All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Good internet service
    Clean
    Great amenities
    Great room
"Uncomfortable futon bed, otherwise good"
Overall good hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms, good a/c. Would have given this hotel 4 stars for the price but the futon bed was thin, hard and uncomfortable. Could not get a good nights rest and it pretty much sabotaged my stay in Tokyo. By my third day, I had sores and aches on my lower body and had to use tylenols, muscle lotions/pads. I pretty much ended doing less than half what I wanted to do in Tokyo cos I couldn't walk with my cramped, sore feet/legs. Might be okay for short stays. They also offer the western style room with bed so I'd recommend that option. Other minor complaints: -My room didn't have a window screen and so I couldn't open the window too much cos pigeons would otherwise fly in. -There's no soap in the toilet sink area. I don't feel comfortable washing hands without soap. -Neighborhood isn't the greatest - quite a few homeless and old, poor folks roaming about. It's not a safety concern, just kinda like a depressor of your supposed happy tour mood. There was one young homeless punk that bumped into me hard on purpose at the coin laundry nearby and gave me a threatening dirty eye but he looked mentally ill so I let it slide.
17 night trip Jan 29, 2016
"Clean Hotel and Sufficient Bathrooms and Washrooms"
The hotel is about 10-15 walk to Minami Senj. As you walk out of the subway turn left and look for the Sky Tree. I like the loft concept, where the raised bed gives extra space for refrigerator, luggage and your personal items. There are 2 washrooms on each floor, and they are fairly clean. The hotel also have a common kitchen on the ground floor. There is a Lawson 100 nearby, and a couple of grocery stores across the street. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and I would stay here again if I ever visit Tokyo again.
4 night trip Oct 18, 2015
Good and helpful staff, not expensive, comfortable, near many good restaurants and konbini stores, good location. I stayed 23 nights and was really happy and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Miah
The rooms were big enough. The location was a bit further from the JR/metro than I would have liked. The neighborhood was also more residential, but in the end that was nice to get away from the main parts of Tokyo.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great accomidations for price"
The staff was extremely friendly. The neighborhood is adequate. Quiet and safe, with a very easy 10 minute walk to the train (on edge of the main system, probably the farthest you can still consider "convenient"). The street around the corner was piping in classic Disney soundtracks from the street lamps. Trippy!!
7 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"great inexpensive room"
Love this hotel, my room was fairly recently renovated, and it was noted in the reservation (and price) but I could not have asked for a better set up. There was a loft bed, a tiny desk, a bookshelf and lots of storage space in the twin room, and a common restroom, and lavatory across the hall on the floor and showers on alternate floors. the ones I used were all immaculate and recently renovated. The common room and kitchen were such a nice amenity, especially for longer stays. There is also a Wii and Super Nintendo with a plethora of games to entertain you on rainy days. The only downside is the neighborhood: while it is "sleepy" and residential, that is no issue for me... It is an opportunity to see how the Japanese people truly live. The downside is the distance to the subway/train station, which can be a bit of a nuisance in rain and heat. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Loft bed is a good idea"
The personel was kind and helpful. I stayed there only for 5 nights, but after third I was recognisable :) There is a view on Skytree from balcony on 10th level. Bus stop is very close, but metro/JR Station a little too far. I haven't looked or asked so I'm not sure, where could be a supermarket in nearby. Tea and coffee in a price of stay is another advantage. I may think about staying in this hotel next time.
5 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Piotr
"Great hotel or the price"
Vvery clean. They had a lot more ameneties than other hotels of the same price. Great to have your own space or h price. Little hard o find t irst ince its a ten minut walk from the subway. Website should have irections from subway or JR.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"Excellent location, away from the hustle"
This is a great location....not to far of a train ride from everything Yamanote line but far enough from the noise and hustle and bustle of the rest of Tokyo. Close to Adachi fish market and Asakusa shrines and temples. View of Tokyo Skytree on the 10th floor. Place a little run down, but well kept up. Tatami rooms are as comfortable as tatami can get so have a strong back...most of staff are really helpful but speaking really good english. Overall for the price and location...I would recommend
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
AJ

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Over priced"
The room is very small, needed renovation. Other facilities are good. But the price is a bit high comparing to other similar hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 3, 2016
Ivy
"Nice and simple room."
Simple yet nice little comfortable room. But there was only 1 cramp toilet on my floor. Only 300yen for a 60 minutes relaxing private bath. Few of the staff wasn't very friendly. Overall, it was a pretty pleasant stay with good facilities and cozy area on the ground floor.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2015
Tong
"Great value for money"
This hotel is good value for money and a nice base from which to explore Tokyo. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful and they make an effort to make your stay comfortable, i.e. by providing an English translation of the air conditioner remote control. I made use of the laundromat and the free use computers. The showers were always very clean. The toilets were relatively clean but the men's on the 10th floor had a bit of an odour. Overall, the hotel is old and a bit tired. The room was clean but a bit beat-up. And there is a gross problem with pigeons roosting on the building facade - my window had smears of bird feces on the outside of the glass, which discouraged me from opening it. The bedding is comfortable. Although I think the soundproofing is generally good, my last night I was kept awake by the periodic thumping of some mainland Chinese tourists across the hall. Not really the fault of the hotel. The neighbourhood is a little rough but I never felt unsafe. If you have any trouble, there are two koban (police posts) between the hotel and the railway station. It's not a good area if you're interested in nightlife.
3 night trip Sep 30, 2015
Benjamin
"The worst hotel experience ever!"
I rarely had any problems came up with the hotels I stayed but just with this very single one. A problem came up while my stay there and when trying to solve it, the front desk staff were not only unhelpful but also very rude and disrespectful to the point that I decided I would rather lose my one night deposit than staying there for another night. The room condition was acceptable but the blanket had a small faded bloodstain on it. Besides, the hotel is in a remote red light district which gets very quiet late at night. I didn't feel comfortable going back alone so I had to ask my local friend to escort me back to the hotel every night. I would say for a single female traveler, this hotel may not be a very good choice for you. Come to think of it, this may explain why I didn't see any female guests in the hotel beside the staff.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2015
"too far away, impolite staffs"
it's too far away from the station, and the staffs are rude, such as opening my room without permission, as i just went to toilet, the staff was cleaning my room though i left a message that i don't need to tidy up in the door, or even i told her, she still forced to clean my room.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
HK
"Super clean"
This hotel was super clean - the showers and toilet were always clean. My room was next to a window, which made it a little noisy but not unbearable. The room also got quite cold, but you have access to heating in the room. The blanket provided was really warm and the bed was quite comfortable. The area is a little far from the Shibuya area, but it's really close to the subway. If you like walking, you can easily walk to Ueno. I'd definitely stay here again.
6 night trip Feb 14, 2015
"Budget hotel almost like a hostel"
Check-in was quick with my ARC. I booked a tatami room for one, and it was quite small even for a small person like me. My room was right in front of the elevator, which was a bit noisy. Some people, perhaps people who newly checked-in, tried to open my door with their key for some reason. I was annoyed at the shuffling and had to put the "do not disturb" sign outside my doorknob and it solved the problem. Showers were only located on three floors of the building, but they were always clean and available. It was inconvenient and a bit awkward walking back to my room afterwards. The washrooms were also very clean and well maintained. The area is quiet but convenient with buses and the Hibiya Line just ten minutes away; the walk to the station was not as bad as I heard from other hotel reviews. Overall, the hotel was OK, but I will probably find another one with a private bathroom around the same price.
4 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"juyoh"
Lovely place. Friendly people. Shinto shrine outside the back.
2 night trip Dec 10, 2014
"great place great stay"
very good if anyone worried about a ten minute walk from train station , you can catch a bus for $1.60 for all those lazy types out there
3 night trip Nov 9, 2014
mick
"Disappointing"
The staff were helpful but the hotel itself is rather in need of upgrading. Hostels of similar price in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima were of much better value and better located in their respective cities. Facilities were inadequate - the hotel has rooms on 9 floors but only a small kitchen on the first floor and 3 shower rooms. The walls were paper thin so you can hear people in the surrounding floors and rooms. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"terrible location"
rooms very small place is hard to find and getting into Tokyo from here is not convenient. nothing to see in this location
7 night trip Aug 5, 2014
b.bowker
"Great place overall."
Very nice hotel, about a 10 minute walk from Minami-senju Station. Clean with nice and friendly staff. Perfect for those travelling alone or a couple on a budget. Quite a number of convenience stores around the area. In general the area is very quiet (sometimes too quiet), and for more nightlife, I would suggest anyone going to Tokyo to look for something in a more lively place.
7 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Zariq
"Decent hotel, helpful staff"
The hotel is at the mostly quiet neigbourhood of Minami-Senju, somewhere around 5-10 minutes' walk to the metro station. It's quiet and comfortable, but the bare walls makes the room pretty depressing to stay inside for long. The common area and surrounding neighbourhood is a nice change of pace from the bustle of downtown Tokyo and it's about 20 minutes' walk away from Asakusa shrine. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and it's not a bad place to stay for a few days, though for extended stays the isolating feel of the room may be uncomfortable.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Chun
MY
"Dormitory-style budget hotel"
If you do not mind walking half km to the train station and have no expectation for luxurious facilities, this hotel could be a good option to stay under the limited budget. The hotel is similar to hostel in general, but you can have your own private room.
6 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Macha
"Very nice place to stay in Asakusa"
This is a great place for people on a budget. It has a little bit of a hostel vibe but you are not in a dormitory you have your own room with a loft bed-room size is about 2 tatami mats in the main area and you have plenty room underneath the bed to relax and do your thing as well as having a desk and storage space and a fridge. There were double rooms as well but i didnt get to see one of them. Shared bathroom and toilet but you can also use the private japanese bathroom for an hour if you book in advance on the day (I think it was 300 yen-a couple of quid). There is lots of information in reception and email and communal area with TVs downstairs/vending machines etc and an area to smoke. The staff here were very helpful and friendly-I stayed for the whole of my 16 days in Tokyo and had no problems here. The area around the hotel is pretty quiet but there are lots of things around and lots of nice walks, especially down by the river. I took around 15 minutes to walk to Minoya station with a very heavy case when I left and its maybe a little bit longer to walk down to the station at Asakusa, but its a very pleasant walk and the hotel is right on the main road and not difficult to find at all. I will certainly try to stay here again the next time Im in town.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Cheap and cheerful"
Friendly, helpful staff. Amenities were basic, but fine. I was there in spring, and never had to cue for a shower or the loo. "My Basket" shop just opposite is handy (and cheaper than 7-11 up the road) for food. 10-15 min walk to the train station, but it's reasonably placed on the rail network to make getting anywhere in Tokyo pretty easy. Word of warning if you're tall: watch the door frames! (Ouch!) Recommended. I'd be happy to stay here again.
11 night trip Mar 27, 2014
TV
"Fun and convenient place"
Hotel Juyoh is located at a good spot given price range and the staff is really fun and always ready to help if you need it. The staff can speak English so it can help those that are not yet sufficient in speaking Japanese. It is both near a train station and bus station so it is easy to go anywhere in Tokyo from the Hotel. Overall it was a enjoyable stay and I know I be back there next time I go to Tokyo.
5 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2014
"Cheap and Easy"
The rooms were small and the floor and walls weren't the cleanest, but the bedding was clean and the showers were clean. For such a low price, I think it was a good deal.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Very good hotel for the price you pay!"
Honestly, I went to Tokyo as a sole traveller and let me tell you and the hotel was just great. It had everything that I needed. Free WI-FI access, close to a train station (Minami-Senju), free use of computers, microwaves, hot water, showers, you name it. The rooms are very small, but really you are on vacation are you really going to stay in your room for the whole trip? The staff are friendly and people staying in the hotel are generally friendly. They come from everywhere, such as Denmark, Canada (Yeah!), Sweden, Germany, Australia, etc. The only downfall I saw was that the cleaning could have been better. I mean they make an effort to clean, but don't go over and beyond. I don't want to bash the hotel, but it would have been better if they cleaned and got to every corner of my room. A facelift is definitely needed, but that is not in my hands. It was cozy overall and I would recommend it. I see nothing wrong with this hotel and really for the price you are getting a great deal.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Corey
"Economical and clean"
A small room with a loft bed (that means the top of a bunk bed, fairly wide, with no bottom section), fridge, table, chair. Fair value for the price I think. Toilet down the hall with many buttons. Showers on 3 floors. All clean. Wifi, and 4 computers in the lobby.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"close to JR station, clean and quiet"
new clean individual shower rooms and toilets. warm room with air con to make hotter or cooler. clean room with comfy bed. definitely would stay again.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
Samantha
"Nice budget hotel"
The hotel room is exactly like shown in the pic. Its clean and tidy with lots of helpful staff. Though the distance from the train station to the hotel is within walking distance but a bit far in my opinion especially if u back from long day or bringing heavy stuff.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
Miyoshi
MY
"Great hotel, great environment, great people!"
All the staff at the hotel was extremely helpful towards all my needs. Although small, I felt just at home in a cozy room. The entire environment really friendly as guests would sometimes assemble at the lounge in the PM to talk about their day's experience which was really cool. Will definitely come back to Juyoh again next time I visit Tokyo!
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Kai
"Great budget hotel"
Hotel is not very near to the train station (10min Walk) but was still manageable. Surrounding has many convenient stores and supermarket hence you will never be hungry. Hard to sleep mainly because i am not used to sleeping on a floor but i think it matches the price (Not complaining about that). Staffs are very friendly, encourages to interact more often with fellow hotel mates. Overall it is quite pleasant place to stay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
SG

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Ideaal hotel voor de reizende tourist"
Juyoh Hotel is een ideaal jeugdhotel. Prijs is laag, maar je kamer is dan ook simpel. Ideaal wanneer je veel op stap bent.
5 night trip Mar 16, 2016
Jelle
NL
"Hotel de charme, adresse a retenir absolument!"
J'ai passe' un tres bon moment, tout etait bien structure' et je n'avais eu besoin de rien d'autre. Le bain japonais etait super, j'ai pu me relaxer apres mes grosses journees. L'acces a internet etait de tres bonne qualite, le service aussi etait super!! (: je recommande cet hotel aux futurs voyageurs. Les receptionnistes parlent anglais et japonais et sont super sympatiques !! J'ai beaucoup discuter avec eux et avec les autres touristes qui sejournaient dans l'hotel. Excellente ambiance assuree'!!!
6 night business trip Mar 3, 2016
Nathalie
"괜찮았어요~"
화장실이 방안에 있는 줄 알았는데 공용이었어요!
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2016
"Ottimo soggiorno."
Zona piacevole, not caotica e vicino ad Asakusa e ai suoi siti di interesse. L'hotel e' in buone condizioni, mi e' piaciuta la stanza giapponese col tatami, piu' spaziosa di quella western style che mi e' invece sembrata un po' claustrofobica. Il personale e' stato gentile e simpatico. Molto comode le lavatrici/asciugatrici a gettani al decimo piano. In piu' e' anche un hotel economico, lo consiglio.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2016
Giuseppe
IT
"Ottimo rapporto qualita' prezzo"
Ottimo rapporto qualita' prezzo. I prezzi e il clima vivace sono da ostello con la privacy di una camera di hotel. Lo staff formato da ragazzi simpatici e gentili. Consigliato.
3 night trip Feb 15, 2016
Giuseppe
IT
"Suitable for a single backpacker."
The only drawback is the distance. Backpackers should pass the south exit and cross the bridge and go straight to the hotel, which is near a convenience store. You get what you paid and the private hostel is quite good.
8 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2016
TSUNGWEI
TW
"Correct pour un séjour d'une nuit ou deux max."
Pas Cher mais on comprend pourquoi. Chambre très petite. J'ai eu la malchance de me trouve à l'étage en face des douches et juste à côté des éviers. Il faut avoir le sommeil lourd pour dormir correctement. Le quartier est tranquil. Trop parfois. Rien de vraiment attractif à faire le soir. Il faut bouger et prendre le métro au risque de rentré à pied ou en taxi si la soirée continue après minuit.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2016
Mickael
"가성비 최고 ㅡ"
가격이 매우 저렴하지만 머무르는데 별 불편함 없었습니다. 주변이 조금 어둡고 역과 걸어서 10분 가량 걸린다는 단점은 있지만 아사쿠사,긴자와도 그리 멀지 않고 이동에 큰 불편함 없습니다.
3 night trip Jan 15, 2016
ただ泊まるだけなら問題なし。フロントのお嬢さんも親切。トイレに少し紙が散乱、お客さんのせいだと思いますが。
1 night trip Nov 14, 2015
Yasushi
"좋음~"
도쿄에서 이 값에 개인방이 있는 곳은 찾기가 힘든데..이곳이네요. 전체적으로 청결하고 스탭들도 친절하고 영어도 잘하네요. 미나미센쥬역과 600미터거리인데 생각보다 걸을만하고..바로 앞에 버스정류장이 있어서 우에노로 이동할 사람은 앞에서 버스타면 될것 같구요. 가까운거리에 큰 슈퍼가 있어서 요기거리 살때 좋고 길건너에 나름 알려진 오래된 카페도 있어서 좋습니다.
3 night trip Oct 31, 2015
tai keun
"東京駅からバス一本で行けるホテル"
外国人の利用が多いようですが、ホスピタリティがいいからだと思います。 わからないことは親切に教えてくださるホテルでした。
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
scout
"저번주에 이용했던 사람인데요"
저번주에 이용했던 사람인데요 싱글룸 중에서는 제일 싼곳 찾다가 우연히 가게 되었는데 일단 미나미센쥬역에서 걸어가는데 한 15분 정도 걸립니다. 사실 싼 가격이라 기대 하지않았었는데 의외로 깔끔하고 직원분들도 친절하셔서 매우 만족스러웠습니다. 에어콘도 잘 되고 온수도 잘 나오더라구요. 한 블럭앞에 편의점도 있어서 저녁에 요깃거리 사기도 편합니다. 싼 가격에 시내랑 멀어도 상관없다 하시는 분들은 이용하셔도 좋을듯 합니다.
4 night trip Oct 13, 2015
KR
"Réservé les yeux fermés"
Très bonne hôtel Les chambres sont propre et les salles de bains très propre aussi Peu de restaurant dans le quartier La gare JR Minami-Senju est a 10min a pied
10 night trip Sep 30, 2015
Guillaume
"만족스런 호텔이었습니다."
아사쿠사에서 가까운 미나미센쥬역(히비야선)에서 도보로 약 700m거리에 떨어져 있지만, 걷기에 지루하지 않은 거리였습니다. 더욱이 역주변에는 맥도날드와 버거킹, 편의점 등이 위치해 있으며 호텔 숙소에서도 도보로 아사쿠사를 다녀올 수 있어서 좋았습니다. 숙소 또한 저렴한 가격에 1인 1실 이용할 수 있었으며 2층 철제침대로 공간을 활용한 점도 높게 평가합니다. 다음에도 이용할 의향이 있는 만족스런 호텔이었습니다.
3 night trip Sep 14, 2015