All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines
Sitio Pinaungon, Barangay Balabag, Malay, Boracay Island, Aklan, 5680, Philippines, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

Other trip Dec 3, 2013
valdemars

TripAdvisor reviews for MR Holidays Hotel

"Comfortable, No Frills hotel"
06/19/15 Kirsten B Metro Manila, Philippines
PROS - located in station 1, between discovery shores and Kasbah - has beach beds - a few steps away from the beach front resto Beach Bites that serves a variety of dishes at an affordable price - with someone selling barbecue, hotdogs, etc in the vicinity - very warm and friendly staff - great service - with free breakfast - very peaceful place - with roundtrip port transfers but you'll go down at Sea Wind and walk towards the resort CONS - no main road access. you need to walk to the small street near sea wind to go to the main road - no free wifi access - free breakfast is very very basic - rooms are very small - television in the room is also very small The hotel is very basic but what i like most about it is the location. it's in the peaceful part of boracay and you're practically walking distance to everything that's great - 5 minute walk to jonas, 2 minute walk to Two Seasons for their yummy 4 cheese pizza and oyster sisig, a few steps away from Kasbah, 2 minute walk to White house if you want to party. although there was no access to the main road, it wasn't a problem for me because everything i wanted was within walking distance. If you want a peaceful place to relax and enjoy the beach, then this is for you. although keep in mind that the accommodations they offer is very basic. If you want a hotel with lots of amenities, you'd have to look for another one.
"Recommended, but..."
03/04/15 twofinger Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
i do review a lot of places. Since I'm in tourism i do visit a lot of hotels. First of all, what you pay is what you get. So yes, there will be better places. Just spend more money. But if you are the kind of person who doesn't want to spend too much for accommodation, this is a great choice. Small but clean rooms, hot shower (electrical boiler), airconditioning, safety-box, cable tv. No water cooker or other amenities, but available on request (ironing-board etc.). They have Wifi, but in room the signal might be weak. The signal in the lobby is good. Even opening the door of your room might do the trick. So all in all the room is good, the staff is very helpful and usually the room-rates are inclusive of breakfast. This breakfast is limited in choices, a set "meal", but it's good enough. And its served beachside, with sea-view :) Another important thing is the location. This hotel is in the perfect location if you want it to be a bit quiet located (for Boracay standards). This is the peaceful area. Amazing beach, stunning views, actually the hotel is just steps away from the beach, with sun-beds and only a 10/15 minutes walk away from the busy/crowded part of Boracay, with all the bars and restaurants. And to go to this epic centre of Boracay, this is even a nice walk along the beach. Just to be clear, there are plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes walk as well. If you are the single traveler, or on a party holiday, you might wanna stay somewhere else. But if traveling with your gf/bf/hisband/wife (even families) and not want to spend fortunes on hotels, this is a great choice! Basic, but recommended!
"The most affordable"
01/06/15 1wishderi
If you want to stay in a boutique hotel in station 1 overlooking the whitebeach and less crowded people. Youve come to the right spot! Perfect for mellow vacation without being too exposed in the party scene of other resorts! Friendly staff! Clean rooms!
"Great staff, good room, bad location, aweful food."
01/03/15 Charliebriango
The staff in the hotel were very friendly. They give thorough answers when you ask them and they greet you whenever you meet. We stayed in the hotel for 5d/4n for the new year celebration. The location was far from the main Boracay road where all the commercial restaurants are. We have to pass through a small "right-of-way" road to ride a tricycle to the center of station 1 and 2 which is fine if it weren't for the smelly corners in that road. There are 4 edges where the local boys pee/urinate there. It stinks! But the hotel itself is very near the beach (almost beachfront) which I like. The free breakfast in the hotel is okay. Regular "Tapsilog" choices. But I never expected that one of my meals was served half-cooked hotdogs! I suffered indigestion because of that and I had to vomit 5 times to get the hotdog out of my system! I didn't go out of the hotel on our 4th day and what a waste.
"great value in station one"
11/13/14 mojito_drinker manila, philippines
if you don't want to spend your trip to boracay surrounded by the hordes of visitors, station one is the place to stay. however, it's also home to the more expensive lodgings. mr holidays is the affordable option in station one. it is nestled between discovery shores and kasbah restaurant. while it does take 20 steps to get the beach, it officially on beachfront. it's a small property and none of the rooms look out onto the beach but the rooms are spacious and clean. --and when the beach is that close, you really don't need the view from the room. i have stayed at this hotel many times & i constantly recommend it to people.
"Very affordable"
09/06/14 Iris O
Situated between discovery shores & ambassador in paradise.. This small hotel is somewhat really small but clean & affordable. They only serve breakfast but if you want a spectacular meal theres always restaurants nearby. We've been staying in this hotel for quite sometime now bec the location good although a heads up if you want to access the back street, you need to pass by seawind resort because theu dont have a back access pass..
"Reasonably priced - great location"
08/25/14 Iamchibby Paranaque
Great value for money! Very helpful staff, they are polite and accommodating. Seamless arrival and departure thanks to their partner southwest transfers :) Rooms are clean and well maintained, just right for a couple (we booked the standard room) :) food is ok, could be improved you can ask them to cook stuff (paluto) like spam for breakfast for a minimum fee though. We had a great stay in boracay, thanks MR Holidays :) we will definitely see you again next year!
"Budget-friendly"
06/19/14 travelbuddyy Manila
If you're on a tight budget but would like a hotel around Station 1, then this is the hotel for you. Though the beach is a few steps away from the hotel, getting to the highway from the hotel takes a lot of walking. I find it not easily accessible from the highway especially for tourists who ride the tricycle as their means of transportation in exploring Boracay. You'll pass by approximately 7-8 hotels by walking the shore before getting to the hotel. The staff are really friendly and are always willing to attend to our needs. However, the room size is small to my liking. The restroom is likewise small but clean. But then if you're on a tight budget, then this hotel is right on the budget.
"Great location, no frills hotel. "
04/16/14 nutalia
This is my second time to stay at this hotel. It has a fantastic location along Station 1. It's located right beside Discovery Shores and Kasbah. It's not exactly beach front (you have to walk a few steps back) but it's just the right distance. Rooms are basic and clean. Comfy pillows and mattresses. Staff was very accommodating. I wanted extra pillows and blankets and they were quick to respond and deliver them. Most important for me however was peace and quiet at night since I'm a light sleeper. This place is very quiet at night.
"discriminating"
03/20/14 AIMAEKON Singapore, Singapore
I came home to Philippines all the way from Singapore just for my Boracay trip and was pretty confident about this hotel because of its good reviews but I was apparently wrong as they will treat you according to what you look like. My boyfriend and I look very simple and quite young for our real age so I felt that we didn't get the accommodating experience that some guests experienced, maybe because they think that we are "small time" guests that they can just ignore. They did not clean our room, I had to ask for them to clean our room. I've heard one of them said that we were always lingering around that they can't clean it up. (Not true, we were at the lobby most of the time since their wifi connection is really poor and we intentionally did not go to our room since I know they should be cleaning that time of the day) Their complimentary breakfast was served at a different establishment. We had our lunch there the previous day and the staff wasn't friendly nor willing to serve at all. it was the same place that MR holidays send their guests for free breakfast, and again poor service from Gloria's Kitchen (the mini resto) since they treat us like crap and won't give us our choice of fruit when it was obviously available and all other guests (most of them foreigners) had a different kind of fruit. I don't care about the fruit at all, but what bothers me most is how they discriminated us and won't give us the treatment we rightfully deserve. To be fair the staff at MR holiday were friendly especially their guys who seem to be very eager to help without expecting anything in return (most bell boys ask for tip for every service they give). Girls were friendly but kind of lazy. I hope MR Holidays would read about this and improve on their service, i know they would remember me, room 11 (march 15-17). I will not recommend this place though it's affordable. I would rather pay expensive hotels to get the treatment every guest should have in every hotel regardless of who they are..