All hotels in Zeeland, Michigan, United States of America
120 South Church Street, Zeeland, MI, 49464, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Great room
    Rather comfortable
    Quite clean
    Awesome vibe
STAY HERE!!! Excellent location, beautiful house, fantastic hosts and wonderful breakfast. All you need is here!
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
John S
Comfortable! Everything was clean and the innkeepers were extremely hospitable. Not sound proof enough to have a "romantic" overnight stay but we would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"beautiful"
This was my first time in a bed and breakfast. Anna and Vic are awesome people. They made sure we had everything we needed. they made us feel special. The hospitality was off the charts. I had a wonderful time. Everything was beautiful. The room is absolutely gorgeous. I plan on going back.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
shawn
"Exceptional B & B"
We had one of the nicest stays in this B& B . Our Hosts were a wonderful Christian couple who shared our love for the Lord Jesus. The home was beautiful inside and out.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Jim and Sue
"Felt like family"
We had a wonderful time!!! This was our first stay at a B&B so I was nervous about staying in someone's home.. But that feeling was out to rest immediately! We were greeted with a hug from Anna along with cookies & candy and a sweet note in our room!! Anna showed us around the mansion and it's just beautiful! The history is amazing. The furniture Vic brought back to life is so beautiful! Each morning we had a delicious breakfast followed by another delicious dessert at night! If we weren't back when Anna served dessert she left it in our room. Yum! They had recommendations for dinner each night and both places were great. I felt like we were staying with family and the next time we get away without the kids we will be coming back!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Tina
"First Anniversary 8/01/2015"
Not enough praise could be said about the graciousness of our hosts, Anna and Victor. The hotel was elegantly decorated and PRISTINE! We had intended on staying closer to the shoreline in Holland or Saugatuck, but nothing was really available at the time of booking. We were not only pleased, but feel absolutely blessed to not only find this gem, but plan on coming back. The short drive into town was really nothing, compared to the comfort and service provided to us. Anna and Vic make you feel beyond welcome from the minute you meet them and so pleased to share their home. If the service and comfort wasn't enough...you will feel drawn to go back, as if to visit with friends.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Definition of excellence!"
This B&B is amazing. My husband and I stayed in the main floor Baron room and it's spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The hosts are friendly, wonderful people who go above and beyond to make sure you are accommodated. Highly recommend!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Lives up to reputation."
Everything the other reviewers say is true. The inn is charming, spotless, and located in a delightful neighborhood in a beautiful town. Vic and Anna do everything possible to make you feel welcome; the evening dessert and the breakfast were wonderful. My only regret is that we were only there one night.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
H Dale
I enjoyed myself immensely! Yummy treats greet you in your room, wonderful breakfast in the morning and a great dessert at night. Anna and her husband make you feel at home. Will surely go there again!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Best time ever"
This was one of the best get-a-ways I've had in a long time. Everything was lovely. Anna was the best host and her cooking was out of sight. Will definitely go back again.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Mary Lenese
"have a relaxing stay at baert baron"
Perfect guiet get away close to the beach and holland michigan.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Step back in history....highly recommend"
What a treat to spend two days at the Baert Baron Mansion. My wife and I had a wonderful stay in this historic home. The owners could not have been any nicer or more welcoming. We look forward to returning!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Chuck
"Wonderful romantic hideaway!"
Anna and Vic were fabulous hosts and the location is great- just 10 min from downtown Holland and not much further to the beach. The room was comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing! Loved the nightly "treats" that we were served. We definitely plan to go back!
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Sandra
"Amazing, amazing, amazing........."
This was one of the most incredible weekends I've had in a long time. We were there for my daughter's wedding and felt so welcome, special and treated like royalty. Breakfast (even gluten free!) was exquisite (especially Friday morning with Vic flying solo! LOL), homemade treats greeting us when we arrived, and then freshly baked yummies in our room each night of our stay, was an amazing surprise. The home is immaccualate....and the lengths Anna and Vic went to, to ensure we had the best stay possible, was second to none. We'll be back.....OFTEN!!! Blessed are the feet of them......... :)
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Kym
Anna was a delight, one of the most enjoyable hosts in a b&b that we've experienced. Lots of extras like the treats in our room and the homemade desserts each night. She knew we were there for the tulip festival and she had gathered tourist literature for us to make our stay complete. Husband Vic was most welcoming and gracious, always taking time to share knowledge of the area. Fresh flowers in our room and the bathroom added a lovely touch.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Larry & Kay
My husband and I were in town for the Tulip Festival. Anna and Vic were wonderful gracious hosts! The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, and Anna's desserts were incredible!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Kristen
"Our anniversary get-away"
We really enjoyed our stay. The house is beautiful and the hosts are wonderful. Breakfast was amazing, and there was delicious snacks and desert waiting in our room every evening.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"One of the Best B&B's in Michigan"
Friendly atmosphere, Very Clean, Excellent Food and Service. Highly recommend for family and friends. Will book again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"A beautiful B & B"
We had a wonderful stay. A very nice couple!
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Fabulous Bed and Breakfast"
For the moment I got to the Baert Baron Mansion I felt the love that the owners, Vic and Anna, had for their home , guests and each other. I was in a wedding and much to my dismay my necklace broke, no problem, Anna fixed it for me! The party trolley, with the entire wedding party showed up at the door stop unannounced and they quickly welcomed everyone and allowed us to take pictures on the beautiful grounds and porch!! We will definitely be going back!! A real gem of a bed and breakfast!!!
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Jill Howard
"Baert Baron Mansion ist Wunderbar"
Great B & B with Fantastic Hosts located in a peaceful pretty neighborhood. Breakfast was awesome and we enjoyed sitting outside on the wraparound porch.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2014
L Burke
Our first time at this B & B, and definitely the nicest one we've ever stayed in. Our hosts were so kind & their breakfast was delicious. We highly recommend it and would go back without hesitation. Great place to stay in the Holland/ Saugatuck area.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Alice
"Nice friendly B&B 15 min from dunes"
Staff went out of the way to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable Excellent food
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
mary
"Baert Baron Mansion was a historic fantasy."
Best hotel experience I've ever had. Very clean. Unique Victorian décor was done extremely well and was fun to be there. Although historic, the bathroom facilities was up-to-date. Breakfast served was homemade and abundant. I would recommend Baert Baron Mansion B&B without hesitation.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Sue
"Totally pampered"
Stayed at the Baert Baron Mansion during the Holland Tulip Festival in May 2014. Our stay at this Bed and Breakfast was the crowing glory of our trip. Not only conveniently located (a very short and easy commute into Holland), but a wonderful respite following a long day of driving in from Milwaukee. The couple running the Mansion is knowledgeable, fun and extremely cordial - and the proof is in the details. A small vase of fresh roses in the room to greet you, bottled water for our day-trips, Kruerig coffee and tea available at any hour, the most comfortable bed, a generous Southern-style breakfast served at the table (not a buffet), a bag of homemade cookies and chocolate delights inside our room, 9PM desserts, and (because we very early-morning departure plans) a to-go bag with breakfast goodies. Our stay ended on Mother's Day and Anna even surprised me with a loving and unsuspected gift. A beautiful, God-loving couple that truly showed their devotion to each other, God and their home. It was a blessing to stay with this couple. Highly recommended.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2014
Joyce & Jeff
"Wonderful bed & breakfast"
This bed & breakfast was absolutely beautiful! It had been restored to its original splendor by the owners, Anna & Vic. They made us feel at home the moment we walked in the door, greeting us with a hug. They have wonderful attention to detail with nuts & candies in our room and dessert at the end of the evening. Breakfast in the morning was served on lovely antique dinnerware and was delicious! Vic also worked very hard at keeping the sidewalk shoveled as there was quite a bit of snow falling. Anna & Vic truly went out of their way to make our visit special. We will certainly stay there again!
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Relaxing Getaway"
This is a beautiful B&B in a beautiful town. We had a very relaxing stay in the well-cared for Baron Mansion. Beautiful furniture and decor, great breakfast each morning, and good conversation. We will definitely recommend this place to friends and family.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Nick
Wonderful atmosphere. Owners were great and very accommodating.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
Klaas
"love love love very charming"
This charming B&B is a gem. VIC and Anna what loving host, the food was to die for. ANNA enjoyed sitting down for a great after breakfast talk. Will be planning another stay.Yes the house was very clean. My 80 + year old mother loved everything.
2 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
"Enchanting B & B"
The owners of this lovely B & B, Vic and Anna are gracious, kind, and very accommodating. The mansion includes gorgeous historic details and antiques while including modern comforts and conveniences. It felt like being honored guests in someone's home but still having our privacy. Desserts were left in our room each night and beach chairs and towels were provided for our day-trip to Grand Haven. Breakfast was delicious and filling. They have immaculate gardens, a storybook front porch, and a sitting area with a fire-pit in the yard. We could have spent a lot more time here. Even though Zeeland is off the beaten path, it was well worth it to stay here.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Dayna
"Wonderful experience"
Very impressed with the restoration of this grand building. Our room was spacious, very clean and finely decorated. The proprieters are friendly and attentive. Our breakfast was varied and delicious. Highly recommended.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Nick and Tina
"A fabulous B&B"
We were greeted by Vic and Anna, a wonderful couple. The work they have done in restoring the building is absolutely amazing. They made us feel totally welcome and even gave us a great suggestion for dinner. We were offered dessert upon our return, which we declined as we were totally stuffed from dinner. Breakfast the next morning was so good, and there was so much food it was incredible, that we once again left a table totally sated. I would highly recommend the Baron Mansion. We will be returning in the future.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2013
Sheree
"Nice place, if you are the religious type..."
Celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here. Owners were very friendly and accommodating. Think they were a bit shocked by the fact that we were a gay couple, as they were very "Christian-like." Bibles were in abundance in our room, as were crosses. I respect that they are proud of their religion, but they should also keep respect towards their guests by realizing they may not share/support the same beliefs. This was not advertised as a religious based establishment, otherwise I would have likely looked elsewhere. In regards to the house itself, it was beautiful. The room we stayed in was the attic area. Very nice and cozy, but the bathing situation was a bit problematic. The room offered a bath tub with detachable shower hose. It is stationed in a corner with a slanted ceiling that's no more than 3 feet above the tub, making moving in and out difficult. Not really the owner's fault as this was probably the best they could do with the limited space....but still, hindered any chance of getting properly clean in a hurry. Overall, the owners did seem friendly and made sure we had everything we needed (they even provided us beach chairs to borrow when we informed them we were going to the beach by the Holland area.). I personally don't believe I would stay there again simply because of all the religious undertones present all around us while there, but for others who don't mind that, they would likely have a great stay.
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2013
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
3 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
E perinetti
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Baert Baron Mansion

"The best of "Somewhere in Time" today!"
02/04/16 DooDaDay Valparaiso, Indiana
This place is a treasure, and the Innkeepers, Anna and Victor, are delightful hosts! They are warm-hearted and gracious, and very good conversationalists when you care to talk. They are not the hovering types. Anna's food was the very best - gorgeous AND tasty, and Victor's stories about the amazing house restoration are captivating. We stayed with 2 other couples for a weekend that will go down as one of our best yet in Michigan.
"My favorite B&B"
11/15/15 tazdev71 Michigan, USA
I stayed here for one night, on a week-long work trip. The owners, Anna and Vic are very kind and gracious. The home is beautiful. Notice I didn't say house? That's because I felt like I was staying with family. I was upgraded to the most amazing room and the bathroom was fabulous! I had to leave exceptionally early for work and Anna and Vic were kind enough to set me up with a light meal to take with me in the morning. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The linens were fantastic and smelled great. The home has been redone with exquisite attention to detail. The high-arching, original, lead windows were beautiful. I can't say enough good things about my stay. I will definitely be back.
"Back to the past at Baert Baron Mansion"
10/09/15 Corina L Indianapolis, Indiana
Went to Zeeland for the long week-end in September! Loved this peaceful, historic house built in 1872; the owners Vic and Anna did a great job renovating, and keeping the tradition alive We had a room in the attic and it was wonderful! I was impressed by the personal touch, willingness to make you welcome, getting a lovely note, sweets and flowers! Looking forward to go back!
"Beautiful house & hosts!"
09/08/15 Sandra M Ann Abor, Mi
We were so very happy with our stay at this awesome B&B. My husband, mother-in-law & I were in town for a son's wedding and it was my m/in-law's first time at a B&B. We wanted to give her a special treat since she doesn't get out traveling much. Anna and Vic were so kind and gracious to all of us...especially mom. Anna assured her, (since Mom asked) in such a kind way that she didn't have to make her bed before she left! ;-) So many "precious" conversations. We've definitely had a few more chuckles about them as we re-told family and friends about our time in Zeeland. The house is so beautifully restored and spotlessly clean! We loved the fact that they are updated and have many plugs in the rooms to charge up phones and computers and also offer free wi-fi. Many other B& B's just don't have these much needed upgrades! The breakfasts were delicious and presented in a picture perfect way. Anna spoke wonderful blessings for all for the upcoming day. We really appreciated their kindness and hospitality. Hope to come back soon...maybe to visit new grandbabies!! haha
"Caring Christian Couple"
08/26/15 Sue S Ann Arbor, Michigan
From the first hug to the last hug, we were treated special. The prayer before breakfast was personal and made us feel welcome and appreciated, but might put some off who do no share this tradition. At the beginning of our last night, our key would not open our door until Vic applied his special touch. Anna made two Vegan breakfasts and nighttime snacks for us, which you'd never find at any hotel. Thank you Anna and Vic for a memorable time.
"The house is gorgeous and owners very nice"
08/01/15 Michfan Michigan
My wife and I stayed there a few weeks ago during a long weekend in West Michigan. We were thinking that we'd be spending our time in Holland & Saugatauk biking the trails so weren't sure about staying in Zeeland, but the drive from the B & B to both towns was easy. Also, Zeeland is a charming little town. The house is gorgeous and lovingly restored. Anna and Vic are very gracious hosts. There were even treats in the evening. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and will come again.
"Can't bear perfection!"
07/03/15 Amy H Sanger, Texas
This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast. We may have found a new addiction. Anna and Vic were absolutely amazing hosts. The mansion is in perfect condition. The food was beyond expectations and the dessert waiting in our room when we came in for the evening was the literal icing on the cake. I hope we get a chance to come back again sometime soon. P.S. Ladies, if you love beads... Anna has another surprise in store for you!
"Not enough adjectives to describe the beauty of this home..."
06/30/15 Tracey W Macomb, Michigan
My husband and I stayed here to kick off our 15th wedding anniversary vacation week. What an amazing place! We plan to go back and stay again so we can spend more time in this beautiful home. We were both in awe of how meticulously they restored this home. Anna's decorating sense captivated me! Vic's craftsmanship is top notch! What a great team. It was hard to carry on a "proper conversation" making eye contact with Vic when we first arrived due to something else catching my eye. Oh how I loved it... BTW - Anna, on our way up the Lake Michigan coast, I stopped in an adorable little antique store and found a gorgeous set of knife rests! I was SOOOO happy to find them! Thanks again for a wonderful time. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area.
"Perfection"
06/26/15 Kelly D Fox River Grove, Illinois
What an incredible delight! When we arrived we were met with open arms, literally, by the most gracious host and hostess, Vic and Anna. From the serene setting of the wrap around porch overlooking a perfectly manicured garden to the impeccabley restored Victorian decor, our stay was magical. Our room (The Baron) was a step back in time of elegance and artistry. We were met with a plate of homemade caramel, chocolates and cookies, served on a crystal plate. Anna and Vic took time to tell us about the lore of the area as well as sights to see. After an evening out we returned to homemade, strawberry topped cheesecake served in our room! This morning we were treated to a delicious and lovingly served breakfast while enjoying the company of the other guests, all of us extolling the unmatched graciousness of our hosts and the magnificence of their home. We highly recommend this exquisite experience for anyone who truly wants to be pampered with TLC❤️. When we left we felt like we were leaving dear friends! We will definitely return.
"A Fabulous Place to Stay"
06/01/15 Terri R Longview, Washington
Don't miss the chance to stay at the Baert Baron Mansion in Zeeland, Michigan if you are even close to the area. We had the absolute best experience. Anna and Vic, the innkeepers are two very special people. We stayed four days and were treated like royalty. So much attention to detail of anything you might want or need. Hopefully you have a little time to visit with Anna and Vic who are warm, caring and very entertaining. The home is beautifully decorated and spotless. Our room was charming, comfortable and also spotless. The breakfasts were terrific, the desserts we got each night were wonderful. If you don't get back in time they will leave them in your room and on top of that there is all kinds yummy homemade treats left in your room. This was a very special treat for us to stay here and have the chance to meet such lovely people. Thanks Anna and Vic!! Fun towns in the area are Douglas, Saugatuck and Holland. Very quaint and cute shops. Holland and Saugatuck both have a night life. Lake Michigan is also close.