All hotels in O'Connor, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Great pool
    Great amenities
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"An OK place to stay for a short period."
Had to book a hotel at the last minute and Alivio was pretty much the only choice at the time because the Australian was in session and they booked almost all the hotels. On arrival even though I had my Expedia reservation the hotel staff had difficulty finding it in their system, glad that I had my hard copy ready. I stayed 4 nights at the "Ridge" cabin. The cabin was OK , there were a couple of roaches close to the coffee and sugar bowl, so a little bug spraying would raise the comfort level. The shower is just enough to turn around, but had other than that it had good running hot water on demand. WIFI is only 200 Megabytes a day, so if you are into heavy streaming it will not be enough (password should be on the wall somewhere on a piece of paper - mine must have fallen off as I had to ask for one). The bed. Well this is one area that definitely needs improvement, NO BACK SUPPORT. I have a healthy back (Thank God) but after the second day I was feeling the lack of firmness that I like. Breakfast is NOT included - but on the other hand the restaurant offers some good choices - loved the Big Brekkie, kept me going going with enough energy until Noon. Taxi service - be ready to wait at least 20 minutes to get one. Since it was parliamentary session one day we had to wait 90 minutes to get to downtown.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"overpriced, but central"
we stayed a couple of times here. This time we had a motel-room.Our bed wasn't made proper and the shower is in need of a good scrub on the inside, especially on the frame.The tablebase was dusty,so was the tv.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Great stay, will be back"
This tourist park is in a perfect location, and is modern and clean. Friendly service was exceptional and facilities were great. Just thought the hot tub was not very hot.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Wonderful park, but cabin needs renovation."
Our family stayed one night at a cabin at the park. The park is well designed. Staffs smile and ready to help. We forgot to bring cooking oil and the staff at the café gave my wife a cup of oil for free with SMILE. It seems that common areas such as children's play ground and barbeque areas have been renovated recently. But the cabin where our family stayed seems very old. I can even smell the oldness. It needs renovation. Nevertheless, the cabin was clean and my babies like it. I liked that the cabin was cleaned by a out-sourced professional cleaning company. I also found that some of cabins are being renovated at the moment. Next time I want to stay one of those cabins.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Great location and warm!"
When we stayed at the Alivio Tourist Park, we opened our cabin door to a beautifully heated room on a freezing cold night. There was plenty of space for the three of us, and the bunk bed was greatly enjoyed by our 12 year old. The room had everything we needed: full kitchen, spacious bathroom and two bedrooms. We hope to return to Alivio on our next trip to Canberra!
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Emily
Having spent 10 hours driving to Canberra, and not been there very often, therefore not knowing our way around, we drove around for a long time trying to find the Canberra Motor Village. We were VERY annoyed to find it had changed names the day before and nobody had bothered to let us know. (They had my mobile phone number and email address) Also there was no street sign to tell us we were even in the right place.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Comfortable Cabin for a small family"
Couple with toddler: Good: great little cabin with car spot out front; two bedrooms/shower/toilet/combined lounge/dining and kitchen; cosy and with good energy about it; good value for money; Excellent/ clean and tidy Tourist park; excellent customer service; not too far from Civic (10 min drive). Bad: Nothing
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2016
This park is a resort park great for families, couples or groups of friends. Not excellent for a solo traveller (like myself) a little distant from the sights of Canberra- huh, maybe I should have read reviews! But they have everything for people who want a cottage or camping setting close to the city.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2016
Neil
"Great park facilities for the kids"
Great park, with great facilities for the kids, my room did need a little work- replace Lino and needs new stove, update bathroom.the accomodation was spacious large room, clean. Accomodation met my needs for the night. Close to stadium and AIS
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
Hayley
"Visiting family"
Visiting family. Stayed in garden villa, rooms on the small size, particularly the 2 bunk bedroom. This room was too small for 4 people. It was much smaller than it looked in the photos.
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Free wifi just 200mb a day. One of the reason that I choose this hotel is free wifi. I thought unlimited free wifi. So disappointed. Not stated on the website.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2016
Kok Leong
"Premium villa stay"
I stayed in a premium villa and I thought that was great. I think the lower prices accomodation may not be so great
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
"Canberra 2016"
This was a sporting trip away for under 16 boys - the venue was perfect with some great facilities on site and enough space for them to let their hair down. The rooms were great for feeding the hungry boys breakfast, lunch and dinner and then relax in between games. The on-site cafe / bistro served up a wonderful meal and at very competitive prices. I will be recommending this venue for future trips away.
4 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2016
"Reasonable bungalows"
Would have been nicer if not disturbed 2 mornings out of the 3 we were there by building works. Some maintenance on curtain rods needed but overall comfortable
Other trip Jan 18, 2016
"Good park good restuarant"
Good location easy to get around by car restuarant was good and well priced pool and bbq area are nice cool herb garden will be happy to stay again on our next trip
Other trip Jan 17, 2016
Clean comfortable and modern.lovely outlook .perfect for families.
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
"Summernats weekend"
I stayed here with a few friends for the summernats weekend and it was perfect, room was spacious and clean, perfect location close enough so it wasnt a long drive to summernats but able to avoid the traffic and craziness
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
evelyn
"Cabin small but fantastic pool & sports facilities"
Cabins are close together, could hear neighbours at night.
Other trip Jan 10, 2016
"Loud cars and smoking and drinking."
We arrived on the same day that about 100 loud summernats entrants also arrived. We couldn't let the kids walk anywhere around the park because of those stupid cars and the drivers. The drivers enjoyed doing laps of the park with their loud engines trying to impress each other. We couldn't open any Windows in our cabin because all surrounding cabins had groups of men smoking out the front. Numbers of families were down and groups of morn walking around with alcohol was high.
Other trip Jan 9, 2016
NewyFox
"Great family location close to the city centre"
Excellent accommodation - villa was very comfortable for the family. Kids enjoyed the on-site activities and the location is less than 10 mins to the city centre making it very convenient and a great combination.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"Was unable to stay in the room as too small"
The room was too small for three adults or two adults and two kids as advertised. Had to pay for one night as booked for two. Hotel staff wanted to charge me for two but after an hour of waiting around agreed to charge me only for one night. Booked into the Mantra on Nortbourne very happy. Got a one bedroom apartment for a extra few dollars a night.
Vnam
"Great value with plenty of facilities"
The cabin was small but clean and had all we needed. The pools were great after a hot day sightseeing. I will stay again on my next visit.
Nick
"Great for families"
Good location. Easy to get to all Canberra's attractions. Particularly loves the outdoor facilities- clean BBQs, sports areas, pool.
ellen
"Graduation and early Xmas"
Catch up with family. We stayed in a motel unit while others stayed in 3 bedroom cabin. Motel room was basic and clean. Cabin was wonderful. For an extended holiday it is perfect with all amenities.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Debbie
Accomodation laundry operates on tokens and the park ran out of tokens to operate machines ! Our room cabin had an ironing board but we could not find the iron, reported to reception to follow up.
Other trip Dec 12, 2015
helen
"Nice, clean, views are good"
Check in service was poor. I found her to be rude and in helpful.
Other trip Dec 10, 2015
"dirty and in need of an update"
cockroaches, spiders and ants in our cabin dirty rubbish bin smelly toilet not very happy
Other trip Dec 10, 2015
I stayed with my two boys and their friends. The room was perfect for our requirements. A nice bed for me and bunk beds for the boys. Pool was great for the kids.
Other trip Dec 6, 2015
Denis
"A lot to offer without the cost"
Great facilities, great food. Room was much bigger than we expected. Grevillea Cabin was excellent.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
ryan
"Handy to City centre"
On route from Sydney to Eden and stopped for the night. We were very pleased with the rooms including how clean the room was. Our visitors from the USA were also very impressed.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
"Perfect"
Feel like at home. Everything is good. I love there
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Helen
"Unchanged in 25 years - more's the pity"
3 cabins booked, 1 for 2 consecutive nights, the other for the 2nd night. 1st party were given a very tired cabin, smelling damp & musty. Although the bed linen appeared fresh the rest of the facilities were dated, worn & poorly presented. The bunk bed frames & rails appeared unclean & were badly marked. Returning to the room for the night they found the cabin unlocked; on investigation the lock on the door did not work & they had unknowingly left their belongings vulnerable for several hours. A cabin of similar grade was not available so they were upgraded at about 10.30pm. The replacement cabin was new & in far better condition, affording them a decent night's sleep. Prior arrangements had been made for the 2nd party to "take over" the cabin on 2nd day thus making facilities available for the day but the 1st party were instructed to check out by 10am. It took a telephone call from the 3rd party & several explanations for the situation to be rectified. 1st & 2nd parties took possession of a cabin at the original grade. Room was found to be infested with large black cockroaches. 3rd party checked in & relocation was requested for 2nd party. 2 cabins near 1st cabin were allocated. The door handle of the cockroach infested cabin came off in the hand of the guest locking it up. This was returned to reception and greeted with laughter. Both allocated cabins were smelly, musty and crawling with ants. We returned to reception, asked for a refund, and left.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Grammie
The type of cabin we chose was quite adequate for our stay.
Other trip Nov 27, 2015
Barrie
The free WiFi allocation was disappointing being only 100 MB per day. This is too small for reading online newspapers and email. 1 GB per day would be a viable amount for these purposes
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Neil
Smaller than expected
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
adam
We stayed at Alivio for a family reunion. The cabins are a lot smaller than in the pictures, the aircon in all l the families cabins/villas barely worked and the rooms stayed stinking hot 24/7. Free wifi is available but only if you ask for log on details and is not promoted by staff. Pool area was amazing and clean but limited parking near reception and pool area. Would stay again but not when its going to be too hot as cabins do not cool enough to sleep comfortably.
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"our little holiday hut"
We stayed for 5 nights. Unfortunately we never got to use the pool as the weather was too cold and wet. I thought the restaurant we very expensive and very limited menu. We enjoyed our stay and were out most days.
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
""Impressed hotel invironmnet""
It was impressive stay
1 night trip with friends Nov 11, 2015
"Did the job"
The room size was disappointing, my son and I had the Heritage room and it wasn't as large as the impression I got from the website. I would not use it again as though the room was for two people (so having to contain 2 single beds) we were a bit cramped for space - but other than that no complaints as the staff were helpful and the facilities clean and fairly attractive.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Rhonda
Great location. Good facilities. Would stay again.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Very nice good location great amenities will consider using again
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
Petrr
"Very convenient to the city"
As there is often more than 1 in our group this location offers excellent self-contained two-bedroom accommodation that is very close to the city.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Gavin
We were only there for a night but would happily stay for a week :) plenty for the kids to do and the restaurant served good food at reasonable prices. Cabin was a bit small with all our suitcases but was clean and fine for an overnight stay. Bigger cabins are available.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
Beth
"Generally recommended"
Good location close to city. They've been upgrading their facilities which comes across well. Great places to walk nearby. Quiet at night. Service was a bit poor this time (I've been before and it was pretty good previously: room wasn't ready on arrival and when I came back later to check in dirty water was left in the vanity and food scraps left on the kitchen table. Normally it's pretty good though.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2015
"So close to everything we wanted to do in Canberra"
Great location to the bush as we mountain bike to go out the gate and we had great trails to ride.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Judy
"Small and dirty"
Stayed one night in a Wattle Glen cabin. It was very small for the price. There was some hair in one of the beds. The blankets in the drawers under the bunk beds also had hair on them, and one of the blankets was filthy and crusty. There was a dead spider stuck to the wall in the 2nd bedroom. It was very prominent and was very dry and crumbly, so had been there a long time. Not a big issue, but indicative of the general state of the cabin. Breakfast at the cafe was good, but again a bit expensive, and you could not add it to your room bill.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Only disappointed was we had a few people canel in our room and we couldn't combine with another of our group who already checked in.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
mola
"Close to canberra"
Rooms we ok - beds were rather hard and couch needed to be upgraded Cooking/kitchen facilities were of high standard Ground of the park were good with lots to do, groundskeeper was a really loverly guy who was very friendly to the kids
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"Nice little cabin, would stay again."
Great cabin for our family, lovely staff and the restaurant food was very good also.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
mel
Well kept ,handy location by car, too far to walk to bus & especially back in hot weather.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015