down and needs improvement. Beautiful location on the water. price was right! Hope we can visit again.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Paul F
"Beautiful"
We arrived on Monday afternoon for a three night stay and our room was upgraded to a suite What a nice surprise. We were able to launch our seadoo just down the road and tie up at the Christie mill dock. The food was great and very reasonably priced there isn't much to do in port Severn but midland is only half an hour away
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
donna
"Great place for Boaters"
We stayed one night as part of Trent boating trip. Everything was great, terrific room (Waterview Suite w King bed), very nice property & facilities, good docking, very good restaurant, good food, very attentive service, reasonable prices. We really liked it and will definitely go back.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Willie
"very peaceful and exceptional staff service"
food OK, not great but acceptable, very quiet setting, nice rooms but nor fully equipped
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Ann
"Beautiful Hotel"
The hotel was perfect! The hotel staff were extremely friendly and eager to please. Our room was beautiful. The food was very good. Staying at this hotel made our stay very memorable and comforting, Our room overlooked the water so it added to the enjoyment of the stay.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Linda & Jim Bonner
"One hr to 30 thousand islands boat cruise"
We stayed in the honeymoon suite. Prettiest and largest suite we ever experienced ( we have stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels ). The room has a lovely balcony overlooking the water and we watched 2 mink, fishing and play in the water every morning. Although the restaurant is expensive, the food was delicious. The Inn has a wonderful tranquil feel about it. I would love to return one day.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Valorie Carson
"Not a happy stay"
Checked out early- old facility and old people staying. No help to take luggage to room. No fridge. Air con loud. Hair dryer kept shorting. Spa way over priced. Pool too much chlorine could not breath. Goose poop everywhere could not sit or walk near the water ... Old TV!
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice facility. Better than regular hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay. The only minor problem was a room vent as we were on second floor that was noisy and woke us up.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Nice and quaint"
We spent one night in the hotel. It was nice and the rooms are updated. We spent a quiey relaxing night there.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Ron
"Very nice Muscoka get away"
The staff was very friendly, and the service in the dining room was great. We stayed in the King size room on the 2nd floor, beautiful room, except there was no door on the closet and no table by the chairs and sofa. The hand shower was leaking. There is a nice little beach on the grounds, but very hard to get in due to stones etc. They have several docs there, why not putting a little later on the dock to get in and out?????
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Barbara Merk
"JUST O.K."
MY ROOM WAS ON THE SECOND FLOOR, LOTS OF WALKING AND UP STAIRS. VIEW OF BRICK WALL. VERY NOISY A/C. HAD TO REQUEST SCREEN ON SLIDING DOOR, TO USE INSTEAD OF A/C.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
BARBARA
"Less Than Expected"
Arrived, confirmed spa appointment and dinner reservation with front desk when checking in. Room nice, however, no refrigerator, difficult to keep a bottle of wine cool while having to take an elevator to the 2nd floor for ice. The bathtub drain was plugged. On 2nd day, stopped by spa to confirm arrival and was informed that appointment (which was booked by phone directly with spa) did not include couples massage as booked. Ultimately, spa personnel were able to accomadate after some juggling, however, not with RMT so they refunded one of the couples massages. Later that evening, arrived for dinner only to find no reservation, (this after confirming with front desk upon arrival the day before) Server was able to seat us in restaurant that had only four tables being used ????? Dinner arrived, and sirloin steak cooked extremely well done, not medium rare as ordered, had to return to kitchen and we ended up eating our meals seperately. Refunded steak dinner as well. Ultimately, will not go back. Although refunds of spa and dinner were prompt, I would have preferred they get it right the first time. Dissapointed.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
T. Brown
"Great place to hold a wedding"
My wife and I stayed two nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. Located right on a beautiful lake and the views are spectacular.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"KING SIZE ROOM WAS VERY OVER PRICED,EXPECTED BETTE"
EXPECTED BETTEROFF SEASON RATE THAN $269. THIS DID NOT INCLUDE ANY MEALS OR PERKS. OTHER THAN THAT VERY PLEASANT STAY AND LOCATION
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Higher expectations"
I booked our room at Christies Mill after reading the reviews for the Inn. My husband and I were looking for a nice place to stay after a trip to the cottage to see how it was holding up with all the snow. The cottage is not winterized so we were treating ourselves to a 'night out' instead of coming back to the city. I booked the room on expedia for a fairly reasonable rate, though higher than other hotels in the area. From the pictures I saw, I thought we would be able to sit back in our room and take in some winter scenery. Unfortunately, our room had one small window that faced the roof line and had absolutely no view. This is really unfortunate considering we were at an Inn in northern Ontario and not a hotel in Manhattan. It was sort of depressing.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Relaxing Getaway"
We had a lovely stay. The staff were exceptionally friendly and the resort was charming and relaxing. We decided to book a couples massage and really enjoyed that. A truly relaxing and enjoyable experience.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
Bonnie
the staff was great, very friendly and looked after anything you asked,along with a great smile always. The breakfast buffet was good, so was diner. during diner there was a 2pc group playing great blues and easy enjoyful music made our stay at diner even longer. Plan to go back again !!!
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
George Vago
"Nice, a little pricey for such small rooms."
Staff was pleasant, the interior public areas are nice. The exterior needs attention due to peeling paint and ugly materials. The rooms were quite a bit smaller then I am used to for the price. Overall though, a nice hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Not what I expected"
I would recommend the Inn depending on the accommodation. We went to celebrate my birthday and based on what I had seen on the internet & website I was quite excited to go because it look really nice. The Inn itself is lovely and the grounds & view beautiful, however our room seemed to be in an older (or perhaps not updated) part. Our room was quite small, the carpet was worn & looked dirty, the drapes looked old and one of the bedside lamps was plugged into a power cord outlet that ran across the corner of the room. The hallway was rather dark and the outside looked like it could use some TLC. I think we were put into that part of the Inn because we had our dog with us and that must be the "pet friendly" part. The other wing of the Inn that had rooms was much nicer, the halls were bright and looked newer. The rooms looked much nicer too from what I could see from the outside. We didn't use the pool or spa, but we did eat in the dining room and the food was very good. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Because of my disappointment with the room I can only say my stay here was ok. My advice would be to find out exactly where you will be staying if you decide to go here.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Jan
"A Great Couples Escape"
I only wished we could have stayed longer!! The room we stayed in (lake view with balcony suite) was amazing, tranquil view, fireplace was cozy and bed was to die for.. I don't remember the last time I had such a comfy wonderful sleep!! Had spa services which was exceptional and Both Dinner and Brunch (just stayed sat night). Food was amazing! It was a bit cooler so didn't really get out and about much but would have been nice to maybe see a few lit outdoor fireplaces outside in the evening. Another suggestion would have been maybe to of had complimentary Coffee and Tea and maybe a newspaper in the morning.. Just to tie the early riser over till Brunch. I took full advantage of a sleep in but Hubby was up early with nothing to read or drink. Overall a wonderful escape from the craziness of my day to day chaos.. Will Def be back.. Someday soon I hope!! :)
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
P
Restaurant food was low quality on Sunday morning . Rooms are beautiful . Grounds need lots of work on their upkeep .Staff was wonderful . Over all a nice stay
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
D Burke
"Perfect getaway"
We booked for two nights and everything was there for a perfect getaway! Free canoe rentals, pool, hot tub, sauna and no flies or misquitos! I would suggest to go to the restaurant down the street, the fancy one in the hotel was pricey and my meal was just okay. No fridge in the room either. I
2 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not what I expected"
The standard room I was given had a nice soft bed which I love but there was no comfortable chair or sofa to sit in. I was most disappointed with the TV. It was small, outdated and had only one station worth watching "OLN", the other few stations were weather, news and sports. The picture quality was bad and not even a remote. The window AC kept making loud popping noises and woke me up a few times so I ended up just shutting it off.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Charlie
"Nice and peaceful"
Stayed in a suite overlooking the lake , the view was great and worth the upgrade. breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing, but servers were very nice and polite. Try the neighboring restaurent ( the dam mill) great atmosphere... Will be coming back to Christie's Mill inn if we were in the area
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2013