All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Great room
"Culturally Fun"
The concept is great, with the gallery attached and the profit going to a socially just cause, but the rooms are not set up for 2 easily and the ease of getting to and from your car in the sketchy neighborhood is more for single guests who don't mind the street people. The breakfast one of the days was especially nice.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"Urban Oasis"
I enjoyed my stay so much, I extended it a day. That pretty much says it all.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay"
It was difficult to find initially but once we narrowed down the block, we were able to locate it. When we parked and went to the door, there was a sign about being after regular check in time so we used the telephone next to the door to call but it went to a voice mail. We were confused because we arrived around 330 pm. I noticed the gallery entrance and as we walked to it, saw a sign that said check in. You must pay for parking, which they lease from another building or park on the street. Once we checked in and went to our room (the Feather Suite), I was pleased it looked like the pictures, although it was smaller than the pictures made it seem. It's within walking distance of the stadiums. We ate at a place down the street called The Pint which has good food. If you aren't comfortable walking around those that are less fortunate, you should ask at check in which way not to go if you plan to walk around. There is a place in the International Village Shopping Center across the street if you need to exchange money - we found that if you used USD, you would end up paying more since they used a 1:1 exchange rate. When we were there it was $1 CAD: $0.73 USD so over time the 1:1 exchange can cost you quite a bit. I would stay there again and would recommend it to others.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
"Would stay there again, its a good value"
Very friendly staff, helpful with maps of the area and suggestions of where to find the tourist attractions. There was a continental breakfast and a breakfast menu in the very beautifully appointed and tasteful common room, but nobody there to cook anything that was listed, the people in the kitchen did not acknowledge us.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Gerda
"Delightful stay."
Met by pleasant receptionist. Asked for a taxi for early morning departure and that was arranged.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
"Great little hotel, lovely staff"
This is a lovely hotel in a busy neighborhood. Great location but there are lots of homeless folks in the area so if you're not comfortable with that then maybe try something else.
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
"We basically enjoyed the stay"
We basically enjoyed the two-night stay. My wife and I were just there to chill. Adrien (evenings at front desk) was very helpful. Maid service was a bit sketchy as was the demand (not Adrien) that we wait until 3 PM for our check-in (we arrived at 2:30). Underground parking was great. Area was so-so. However just a couple blocks to Gastown with cool stuff to do and places to eat. Not sure, but perhaps we would return.
2 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Edwin
"Stay even if you can't pronounce it!"
Beautiful hotel and lovely staff. The neighborhood is a little rough but also full of life and lots of restaurants.
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Deborah
"Very impressed!"
Was very impressed with this place! The beds were very comfortable, the hotel was impeccable, the service was great, and the food was delicious. There's a shop downstairs with some really great aboriginal artwork, some of which is produced onsite at the hotel, in the basement. You can even drop by to watch the artists at work. Very impressive stuff. The only downside at all is the location, which isn't really a deal breaker, IMO. You do have to be careful at night, as the location is close to a homeless population a few blocks away, and things get a little sketchy just to the East. If you stay West of the hotel, however, it's a short walk to Gastown and the rest of downtown Vancouver. All in all, this is a place that I would definitely recommend!
2 night trip Sep 27, 2015
"Thank you, Maggie!"
Maggie at the front desk, who I believe is the General Manager, was so wonderful! She helped us with so much, by recommending great places to go and see. She gave us directions to good restaurants and called us a taxi too! She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and get to know Vancouver. So appreciative of her service! The place itself is so cool and has an art gallery below. Each room is a little different and has the COZIEST bed, plus feels very upgraded! It also has a lot of history and amazing Native American tradition throughout, as well as hand-carved furniture! The only downfall is that the neighborhood is a little sketchy if you go in one certain direction. Not bad or dangerous, just sketchy. However, it is walking distance to so much! Overall, I thought it was a really cool place to stay! Better and more personal experience than just your standard hotel, if you like something that is unique but still clean and comfortable!
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Katherine
"perfect weekend getaway"
great staff, impeccable rooms with unique decorations. Good location to gastown but lots of homeless and drugs in immediate vicinty. Wouldn't want to be out late. Very secure parking though
3 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
clarence
"Great Boutique Hotel In Ok Part of Town"
The Skawachays Lodge is a wonderful boutique hotel in Vancouver's Chinatown. It is a very short walk to Gastown, which is near the water and has tons of shops and restaurants. The room was lovely, and the staff was so helpful with our myriad of questions on how to get from the hotel to various sights. The hotel provided grab and go breakfast, which was super convenient and tasty. The one downside was its very close to what looked like a methadone clinic and there were tons of homeless folks hanging out. However, the ones we saw didn't bother us at all and we never felt unsafe.
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Unique Hotel"
Nice Hotel....love the First Nation connection and all the native art. A little bit of a sketchy area in the process of redevelopment
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
The parking garage and parking arrangements are terrible. You have to walk out into an alley full of homeless in order to get to the Main Street to enter the door. It is confusing and not well lighted. Not recommend for families as the area outside is full of sketchy characters on drugs and aggressive. Side and depressing view of Vancouver. Would not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"I give the Skwachayas Lodge and Hotels.com a zero"
The hotel was difficult to get to due to construction. It was located in a seedy and unsafe neighborhood so I called hotels.com to cancel. It should not have even been offered by hotels.com. I was told I would be charged for 1 night. I asked Josh at Hotels.com to help me find another place to stay. He told me that in all of Vancouver, a city of 2 million people there were only two openings for one thousand dollars CDN a night. I told him I could not believe this. We found a room at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights for $299 CDN and $285 a night.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Excellent boutique hotel"
This was really a surprise gem. Great location, an easy walk to Gas Town, Waterfront and Chinatown. Superb staff, very friendly and focused on the first nation art and culture. Hotel lobby is a gallery with beautiful native art and the hotel really enhanced our stay!
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Ruth
"Mediocre hotel, location questionable"
The hotel itself offered a clean room, and was within walking distance to most popular places in Vancouver. HOWEVER, the area around the hotel was seedy and felt dangerous. There were many homeless people nearby, and the hotel entrance did not feel extremely safe.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Really neat hotel"
The staff was so helpful in answering my question over the phone and email before I arrived. The Skwachays Lodge is a quirky little boutique hotel just outside the Chinatown gates, which makes for interesting people watching. The hop on/hop off bus stop is about two blocks, which convenient for touring the city.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
weezy
"nice hotel, close to Olympic Village"
Staff is friendly, room is clean and bed is comfortable. Area around the hotel is not very clean and nice, but we were very pleased with the hotel itself and our stay.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Hard to find"
The hotel was extremely hard to find due to the fact that the lobby is in an art gallery. And no big sign or awning. Expedia may want to put that in the advertising for the hotel. But once I finally found it the staff was exceptionally nice and helpfull. Great secure parking under the building. The rooms were very comfortable with aboriginal themes. My stay was very pleasant. I am glad I booked that motel. But a tip on the location would be really helpful to others.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
karin
"Fantastic!"
Excellent accommodations. The hotel was recently opened and is absolutely impeccable. The room was extremely clean and well appointed. I had Rm 508 which had a balcony and featured gorgeous art work from an aboriginal artist, as well as a 30 ft dream pole. Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and provided us with a lot of local information and tips. The hotel has an aboriginal gallery and a lovely dining/seating area where you can relax in the evening with a glass of wine. There is even a smudge room, sweat lodge and waterfall on the 6th floor. The neighborhood is a little run down but we walked around in the evening unbothered.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
"A Gem That's a Short Walk to the Roger's Arena"
Loved the hotel and how close it was to the Rogers Arena where we went to see a concert. The hotel is great, the service was outstanding... the only negative is that then immediate neighborhood really needs to be cleaned up.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"A true boutique experience"
Great small, relatively new establishment within short walking distance of the stadium and waterfront. Wonderful staff, very clean and comfortable. Not all of the conveniences of those business/chain hotels, but much nicer people and better overall accomodations.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Fantastic service and art
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Stay!"
We had a great stay at the hotel. The staff was great! We stayed there twice a week apart. Each room is unique and designed by a First Nations artist and it is so nice to feel that your hotel stay is doing something positive. I loved bring able to have a chef cooked meal and hang out in the welcome room. We were there for games at the BC Place stadium and it is easy walking distance (also to the hockey arena).Had very easy access to public transit to anywhere we wanted to go in Vancouver and the staff was great at helping us figure out how to use that. I was there with my 15 year old granddaughter and, even though the area is not the greatest, we felt safe walking around together. The hotel had very good security.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Madeleine G
"Decent hotel. Pros/cons"
Pros: great security, very helpful staff, fridge in all rooms, great decor. Cons: king bed room was very small, poor shower pressure, must ask staff to get ice for you from downstairs, the block the hotel is located on was not very safe for walking with kids (many homeless/drugs after 6pm). no views of any kind.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Justin
"Nice hotel and gallery"
This hotel is located in a perfect place - a block from Chinatown and in downtown. It has a wonderful system to keep us safe. Good job!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Beatriz
"Amazing Concept Well Executed"
I simply can't say enough about this hotel. The concept is a great one and its extremely well executed. And the value for what you get for what you spend is what really makes it worthwhile. The only downside is the neighborhood which while not horrible isn't great. But really, if thats what keeps the price down, it seems like a fair trade.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2015
"Unsuitable for the business traveller"
First of all, let me say that I missed the "Limited hour front desk" in the fine print; needed to book a hotel for the same day and get on the road all within 10 minutes. The on-line pictures of the rooms looked nice, and once I got into the room I found this to be the case. The hotel is located in a very dodgy part of downtown Vancouver, the infamous "Vancouver downtown eastside". The interior of the hotel and the rooms are all quite nice, recently updated, clean, etc... but the parking turned out to be a deal-breaker. The parking is self-service; you drive down the alley for half a block and use a key fob to raise the gate of a parking garage. Scroungy-looking mid-20's males on bicycles don't just normally hang out in alleys 100 ft from the street at 1am for the social interaction. So you can run the risk of someone following you down into the parking garage as you drive in. But there's no way from inside the parking garage back into the hotel; you have to walk back up the ramp, out into the alley, and down the alley about 50 ft to a non-descript door in the back of the building. Once you enter the building, you're in the bowels of the hotel, so you also need to ensure thatno one follows you into the building. You'd be stuck in what's essentially the fire stairs with some person who's followed you in from the alley.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"FIFA World Cup stay"
Fantastic stay! What a beautiful, peaceful, friendly boutique hotel. The staff was the best I have ever experienced. The room was so quiet we actually slept thru the night - in a hotel no less!! I highly recommend and will stay here the next time we are in Vancouver - the bed was fabulous. By the way, we were here for the FIFA Women's World Cup game - walk to the stadium was about 5 minutes - perfect location for going to the stadiums!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Dawn
This is a boutique hotel. Skwachays is close to gas town which has lots of bars and restaurants. It is also close the BC place, Costco and a tram station. Both are only a couple of blocks away. The hotel rooms are on the small side but there is a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms. The rooms also have a coffee maker although one time I was there they only had decaf in my room, I was able to get a regular coffee downstairs and the staff provided me with a regular pouch upon my request. One suggestion for guests is to request a room with a balcony, it makes the room seem larger.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Artistic Retreat"
If you would like to sleep in an art work, this is the place for you. Each room is designed by an artist as art. Although my room lacked some practicality, I understand the concept. However, if you are somewhat mobility impaired, please tell the staff when making your reservation. The "gathering" room is just behind the Gallery and is extremely inviting. There is comfortable seating in front of a beautiful gas fireplace and tables with chairs as well. Coffee and teas are always available. The only slight downside to this sanctuary is location. Although convenient to buses, there are always a number of "lost souls" in the immediate area.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Beautiful First Nations art experience"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, so different from a chain/corporate style of hotel. We showed up early, but they were gracious about storing our luggage for a couple hours and then getting us into a room before posted check-in time. The downstairs gallery provided a preview, but once we got into our room we were blown away by the whole-wall painted animal motif and nice furniture. It was great to also have the "modern" comforts of cable TV, wireless internet that worked, and a fridge + microwave in the room (though it was a bit odd they provided reusable cups/glasses but no cutlery, and to actually eat in our room we had to hunt some down). Also, we had a north-facing window and enjoyed the view of the distant mountains as well as the nearby community garden. I would definitely try to stay here again if I were to have another opportunity to spend time in Van City!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
churrito
"Cultural, artistic, educational."
We were in Vancouver on a weekend getaway, and Skwachày's Lodge provided a beautiful, friendly cultural experience to our trip. This hotel is located just outside the gates of Vancouver's Chinatown. All of the people working there are First Nations people- everybody was wonderful and went out of their way to ensure we felt comfortable and welcome. They also took patience in explaining any of the questions we had about native culture and traditions. When else can a hotel stay be such a educational and culturally enriching experience?
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Uwe
"Good value."
Friendly service and clean room.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"great hotel"
Hotel was great, would stay there again for sure.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
albert
"Nice but neighborhood a little sketchy"
This hotel was so nice and unique but I do wish it had been a few blocks north...just avoid Hastings St and you should be okay! We weren't out at all after dark but I'm not sure I would have wanted to be. Also breakfast is just fruit, donut holes and granola bars but the coffee and tea selection were impressive. Nice gift shop too.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Robin
"I'll stay there again"
Wonderful rooms and surprisingly quiet considering the neighborhood... almost too many restaurants and pubs to choose from in the neighborhood!! Parking is an issue, and I think the city should give them a load/unload zone in front of hotel as it is difficult to check in without parking illegally. Staff was very welcoming and informative sbout hotel. Love the artwork throughout and gallery has amazing pieces at fair prices.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Fantastic hotel and great staff! Hotel close to everything! Rooms are just wonderful!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
g
"A luxurious, artistic, warm, friendly lodge."
Skwachays Lodge is so dang beautiful! It's full of original native art, even in the guest rooms. The beds are heavenly and the linens are thick and rich. The rooms are so clean, the bathrooms are not huge but have everything one needs - even their house soaps/shampoos, etc., are local, organic products which we used instead of our own. The staff are warm and engaging and always ready to give info on a piece of art, or just talk for a few. Their gift shop made my AMX weep, but each item was by a native artist and was one of a kind. We even met one of the artists. The neighborhood is not the absolute best, but just a couple blocks down and your in the historic gas lamp district with amazing restaurants, outdoor cafes, native art and fabulous shopping for all. I never felt my safety compromised in any way. The lodge's safety features are tight - one can stay with no worries. I was so at home at Skwachays that I will visit anytime I'm in Vancouver. This place now has a spot in my heart.
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Laurie
"Loved it!"
Great location, staff was super nice and accommodating and the room was very nicely done and comfortable. Staff helped on late check-in and a late check out. Doesn't look like much from outside but it is very nice inside. We were in the raven room - well done, bed was SUPER comfortable. FYI, if you want to be near gastown and the bars/restaurants, unfortunately you are going to have some homeless around, no matter what hotel. Loved my stay, loved the hotel. We ended up not renting a car since we walked or took the trolley everywhere. Would stay again.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!"
Wow, this place was a treat. I felt so spoiled. Great room, updated, clean, just exactly what one would want. Pretty good area to travel by foot for food and shopping. Hotel service was so great! I felt really safe, it's like Fort Knox there. Be sure to ask about how the rooms were designed if they don't mention it, its an interesting story! This is on my very small list of places I would make a point to stay at again if traveling in the area.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
"A hidden gem in Vancouver"
This is a beautiful little hotel that supports a great cause. Some may complain that the surrounding area is not the prettiest or wealthiest. However, the hotel provides access to wonderful restaurants and attraction within walking distance. In room bathrobes are a nice plus. The staff is very friendly. Be sure to visit the gallery! We will definitely stay there every time we visits Vancouver.
5 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Perfection"
Love this place. Great location close to Rogers Arena (you can walk) and in the gaslamp district. Great artistry. I love that the hotel supports the native artists. Rooms were a unique and creative design. Continental breakfast was delicious. A perfect 5!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
melissa
"Great concept with individualized rooms."
Uniquely designed thematic rooms with native North American art and decor. Super convenient to downtown Vancouver and the Rogers Centre. Prices are very fair given how nicely the room was appointed. Breakfast (from menu, not the continental breakfast which is included) was outstanding. Staff is excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Dawn and Mark
"Almost a perfect 10."
This unique boutique hotel was an excellent change of pace from the routine. I enjoyed the decore, the room was great, solid built for quiet nights, great bedding and bathroom amenities were perfect. if only the a/c worked right or if there were directions on how to use as it was somewhat confusing - and I travel a lot! ( I know how to work the different types) I just opened windows as it was perfect cool evening for fresh air. I will visit again! Good restaurants all around!
2 night business trip May 19, 2015
Greg
The hotel rooms are works of art and very comfortable. It's a business district location and a few blocks away is dodgy; however, felt very safe in the hotel (couple). Would not recommend to women traveling alone only because of the neighborhood.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Fun Experience"
This hotel is near China Town and Gas Town, which provided for a lot of walking opportunities. I loved the ambiance of the hotel, and the breakfast was wonderful and unique. :)
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Anne
Wonderful experience, very friendly and dedicated staff, clean room with more amenities than we were expecting. Great location near Rogers Arena and lots of good restaurants. Secure parking was great to have in that area.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Rebecca
"Great hotel near Gastown"
Very good hotel and an enjoyable stay. Really great location to get to Gastown restaurants. The hotel is in excellent condition and the room was very clean. The A/C was not working, which made the room warm, but fans were available to circulate the air.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015