All hotels in Belmar, New Jersey, United States of America

• 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
"Unexpected getaway"
We needed a last minute overnight stay for a wedding - and stumbled upon the inn. It was beautiful! And our hosts made us feel so welcome and tended to ... It felt like our honeymoon again!
Other trip May 1, 2015
vanessa
"A wonderful getaway."
Stayed here for one night following our wedding. Couldn't have asked for a more wonderful, peaceful experience. And, breakfast was delicious. The owners were lovely. Even though we live in town, we'll definitely be looking for excuses to go back.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Catherine
"Wonderful B&B in Belmar"
We had a great time. The B&B is centrally located between Main Street and the Boardwalk. We were very well treated during every aspect of our 4 day stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Can't get better in the area, or probably anywhere"
Mike and Marie are welcoming and helpful. The place is so clean and everything you need is there in your room. There are snacks and coffee/tea anytime you want them. Just wonderful! Couldn't wish for better, here or anywhere! And, couldn't be more central to center of town and the ocean, too. Thank you for the opportunity to write this. Stella
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Stella Pulo
"An excellent cozy place to stay!"
This place is top notch, great experience even though my stay was short but I am going back in two weeks and can't wait!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Wonderful place !!!"
Mike and Ann Marie made us feel at home. The place was very clean and the morning breakfast was excellent. We will be staying here everytime we come to the shore !!!
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Naveen
"Very comfortable and quiet, great place to relax!"
My husband and I went to the Tandem for our Anniversary weekend. The atmosphere was amazing!! Everything about the Tandem was awesome! Mike and Ann Marie were amazing, kind and very helpful and the goodies were absolutely delicious! The bikes were complimentary, and so were the beach chairs and even a wagon to log everything with you to the beach and that too was a plus. The beach close to the hotel , so you can definitely walk there. We rode our bikes. After we checked out they gave us a handcrafted tandem bike for our Anniversary, which was really sweet!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Dera
"I absolutely loved this place"
My boyfriend and I went for an overnight getaway and this place was fantastic. We already love the Belmar/Spring Lake/Sea Girl area, and this place is now one of my favorites. I rode a bicycle for the first time in a while and I had a blast doing so. The owners are friendly, nice and accommodating. The snacks and breakfast were fantastic and you can have tea or coffee at any time (juice and other things as well, provided they have it in the fridge). Unlike other B&B's in the area, you don't have to leave money for a drink, which is wonderful. The room was clean and adorable. I can't say enough good things. We are a couple in our early/mid 30's and it's great for our age, or for anyone really. We especially liked the use of the bikes, at no extra charge. Go here - you won't regret it. We plan to go back extremely soon, maybe a week or so.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Cheryl
"Clean, great location, very friendly"
The room was lovely and clean, owners were friendly, they even had tea and cookies and a very nice breakfast. Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Tandem, I'd go back"
Super accommodating, Mike and Annmarie bend over backwards to make you feel like guest in their own home. Breakfast was off the charts. I'd definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Matt K
We loved our time at Tandem Bike Inn. Perfectly quaint town, located only blocks from the beautiful beach and board walk. We have since recommended the inn to our friends and family for a weekend getaway. The owners bring a personal touch and energy that is refreshing and generous.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2013
"We will definitely return!"
This bed and breakfast was a wonderfully relaxing place with great service, food and accomdations. We especially loved relaxing in the rocking chairs on the porch.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Cary
1 night trip May 3, 2014
MJS
"Lovely family owned inn with great breakfasts"
Other trip Oct 16, 2013

1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Tandem Bike Inn

"Best bed and breakfast ever!"
07/22/15 Jorie H
If you are looking for a place to stay in Belmar look no further! The Tandem Bike Inn is our favorite place to stay on vacation. AnnMarie and Mike are wonderful. They are so accommodating . If you have any special dietary needs they will do what they can to meet them. Speaking of breakfast that is one of the reasons my daughter always wants to go back there. She LOVES AnnMarie's pancakes and all of her baked goods(especially her pumpkin bread). It is wonderful to have fresh baked goods and lemonade waiting for you when you get back from the beach. Speaking of the beach it is only a few blocks away from the inn. The inn supplies you with everything you need for the beach. Chairs, umbrellas, beach towels and a beach cart to put it all in. The rooms at the Inn are beautiful. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are exceptionally clean. Every room has a large flat screen t.v. with most of the premium movie channels. Every room also get WIFI. The Inn is right near the center of town so you do not need your car while you are there. I can not say enough about this inn. It gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
"The perfect place to relax!"
07/18/15 Tracey H Leicester, England, United Kingdom
I have just had my second stay at The Tandem Inn and it certainly won't be my last. Mike & Anne Marie are so friendly and they made me feel really comfortable. Their house is beautiful, rooms are spotless and nothing is to much trouble. On my first visit last August I had been a little concerned about eating during my stay. I have a vegan diet, but need not have worried as Anne Marie gave me plenty of choice for breakfast, which kept me going way past lunch time! They provided a fridge and microwave in my room at my request but eating really wasn't an issue with Kaya's restaurant a short walk away. I loved sitting on the porch to read, it was always so peaceful. Being able to use one of the many bikes to go out cycling was great too. I would highly recommend staying here.
"Wonderful Stay"
07/17/15 jrzybeachbum oracle
A funeral brought us to NJ, so sad as it was, the Tandem Bike Inn provided us with a wonderful and relaxing time. We have only stayed a few times at B&Bs in our travels, but if every B&B was up to Tandem Bike Inn's standards, we'd certainly stay at more. We learned from the owners, Ann Marie and Mike, that the house was built in 1880, but as soon as you approach the property you know that the house has been lovingly restored and welcomes you with every modern day comfort imaginable. There's a beautiful wrap-around porch with rocking chairs, a small bar area overlooking the street and a section of table and chairs that accommodate guests for a delicious breakfast prepared by Ann Marie and served by Mike. Wonderful hosts!! We loved chatting with Ann Marie after breakfast and hearing about the history of the inn. The inn is immaculately clean, crisp and inviting. Our bedroom was on the smallish side, but the a/c worked perfectly and was thankfully quiet. Our bathroom, like the rest of the inn was totally updated, impeccably clean and perfect for our needs. We had the good fortune to stay at the Inn when a reunion of high school "rock stars" from the 70s were visiting for a special performance at a nearby club. Really enjoyed their company.
"Fantastic experience even though the sun stayed away"
07/16/15 departingNWK West New York, NJ
My partner and I spent two nights at the Tandem Bike Inn mid-week in early July. First of all, Mike and Ann Marie are terrific innkeepers. They are warm and friendly, going out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. They are happy to answer questions or strike up a conversation. We learned from Ann Marie what their experience was like after Hurricane Sandy - it was a great story,but I'll let her tell it when you stay at the Inn. That being said, they are not intrusive or pushy in any way, just incredibly nice, and eager to help in any way to make your stay enjoyable. Ann Marie should write a cook book - there are continental breakfast goodies in the early AM (such as corn muffins with orange marmalade), then there is a full breakfast served from 9-10 AM. When we stayed, it was blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes with organic spicy chicken sausage one day, and croissant French toast with Canadian bacon the next day, along with a yogurt parfait with fresh strawberries. Everything was absolutely delicious! She also makes fresh baked cookies and lemonade with mint that is available from about 4 PM each day - the cookies were snicker doodles and chocolate chip when we stayed. I am soooo happy I got up for a run each morning on the boardwalk since I ate so well! Both the public areas of the Inn as well as our guest room were so lovely, and decorated with taste and personal touches. And immaculately CLEAN. The room was just as pictured on their website - we stayed in the bright and homey Seaside Coaster room. It may have been a bit smaller than we had expected, but since it was our first time at a B&B and this is obviously a home that was built many, many decades ago, I guess the room size should not have been a surprise. That being said, we were certainly comfortable. And the bathroom, which I somehow neglected to photograph and which isn't pictured on their website, was beautifully updated in black and white tile, with a great enclosed shower. The wall of family photos in the dining room, where the coffee and tea station is located, was a perfect example of a personal touch. This is obviously a labor of love for Mike and Ann Marie, and the joy they take in their family is apparent. Regarding Belmar and the surrounding towns - walking Main Street all the way to Asbury (as I said the weather wasn't great, so we explored instead of laying at the beach) through 2 or 3 towns, it was apparent that this area is still recovering from Hurricane Sandy. There are empty businesses as well as places that look like they've seen better days. But there are also great looking restaurants and for some reason a ton of gyms, yoga studios and other fitness-related centers. In Asbury there are some hip interior design stores, maybe a bit overpriced but nice to browse. If you are used to safe and bland suburbia, you may find some of the area to be a bit depressed. The beach and boardwalk at Belmar are clean and pretty. I jogged up to Avon and Bradley Beach, and down to Spring Lake. All of these boardwalks are relaxed with very little commercial activity on the boardwalks. Sort of an anti-Atlantic City. Soooo relaxing at mid-week with not-so-great weather, but I can imagine all of the neighboring towns get packed on a sunny weekend. We ate at Matisse on a rainy evening, less than two blocks from the Inn. It was terrific. We also had lunch twice at the Avon Pavilion, which is an adorable open-air restaurant on the boardwalk in Avon. We also had the famous, uniquely delicious Italian Ice at Strollo's. And we went to 9th Avenue Pier, which was the only place we felt had ho-hum food and drinks that were a bit overpriced. I still would say go for it if you want to see a great view of the sunset. We live about an hour north of Belmar, and I thought it might be nice to get away but not to have to travel too far. As someone living in Newark who commutes to NYC for work, I can confidently say it felt like we had gone a thousand miles away. We will definitely be returning to Belmar and the Tandem Bike Inn!
"Perfect!!"
07/16/15 paulsellers53 Auburn, California
Wonderful place, absolutley delightful owners and FANTASTIC food....perfect in every way...plus it was convenient to the beach as well as to downtown Belmar....already planning to come back again next July!!
"Fun weekend getaway 😎"
07/10/15 Cynthia P Hudson River Valley, New York
We decided to stay here last Sunday after reading all the wonderful reviews and we were so glad we did!! The inn was beautifully decorated and the room was so much nicer than portrayed in the pictures on the website!! We stayed in the Breaker's Retreat room with a very comfortable king bed, nice sitting area, and large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub, which we really enjoyed 😉. Mike and Ann Marie were gracious hosts, gave a great recommendation for lunch and were always available if we needed them. I had emailed her before we arrived to attempt to make a request for breakfast after reading some wonderful reviews of her cooking and was so excited when she told me she could accommodate that request!! The innkeepers had a family emergency the next morning and we were unfortunately unable to sample her breakfast but they generously set us, and all the guests there that morning, up with vouchers for breakfast or lunch at a very nice local restaurant that was also very nice! Cannot forget to mention...try the tandem bikes that they have for guests, we had a blast!!! It made the stay even more memorable!!!
"Last minute getaway!"
06/16/15 Bianca B Somewhere in Jersy
We very lucky to get a room on a day's notice. Everything about the room and service was incredible. The hosts were extremely hospitable and friendly. I can't wait to return and spend more time there. Thank you!
"One of my favorite places to be"
04/10/15 Cheryl9878 North Arlington, New Jersey
I love, love, love this place, for so many reasons. First, Mike and Anne Marie Hayes are a lovely couple and really know how to run a B&B. For a sentimental reason, I love this place, as it was the place I stayed with my fiancé the night we got engaged. Belmar, Spring Lake and Sea Girt are the perfect, picturesque towns in the Jersey Shore area. So many great restaurants. Great area to bike in (making this inn ideal, as their bikes are a complimentary rental with your stay). Beaches and Lakes galore. Cute downtown areas. Anne Marie makes some of the BEST breakfast you'll ever have and their snacks are also amazing. I've been dieting for a while, but we're supposed to go there this weekend and it's totally worth the cheat to eat their goodies! It's a nice, quiet place to be and it's so clean and well-kept. I have been back here so many times since we first started going and we will continue to do so, unless we get enough money to move to the area someday (Andrew, if you're reading this, and I know you already know this, we will live around here someday). We even talk of marrying in the area and staying at this inn for our wedding (seems fitting, after the engagement, huh) and we hope our families will stay there with us. I can't say enough good things about this place. Go. You won't regret it.
"Fabulous Beach Getaway"
02/24/15 meb1967
The Tandem Bike Inn is a beautifully decorated, quiet and incredibly welcoming bed n breakfast. The homemade baked goods and made to order breakfast menu was incredible - better than any 5 star restaurant. The owners were incredibly gracious hosts and welcoming. The Inn provides simple and tasteful decor in the rooms and most notably an inviting large front porch with over sized rocking chairs to pass the summer morning reading, meditating or just people watching. Bikes and beach equipment are provided and its just a short walk to the beach (beach badges provided). We cannot wait to go back, highly recommend this for a long beach weekend.
"Delightful!"
10/20/14 LizP1055 Downingtown, Pennsylvania
We stayed here one night and it was absolutely perfect! We had one of the rooms on the third floor - it was very large and comfortable. Even the bathroom was spacious. It was spotless and had all the amenities you would need. The owners were very nice and very accommodating. The breakfast was fantastic - orange spice scones, baked apple, french toast, canadian bacon - all homemade and delicious. When the weather is nice there are tables set up outside for breakfast or you can relax on the porch in the evening with a bottle of wine. Highly recommended!