All hotels in Belmar, New Jersey, United States of America

• 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
"A wonderful getaway."
Stayed here for one night following our wedding. Couldn't have asked for a more wonderful, peaceful experience. And, breakfast was delicious. The owners were lovely. Even though we live in town, we'll definitely be looking for excuses to go back.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Catherine
"Wonderful B&B in Belmar"
We had a great time. The B&B is centrally located between Main Street and the Boardwalk. We were very well treated during every aspect of our 4 day stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Can't get better in the area, or probably anywhere"
Mike and Marie are welcoming and helpful. The place is so clean and everything you need is there in your room. There are snacks and coffee/tea anytime you want them. Just wonderful! Couldn't wish for better, here or anywhere! And, couldn't be more central to center of town and the ocean, too. Thank you for the opportunity to write this. Stella
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Stella Pulo
"Wonderful place !!!"
Mike and Ann Marie made us feel at home. The place was very clean and the morning breakfast was excellent. We will be staying here everytime we come to the shore !!!
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Naveen
"Very comfortable and quiet, great place to relax!"
My husband and I went to the Tandem for our Anniversary weekend. The atmosphere was amazing!! Everything about the Tandem was awesome! Mike and Ann Marie were amazing, kind and very helpful and the goodies were absolutely delicious! The bikes were complimentary, and so were the beach chairs and even a wagon to log everything with you to the beach and that too was a plus. The beach close to the hotel , so you can definitely walk there. We rode our bikes. After we checked out they gave us a handcrafted tandem bike for our Anniversary, which was really sweet!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Dera
"I absolutely loved this place"
My boyfriend and I went for an overnight getaway and this place was fantastic. We already love the Belmar/Spring Lake/Sea Girl area, and this place is now one of my favorites. I rode a bicycle for the first time in a while and I had a blast doing so. The owners are friendly, nice and accommodating. The snacks and breakfast were fantastic and you can have tea or coffee at any time (juice and other things as well, provided they have it in the fridge). Unlike other B&B's in the area, you don't have to leave money for a drink, which is wonderful. The room was clean and adorable. I can't say enough good things. We are a couple in our early/mid 30's and it's great for our age, or for anyone really. We especially liked the use of the bikes, at no extra charge. Go here - you won't regret it. We plan to go back extremely soon, maybe a week or so.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Cheryl
"Clean, great location, very friendly"
The room was lovely and clean, owners were friendly, they even had tea and cookies and a very nice breakfast. Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Tandem, I'd go back"
Super accommodating, Mike and Annmarie bend over backwards to make you feel like guest in their own home. Breakfast was off the charts. I'd definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Matt K
We loved our time at Tandem Bike Inn. Perfectly quaint town, located only blocks from the beautiful beach and board walk. We have since recommended the inn to our friends and family for a weekend getaway. The owners bring a personal touch and energy that is refreshing and generous.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2013
"We will definitely return!"
This bed and breakfast was a wonderfully relaxing place with great service, food and accomdations. We especially loved relaxing in the rocking chairs on the porch.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Cary
1 night trip May 3, 2014
MJS
"Lovely family owned inn with great breakfasts"
Other trip Oct 16, 2013

1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Tandem Bike Inn

"Last minute getaway!"
06/16/15 Bianca B Somewhere in Jersy
We very lucky to get a room on a day's notice. Everything about the room and service was incredible. The hosts were extremely hospitable and friendly. I can't wait to return and spend more time there. Thank you!
"One of my favorite places to be"
04/10/15 Cheryl9878 North Arlington, New Jersey
I love, love, love this place, for so many reasons. First, Mike and Anne Marie Hayes are a lovely couple and really know how to run a B&B. For a sentimental reason, I love this place, as it was the place I stayed with my fiancé the night we got engaged. Belmar, Spring Lake and Sea Girt are the perfect, picturesque towns in the Jersey Shore area. So many great restaurants. Great area to bike in (making this inn ideal, as their bikes are a complimentary rental with your stay). Beaches and Lakes galore. Cute downtown areas. Anne Marie makes some of the BEST breakfast you'll ever have and their snacks are also amazing. I've been dieting for a while, but we're supposed to go there this weekend and it's totally worth the cheat to eat their goodies! It's a nice, quiet place to be and it's so clean and well-kept. I have been back here so many times since we first started going and we will continue to do so, unless we get enough money to move to the area someday (Andrew, if you're reading this, and I know you already know this, we will live around here someday). We even talk of marrying in the area and staying at this inn for our wedding (seems fitting, after the engagement, huh) and we hope our families will stay there with us. I can't say enough good things about this place. Go. You won't regret it.
"Fabulous Beach Getaway"
02/24/15 meb1967
The Tandem Bike Inn is a beautifully decorated, quiet and incredibly welcoming bed n breakfast. The homemade baked goods and made to order breakfast menu was incredible - better than any 5 star restaurant. The owners were incredibly gracious hosts and welcoming. The Inn provides simple and tasteful decor in the rooms and most notably an inviting large front porch with over sized rocking chairs to pass the summer morning reading, meditating or just people watching. Bikes and beach equipment are provided and its just a short walk to the beach (beach badges provided). We cannot wait to go back, highly recommend this for a long beach weekend.
"Delightful!"
10/20/14 LizP1055 Downingtown, Pennsylvania
We stayed here one night and it was absolutely perfect! We had one of the rooms on the third floor - it was very large and comfortable. Even the bathroom was spacious. It was spotless and had all the amenities you would need. The owners were very nice and very accommodating. The breakfast was fantastic - orange spice scones, baked apple, french toast, canadian bacon - all homemade and delicious. When the weather is nice there are tables set up outside for breakfast or you can relax on the porch in the evening with a bottle of wine. Highly recommended!
"Comfortable, and yet..."
10/20/14 dramom River Edge, New Jersey
We stayed at the Tandem Bike Inn earlier this month, on a beautiful weekend at the beach and in town. The Tandem Bike Inn is a block from Main St., extremely convenient to shopping and restaurants, yet several blocks from the beach. Nice place, clean, comfortable, although I couldn't quite get the welcome feeling. In a way, I suppose that was good because it was caused by being presented with a binder of rules and regs upon reaching our room. The rules and regs keep the place clean. It was a bit disconcerting, but I imagine the inn owners feel it is necessary especially in the summer months. Consequences to actions were clearly spelled out in the folder. I was watching everything, even wondering where to toss my apple core - which bin??? since rules stated that food leftovers should not be placed anywhere in the room. Keep in mind the location if thinking of staying here while enjoying the beach, as it is quite a few blocks away. They do, however, have a carrier for their guests to help lug items back and forth. With this in mind, I don't think this will be my B&B of choice in Belmar
"Awesome Girls "October Getaway" at the Tandem Bike Inn"
10/08/14 Debbie C Moorestown, New Jersey
We are from South Jersey, and are always going to the Jersey Shore in Ocean City and LBI. So for a change we decided to venture off to Central Jersey and try a new shore town. We really lucked out in not only finding a great little shore town in Belmar, but an amazing B&B as well. For starters, we arrived 2 hours early, and our room was ready, so Mike and Ann Marie, our hosts, let us move in early. Mike helped carry our luggage up to the third floor and then showed us our room and all it had to offer. We stayed for 3 nights. Our rooms were immaculately clean, and tastefully decorated. The first morning we opened our door to an amazing aroma coming up from the kitchen and permeating the halls. I must say Ann Marie's cooking is to die for. Everything comes out piping hot, fresh & delicious! We were also greeted each afternoon with a delicious home-made baked good. My sweet-tooth was satisfied every day and then some. We went to the beach, and Mike laid out beach chairs, umbrella, and a large wheeled beach stroller to accommodate us. Later in the day he gave us a tandem bike riding lesson. We had lots of fun riding around the lake and town of Belmar. Ann Marie made dinner & shopping suggestions for us, which was very helpful since we did not know the area. She also informed us where to go to see the best sunset, and she was spot on. There is also a bookshelf in the hallway filled with Movie DVD's that we took advantage of on our one rainy day. What I noticed most about this B&B was all the attention to every little detail to make your stay enjoyable. Mike and Ann Marie were so accommodating and such lovely hosts. I can't say enough about this 5 star B&B. From the wrap around porch with rocking chairs, a portable bar, and beautiful hanging plants to the cozy inside with a fireplace, soft playing music, well stocked dining area throughout the day, current magazines to read, beach towels and rain umbrella to borrow, and they even sell cute little tandem bike Christmas tree ornaments, which we bought as a reminder of our little getaway. Minutes from the Beach, the Marina, Train & Shopping, along with perfect Hosts, Delicious Food, and an Adorable, Spotless B&B, I Highly Recommend staying here. We will certainly be Back! Debbie and Kim
"Great Weekend Getaway at Tandem Bike Inn"
09/26/14 Diane C Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
We had a Girls' weekend at the Jersey Shore and stayed at the Tandem Bike Inn. We went off season to get away from it all and we truly enjoyed the experience. The house is located 1 block from main street and there's plenty of restaurants to enjoy a nice dinner. It's also located about 6 blocks to the beach -- a great walk. They have a beautiful porch and rocking chairs which we took advantage of -- talk about relaxing. The rooms are beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and have so many amenities including free Wi-Fi. The breakfast was truly gourmet and we ate ours on the side porch. There's always afternoon tea and beverages accompanied with a nice sweet treat and healthy snacks. Mike and Rie are the perfect hosts -- so gracious, warm and welcoming! They always wanted to make sure we were taken care of and happy whether it was making us a reservation for dinner, helpful day trip advice or putting us on their bikes which are free of charge. This was our first trip to the Jersey Shore and we won't go anywhere except here!! We can't wait to return!!!
"A Great Getaway"
09/26/14 Janice C Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
A Great Weekend Getaway or a vacation destination! I stayed at the Tandem Bike Inn for a nice long weekend! At first arriving, the Inn looks so crisp and peaceful.The front porch has four white rocking chairs gently rocking in the breeze. As you sit on a chair you notice the hanging plants gently swaying from each opening of the porch. Hardy purple and green plants. As you make your way around to the side porch, several breakfast tables are made ready in anticipation for the next morning's breakfast. Breakfast on the porch served with fresh morning air. A nice way to start your day. When you open the door into the Inn, you step right into the living room area which continues to emit an atmosphere of relaxation and peace. One of the sofas calls out to you to sit, breath and relax - just enjoy the moment. Soft piano music is gently playing enhancing peaceful and reflective memories. The living area is artfully decorated with a little bit of an antique bicycle flavor along with the relaxing calm of an ocean side retreat. Modern comforts are obvious when you sit down in one of the plush chairs. I enjoyed hearing the beautiful grandfather clock, chiming and watching as the moon makes it's way across the top of the face as the hours slowly move on. Little touches of the ocean and bicycle artwork flavor the room and spill into the dinning area. Now here is a very important room. This is the place where the food lives. A nicely decorated room, clean and bright. An antique sideboard holds continental breakfast treats or afternoon tea refreshments. Fruit, cookies or pastries for afternoon tea. Something different every day. Breakfast bars, yogurt, scones, and fruit to start your morning before breakfast at 9:00 am. Like your coffee or tea? Mike makes fresh coffee and brings in hot water every day. Not forgetting to mention the Keurig at your disposal any time of the day with a nice variety of teas, coffee choices and hot chocolate. The little refrigerator holds juice, milk, coffee cream flavored or plain. Everything at your reach continuing to enhance your special destination to relaxation! Breakfast at 9:00 am - We enjoyed being cheerfully served breakfast on the side porch. A Delicious fluffy quiche flavored with a hint of cheese and a light layer of shredded potato was served with applewood turkey sausage sliced longways and cooked to perfection. Light salad greens with grape tomatoes spritzed with balsamic vinaigrette and let us not forget the hot fresh cheese infused biscuit that sealed the deal. Sunday morning brought french toast made from a crescent flavored with vanilla and a nice dollop of dripping cinnamon butter and maple syrup. Fresh raspberries and canadian bacon completed the plate. A nice touch on the table was the small antiqued brass bicycle fixtures that held petite salt and pepper shakers. I stayed at room #3 The Beach Breeze. Again everything promoting a feeling of treating yourself and just enjoying the moment. Fresh paint splashes each room. Soft hues of beige, sea foam and whisper soft blues mirror ocean sea glass and sand. Yes, the feeling of being at an ocean side retreat! The rooms have plenty of ventilation and windows letting in the ocean breezes. But you have a large ceiling fan and air conditioning too. Something for everyone. The private baths are clean and bright with gleaming white fixtures. And my favorite touch, a large lighted magnifying mirror above the sink helps us feel confident that we are looking sparkling too as we leave our room to enjoy another beautiful day! Mike & Rie go above and beyond supplying you with tips and suggestions for fun things to see and do in the local area and can suggest some great restaurants for you to enjoy! Yes, they even print maps for you to help with your daily plans! Yes, I enjoyed my stay at the Tandem Bike Inn! I'll be coming back! Thank you Mike & Rie for a perfect weekend get away!
"Great Experience at the Tandem Bike Inn!"
09/25/14 Ann D Andover, Massachusetts, United States
My sisters and cousin went for a 2 night stay just to get away for a few days. It was above and beyond what I expected. Rie and Mike are so welcoming, and wonderful Hosts. When we arrived, we got a tour of the living area. They had snacks,and fruits. Afternoon tea was great, and they always have something sweet for your tea. We went to our rooms, and the rooms were so clean and had everything we needed. A/C, ceiling fan, great size TV with cable. Free WIFI. The windows had nice curtains, and also room darkening curtains as well. Our room had a deep jet tub, and the shower head was really nice. Great water pressure! The location was so close to Main Street. Its walking distance to the train station as well. We happen to catch the Seafood Festival that weekend. We did not have to drive anywhere. Plenty of restaurants to walk to. Rie and Mike knew the lay of the land pretty well, and had some great recommendations for restaurants, and places to check out. They would also call the restaurant for a reservation for us, if needed. A lot of the restaurants have BYOB, which is great!! The beach was a few blocks away. They had sunscreen, towels, parking pass if needed. They also have bikes to rent at no charge. They have a continental breakfast early in the morning, then from 9-10 AM, they would serve you a full REAL breakfast!! DELICIOUS!!!! I also loved eating my breakfast on the beautiful porch! This is included in the price of the room! What a treat!! I love breakfast, and a homemade breakfast can't be beat!! I wish we could have stayed for a few more days. Next time we go, it will be a longer stay. Thank you Rie and Mike for making our trip to the New Jersey shore a great experience! We will be back!!
"Lovely b&b in Belmar"
09/10/14 julietraveller01 hoboken
We've usually gone to Belmar for a day trip coming from Hoboken. I had walked passed this B&B and looked it up online after. So last weekend, we decided to stay over. Super cute b&b... very modern but at the same time very cozy. Very clean, just enough amenities too! They had coffee/tea 24/7, cookies and treats in the afternoon and breakfast was amazing. We are definitely coming back next Summer.... or maybe even off-season :)