All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

4.8
    4.9
    4.8
"Fabulous getaway"
Lovely, restful, beautiful place. Knowledgeable and entertaining owners and staff, incredible breakfasts, well-run and overall a great place to hang out or use as a base to explore the area.
4 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"WOW - this place is great!"
This is a gorgeous place with excellent hosts! The grounds are wonderful with flowers on the decks and beautiful bay views. After hours of travel, we felt a wonderful sense of relaxation come over us upon arrival. We had some issues with our phones and Dieter was amazing in helping us take care of things in the states that were time sensitive. He really went above and beyond to help! The room was spacious and spotless. Our room had a loft with a bed for our son which he totally loved. There was a wonderful deck where we could watch the geese and swans on the bay. Our teenage son took a kayak out for a spin to work out the travel kinks. In the morning, we went for a long walk on the nearby trails and were treated to some wonderful scenery. Breakfast was excellent both days we stayed and Dieter showed us on the map the nearby points of interest. We will definitely return on our next trip to Victoria!
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Jacqui
"pacific rim trip"
Debbie makes a wicked breakfast and has a good knowledge of the must see places in and around Victoria.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015

"personalized touches"
the owners took extra time topersonalize my stay. a memorable stay for sure. thanks deiter!
3 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Paula
"Our little get away:)"
It was quiet, beautiful, and the breakfast was really good.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Great first experience at a B&B"
An amazing location in Victoria at the end of a quiet street and overlooking the bay. Our host was delightful and very interesting to talk to. Breakfast was served each morning and was delicious. We will no doubt visit this B&B again on our next visit to Victoria.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
bjw
"Perfect"
Comfortable rooms with friendly helpful staff. Made us feel welcome.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Leo
"Strongly recommend"
The staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the view in front of the house is gorgeous! Will go back there again one day!
Other trip Jun 4, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Birds of a Feather Oceanfront Bed & Breakfast

"Very cozy and hospitable"
08/22/15 gerbila Bellingham, WA
Dieter and his wife made us feel welcome at their lovely B&B. We were in the honeymoon suite and it has lovely views of the water. If you are a bird watcher you can see them up close with the bird scope and binoculars they provide. The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The highlight of the stay for us was the delicious breakfast and the conversation with Dieter and Paphada.
"Amazing view and homestyle comfort!"
08/16/15 Kimberly A Woodland, California
We just spent three wonderful nights in the Honeymoon Suite, which had an amazing view of the lagoon and ocean. The breakfast served every morning, was so delicious and unique. Dieter and his lovely wife, are wonderful cooks and hosts! We felt like family and realized this kind of service makes us want to come back and visit sooner than later. From being able to take out kayaks, the canoe, sit in the best hot tub ever, to just taking a movie up into the room, makes Birds of a Feather one of our favorites B&B's we have stayed at so far!!
"Everything I wanted and more"
08/07/15 Abigail R Barrie, Canada
We stayed at Birds of a Feather for 3 nights and was blown away. We stayed in the Luxury suite, and was amazed by how clean it was. I loved the little patio that offers the perfect view over the lagoon, and the weather was perfect every night to sit out there and relax. Breakfast is a treat on its own - a table filled with everything you can think of, including fresh baked bread and sweets, and Dieter is equally full of knowledge about what to see and where to go. If you want to see the best parts of Victoria and have a lovely home base to return to, you definitely want to stay here.
"Excellent Stay at Birds of a Feather"
08/05/15 Brodo18 Winnipeg, Canada
I recently stayed at BOAF for part of my honeymoon. It was a great getaway from the business of the city to just relax for awhile. Dieter was very accommodating and allows everyone to utilize his canoe, kayaks, bicycles, etc without extra charge. The hot tub was very nice, and you get private use after 9pm if you have the honeymoon suite. The breakfasts were delicious and the honeymoon suite was very clean and comfortable. You also have your own small balcony to enjoy the view of the water. Well worth the price and I would highly recommend BOAF to others staying in Victoria!
"We expected more, but it was still nice"
07/27/15 ColoradoHappyhiker Colorado
From the banner on the website we expected a location within sight of mountains and on the ocean. This location isn't quite that - it's on an inlet that is billed (no pun intended) as a bird sanctuary. I saw geese, swans, a kingfisher, an eagle, a wonderful blue heron, and I'm sure I would have seen more if I had stayed longer. We had the honeymoon suite, and that had a great view. The room was generally clean and comfortable, but the floor was a little dirty and sticky in spots. The breakfasts were good (not spectacular, but just fine), and the host (Dieter) was very nice and very helpful in helping us with a whale watching trip (amazing, amazing amazing!). The neighborhood is sort of standard suburbia (that is not a complaint).
"Cares only for bottom line - cancelled my resveration so he can make more money"
07/24/15 Rob M Pitt Meadows, Canada
I booked a room with them last night (Jul 22) for one night on Aug 1st and it was booked and paid for (through a 3rd-party site). A person from the B&B (it appears to be one of the owners) called me up this morning (Jul 23) and told me that he wanted me to book 2 nights or he will cancel my reservation. He said he "needs to make money" and giving me a one night room would be "doing me a favour"… he basically said "I don't care if you complain to me or the 3rd party site (Hotels.com) but I'm going to cancel your reservation if you don't book 2 nights (basically "blackmailing" me). I told him I can't as I cannot stay in Victoria more than that night and he just told me he will cancel my reservation. This is pretty much blackmail. Not only did they messed up by posting a room as available (and it processed and was paid in full) even though they had other ideas, he treated me like I did something wrong and basically called me up and made a demand (that I couldn't take) or else he will leave me standing (on a long weekend) with no room… he made up some excuse that he has a "flight to take" in 30 minutes so he doesn't want to talk to me anymore but really, just wanted me to get off the phone. You can see how frustrating this is. I mean, if you messed up, at least do something (offer a future discount or something) and even worse, the way he dealt with it was pretty much "tough luck buddy but I need to make money this long weekend"… If you can put yourself in my shoes, you would be up in arms too. You think they would at least offer something like a discount on a low-season stay but they didn't care AT ALL and even worse, the owner made me feel like it was my fault that I booked a room (which they had available and I paid in full for) for one night and not two... I contacted Hotels.com and they at least tried to help and got me another room although it was very expensive and not what I wanted but at least I have a room. I'm just very frustrated at how this was handled by the owners of Birds of a Feather B&B.This is very unprofessional way of handling their own error, especially for a B&B/hospitality business. Be warned: when given a choice they will care more about their bottom line than giving good customer service.
"VIEW and AMBIANCE"
07/24/15 cgarson Langley City, Canada
You can't beat the ambiance and warmth of this up to date B and B - RIGHT ON THE WATER We are in the honeymoon suite which has it's own balcony directly on the water the hosts are an added bonus, great breakfasts and friendly helpful information on the area Royal Roads is a wee walk away
"Birds of a feather - perfect getaway"
06/21/15 SaskiaPalesch
We stayed here for a night for my boyfriends birthday. We had never been to a bed and breakfast before but heard really good things about Birds of a feather. Right when we drove in the culdesac you saw the lagoon and the gorgeous view. Not only is the location just perfect, the house itself is beautiful and elegant, and the rooms are really nice and tastefully furnished. Dieter, the owner was really great and friendly. Overall - this place is like a little slice of paradise. We will defiantly be back!!!
"Stunning and Relaxing!"
06/18/15 Mommyoftwinsx2 Sherwood Park, Canada
This was our second stay at Birds of a Feather (last stay was 8 years ago for our honeymoon). Once again we were awed by the beautiful location, friendly hosts and the cleanliness. We stayed in the family suite due to availability and enjoyed the extra space. The ocean front hot tub is a wonderful addition! The only thing I would change is adding a bit more variety to the breakfasts. They were great but some meat at each breakfast would have been nice (like some bacon, ham, breakfast sausages) and a bit more variety.
"Perfect place to visit Victoria BC."
06/14/15 D7897THjohnc
We were blown away by the beauty of the place when we drove up. It got better from there. It was right on the water with a view of the city, geese and swans swimming by and we saw several bald eagles.What a sight! The honeymoon suite was spectacular, very comfy bed, big TV, nice shower and tub and a wonderful private deck overlooking the lagoon. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Dieter even helped our with our farm Facebook page. I have stayed in many, many B&Bs all over the world and I have to say, this was one best B&Bs ever.