All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
31 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1R3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fantastic!"
Excellent accommodations. The hotel was recently opened and is absolutely impeccable. The room was extremely clean and well appointed. I had Rm 508 which had a balcony and featured gorgeous art work from an aboriginal artist, as well as a 30 ft dream pole. Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and provided us with a lot of local information and tips. The hotel has an aboriginal gallery and a lovely dining/seating area where you can relax in the evening with a glass of wine. There is even a smudge room, sweat lodge and waterfall on the 6th floor. The neighborhood is a little run down but we walked around in the evening unbothered.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
"A Gem That's a Short Walk to the Roger's Arena"
Loved the hotel and how close it was to the Rogers Arena where we went to see a concert. The hotel is great, the service was outstanding... the only negative is that then immediate neighborhood really needs to be cleaned up.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"A true boutique experience"
Great small, relatively new establishment within short walking distance of the stadium and waterfront. Wonderful staff, very clean and comfortable. Not all of the conveniences of those business/chain hotels, but much nicer people and better overall accomodations.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Fantastic service and art
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Stay!"
We had a great stay at the hotel. The staff was great! We stayed there twice a week apart. Each room is unique and designed by a First Nations artist and it is so nice to feel that your hotel stay is doing something positive. I loved bring able to have a chef cooked meal and hang out in the welcome room. We were there for games at the BC Place stadium and it is easy walking distance (also to the hockey arena).Had very easy access to public transit to anywhere we wanted to go in Vancouver and the staff was great at helping us figure out how to use that. I was there with my 15 year old granddaughter and, even though the area is not the greatest, we felt safe walking around together. The hotel had very good security.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Madeleine G
"Amazing Concept Well Executed"
I simply can't say enough about this hotel. The concept is a great one and its extremely well executed. And the value for what you get for what you spend is what really makes it worthwhile. The only downside is the neighborhood which while not horrible isn't great. But really, if thats what keeps the price down, it seems like a fair trade.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2015
"Unsuitable for the business traveller"
First of all, let me say that I missed the "Limited hour front desk" in the fine print; needed to book a hotel for the same day and get on the road all within 10 minutes. The on-line pictures of the rooms looked nice, and once I got into the room I found this to be the case. The hotel is located in a very dodgy part of downtown Vancouver, the infamous "Vancouver downtown eastside". The interior of the hotel and the rooms are all quite nice, recently updated, clean, etc... but the parking turned out to be a deal-breaker. The parking is self-service; you drive down the alley for half a block and use a key fob to raise the gate of a parking garage. Scroungy-looking mid-20's males on bicycles don't just normally hang out in alleys 100 ft from the street at 1am for the social interaction. So you can run the risk of someone following you down into the parking garage as you drive in. But there's no way from inside the parking garage back into the hotel; you have to walk back up the ramp, out into the alley, and down the alley about 50 ft to a non-descript door in the back of the building. Once you enter the building, you're in the bowels of the hotel, so you also need to ensure thatno one follows you into the building. You'd be stuck in what's essentially the fire stairs with some person who's followed you in from the alley.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"FIFA World Cup stay"
Fantastic stay! What a beautiful, peaceful, friendly boutique hotel. The staff was the best I have ever experienced. The room was so quiet we actually slept thru the night - in a hotel no less!! I highly recommend and will stay here the next time we are in Vancouver - the bed was fabulous. By the way, we were here for the FIFA Women's World Cup game - walk to the stadium was about 5 minutes - perfect location for going to the stadiums!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Dawn
"Cultural, artistic, educational."
We were in Vancouver on a weekend getaway, and Skwachày's Lodge provided a beautiful, friendly cultural experience to our trip. This hotel is located just outside the gates of Vancouver's Chinatown. All of the people working there are First Nations people- everybody was wonderful and went out of their way to ensure we felt comfortable and welcome. They also took patience in explaining any of the questions we had about native culture and traditions. When else can a hotel stay be such a educational and culturally enriching experience?
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Uwe
"Good value."
Friendly service and clean room.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"great hotel"
Hotel was great, would stay there again for sure.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
albert
"Nice but neighborhood a little sketchy"
This hotel was so nice and unique but I do wish it had been a few blocks north...just avoid Hastings St and you should be okay! We weren't out at all after dark but I'm not sure I would have wanted to be. Also breakfast is just fruit, donut holes and granola bars but the coffee and tea selection were impressive. Nice gift shop too.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Robin
"I'll stay there again"
Wonderful rooms and surprisingly quiet considering the neighborhood... almost too many restaurants and pubs to choose from in the neighborhood!! Parking is an issue, and I think the city should give them a load/unload zone in front of hotel as it is difficult to check in without parking illegally. Staff was very welcoming and informative sbout hotel. Love the artwork throughout and gallery has amazing pieces at fair prices.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"A luxurious, artistic, warm, friendly lodge."
Skwachays Lodge is so dang beautiful! It's full of original native art, even in the guest rooms. The beds are heavenly and the linens are thick and rich. The rooms are so clean, the bathrooms are not huge but have everything one needs - even their house soaps/shampoos, etc., are local, organic products which we used instead of our own. The staff are warm and engaging and always ready to give info on a piece of art, or just talk for a few. Their gift shop made my AMX weep, but each item was by a native artist and was one of a kind. We even met one of the artists. The neighborhood is not the absolute best, but just a couple blocks down and your in the historic gas lamp district with amazing restaurants, outdoor cafes, native art and fabulous shopping for all. I never felt my safety compromised in any way. The lodge's safety features are tight - one can stay with no worries. I was so at home at Skwachays that I will visit anytime I'm in Vancouver. This place now has a spot in my heart.
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Laurie
"Loved it!"
Great location, staff was super nice and accommodating and the room was very nicely done and comfortable. Staff helped on late check-in and a late check out. Doesn't look like much from outside but it is very nice inside. We were in the raven room - well done, bed was SUPER comfortable. FYI, if you want to be near gastown and the bars/restaurants, unfortunately you are going to have some homeless around, no matter what hotel. Loved my stay, loved the hotel. We ended up not renting a car since we walked or took the trolley everywhere. Would stay again.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!"
Wow, this place was a treat. I felt so spoiled. Great room, updated, clean, just exactly what one would want. Pretty good area to travel by foot for food and shopping. Hotel service was so great! I felt really safe, it's like Fort Knox there. Be sure to ask about how the rooms were designed if they don't mention it, its an interesting story! This is on my very small list of places I would make a point to stay at again if traveling in the area.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
"A hidden gem in Vancouver"
This is a beautiful little hotel that supports a great cause. Some may complain that the surrounding area is not the prettiest or wealthiest. However, the hotel provides access to wonderful restaurants and attraction within walking distance. In room bathrobes are a nice plus. The staff is very friendly. Be sure to visit the gallery! We will definitely stay there every time we visits Vancouver.
5 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Perfection"
Love this place. Great location close to Rogers Arena (you can walk) and in the gaslamp district. Great artistry. I love that the hotel supports the native artists. Rooms were a unique and creative design. Continental breakfast was delicious. A perfect 5!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
melissa
"Almost a perfect 10."
This unique boutique hotel was an excellent change of pace from the routine. I enjoyed the decore, the room was great, solid built for quiet nights, great bedding and bathroom amenities were perfect. if only the a/c worked right or if there were directions on how to use as it was somewhat confusing - and I travel a lot! ( I know how to work the different types) I just opened windows as it was perfect cool evening for fresh air. I will visit again! Good restaurants all around!
2 night business trip May 19, 2015
Greg
"Fun Experience"
This hotel is near China Town and Gas Town, which provided for a lot of walking opportunities. I loved the ambiance of the hotel, and the breakfast was wonderful and unique. :)
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Anne
"Great hotel near Gastown"
Very good hotel and an enjoyable stay. Really great location to get to Gastown restaurants. The hotel is in excellent condition and the room was very clean. The A/C was not working, which made the room warm, but fans were available to circulate the air.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Vancouver Marathon weekend stay"
Like the concept of the hotel and what it is doing for local artists. The neighborhood was very dirty and the large gathering of homeless made it uncomfortable to take a walk and explore. Would not stay again because of how close it is located to the public bath house and very large concentration of homeless people. Hotel staff, was very nice...but not happy that we could not control the temp in our room. We had to ask for it to be set, it never did get set for us, but they did bring up an extra fan for us to use.
5 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Kenneth
"Hockey road Trip"
The staff was excellent, helpful and accommodating, Adrian and Caroline went out of their way to make us comfortable. Hotel is located DOWNTOWN but close to Gastown (restaurants), Rogers Center (Hockey) and the BC Center. Very unique art gallery in the lobby made for easy shopping for the ones at home.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Gil
Fantastic hotel, welcoming and helpful staff. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great Vancouver hotel"
I really enjoyed staying here. The hotel is on the edge of Gastown/ downtown gentrification so the neighborhood can be a mix but it is really close to some great places to eat, a movie theater, a drug store, a starbucks, and China town. It's a really great hotel and I love the social enterprising aspect of this - the hotel pays for subsidizing the rent of aboriginal artists who live in the same building block... and the gallery in the lobby shows the work of these artists. It's a new hotel (only open since August) and is clean, really interesting, and has a lovely lounge and breakfast service.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"This hotel exceed my expectations."
This hotel exceed my expectations.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Rich History with Great Hospitality"
Skwachays Lodge has a wonderful rich history and is a great place to stay during a visit to Vancouver. The hotel staff is amazingly warm, friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there if I made another trip to Vancouver
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Friendly, unique hotel"
Had a great stay here. The staff are warm and friendly, and the hotel is beautiful and unique, with original art by indigenous artists, toiletries from an indigenous-run company, and everything well designed. It was terrific having access to the living room for tea or to borrow dishes. The safety of the area constantly gets addressed in reviews. Our take: it's true that there are lots of panhandlers and homeless, especially at night, and other guests told us that the alley for parking feels dodgy. But we never felt physically threatened. Some might be put off by it. However, for us, the proximity to Gastown and Chinatown balanced it out. You're also right near several key bus lines that will take you to Granville Island, UBC, and other spots.
5 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Fantastic experience! Beautiful and brand new. Lovely rooms, artistic detail, includes light breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Skwachays Lodge Vancouver BC"
Great room that was clean and well maintained. little extras like local soaps and shampoos were supplied. Close walk to Rogers arena and local eateries. Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
michael
"Calmness"
Stayed for one night , very helpful front desk , the art in the room was beautiful
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
We stayed here for one night. The staff was very polite and the room quality was good, as they have refurbished recently.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Ashish
"Great location, cool hotel"
Convenient location, great service, well-designed hotel. Easy walk to Chinatown or Gastown. Parking is in the alley behind the hotel. There's probably no place to park until they let you into the garage, so just park in the alley to the east and run inside. Would definitely come back and recommend to others!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Matthew
This place is amazing! Great customer service and a amazing non-profit. I love the expression of culture, art, and good service for those in the community. Knowing I was staying in a place that was a non-profit and is helping others is the best investment one can make :) The hotel is gorgeous, clean and unique rooms, I felt at home and its right downtown next to the sky train :D I recommend it for anyone wanting their money to go towards good and wants a unique experience :)
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
Kat
Great for people who are seeking an Aboriginal Experience. Staff were very friendly and proud of the facilities . Great value for the price.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Kirk
"Great hotel, couple of flaws"
Great room, very clean, well met and checked in. Two major issues which put a dampener on the stay. 1) Air conditioning - Regardless of all three of my rooms informing reception and a number of other guests the room temperatures were just too hot. The AC control was not controllable particularly from the room and each room was up to 27 Degrees Celsius at night... 2) I arrived back late one night at 1am, my key did not work for the room so I informed security as there is not a 24 hour reception desk. Security spent over 20 minutes speaking to management to then inform me that my reservation did not exsist and they would not let me in the room. It was only after I complained and became angry about this did they look again to find my reservation and finally let me in the room. Not a good system in place for late night guests. Pity because the rooms and hotel were nice as were the arrival staff.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"A bit misleading"
The air conditioner did not work. The parking spots are buite inconvenientt. First you need to check-in while your car stands on the street. Then you go back into the car, and drive around to the parking spot. The hotel front-desk person will open the parking door for you. You then park, and drag all your belonging to the outside, and then through another door, to back inside the building.Same with check-out. You get your car out, and keep it on the street. Then go return your parking keyfob, and then run back to your car on the street.The air conditioner did not work. The decor inside the room is good. The flooring is non-carpet. Its just the 5th floor of the building. The view outside the balcony is disgusting, better to keep curtains closed. Again, the airconditioner didnt work. So needed to keep balcony door open, with standing fans running.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"A true diamond in the rough"
Not your average hotel a small place with a limited amount of rooms, the theme... a healing lodge with original native artwork and decor. A true diamond in the rough and a great location if you want to see the nightlife and shop during the day.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
carlos salazar
Very nice. Work in progress.
2 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great!"
This a 501(c3) project recently opened near Chinatown and the Gas Light area of Vanvouver. The first floor is a store with Native American art for sale. The top two floors are for visitors, each room designed by a different artist. The remaining floors are Native American artist studios and living quarters. This a very comfortable hotel and a unique effort.
Response by Skwachàys Lodge
Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you back soon Todd Guest Experience Manager
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great little hotel at the China Town Gate"
Hotel staff called me in advance with instructions for late check in...nice touch. Room was small but extremely tidy and brand new...hotel is spotless!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
East Coaster
"reasonable price for great service!"
This hotel met our needs for a place to stay while visiting for the weekend. The building is really nice; the room is nothing fancy, but definitely clean, warm, and comfortable. The staff is really nice and helpful. Being at the edge of Chinatown, the area is a tad rough, but I did not feel like I was in danger. If I was traveling alone, I may have been apprehensive about going out into the street by myself. I am excited to see the upcoming changes at this hotel; at the time of our visit, the rooms were not yet themed/decorated by artists. I plan to come back and stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2014
"Hidden Gem"
Not in the best location, just make sure to head west and not east for activities outside the hotel. Rooms were clean but contrary to the description some rooms do not have balconies. Make sure to ask for one if you really want it. Couldn't beat the price for a last minute trip over New Years and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2013
"Clean rooms, close to SkyTrain"
The hotel in general was clean. The rooms reminded me of a fancier hostel, however it had everything you needed. It was fairly close to the SkyTrain and Gastown. However since its right by Chinatown, I would be very aware of your surroundings, but since it was close to Gastown, there is a lot of people out and about later at night, so we felt pretty safe. I do recommend that you find your own directions. The hotel staff was not very informative and gave us wrong train directions.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
NC
"Great if you're not doing anything but sleeping."
First of all, we couldn't even find the place, because the entrance to the hotel is through this little hole-in-the-wall gallery. When I called for directions, the person I spoke to on the phone assured me I was on the wrong side of Pender, even though I wasn't. Then, when we finally got to the hotel & checked in at the desk, the person there tried to charge me the entire amount of our stay - including the $250+ that was pre-paid through Hotels.com. (Also, parking is extra.) When we finally got to our room, we found that it was super small & very bare-bones. The bed has just a regular metal frame, the TV is a giant tube set that hums loudly when you turn it on, & the windows & balcony were unusable because they looked directly into other people's residences. Housekeeping was awkward the next morning, as they don't give you "do not disturb" signs to put out, so I had two people try to come into the room while I was getting dressed, & had to yell at them through the door that we were fine & didn't need our bed made. With that said, the room, though small, was clean, & was fine for just sleeping. If you're planning to be out & about in downtown the whole time you stay here, I think this place is probably fine. But if you plan to spend any amount of time in your room, I don't recommend this place.
Response by Skwachàys Lodge
Thank You for your comment Tori, I think that was me who gave you those directions. I apologize for that, I have gotten better with my directions. We appreciate the time you took to post, which gives us feedback to work towards. Michelle & Skwachays Staff
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"close to gas town"
hotel itself was fine. room was clean and staff was friendly. however, hotel is not in safe location especially around parking area. i see bunch of scary people whole day around the hotel. not recommended for family vacation.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Stay in Vancouver"
Needed a 1 night stay in Vancouver before off on our next leg. Chose this hotel because of location. It is close to the railway station and China Town. Hotel was clean, spacious rooms, quiet and convenient.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Unique Hotel"
I really enjoyed our stay at Skwachàys. While not a full service hotel, it had all of the amenities I needed and was within walking distance of everything we did in Vancouver. Staff knowledgeable and friendly. The concept of the hotel was cool and I'd rather stay at a place that actually benefits other people rather than a chain hotel. Would definitely recommend!
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
SM
"Good new hotel."
We were staying just one night between train trips and looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel from which we could explore Vancouver. This one worked just fine for that. We also liked the fact that some of the income from the hotel goes to help indigenous populations. Advantages of this hotel include low cost, walking distance from the train station, and its position right on a bus line to get to downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park. It is also just at the edge of Chinatown and an easy walk to Gastown. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. Best of all was that the lobby was filled with high quality aboriginal art for sale. The downside was a portable window air conditioner that was noisy and not very effective. Also, there were no staff available during the night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
The hotel was close to a lot of tourist destinations (2 or 3 blocks to Gastown, 5-10 min walk from Downtown, 2 doors down from Chinatown, 10 min walk from waterfront & seabus, short bus (#19) ride from Stanley Park), but the block that it is located on was a little sketchy. There were some bums outside of the hotel, however during our 4 night stay no one ever approached us or bothered us in any way. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are new and clean. The amenities are minimal. Our room (two bed standard) had 2 twin beds, a night stand, armoire w/TV, walk in closet, shower w/out tub, fridge, coffee maker, and a set of cabinets in the small kitchenette. We were able to call the front desk and borrow a hair dryer and iron for the duration of our stay. Overall- As long as you don't mind walking through one block of sketchiness on the way home from an evening out, this hotel is a steal for the price.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2013