All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here31 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1R3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Vancouver hotel"
I really enjoyed staying here. The hotel is on the edge of Gastown/ downtown gentrification so the neighborhood can be a mix but it is really close to some great places to eat, a movie theater, a drug store, a starbucks, and China town. It's a really great hotel and I love the social enterprising aspect of this - the hotel pays for subsidizing the rent of aboriginal artists who live in the same building block... and the gallery in the lobby shows the work of these artists. It's a new hotel (only open since August) and is clean, really interesting, and has a lovely lounge and breakfast service.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"This hotel exceed my expectations."
This hotel exceed my expectations.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Rich History with Great Hospitality"
Skwachays Lodge has a wonderful rich history and is a great place to stay during a visit to Vancouver. The hotel staff is amazingly warm, friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there if I made another trip to Vancouver
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Friendly, unique hotel"
Had a great stay here. The staff are warm and friendly, and the hotel is beautiful and unique, with original art by indigenous artists, toiletries from an indigenous-run company, and everything well designed. It was terrific having access to the living room for tea or to borrow dishes. The safety of the area constantly gets addressed in reviews. Our take: it's true that there are lots of panhandlers and homeless, especially at night, and other guests told us that the alley for parking feels dodgy. But we never felt physically threatened. Some might be put off by it. However, for us, the proximity to Gastown and Chinatown balanced it out. You're also right near several key bus lines that will take you to Granville Island, UBC, and other spots.
5 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Fantastic experience! Beautiful and brand new. Lovely rooms, artistic detail, includes light breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Skwachays Lodge Vancouver BC"
Great room that was clean and well maintained. little extras like local soaps and shampoos were supplied. Close walk to Rogers arena and local eateries. Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
michael
"Calmness"
Stayed for one night , very helpful front desk , the art in the room was beautiful
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
We stayed here for one night. The staff was very polite and the room quality was good, as they have refurbished recently.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Ashish
"Great location, cool hotel"
Convenient location, great service, well-designed hotel. Easy walk to Chinatown or Gastown. Parking is in the alley behind the hotel. There's probably no place to park until they let you into the garage, so just park in the alley to the east and run inside. Would definitely come back and recommend to others!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Matthew
This place is amazing! Great customer service and a amazing non-profit. I love the expression of culture, art, and good service for those in the community. Knowing I was staying in a place that was a non-profit and is helping others is the best investment one can make :) The hotel is gorgeous, clean and unique rooms, I felt at home and its right downtown next to the sky train :D I recommend it for anyone wanting their money to go towards good and wants a unique experience :)
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
Kat
Great for people who are seeking an Aboriginal Experience. Staff were very friendly and proud of the facilities . Great value for the price.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Kirk
"Great hotel, couple of flaws"
Great room, very clean, well met and checked in. Two major issues which put a dampener on the stay. 1) Air conditioning - Regardless of all three of my rooms informing reception and a number of other guests the room temperatures were just too hot. The AC control was not controllable particularly from the room and each room was up to 27 Degrees Celsius at night... 2) I arrived back late one night at 1am, my key did not work for the room so I informed security as there is not a 24 hour reception desk. Security spent over 20 minutes speaking to management to then inform me that my reservation did not exsist and they would not let me in the room. It was only after I complained and became angry about this did they look again to find my reservation and finally let me in the room. Not a good system in place for late night guests. Pity because the rooms and hotel were nice as were the arrival staff.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"A bit misleading"
The air conditioner did not work. The parking spots are buite inconvenientt. First you need to check-in while your car stands on the street. Then you go back into the car, and drive around to the parking spot. The hotel front-desk person will open the parking door for you. You then park, and drag all your belonging to the outside, and then through another door, to back inside the building.Same with check-out. You get your car out, and keep it on the street. Then go return your parking keyfob, and then run back to your car on the street.The air conditioner did not work. The decor inside the room is good. The flooring is non-carpet. Its just the 5th floor of the building. The view outside the balcony is disgusting, better to keep curtains closed. Again, the airconditioner didnt work. So needed to keep balcony door open, with standing fans running.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"A true diamond in the rough"
Not your average hotel a small place with a limited amount of rooms, the theme... a healing lodge with original native artwork and decor. A true diamond in the rough and a great location if you want to see the nightlife and shop during the day.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
carlos salazar
Very nice. Work in progress.
2 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great!"
This a 501(c3) project recently opened near Chinatown and the Gas Light area of Vanvouver. The first floor is a store with Native American art for sale. The top two floors are for visitors, each room designed by a different artist. The remaining floors are Native American artist studios and living quarters. This a very comfortable hotel and a unique effort.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great little hotel at the China Town Gate"
Hotel staff called me in advance with instructions for late check in...nice touch. Room was small but extremely tidy and brand new...hotel is spotless!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
East Coaster
"reasonable price for great service!"
This hotel met our needs for a place to stay while visiting for the weekend. The building is really nice; the room is nothing fancy, but definitely clean, warm, and comfortable. The staff is really nice and helpful. Being at the edge of Chinatown, the area is a tad rough, but I did not feel like I was in danger. If I was traveling alone, I may have been apprehensive about going out into the street by myself. I am excited to see the upcoming changes at this hotel; at the time of our visit, the rooms were not yet themed/decorated by artists. I plan to come back and stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2014
"Hidden Gem"
Not in the best location, just make sure to head west and not east for activities outside the hotel. Rooms were clean but contrary to the description some rooms do not have balconies. Make sure to ask for one if you really want it. Couldn't beat the price for a last minute trip over New Years and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2013
"Clean rooms, close to SkyTrain"
The hotel in general was clean. The rooms reminded me of a fancier hostel, however it had everything you needed. It was fairly close to the SkyTrain and Gastown. However since its right by Chinatown, I would be very aware of your surroundings, but since it was close to Gastown, there is a lot of people out and about later at night, so we felt pretty safe. I do recommend that you find your own directions. The hotel staff was not very informative and gave us wrong train directions.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
NC
"Great if you're not doing anything but sleeping."
First of all, we couldn't even find the place, because the entrance to the hotel is through this little hole-in-the-wall gallery. When I called for directions, the person I spoke to on the phone assured me I was on the wrong side of Pender, even though I wasn't. Then, when we finally got to the hotel & checked in at the desk, the person there tried to charge me the entire amount of our stay - including the $250+ that was pre-paid through Hotels.com. (Also, parking is extra.) When we finally got to our room, we found that it was super small & very bare-bones. The bed has just a regular metal frame, the TV is a giant tube set that hums loudly when you turn it on, & the windows & balcony were unusable because they looked directly into other people's residences. Housekeeping was awkward the next morning, as they don't give you "do not disturb" signs to put out, so I had two people try to come into the room while I was getting dressed, & had to yell at them through the door that we were fine & didn't need our bed made. With that said, the room, though small, was clean, & was fine for just sleeping. If you're planning to be out & about in downtown the whole time you stay here, I think this place is probably fine. But if you plan to spend any amount of time in your room, I don't recommend this place.
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"close to gas town"
hotel itself was fine. room was clean and staff was friendly. however, hotel is not in safe location especially around parking area. i see bunch of scary people whole day around the hotel. not recommended for family vacation.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Stay in Vancouver"
Needed a 1 night stay in Vancouver before off on our next leg. Chose this hotel because of location. It is close to the railway station and China Town. Hotel was clean, spacious rooms, quiet and convenient.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Unique Hotel"
I really enjoyed our stay at Skwachàys. While not a full service hotel, it had all of the amenities I needed and was within walking distance of everything we did in Vancouver. Staff knowledgeable and friendly. The concept of the hotel was cool and I'd rather stay at a place that actually benefits other people rather than a chain hotel. Would definitely recommend!
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
SM
"Good new hotel."
We were staying just one night between train trips and looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel from which we could explore Vancouver. This one worked just fine for that. We also liked the fact that some of the income from the hotel goes to help indigenous populations. Advantages of this hotel include low cost, walking distance from the train station, and its position right on a bus line to get to downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park. It is also just at the edge of Chinatown and an easy walk to Gastown. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. Best of all was that the lobby was filled with high quality aboriginal art for sale. The downside was a portable window air conditioner that was noisy and not very effective. Also, there were no staff available during the night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
The hotel was close to a lot of tourist destinations (2 or 3 blocks to Gastown, 5-10 min walk from Downtown, 2 doors down from Chinatown, 10 min walk from waterfront & seabus, short bus (#19) ride from Stanley Park), but the block that it is located on was a little sketchy. There were some bums outside of the hotel, however during our 4 night stay no one ever approached us or bothered us in any way. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are new and clean. The amenities are minimal. Our room (two bed standard) had 2 twin beds, a night stand, armoire w/TV, walk in closet, shower w/out tub, fridge, coffee maker, and a set of cabinets in the small kitchenette. We were able to call the front desk and borrow a hair dryer and iron for the duration of our stay. Overall- As long as you don't mind walking through one block of sketchiness on the way home from an evening out, this hotel is a steal for the price.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Decent hotel"
Our stay at the hotel was overall comfortable, and the place was a lot like an apartment complex. The beds and bathroom were clean and place seemed like new. The surrounding neighborhood was ok. The only big downside was the parking. We were not informed or aware that there was no free parking and needed to reserve a space. Luckily we only stayed for one night, but we ran into quite some trouble with parking accommodations. Make sure to call the hotel beforehand to let them know you need to pay for a space.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2013
Traveler
"Like it"
It's not in good area but the hotel is very nice and clean. The bedroom was very organized as its a new hotel. The staff was very friendly. It's close to downtown and the train. So, I did not even take a cab to the airport. It's very convenient.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
vivian
"Clean Excellent staff"
Close to china town and supermarket, a few beggars and homeless about but no real bother
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Roses

"A hidden gem"
Pillows to tall and hard, no views. Rooms are great, very clean, staff could not be more helpful and kind. close to Gastown and water. The rooms are as good as they look online. And your car is very safe.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
james
"good times"
We had such a good time we'll do it again.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Weekend stay"
Caroline was very welcoming and accommodating (morning guy wasn't). Bad area for single females to stay in.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Come as a guest leave as a friend, very true."
Wonderful hotel. Loved the gallery on the main floor. The art for sale is amazing and the art adviser was very patient and helpful on our selection. The room was in pristine condition. Individual art displayed on every corner of the room. The hotel area is very close to Water St on Gastown, a must see. Wonderful restaurants and cafes. Also very close to the Classical Chinese Gardens and one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever been to, Bao Bei on Kiefer St. Do not wonder into Main St and Hastings St though. Front desk was incredibly helpful and polite. The breakfast room is fantastic, particularly the stand up central table, carved by artist Eric Parnell, who did many pieces for the hotel including their beautiful logo. Breakfast is very enjoyable, nothing gets wasted. Make sure to wonder into the penthouse to take close look at the Smudge and Sweat Lodge area and the view along Pender St E, the portal to Chinatown.
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
JAVIER
"27 and still going to heaven"
I found the hotel to be beautiful, the rooms had a nice lay out and the staff were very friendly. The location was great, because i went to the pint for my birthday and it was 2 mintue walk away. I will be back to stay here again, it was a great experience. Thank you, for the beautiful first nations artwork to look at.
1 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Leah
"Great proximity to Rogers Arena"
Hotel and gallery were lovely. We loved the concept and hope that more communities are compelled to implement similar concepts.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Denise
"Must stay!"
Rooms are cozy and modern and gallery downstairs is beautiful. Service is fantastic and the probably one of the best complimentary breakfast we ever had. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Definitely will stay there again"
Delightful new renovation. Great decor. Nice, helpful staff. Great location for my interests: half a block from the Chinatown gate and only a few blocks from Gastown and the waterfront. Two blocks to a train station. I visit Vancouver once or twice a year and will definitely stay there again.
7 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Jean
"Great hotel, would definitely stay her again."
Super friendly service in a cool little boutique hotel and part of your payment goes towards a great cause. Walking distance to all the great shops, restaurants and bars in Gastown, love that neighbourhood!
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Justin
"Unique Hotel with Excellent Service A+++"
Beautifully decorated and clean room. Close to Rogers Arena. The service was excellent - much better than I have come to expect from larger, well known hotel chains. I will be a repeat customer.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Jordan
"A great boutique hotel with beautiful native art"
A beautiful hotel and art gallery in a newly gentrified neighbourhood. Some may be concerned with the proximity to a seedier part of town; however, showing support for this First Nations owned hotel will ensure funding for their programs to get urban First Nations residents back to their art. A great overall experience for me but not for the inexperienced traveller.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Barry
"Great little location with social appeal"
Skwachàys Lodge have very helpful and friendly staff and the beds are very comfortable and each room has a theme supporting local BC Aboriginal artists - the gallery at the entrance to the hotel is supporting local artists and promoting them - this is appreciated by the guests and the artists. The dining area - visiting area is very comfortable with access to tea and coffee and a snack. The rooms were very clean and comfy. This is a great location to walk from to go see a movie - across the street - access to local transit - walking distance to great restaurants - like ACME on hastings. One can walk to the waterfront - to granville and area and easy access to BC Place and the areana- for sporting events.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Yvonne
"Beautiful hotel & experience"
Gorgeous new hotel with such a cool story to it. The staff were extremely friendly and gave us a tour and background of the building, artwork and our room which was neat! Will definitely be staying here again! 10/10!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
C
"Home away from home"
The moment we walked in we felt at home. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms decor and art gallery is a bonus that made the stay an excellent experience. We will definitely be staying there again.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Gorgeous unique rooms"
I was in town on business. Lodge is close downtown and skytrain. The area close by is a bit rough, but great restaurants and entertainment along Abbott. Staff are very friendly. You walk into Gallery where reception desk is. My room was beautiful.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Shauna
"Phenomenal space"
Excellent on all fronts. I go to Vancouver regularly on business and will be staying here from now on.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great hotel experience"
Really enjoyed our stay. Hotel close to Rogers Arena. Hotel and gallery help to subsidize artists in residence. Amazing art and decor throughout hotel. Nothing like it in Vancouver. Would highly recommend. Rooms clean, comfortable and well appointed. Fantastic staff. Felt really safe and well cared for.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
I don't usually write reviews; however, my stay was absolutely excellent! The staff went above and beyond to ensure we felt welcomed and the room was very clean! One of the more comfortable hotel beds as well.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Shelby
"Spiritually cleansed"
Had a great time. Customer service was excellent and very polite!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Jonathan
"Great for Art Appreciators"
Was a pleasant surprise. Loved the 6th floor terrace and smudge room. Very nice staff. Weird garage access thru alley though.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
sheri
"Beautiful hotel in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside"
I lived I the DTES or a year I'm familiar with the area. It is the epicentre for poverty and addiction in the city. It is also very well policed. The building is very secure. Beautiful art gallery and cozy "living room" for guests. Rooms were very modern and clean with accents of aboriginal artwork. Loved the decor. Will definitely stay agin when I travel to Vancouver.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014