All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
8630 Duncan Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15237, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Nice enough, but nothing special"
I was glad to find nicer accommodations with a last second reservation. While there really was nothing "wrong" with the hotel, I just felt there was nothing special. Beyond the obvious benefit of having a small studio with most of a kitchen and sitting area, there were odd inadequacies. (For example, a nice pull out dining table, with ONE chair in the room. A very comfortable king size bed, with a grand total of two small pillows.) I might have appreciated the added space and amenities in the room more if my stay was longer, but I have no major complaints about the room. The free "breakfast" buffet was sad. More and more hotel chains are forgoing a reasonable selection of foods. The ubiquitous waffles were the only warm food, but you had a choice of buckwheat or nothing else at the single waffle maker. Again, nothing really major to complain about. I guess I expected more for my money. The location was a bit farther out of the city than I preferred, but relatively convenient for northern suburbs. Not a lot within walking distance, but then that's true for most Pittsburgh suburban locations. If you are just looking for a one or two night stay, look for more affordable options in the area (like the Comfort or Hampton Inns farther south on McKnight). If you need a longer stay, desire more space and some semblance of a kitchen, it probably would be recommended. But don't expect anything to wow you.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay"
Was in town to visit my mother at a nearby Assisted Living Facility less than two miles away. Loved the proximity and not having to deal with McKnight Rd. traffic. Nearby stores and restaurants were also great. The free breakfast was amazing. Not the usual "continental". There were so many choices that included eggs, meat and cheese. The workout room was great too. Only complaint was I would have liked a few more bars of soap in the bathroom.
2 night trip May 24, 2015
Mary Jo
"the perfect home away from home"
I was back home in Pittsburgh for my son's wedding. I stayed 6 days & hotel 2 suite was the perfect place to stay in & very close to my sons home. Very comfortable, safe, friendly, courteous staff. I will absolutely definitely stay here again!
6 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Gotta try it!"
Have stayed here many times. They always give us the same smoking room. Has everything we need. Would like fresh cooked breakfast instead of pre-made nuke ones though. We keep staying there because of convenience, smoking room and consistency of cleanliness and amenities.
3 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Kathleen
"Modern but lack of integrity was disappointing"
Stayed as a stop-over for a long road trip both ways; checking in late was no problem either time. Relatively new hotel so interior is nice and fixtures are modern. Front desk staff was very pleasant. However, I very obviously left something in the room when I checked out and it was not returned to the hotel lost and found. I understand that it was my responsibility to not leave personal possessions in the hotel, but I am so disappointed in the lack of honesty and integrity of the housekeeping staff that I would think VERY seriously about recommending this hotel to anyone else.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
D Roxanne
Cleanliness of room and Hotel was excellent Hotel location was very close to UPMC Passavant
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"great place to stay"
Hotel was very spacious and clean. Breakfast was included and wonderful. Lots of room in the suite.
3 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
Tiffany
"Good Hotel Near Pitt"
I love the hotel fitness area, which is brand-new.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
LittleBox
A very nice hotel, new and in great condition. The breakfast was good, the room very nice and comfortable, and the pool great.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Barry
Family member having a procedure done at UPMC. In the room Sink drain plug broken. Minimal hot breakfast choice. Oatmeal, waffle, microwave sandwich. Overall comfortable stay for actual time I spent in room/hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
peggy
"Outstanding experience"
Everything was perfect! It was a comfortable place where I could relax and get my work done. Staying in this hotel was one of the best parts of my trip. I loved that they gave me a temporary membership to LA Fitness, a really nice and huge gym next door.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"Great Experience"
We are from OH and we had our grandsons stay with us. They live in Pitt and their water pipes were frozen at home. We all had a terrific time, the boys especially loved the pool and the large room. My son and wife came over to take showers. The staff couldn't have been more friendlier or helpful......they were so nice. The hotel was very clean and comfortable couldn't have asked for more except for the weather........it was cold and miserable that's why we stayed inside most of the time. Our checkout time was 11:00 AM but we didn't leave till 11:30 and didn't encounter any problems. We definitely will stay at Home 2 again and will recommend it to family and friends. Thanks again for making a snowy weekend very enjoyable.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jan
"Good hotel, just overpriced and dirty"
The hotel looks great on the outside and the staff was nice, but... THE PILLOWS WERE the worst!! So uncomfortable!!! The room was nice, but it was dirty. There was a ring around our tub, trash already in our trash can and it hadn't been vacuumed (Hair, paper, and wrappers needed to be picked up upon walking in the room) . The kitchen was a nice touch, but sticky counter tops and a smelly garbage disposal were very unpleasant. I would've rather had a stove/oven than a dishwasher too. The "Free" breakfast was only subpar. They had nasty pre made microwave ready sandwiches...disgusting whole wheat waffles, AND NO FRUIT! The breakfast drinks (OJ, Strawberry Kiwi Water, Apple Juice and something else) So gross! Each tasted unnatural and worse than store bought. The cereal was fine, then again, that's hard to screw up. Thankfully I could pay cash because who knows how long it would take for the charge to go through on my credit card. They had to put my card on HOLD for reserving the room and even though it was just on HOLD there is still a pending charge on my credit card. I PAID CASH! So why did my card have to be entered if it was only to hold the room? I think the best part of my experience was leaving and going home.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
T
"Great place felt less than welcome"
Thought it might have been the time of day I checked in that the one of the ladies made me feel less than welcome. But the next morning a different lady gave me a kind of I guess I'll help you kind of attitude. The facility is new and the trims were well worth it. Could of been me but the welcome was not what I expected from a Hilton Hotel Staff members.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
marc
"Nice and quiet"
Great place to stay and close to the city. Will stay there again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Very nice room. Great staff."
Heater was noisy but conveniently had two controllers. Nice kitchen area. Comfiest bed. Very clean. Nice staff from desk workers to the breakfast guy.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"good place"
Great place....good free breakfast each morning and great coffee offered all day.
6 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
It was fine, we were within three miles of our sons home.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Ed
"great stay over the holidays"
Great hotel. Wonderful service.Breakfast was very good.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Edward
"Excellent."
The stay was very good. The hotel and room were in excellent condition. The front desk staff were very attentive and helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Carlos
"Good but heat/air is to close to the bed"
Food excellent room great except for heating and air conditioners to close to bed
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
captain 5 k
"Like home...nearly"
Room feels like home. Personnel could be a little more attentive. Breakfast finish at 9AM. At 8:50 they are taking stuff away
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Family visit"
Very enjoyable. Cooperative staff.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Beverly
"Nice Modern Hotel"
Really liked this hotel and I'll come back here again. It was clean, modern in a great location and had a nice breakfast bar
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Matthew
"Nice hotel in a convenient location"
This is a nice hotel. It's pretty new and not too far from restaurants and shopping. It was clean and safe and has big rooms. Not a big deal but the breakfast was pretty weak.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great location if visiting Passavant Hospital"
Cleanliness of room was excellent Hotel amenities excellent Hotel location was great for UPMC Passavant - McCandless Hospital
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Stylish and comfy at a great price"
We're in Pittsburgh once or twice a year for a family get together. Home2 is just a few minutes from my sister-in-law's home and so makes a perfect base for the weekend. Rooms are stylish and comfortable. The staff are uniformly friendly and accommodating. And the pool makes for a great way to entertain the smallest kids for a few hours. My only complaint is that the heating/air conditioning units in the rooms are quite noisy and the on/off process can make for difficult sleeping.
Kathlene
"Nice, but not very clean!"
The room itself was nice with modern décor, but the bathroom was dirty (I'll spare you the exact details, but for the money, I shouldn't have to clean up other people's bodily fluids!). Yuck!
"Great Hotel Considering..."
I liked this hotel a lot, but I would like to give two thoughts. The hotel was not quiet at all. I could hear everything that happened close to my room from the hall and what other people were watching on T.V. That surprised me a bit. Also, and I know this isn't necessarily the hotels fault, but there was a constant smell of smoke coming through our vents. I want aware that there were smoking rooms, and I think someone was just being a typical addicted smoker and breaking the rules, but it made for an unpleasant stay many nights.
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
robert
"Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh review"
Cleanliness of room/hotel was excellent Hotel location was just a few miles from UPMC Passavant - McCandless Hospital
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"ok"
good
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
Phil
"Great for longer stays"
We only stayed 3 nights here, but enjoyed the hotel as a base for visiting the Pittsburgh area. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and well-appointed. They have a full-sized refrigerator, a dishwasher, microwave, and a portable stove-top is available for free. There is a sofa, and lots of table space. One complaint about the room was that the bed was pushed nearly up against the heater, which blew air on the sleeper on that side. The heater itself was very quiet. Also, the refrigerator had a strong whine that was irritating through the night. The wifi was free. Breakfast was pretty standard, but the area was very small and crowded. The hotel is located north of Pittsburgh, in McCandless, but only about a 20 minute drive to downtown, and much cheaper than downtown locations. We would definitely consider staying there again.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great!!"
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast has so many options and it's probably the best that I've come across. Thus was my second stay and I'll use this hotel when I'm in the city again
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
georgeann
"Clean, relaxing and convenient."
Excellent service and cleanliness. I will be back on my next trip.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Sara
"Good Family Hotel"
The curtain in the room is nice to separate small children without having to buy a second room. It was a very comfortable hotel and the price was great for all of the amenities and things available.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Excellent stay!!"
Excellent stay! Helpful and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Lucy
"Comfortable"
Very pleasant, clean, spacious. Pool, breakfast,pleasant,staff.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Jack
Just needed more pillows. Bed was comfortable. Nice lounging couch to watch a little tv. Shower was great. Thanks for letting us stay.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Not worth the salt"
The hotel close proximity to the college that had me in Pittsburgh. It's location seems rather distant from either shopping or dining places. It boast of a shuttle system which leaves a lot to be desired. We had to use an alternative travel system by using " Jay" private service which was the high note of our stay there. We called a taxi service which said they will be there in 20 minutes and never showed!! The staff at reception truly lacked customer service skills. The breakfast was same old same ole day after day. For a " new facility" it doesn't have the pull to have me or my family waste time staying there again. I believe that the whole staff from management down needs to Have training in customer service.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Drue
"Fantastic hotel"
Breakfast was amazing. The best free breakfast I've ever had. The beds comfy, it was quiet and clean! Definitely recommend
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Andrea
"Nice location & Best Price in North Pittsburgh"
Overall stay was good, very calm & clean place. We got everything all we want. Breakfast is served from 6 AM to 10 AM which helps early birds.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"comfortable/affordable family getaway"
Our room was very clean and the staff was very helpful finding local places to eat with young children. There was a wide selection for breakfast which was included.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Mom Chris
"Great hotel just outside the city"
Awesome place to stay. Especially with family. Rooms are very clean and big.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"newly built"
accomedations were nice did not care for breakfast offered at all or seating available for it. also hard to get into from the road.other than that a very nice place to stay
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Horrible horrible horrible"
The hotel claimed it didn't have a record of my booking made with hotels.com. All rooms at the hotel were booked, as were all hotels within a half-hour drive. The management claims this happens a lot, but had no contingency plan in place for honoring reservations that were mysteriously lost. Management was also rude and unhelpful. The hotel tried to blame hotels.com (classic strategy of turfing the issue to someone else), but they should also have a better resolution to this issue than simply sending folks on their way. Hilton's customer service phone line was equally useless, said these matters were dealt with at the level of the individual hotel, but it speaks to a larger issue of why the hotel chain allows reservations through a website where a miscommunication is going on between systems that results in many reservations being lost. That's a systemic issue. Needless to say I'm going to avoid Hilton properties and booking on hotels.com in the future. Why take on the risk of not having a reservation honored?
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
"Kept their dedication to customer satisfaction."
The reason why I booked this particular hotel was because they had a pool where my kids could swim....that way we could make our little visit to the Pittsburgh area into more of a vacation. But there was a problem with the pool, so they closed it during our stay. When I went to check out, I brought that up and the front desk said that management approved paying my bill at 100% for my inconvenience. That's what I call customer satisfaction! Very spacious beautiful room...too bad we only stayed one night.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Excellent choice between moving"
It was a full size spacious studio apartment except lack of stove. But some units are equipped with or you can request for induction stove top and pans. It was perfect for us staying here before moving to new place after closing our home.
10 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"I loved it"
This was one of the unset hotels I have ever stayed at! The staff was friendly, the rooms were amazing! If I come back to Pittsburgh this will be the hotel I get again! Highly recommend it to everyone
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Zack L.
"Well thought out, very modern and functional"
First time at this type of Hilton, we really liked the abundance of outlets and the privacy curtain was a major plus
3 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Bob J
"Home2Suites - McCandless, PA"
Housekeeping never came made up my bed or did any light housekeeping. There was also a fire alarm one morning, and we evacuated, but no member of the staff evacuated, gave instructions, or gave the all clear to go back into the hotel.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014